Frank Health Insurance

Frank Health Insurance

Hope we are with you to stay

Joined March 2018 It would have been easy to join except for our previous Health Fund messed the transition up, and as we paid yearly and by direct Debit they still took out our premium for the year, which then took a month to get the money back. The Policy we now have covers us for or needs.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainYes

Higher Premiums & Reduced Services.

We have just received our new yearly premium starting 1st April 2019. The yearly cost has increased by $184.00 and our excess has been increased from $500 to $750 by Frank. To make matters even worse Frank have also decided to remove the following procedures (See List Below) from our current policy as of 1st April 2019. We have had Best Hospital Cover with Frank for numerous years and are extremely disappointed with this continual removal of benefits paid. Please check your upcoming premium & goodbye Frank.

New hospital product categories
From 1 April 2019, the Australian Government will introduce four simple categories for hospital products: Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic tiers. Your cover will be categorised as a Silver+ product.
Excess change
Your excess is changing from $500 to $750. Your attached product fact sheet contains additional excess details.
Hospital services that will no longer be covered
From 1 April 2019, Frank will not pay benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Dialysis for chronic kidney failure: Hospital treatment for dialysis treatment for chronic kidney failure
· Insulin pumps: Treatment for the provision and replacement of insulin pumps for treatment of diabetes
· Pain management with device: Treatment for the implantation, replacement or other surgical management of a device required for the treatment of pain
· Weight loss surgery: Hospital treatment for surgery designed to reduce a person’s weight, remove excess skin due to weight loss and reversal of a bariatric procedure
Hospital services that will be restricted
From 1 April 2019, Frank will pay restricted benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Hospital psychiatric services: Treatment for patients with psychiatric, mental, addiction or behavioural disorders
More information about restricted benefits is in the attached product fact sheet.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Coverage TypeFamily
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Excellent cover, budget price

Top level service and cover for very reasonable prices. Why wouldn’t everyone have at least extras cover at this price. Every time I go to a service provider and they swipe my card they say, Frank i’ve never heard of that. But when they see the level of reimbursement and the minimal gap to pay, they are always shocked. That in itself talks up how good this insurance is.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Coverage TypeCouple

Easy to understand health insurance, competitively priced.

Easy to set up, everything is online, written in plain English that is easy to understand and website is simple to use. Good insurance, competitively priced. Customer service is good too. Highly recommend.

Coverage TypeCouple

Exceeded my expectations for a private health membership

- Yes, Yes
- lodged claims and resolution always rapid. Entitlements directly credited - No fuss.
- my 3rd or 4th year. I've tried all the 'Commercial' ones previously. That's all they are - Commercials!

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

I recommend Frank

recommed Frank to many people. We have been a member of Frank for many years and I love it's no fuss/authentic policies and procedures. The customer service is outstandingly prompt, efficient and seamless.

Coverage TypeFamily

Coverages

I've been with Frank since Augst of 2018, and I recently have frozen shoulder/upper back pain and found out the amount and percentage of the maximum cover is not much especially the service fee is high. If you're currently in pain and don't know how long it takes for it to heal before having to pay 100% out of pocket especially when you paying for the insurance policy but is still not enough to cover therefore it doesn't feel right at all.

I hope you guys can review and reconsider to increase an additional $100.00 and increase the 60% to 80% instead for the maximum coverage for the following below, to me preventative services is much cheaper than the cost of surgeries.

Exercise/Hydro/Myo/Physio $300.00
Acu/Nat/Homeo/Massage $400.00
Chiro/Osteo $300.00

Thank you for your help.
Tami Nguyen

Insurance claim madeNo

Dont love it but dont hate it

Around 3 to 4 years. Have compared other health insurances each year but always continue with Frank as they're good for my needs

Insurance claim madeYes

I have only just goi it, so early days still

I have only been with the insurance company for one month. So it is early days still for me but I have no complaints so far.

