Frank Green Smart Cup Original

Frank Green Smart Cup Original

See the Best Reusable Coffee Cups / Travel Mugs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AusEv

AusEvSydney, NSW

Cup good / quality not long lasting

As other reviewers have said, the paint on outside of these just strips off so quickly. It’s really bad.
Cup itself works well in terms of coffee (or a cheeky G&T) but there are definitely too many moving parts in the kid that milk and other liquids get stuck in, difficult to wash out making it stink and terribly hygienic.
Paint job probably the most disappointing part.

Purchased in November 2018 for $40.00.

too hard to clean

looks great , feels nice, easy to drink from and doesn’t leak but omg so ridiculously hard to get clean, totally over engineered, too many parts, i have 3, 2 were gifts, so it means i have spare parts, would not recommend or repurchase

Purchased in June 2018.

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Looks nice. Requires too much effort to clean

Received Frank Green reusable coffee cup as a gift from work. Design looks absolutely beautiful and seems to insulate hot drinks well enough. However, the biggest drawback for me and the reason I would not buy it is that it takes a lot of effort to clean. Coffee (or any liquid for that matter) gets inside the opening and closing mechanism and requires disassembly of around 5 different pieces (try figuring out how to reassemble it back the first time!). Some small corners are impossibly hard to clean unless you have a thin pipe brush, similar to what you'd use for cleaning baby bottles and even that is some work in itself. Food and drink containers should not be this difficult to clean (even with instructions).

Purchased in January 2020.

No insulation at all !!

I was given this cup as a present and made a hot drink in it to take to work.
The cup was instantly too hot to hold and by the time I got to work, about 30mins, the drink was cold, what a waste of money.

Purchased in December 2019.

JessicaM

JessicaMSydney, NSW

Constantly leaks

Has leaked from day one. No combination of pressing the little button up or down changes the fact that it leaks no matter what. Lovely colours and appearance but there has to be a design flaw if so many people have the same issue.

Purchased in February 2019 for $39.00.

Always use my Frank Green for takeaway coffee now

This is such a great reusable coffee cup! I love that I can chuck it in my bag without it spilling and it is a nice compact size. Would definitely recommend giving them a go!

Dee Dee

Dee DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Nearly three years with my cup and no issues - love it

This is not the perfect cup - could keep hot drinks hotter for longer and it is a little clumsy to clean but I still love it - love the shape, the size and way it feel and the opening (better than the Keep Cup I used to have) and haven't had any design issues, only if I haven't closed it properly and I totally own those moments. I do not understand any of the negative issues people have had I can only think they didn't know how to use it properly - its not rocket science, but I cared enough to look up the care instructions. I would advise everyone to do that and not be lazy or ignorant. And you'll have no issues.

Purchased in August 2017 at Mulberry for $45.00.

Poor performance for a double-walled cup

I was gifted two Frank Green original resuable cup (small). Used it for a cup of hot coffee, and within minutes, the outside of the cup became way too hot to hold (push button was in the open position to let the steam out). That is quite unexpected for a double-walled insulated cup. I thought it might have been a lemon, so I tested the second cup. It was the same result. What good is a double-walled insulated cup if it's too hot to hold? It also means that the insulation is not that good.

Purchased in February 2019.

Awful! Do not buy!

Do not buy anything from Frank Green. The product is low quality, leaks like everyone says and is NOT dishwasher safe! The lid no longer twists on and the whole cup is now garbage and I've only been using it for a month! Wasted hard earned money on two of these!

Purchased in March 2019 for $30.00.

Warning: Leaks Like A Waterfall

It leaks so much that its actually ridiculous. For the price I paid for this, I feel ripped off. I'm suprised the company has not done anything to address this!

Purchased in August 2019 for $49.00.

Great customer service! No issue with leaking here!

Unfortunately when I received it, it wasn't perfect with a small scratch on the base. I emailed customer service with a photo and the next business day I got a reply to say a replacement base is on its way in Express post! Got it in the mail a few days later and they had upgraded me to the next generation base! Great cup, no leaks, looks great and practical.

Purchased in August 2019 for $30.00.

Vania K.

Vania K.Western Australia

Don’t even.

