Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (28), 1-2 weeks (3), 1-2 months (2) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (3)

Frank is god value

Always helpful and polite, they have helped me out on a couple of occasions, even with the Covid , they reduced my subscription.Very cost effective and easy to contact, well done Frank!

Coverage TypeCouple

Frank is a legend

Frank has been very supportive and transparent through a tough 12 months. My policy is simple to understand and staff were readily available to check items and provide advice on potential out of pocket costs etc thank you Frank!!

Coverage TypeFamily

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A simple call made it worthwhile.

My policy is great value. I could actually claim more than what l thought. Having Basic cover l was only looking at the hospital stay.
Lodged the claim over the phone and everything was simple. Was offered a call back if l ran into any issues.
7 years after thinking was l really someone that needed cover.

Claim DateNovember 2020

The Muppett

The MuppettSydney

Disgraceful behaviour during the covid pandemic

Coverage TypeFamily
Robin Marchment

Robin MarchmentGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service and premiums.

Good choice of cover. Good premiums. Great service. Any query always answered promptly, clearly and courteously. I've been with Frank for about 6 years. Check other funds each year but always stay with Frank.

Ariadna R.Sydney, NSW

Attention migrants! Got charged for Lifetime Health Cover even got hospital cover immediately

I just realised that for the last 3 years I was charged for LHC even as a migrant who got immediately (within 365 days) a private health cover since got a Permanent Residency (and entering the country) I'm not suppose to pay it. And this is about 100$ per month!
Send a request for a refund. Membership Number 245260

Coverage TypeCouple
Ariadna R.

Can confirm that the after contacting the insurance company, provided medicare document they have fully refunded

Jennifer

JenniferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

affordable cover

I have given Franks a run for my money, when I make a query or complain they have always been professional & responsive, and attended to my claims quickly, also my I had a issue with my LTH Cover, I found where the error was it was from previous fund and Frank refunded my monies straight away. thank you

Arthur

ArthurGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Affordable and good coverage

Claim DateJune 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

I am extremely satisfied with Frank Insurance.

My policy is good value.
Bountify were a great company that recommended Frank Ins. and helped me set it up.
Claims usually happen immediately. Adjustments are made by the service provider.
I joined Frank 30-6-2015 (five years)

Plan CoverageExtras Only

marilyn

marilynSydney Surrounds, NSW

can't live without health cover

no claim as yet, ask me in a months time
Don't know card doesn't say
Don't ask people to do a survey then tell then how many words to right, that is very rude, if you're not satisfied don't ask

Gee

Gee

Health insurance as it should be - Simple and affordable

The best health insurer I've used so far- Frank make it very easy to claim on the spot or online. There is no catch with Frank, you get your rebates no matter where you go - no need to go to a 'choice' providers selected by your health insurer.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Great perfect

Easy access with on hand personnel to answer any queries with claims and questions on what your policy covers.
Ive been a member for approximately 10 years and i can't fault them

Under 30No

dropped optical provider without notification

Frank dropped my optical dispensor vision direct with no notice to customers who have been using them regularly. Now $300 out of pocket. I can return my prescription glasses but wont get refunded for the lenses. They state vision direct is not australian, however they promote "clearly" who are also international

Suzanne Melbourne

Suzanne MelbourneVictoria

Not supportive of COVID - 19 Health practises

My son suffers from migraines , so we were recommended to see a Dietician. We did this , but it was a CONFERENCE CALL due to COVID - 19 new practises .
This was certainly not our choice but that of the Clinic.
We were billed $150 , but FRANK HEALTH will not pay this claim .
The service is part of my Benefit , but they will not pay as it was not face to face .
How disgraceful is this .
I will be moving my Health Insurance to a FUND that is responding properly to the current world.
Not happy at all .

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Heidi Kessell

Heidi KessellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very slow and unresponsive

Horrible experience with Frank, I have been waiting for a claim to be finalised for 4 months. Each time I call I have to explain the situation and sit on the phone for ages and I don’t get any assistance or any initiative to try and finalise the claim. Really poor service.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Singh

SinghSydney, NSW

Good for me

Policy now good value and easy to set up third time around after putting in alot of homework first and reading fine prints .i had to ask alot of questions and now understand how my policy will work for me.being here 9 months.have made no claims so far.

Dodgy and unclear.

Hospital rang frank to tell them i most likely had pancreatic cancer (i dont thank god) and needed emergency surgery, frank couldn't clarify if i was 100 percent covered, no matter who you spoke with. The liason at the hospital told me they were the worst health insurer she's ever had to deal with, and that they bwere scamming me. Also rang to see if i was covered for a 3 hour endoscopy, turns out i am which means i don't have to pay 485 for the procedure, but i have to pay frank 750 for hospital excess. So it would literally be cheaper to not use my health insurance which i pay 107 a month for.

Veronika

VeronikaSydney, NSW

Love Frank

Every time I use my Frank card the providers can't believe the value I get back. Also the customer service is excellent. Recommend them all the time to friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Frank Health Insurance

top cover and you offer me no card, big delay, crap online portal, crap customer services and no compensation!!!

Signed up in 12/12/19 for a top cover. The card is never been sent out. 1st and 2nd time spoke to consultant they said WAIT. 3rd time they said they will resend. Another week they text “card just being sent pls wait another 5-7 business days”. Called them again, they said they are doing the right thing, claim can be made online, their annual limit on their website is not working and you must call them to know the limit, you must paid for expensive item and it is not their faults. Again, it is top cover and you offer me no card, crap online portal, crap customer services and no compensation!!!

Giarc

GiarcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Coverage, Easy to deal with

Good value for the hospital & essential extras bundle. Have been with them for a few years, and even got money back. No issues with hospital day surgery claims. I would like to see a choice for the excess instead of the $750 only being offered and 50% for Day Surgery.