amkerker

amkerkerWimmera, VIC

Cancelled my hospital insurance with another insurer

When taking out ancillary cover only, they completed a cancellation form for both hospital and ancillary cover. It took me 2 hours to fix it up with them and my hospital insurer which was clearly an admin error of GMHBA. I am glad I ended up cancelling extras cover with Frank because, I find out anyway that they would hate to have to take on covering our family for extras as we would claim orthodontics. Not sure that is how health insurance works but anyhow, good to know Frank and indirectly GMHBA will not go broke now from not covering our orthodontic item numbers that we will claim.

Under 30No
Would Book AgainNo

pdekroon13

pdekroon13Darling Downs, QLD

Fair and Fair dinkum

always been there to assist with claims , and offer help with questions , have so far been excellent with paying out claims and made me feel less vulnerable , or worried about being taken care of , when sick and in an already stressful situation. It is nice to know Frank is watching my back .

Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
topion

topionSydney, NSW

Love that Premiums remained reasonable

Policy was easy to set up and love that premiums did not escalate rapidly. This is my 3rd year with Frank Insurance after previously changing health insurance yearly due to dramatic rise in premiums

Bonnie

BonnieIllawarra, NSW

Best ive come across

Policy very good value. Took no time at all to set up. Claims always settled quickly. Been with FRANK about 4 years. Very helpful and polite staff . Calls answered quickly

Anna

AnnaSydney, NSW

Awful customer service. Misleading claims. Member portal does not work

Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Frank is the best health insurer

I have been very ill this year with cancer and Frank has been so supportive. The staff are incredibly helpful and compassionate. Thank you for your support over this last year.

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Debbie Hall

Debbie HallSydney, NSW

The best health cover i found

I have found Frank Health Insurance to be a life saver! I've had quite a lot of dental work and it's really taken the financial pressure off! I have also been able to visit my podiatrist and chiro last minute without it breaking the bank.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Michael H.

Michael H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Perfect Cover.

My policy was easy to set up and covered everything i required. Have lodged a few claims in the last year and there has been no problems claiming, have been with Frank for 3 years. I am more than satisfied with the service and cover i get with my policy.

Jula

JulaHunter Region, NSW

Genuine Health Insurance

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

M McKillop

M McKillopSydney, NSW

The best health fund I have been a member of yet.

Consistently exceeds expectations with the rebates I get on allied health. Have not yet used it with in patient services. Slightly disappointed when I realised there is no naturopathy cover.

Claim DateAugust 2019

helen.garske

helen.garskeNorthern Region, NSW

Well worth the money

I did not realise I was entitled to a payment for medication upon leaving hospital. I am very satisfied with the service and the over the phone assistance given to me

Claim DateJune 2019

Denise

DeniseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fills all my needs

My policy was set up with CS and I feel I get value for money. I have been with Frank nearly 3 years and couldn’t be happier. I have lodged claims without any problems.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Frank Minimum Working Visa - Does NOT exempt from Medicare Levy Surcharge

Madeleine

MadeleineSydney Surrounds, NSW

Always happy to help, no excuses to pay!

Great value, great service! Been with them 2.5 years and all claims were paid without any hassles! Can highly recommend Frank. Even had a shortfall paid back to us without submitting the claim!

Claim DateJuly 2019
Bernie

BernieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Health Insurance company

This health insurance company is great. Customer service is friendly and efficient. They have good value for money policies and payouts when claiming are high. They pay the same no matter where you go.

Claim ApprovedYes

This is a must have insurance

Is great value have been with frank for around 2 years, I have had many offers from other health co but I find frank health insurance to be the best by far.

Dal Marshall

Dal MarshallNorth Western Region, NSW

So far so good, and expect this to continue

Policy is great value, only offering the things I need not offering me things that are of absolutely no use to me as is offered by my current health fund

October 28th 2019 Update: Good product, nicely priced

Havent had to use the insurance yet, and hope it will be some time before I ever need it ..... but so far the experience has been positive and expect this to continue into the future.

Would Book AgainYes

Excellent private health insurance, great customer service

Great value for the policy, I have been on their extras for a couple of years now. It was easy to set up. Customer service is excellent, especially with their live chat. you can pretty much ask anything, and their staff is all very helpful and friendly (most of the time). Especially this person Shareena, she is very friendly and help me deal with what I needed.

you can lodge a claim online, and usually you'll receive it within a week.

I've been with them for 3 years now.

Ron of Rye.

Ron of Rye.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent fund to deal with. Very happy.

I don't think any funds are good value but Frank softens the impact with open and friendly service. All our claims have been settled in an acceptable time.
As best I can recall I have been with Frank for approximately 6-8 years.

Awais Mahmood

Awais MahmoodSydney, NSW

No more frank health insurance it's cheap but they don't return your hospital expenses.

I bought visitor family health insurance 2years ago. This month first time I lodge a claim which is $500 return but they start playing games and sad bring multiple docs from hospital. I ask hospital they sad we never ever giving these forms to patients even we don't have. I have all invoices which is i already provide to insurance company but they won't help me. Before I was with allianz they bit expensive but good when ever I lodge claim they made more easier for us and return. No more Good by Frank

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Christine W

Christine Wasked

We have been with Frank for 3 years and they have been very professional when ever I need to find out anything to do with our policy and claims would recommend them to anyone. The only thing I don't know is if our policy is from January to December or does it restart from financial year.

k.pringle
k.pringle

Hi....well i guess you are lucky. I had a terrible time with them

lisasmith

lisasmithasked

Is everyone’s excess going up by 50% on the 1st April 2019? Or just ours? Friends with different providers are not experiencing an increase.

Kerry Edwards

yes from the first of April

Frank Health Insurance FFrank Health Insurance

Hi Lisa,

I can't speak for all health insurers, but as I understand it a large portion of providers are electing to increase the excess level on certain policies. The reason that Frank has chosen to increase the excess level, is that we are committed to keeping premiums as low as possible. Generally speaking, a higher excess means a lower premium!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Zac - Team Frank

Amrie

Amrieasked

Hi, if i was to transfer over to frankinsurance from defence health does the wait period still apply for transfers? Thank you

David Flint
David Flint

Ask Frank, they may have a no wait clause or the like which may be beneficial.

Frank Health Insurance FFrank Health Insurance

Hi Amri,
Thanks for your question.
When you transfer to Frank, we will honour any waiting periods you have already served with your current fund for a similar level of cover as long as you have not had a gap longer than 30 days in between health funds.
Regardless of the level of extras cover you have with them, we will give you continuity of cover, it will only depend on how long you have held your cover with them that may have an impact. The hospital cover is different, however, if you transfer to Frank on a higher level of cover than what you held previously, you will have waiting periods for the procedures that you were not previously covered for.

If you have any further questions I would suggest contacting us via phone, web chat or email our contact information can be located here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact.
Regards,