BA/ZB, ZG, ZD
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Ramon
RamonNortheast, VIC

New motor needed after 30000kms not happy Jan

Bought a year ago with 21000kms, found out the head gasket had just been replaced. Had a missfire issue recently . booked in today told the motor has to be replaced as coolant has leaked into the motor. Very poor manufacturing by Ford, would replace the car but cannot afford to. I hate LEMON cars.

Purchased in March 2020 for $21,000.00.

Craig F.
Craig F.South East Queensland, QLD

Engine Blown after 60000km

Daily Drive for my wife. Bought the car new and now after 60000km, it has a blown motor. 1.5l EcoBoost motor leaking coolant into the motor. Ford replacing under warranty. The car has always been serviced by ford at the recommended service intervals. My wife was driving to work the engine light came on and the warning was to stop the car immediately. My wife then rang ford service and they told her to take the car to the service centre. Was informed by Ford it needs a new long motor to be installed due to a coolant leak that warped the head and the block. Ford is replacing under warranty and supplied a loaner car. My concern is that the motor that is going into my car will do the same thing after another 60000km or when out of warranty.

Purchased in March 2018 at Ford Dealers for $33,000.00.

Joseph
JosephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good value for money

Daily driver...Economical...No nonsense suv...Had a misfire problem when I bought it but replaced spark plugs and coils with quality replacements and now doesnt miss a beat....Good reliable and fun driving

Fabio GranadosMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Smooth, impressive and economical.

Most be the most economical v6 vehicle I've ever had so far.
I enjoyed this car very much, it was comfortable and high to ride, very easy to maneuver as it is very small in size and still roomy and practical inside.
I think it is a great choice all the way.
Fuel wasn't much more than I usually used for a 4 cylinder rav 4. Very impressed, would gladly buy another.

Purchased in February 2020 for $5,000.00.

DamonSydney, NSW

Disappointing...

After much research, I decided to buy the Escape.. within weeks noticed a noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. Brought it back to the dealership, they said nothing was wrong.. problems continued brought it back again, 'no problems with the car. Drove it out of the dealership, went around the corner and brought it back again, demanded that I talk to the service manager, he took it for a drive.. you need a new rear diff.. the car has only 7000kms on it.. all covered under warranty but not what you expect from a new car..

Purchased in July 2019 for $39,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Boo
Boo

Love it

This car is just so easy to drive. I thought it might feel big and cumbersome stepping into it from a small car, but it feels so light and effortless. Loads of helpful extras like blind spot assist and it adjusts speed to match if car in front slows down. It has plenty of grunt and responds well when you need it to go quickly.
Only downside for me was the dealer plastering their name (ie. free advertising) over the car. Now that I have removed the stickers and got replacement numberplates to remove dealers name from them, it looks much better - note to potential Dominelli buyers!

Brad M
Brad MSydney, NSW

Great all round soft roader

Probably the most underrated vehicle on the road. Great handling, fully specced, comfortable, and goes hard.

Highly recommend a test drive, in particular if stepping down from a 6/8 cylinder, as these have more than enough power.

Downsides:
- fuel consumption on the 2.0t averages at 13.1l/100km... mainly around town driving. Not great and likes premium.
- a knocking from the front right on full lock that the Ford dealer cant find a problem with so far.
- could use more rear leg space... but to be fair thats common to all in this size/ class.

Purchased in December 2017 for $36,000.00.

Claire
ClaireNortheast, VIC

Versatile, comfortable car - very happy!

Very comfortable vehicle packed with all the essential features and creature comforts. Safety features among best in market. Accessories like puddle lamps and lane guidance real bonus. 60:40 rear seat split very handy - we have even fit a large wheelbarrow in the back of ours!

Purchased in August 2017 for $35,000.00.

Sayyed
SayyedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Full of problems

Every 30ks engine light goes on can’t find what is wrong. Not a fuel economy car. Ford is using just his badge the real car is Mazda Tribute. Don’t buy this car.

Purchased in April 2010 for $11,000.00.

derek
derekNarooma, NSW

Just brilliant

My Escape is used for commuting in our regional town ( Narooma ). My wife finds it extremely easy to park, and for me, it certainly has more than enough power
It is used on average, five to six times a week (in town ) with acceptable fuel economy.
On a trip. though, it is a pleasure for me to drive, as it certainly has power & torque to navigate any problems that we may face.

Purchased in January 2018.

elv

Great Car with some minor issues

Date PurchasedJune 2017
DriveAWD
Sean
SeanBrisbane

Brilliant car!

After a lengthy process with Ford relating to a previous vehicle, we bought the 2018 Escape. This car is absolutely beautiful to drive and a very sturdy solid little unit. Comfortable and we'll finished and has everything that opens and shuts and connectivity is amazing.

Very, very good job FoMoCo!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great but thirsty

I bought my 2006 Ford Escape earlier this year and it has been a great car. The size inside and out is great and it hasn’t missed a beat. The only problem, which is a big problem in this current climate, is that it is terrible with fuel. I would be lucky to get 450km out of a tank!! Looking to buy a new car purely due to the lack of fuel economy.

BadgeXLT Sport

BadgeTitanium
Date PurchasedSept 2017
Rachel
RachelMelbourne

Not a bad upgrade from the focus

I purchased my car in March 2018.
So far I have driven it over 5000kms, including a return trip from Melbourne to Mildura. In this time the car has been nothing but reliable.
I am a big fan of all of the safety features, including auto braking, lane assist and adaptive cruise control.
The car is comfy and spacious, which my dog loves!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

Doomadgeeasked
Escape ZD (2008-2012)

Have a 2010 Ford Escape with the digital readout for climate control. When you switch on the air the air switches on but no fan. You go over a bump in the road or close the door or glove box sometimes it comes on (fan). Checked all the fuses and seem to be fine.

Bad electrical connection

Doomadgee

Ended up removing the glovebox and playing around with the wiring into the fan and it’s working now. Your 100% right.

Petrus E.
Petrus E.asked
Escape

My escape loos water out of the resevoir it cooks out

Blown a head gasket?

George P.
George P.asked
ZG Trend (2016-2021)

How accurate is the fuel rating ie 5.5litres/100 km for the ZG Trend diesel.
Had a Ford Escape ST Line 2.0lt. turbo AWD that that had a fuel rating of 8.5lt/100km combined when in actual fact was over 11lt./100km and a poor 9 lt/100km country driving

Damon

I have a titanium, country driving I get an average of around 8lt/100km, in fact I drove from Perth to Sydney at Christmas and after driving around Adelaide and Melbourne got 7.2lt/100km. In Sydney traffic I'm currently getting around 10.5-11lt/100km. I use unleaded 98. My escape is an early 2019.

Compare all 11 Ford Escape
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $28,990$30,490$33,490$39,990
TransmissionManualAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy19" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption6.3 L/100km7.2 L/100km7.5 L/100km8.6 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L60 L60 L60 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power110kW @ 6000rpm134kW @ 6000rpm134kW @ 6000rpm178kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque240Nm @ 1600-5000rpm240Nm @ 1600-5000rpm240Nm @ 1600-5000rpm345Nm @ 2000-4500rpm
Country of ManufactureSpainSpainSpainSpain
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg1,500 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016