Suitable

not sure how long of being a member, a few years, staff have been very helpful when making inquiries. Being a pensioner, premiums are getting very expensive.

very good

approx 5 years i have no more to say about your company i recommend frank to all our friends thank you

Happy

Always quick to pay, have never had any problems claiming, happy with services used. Nil complaints
Good service provided for family

Better than the rest

I have been in a health fund continuously for 34 years, many different ones: Medibank private, Budapest, Government Employees Health Fund included. This fund, that I have been with now for over 5 years, has been great for me and my husband. We have been very happy with the benefits we have received. All health fund premiums are expensive but at least this fund has been more generous than others in terms of our claims.

Useless

18 yrs. only joined for tax purposes. Frank has an insidious operating model. They hide the facts hoping you will never find out. If you do find out they give you the policy which is too difficult to figure out while keep increasing the premium so you give up in frustration and they win. I believe others would be the same. I will quit private health insurance completely at the earliest opportunity.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easiest and most rewarding health insurance

Frank health insurance is great - I signed up easily online and had all my questions answered promptly with web-chat. I prefer web-chat to phoning. Whenever I make a claim at the practitioner they always say the rebate is the best they've seen. In my experience the rebates are fantastic for dentistry and osteo. Retrospective online claiming is easy too.

Happy Frank

We have been with Frank for a few years now and are very happy. Would be nice for private health insurance companies to be more flexible when it comes to allocation of specific $ for services. Example: If you need more physio, you should be able to move chiro $ to physio etc. But besides this Frank has been really good.

Waste of money

It’s a total waste of money I just have this policy for tax purposes, I doubt that I will ever use it.

Not satisfied.

I have been with Frank for a few years.
The cost of private health continues to go up and I am charged more however am not seeing any benefit back to me.
I recently purchased glasses and was shocked how little Frank covered - the gap was more than I had expected and I was dissatisfied. I will be looking around at other providers to compare prices and offers.

Good value for money in

Nearly 2 years. I never wanted private health insurance but signed up as I felt obliged to because of my turning 31. Frank was the easiest to understand and best value for money for the minimal cover I required.

They are easy to get in contact with, and claims are so simple and fast!

Insurance claim madeYes

I have been with Frank for 3 years now. I was a little hesitant that I might not get good service but the service is the best. Frank had the perfect cover for me (I have no need of obstetric services - just cover for common medical emergencies). And they give you the option of saving on annual increases by paying in advance.

Insurance claim madeNo

I live in South Australia and have been advised about this health insurer by I-select. We have never heard of this company in Adelaide and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to use this fund with health providers in South Australia?
I hadn't heard of them either however if your health providers use HICAPS then I can't see any issuesHi, it's an online branch of one of the big health funds, www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au no reason for it not to work in SA

do you cover colonoscopy operation ie day surgery? also cancer treatment in hospital clinics? Thank you
Hi Ann, Thank you for your recent question. I can confirm most of our hospital covers offers benefits toward inpatient admission for colonoscopy’s and cancer treatment. To review our cover options please visit https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/ Frank also offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods if you would like to discuss our cover options and premiums further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Team Frank

Hello, I am currently on overseas health cover. I pay 75$ for my health cover per month. I have disc herniated from my spine, The doctor has suggested for me a surgery, So my question is will all my bills for surgery including hospital bed charges include..?? Am in critical situation.
Hi, I’m no expert on it but if possible get any proof too say it was accident, and if you have been emitted to hospital straight away, that will be proof, with police and doctors reports. It will depend on your cover but it sounds like you may have the cheaper option so accident is the way too go as that’s where they got out of paying my bills as mine was cause from a accident decades before, so no records. Hope this helps, and hope it pans out the best for youHi Jenesh, Thank you for your recent question. I am sorry to hear you need to have surgery. We are happy to look into your Frank cover but we do not currently have enough information to access your policy for privacy and we would need to obtain a medical item number for your possible upcoming surgery. Frank offers support via Phone, Web Chat and email interactions and we are open 8am-6pm AEST. It would be best to contact us by one of the above methods so we can review your cover and discuss this further with you. Our contact information can be located: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact We look forward to hearing from you soon. Team Frank

Similar listings