The cup leaks like an uncontainable waterfall. It surprises me how much more liquid leaks as i hold it up right, when trying to wipe off the original leak. This product is definitely not worth your money. considering it’s price, you can get much better product than this.

Purchased for $40.00.

Expensive and leaky

For something that costs as much as it does, this cup leaks all over the place. I thought it didn't have a seal inside the lid but it does so the fact it leaks is baffling. Awkward to sip from as well, and sometimes will just bubble your drink on to your nose from the 2nd air hole. Main cup is fine to wash but the lid takes on a lot of water and you either have to unscrew it all to dry or stand over the sink for a while shaking out water.

Doesn't really have a thermos function.

Never used the tap and pay function because I have a phone so why would I?

Looks good, that's it.

Purchased in February 2018.

bbsb007

bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great in theory, leaks in reality

I love this design, it's the only reusable coffee cup I can get a coffee in and throw in my handbag knowing it won't leak. Perfect for a mum with kids and 6 bags to carry. The coffee / tea also stays warm for a long time as it's sealed.

The downside is that although it doesn't leak when you keep it relatively upright in a handbag, after 12 months of use it leaks as soon as you tip it up to take a sip. I've disassembled and reassembled the lid & screwed the lid on super tight but nothing works. It's now useless.

Very disappointing for a product that you purchase to be more sustainable. Apparently they are made from recyclable materials, but who knows where it'll end up if you throw it in your recycling bin?

Purchased in June 2017 for $30.00.

It leaks and the lid mechanism broke.

Frank Green refused to provide a refund and they actually stopped replying to messages. Don't waste your money on these cups, they look good but that's about it! Poor company.

Purchased in April 2018 for $35.00.

Jamie Schippers

Jamie SchippersHunter Region, NSW

Leaks, smells and doesn't stay warm long

Worked OK for the first 6-12 months with only occasional small leaks but now consistently leaks all over the place. The push button mechanism it quite complicated with lots of places for milk and coffee to get lodged and then REALLY smells after a while as its hard to clean. We also paid extra for the stainless steel cups after initially buying the original - did not make a single bit of difference to heat retention and was luke warm after an hour. I honestly dont know how these are still sold everywhere when they're SO BAD

Purchased in January 2017 for $40.00.

Troy Kelly

Troy KellySydney, NSW

Just more landfill - better to get a takeaway cup

Like many others - this cup leaks from the seal after only a couple of months of use.
It would appear the material selected for the cup lid is too soft to use in a coffee cup and deforms/shaves away with constant removal and replacement of the lid.
I reached out to frank green to ask for a replacement lid - rather than just send one out - they wanted photos, then wanted proof of purchase and where I got the cup from.
Nobody else makes frank green cups - I'm not trying to trick you by asking for a replacement lid.
The company obviously doesn't care about customers or the environment.
Do not waste your money on this overpriced landfill.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Naked Duck for $40.00.

frozenfocus

frozenfocus

Works well, but hard to clean

Mine doesn't leak at all, as long as the lid is screwed on firmly. So it is functional.
However it's hard to clean, as the lid assembly has nooks and edges, so you can only clean it so much day-to-day, and you'll have to disassemble it from time to time do give it a proper clean. Even then it's difficult to get it completely clean.
The cup also retains a coffee and dishwashing liquid odour even after drying. Maybe it's just the nature of plastic.
While it is durable, the exterior is prone to staining. Mine is in great condition, but it does have a light stain on the outside which doesn't wash off.

Purchased in January 2018.

Andrew T

Andrew TPerth, WA

Overpriced rubbish

Purchased two cups for my wife and I. They both leak from the seal. Overpriced cheap rubbish. The lid is also annoying to clean and retains liquid which also leaks when drinking.

Winster

WinsterSydney

Not quite perfect

I obtained my Frank Green cup during a Sydney Westfield x Frank Green promotion and generally use it to drink coffee or tea on the go. It’s relatively light-weight compared to other travel cup options and easy to carry around.

However, like other reviews, I found that the cup/bottle tends to leak but only if the outside rim of the base and/or the inside rim of lid (i.e. the areas where the lid and base are screwed together to close the cup) is wet. Solution is to wipe down these areas with a paper towel and ensure that they are completely dry before closing the cup - not 100% foolproof but it works.

See all Frank Green Reusable Cup reviews