Ford Falcon FG X

Ford Falcon FG X (2014-2016)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gibbo

GibboBlue Mountains

Best car ever except for Ford not warranting the diff

Date PurchasedMar 2016

JJ

JJSouth Australia

I wish they still made the Aussie built Falcon

Picked up a Nov 2014 built XR6 from a Ford dealer in March this year. Immaculate example in every way only 18000km on clock mostly highway one owner vehicle. The old guy that had it before me is a Blue Oval man just like me. Great car effortless power. Just eats up the highway miles. This is the 2nd Falcon I've owned they both have been great.
This is easily the best Falcon yet. I'm not sure why some of the review's aren't always glowing. To bad they don't make them anymore.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Redman

RedmanHervey bay

FGX G6E- The Best was saved til last!

BadgeG6E
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best Ford I have ever driven.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Oscar Altavilla

Oscar AltavillaMELBOURNE

Satellite Navigatio Update Nightmare

BadgeG6E EcoLPi
Date PurchasedJun 2013

Joel Northcott

Joel NorthcottSydney

A very sad loss for Australia

Purchased my 2016 FGX XR6 in Victory Gold last week and have to say I'm incredibly happy with it. It is such an engaging drive and such a beautiful car to look at. I take my hat off to Ford Australia for creating the FGX Falcon and SZ II territory on only $103 million. Phenomenal.
Car drives like a dream, very fuel efficient, very responsive. Very well equipped even in the XR6 aspirated. You cannot go wrong. For the price I paid for my 2016 XR6 Falcon I could have bought a Hyundai that has no soul and is purely an appliance. Value for money.

Very impressed, try and get your hands on one before they all disappear.... you will regret it if you miss out!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

alex

alex

Nearly Perfect - except for the rattles and squeaks

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Nearly perfect- if it didn't rattle so much!

Joey

Joey

The Best Work Ute I ever had

So easy to live with , love the voice control, comfy seats and the way the engine just purrs along effortlessly . It makes going to work so much more enjoyable , and that's important as I run my own business and spend a lot of time driving from one job to another. The LPi makes it very economical to run , and what a bonus to have more power than petrol. It is a real shame that I will not be able to replace this Ute with another Falcon when the time come to update . I have had 6 new Falcons since the BA's averaging 250000 km when replaced , and have never lost a days work . They really did leave the best till last.

BodyUte
Date PurchasedJan 2016
VIk B

VIk BSOUTH MORANG

Absolutely love driving this car!!!

I use vortex 98 premium petrol and car runs quite smoothly and gives better average. It's bit expensive to run on premium quality petrol but the noise and performance it give when you accelerate that car is unbelievable. I love the legroom and dashboard design. I like the overall design of the car. I have Audi A5 as well but I prefer driving this car. My wife drives Audi A5. The only thing, I will improve is the back seats design.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

This a perfect car for me

So easy & safe comfortable reliable.Being a pensioner I need to know I have a safe reliable car Ive driven Fords since I was 18 Im now 69 yrs old. I couldn't ask for a better car. My Grandchildren love it too. My partner has failed eye sight so I do all the driving.

BadgeClassic Futura
Engine Size6cyl
Date PurchasedApr 2016

suzyq

suzyqCanberra

PERFECTION ON WHEELS

As a replacement for our slightly tired BFII XR6, we bought a brand new FGX XR6 with the LPI motor. This is way the best car I have driven, considerably better than the two Cadillac DTS's we drove in the USA (rental cars). LPI makes the LP Gas experience complete. There is NO gas converter, just a one or two second delay before it's ready to start, without needing petrol. Comfort, performance and running costs are all excellent. Driving the 260 km to bring it home from Campbelltown cost us about $20, and my regular trips to and from Canberra around $10. Synch 2 is very impressive, far the best GPS system I have used and really useful for hands free dialling on my mobile. LOVE IT!

