Frank Health Insurance

Frank Health Insurance

Great extras coverage

Recently joined at end of 2018, when I go to places and my partner also goes, the receptionist always looks at my card funny with a "who's Frank" and then when they see how minimal my gap payment is,
Really easy claims process and never had an issue.
Cheers, Frank!

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

this is better than other health funds

my policy Frank more extras good value serving my wait periods no claims yet 1 week happy with what I've got might shop around and get basic hospital just in case

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainYes

great policy, great company, excellent staff.

great policy, great company, excellent staff. Claims were so transparent, and coverage is and was excellent.
My son recommended Frank after us being with NIB for over 390 years , wish I had changed 29 years ago!

Claim DateNovember 2018

More about extras

I thought the policy was good value when i changed to it 2 years ago from another similar cover. And compared to a lot of others it is better value.
I am happy with the higher 60 % rebate. Never a problem to claim. But I don't like the fact that for eg. naturopathic & homeopathic is no longer inc. in any health insurance. + the other dozen or more modalities wiped from health insurance.
I like the fact that I can suspend my insurance if i'm out of the country for longer than a month.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Kym, Thanks for the review! We try and keep things simple and affordable so it’s great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date. Zac - Team Frank

Hope we are with you to stay

Joined March 2018 It would have been easy to join except for our previous Health Fund messed the transition up, and as we paid yearly and by direct Debit they still took out our premium for the year, which then took a month to get the money back. The Policy we now have covers us for or needs.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainYes

Higher Premiums & Reduced Services.

We have just received our new yearly premium starting 1st April 2019. The yearly cost has increased by $184.00 and our excess has been increased from $500 to $750 by Frank. To make matters even worse Frank have also decided to remove the following procedures (See List Below) from our current policy as of 1st April 2019. We have had Best Hospital Cover with Frank for numerous years and are extremely disappointed with this continual removal of benefits paid. Please check your upcoming premium & goodbye Frank.

New hospital product categories
From 1 April 2019, the Australian Government will introduce four simple categories for hospital products: Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic tiers. Your cover will be categorised as a Silver+ product.
Excess change
Your excess is changing from $500 to $750. Your attached product fact sheet contains additional excess details.
Hospital services that will no longer be covered
From 1 April 2019, Frank will not pay benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Dialysis for chronic kidney failure: Hospital treatment for dialysis treatment for chronic kidney failure
· Insulin pumps: Treatment for the provision and replacement of insulin pumps for treatment of diabetes
· Pain management with device: Treatment for the implantation, replacement or other surgical management of a device required for the treatment of pain
· Weight loss surgery: Hospital treatment for surgery designed to reduce a person’s weight, remove excess skin due to weight loss and reversal of a bariatric procedure
Hospital services that will be restricted
From 1 April 2019, Frank will pay restricted benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Hospital psychiatric services: Treatment for patients with psychiatric, mental, addiction or behavioural disorders
More information about restricted benefits is in the attached product fact sheet.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018

Excellent cover, budget price

Top level service and cover for very reasonable prices. Why wouldn’t everyone have at least extras cover at this price. Every time I go to a service provider and they swipe my card they say, Frank i’ve never heard of that. But when they see the level of reimbursement and the minimal gap to pay, they are always shocked. That in itself talks up how good this insurance is.

Coverage TypeCouple

Easy to understand health insurance, competitively priced.

Easy to set up, everything is online, written in plain English that is easy to understand and website is simple to use. Good insurance, competitively priced. Customer service is good too. Highly recommend.

Coverage TypeCouple

Exceeded my expectations for a private health membership

- Yes, Yes
- lodged claims and resolution always rapid. Entitlements directly credited - No fuss.
- my 3rd or 4th year. I've tried all the 'Commercial' ones previously. That's all they are - Commercials!

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

I recommend Frank

recommed Frank to many people. We have been a member of Frank for many years and I love it's no fuss/authentic policies and procedures. The customer service is outstandingly prompt, efficient and seamless.

Coverages

I've been with Frank since Augst of 2018, and I recently have frozen shoulder/upper back pain and found out the amount and percentage of the maximum cover is not much especially the service fee is high. If you're currently in pain and don't know how long it takes for it to heal before having to pay 100% out of pocket especially when you paying for the insurance policy but is still not enough to cover therefore it doesn't feel right at all.

I hope you guys can review and reconsider to increase an additional $100.00 and increase the 60% to 80% instead for the maximum coverage for the following below, to me preventative services is much cheaper than the cost of surgeries.

Exercise/Hydro/Myo/Physio $300.00
Acu/Nat/Homeo/Massage $400.00
Chiro/Osteo $300.00

Thank you for your help.
Tami Nguyen

Insurance claim madeNo

Dont love it but dont hate it

Around 3 to 4 years. Have compared other health insurances each year but always continue with Frank as they're good for my needs

Insurance claim madeYes

I have only just goi it, so early days still

I have only been with the insurance company for one month. So it is early days still for me but I have no complaints so far.

Suitable

not sure how long of being a member, a few years, staff have been very helpful when making inquiries. Being a pensioner, premiums are getting very expensive.

very good

approx 5 years i have no more to say about your company i recommend frank to all our friends thank you

Happy

Always quick to pay, have never had any problems claiming, happy with services used. Nil complaints
Good service provided for family

Better than the rest

I have been in a health fund continuously for 34 years, many different ones: Medibank private, Budapest, Government Employees Health Fund included. This fund, that I have been with now for over 5 years, has been great for me and my husband. We have been very happy with the benefits we have received. All health fund premiums are expensive but at least this fund has been more generous than others in terms of our claims.

Useless

18 yrs. only joined for tax purposes. Frank has an insidious operating model. They hide the facts hoping you will never find out. If you do find out they give you the policy which is too difficult to figure out while keep increasing the premium so you give up in frustration and they win. I believe others would be the same. I will quit private health insurance completely at the earliest opportunity.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easiest and most rewarding health insurance

Frank health insurance is great - I signed up easily online and had all my questions answered promptly with web-chat. I prefer web-chat to phoning. Whenever I make a claim at the practitioner they always say the rebate is the best they've seen. In my experience the rebates are fantastic for dentistry and osteo. Retrospective online claiming is easy too.

Happy Frank

We have been with Frank for a few years now and are very happy. Would be nice for private health insurance companies to be more flexible when it comes to allocation of specific $ for services. Example: If you need more physio, you should be able to move chiro $ to physio etc. But besides this Frank has been really good.

Insurance claim madeNo

Hi, if i was to transfer over to frankinsurance from defence health does the wait period still apply for transfers? Thank you
yesAsk Frank, they may have a no wait clause or the like which may be beneficial.

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?
I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issuesHi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you
Hi Ann, Thank you for your recent question. I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment. To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/ Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Team Frank

Similar listings