Les

LesSilverdale

Saved the best till last

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Matt

MattSeven hills

The last of the bread

Well all I can say is bloody brilliant test drove the car and bought on the spot interior is all that you need in the car and easier than what people say . And the seat position is not as bad as people say and I'm a tall person and I drive 500 kilometers a week freeway and traffic every day and I use between 55 and 60 liters a week and it is one of the last fords that really drive greater than I could possibly imagine cannot live without it

BadgeXR8
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Engine Size5 litre supercharged
Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Slick and quick

By far the best car I've owned, has enough tech to feel modern but not too much so it still feel like old school muscle. The drl look great, day or night. The turbo feels awesome and responses fast. Not that keen on the roll bars but they can be removed. Handles great.

BodyUte
Date PurchasedJun 2016
Jimbob

JimbobSydney

Most underrated car on the market.

BadgeG6E
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Last of the Falcons and the best by far

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.0 Supercharged

Stuart G. Australia

Stuart G. AustraliaCanberra, ACT.

Best car ever!!!

Engine Size4.0L

Brett

BrettGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect Car For Business & Pleasure

Date PurchasedApr 2015

bobkat

bobkatLogan Central, Queensland

Cannot wait to drive it again and again

Recently purchased an FGX XR8 $64000 drive away and what a beast it is, you get a DTP with Rspec suspension in a falcon body new front and rear, interior is leather with hugging seats black roof makes you feel snug, this is an extremely refined car, there is no heaviness of the 2010 XR8, windows up its a lovely town car then, you hit the loud pedal and it is this other car, supercharger singing race feel and sound, you would be forgiven for thinking you were at Bathurst.

For the last falcon V8 ever Ford have gone for muscle car with refinement, if you want every gadget known to man bu a Commodore SS redline, but if you want to feel your balls grow again buy this be quick there is only 1200

Richard H.

Richard H.asked

I have a 2015 XR8 with 28500 km, I only drive it on the weekend as I have a work vehicle.

The clutch has started to slip and the dealer has advised it's got heat marks on the pads and they need to replace it and its not covered under warranty as its a wear and tear issue not a fault. It seems odd to me that it has worn out after so little driving, the car also has a heavy duty clutch in it as a performance vehicle and there is actually a feature for fast take off that I have tried once, Launch Control. Any ideas, suggestions, advice apart from BOHICA?

The other issue the vehicle has is the SYNC mobile phone connection system, it is really poor on "hearing" and interpreting instructions particularly for navigation. Is this anyone else's experience? Any suggestions to fix this one?

Formco

Formcoasked

Hi, I own a 2016 fgx xr6 with 6 speed manual. It has 70,000km and since about 30,000km the clutch pedal vibrates when foot is placed on pedal while at idle and driving but as soon as I press the clutch in to change gears it’s fine. I do around 500kms a week and becoming undrivable. I have been to three different dealerships and all confirm clutch is fine and say it’s a common characteristic of this model but won’t fix it under warranty as they say it’s not a manufacturers defect. I think it’s a design fault and I am asking for a solution but dealerships are also saying if I replace clutch it will go away for 6-12 months and will happen again. Ford Australia won’t help me and also keep saying the same thing. Can anyone help me?

Fgx 2014
Fgx 2014

Hi

I own a Fgx 2014 xr6 manual

I had what sounds like a similar issue and whilst I had some work done on the clutch, it was subsequently diagnosed as a tail shaft centre bearing

The independent did a great job on the diagnosis. They pulled the tail shat out, sent it to a machine shop. The shaft was fixed at both ends and re fitted

The car now goes great again. All up just over $500 , but worth it.

Darren c

Darren casked

Hi
My 2015 fig x intermittently takes off in 2nd gear and when cold trans thumps back into low when pulling up at intersection a couple of times then is ok,dealership can’t fault as it won’t play up on them,,any thoughts please done 75,000 have extended warranty

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

CategoryCars and Sedans
Starting Price $35,900
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypePetrol