Freedom Kitchens

Freedom Kitchens

We love our new kitchen!

We are really happy with our new kitchen. The whole process from meeting with the kitchen designer, check measurer, online communication to make minor changes to the plan and delivery was seamless. A couple of parts had very minor damage however Freedom sent replacements straight away and these arrived 2 days later to my pleasant surprise. We went with the Catherine shaker door and a Caesarstone benchtop and everyone that has visited has remarked how expensive our kitchen looks and compared it to kitchens from The Block!

Store LocationBooked kitchen designer from Balgowlah store

Waiting almost a year for replacement parts

Had a wonderful kitchen installed but several door were damaged. No problem - they would have them replaced. The originals were satin finish. Replacements- all three sets, were the same colour but different finish. We even supplied a sample of their product to match.
We are at the point of exhausting Freedom’s list of standard excuses with the anniversary of the install fast approaching.
Good product but hopeless replacement service. I guess the high price doesn’t include getting the correct product.

Rates and Fees

Our new kitchen is coming on Monday!

We are excited about getting our new kitchen installed next week (2/9/19). The lead up time has been longer than initially anticipated but that is mainly on our part. We used the time to think about what we really wanted in our kitchen and after a few changes to the design we are now full steam ahead. The Freedom staff have helped to navigate the initial stages to get us to this point. Thanks again.

Rates and Fees
Thanks Aquagurl for letting us know how your experience has been so far. We hope you have many happy years in your new kitchen. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

A terrible experience

It’s a year on and I’m still waiting for the job to be finished properly.

No one seems interested in helping neither freedom nor the installer.

The whole experience has been traumatic.

Store LocationMoore Park
Good afternoon, We have sent you a private message so we can address any outstanding issues you have. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

We are so happy with our new kitchen

We cannot fault our gorgeous new kitchen. My husband and I are pretty fussy with details, but we can find no faults in it at all. I did spend a lot of time going back and forth with the CAD team until we got the plans absolutely perfect (which is good because they don't rush or pressure you). My advice would be to spend that extra time going over the plans meticulously until you absolutely know what you are getting. Once I was 100% happy with the plans, the rest of the process was seamless. The delivery guys were so very careful when bringing in the kitchen components (they asked me to put a blanket down on the floor to protect the cabinets - which I thought was great), the installer Marc was absolutely amazing (I can't praise him enough) and the customer service from everyone at Freedom was impressive throughout the whole process. I got the exact kitchen I was expecting and we (including my kids) keep saying how much we love it.

Store LocationGeelong
Hi Helen. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your great experience. We have sent you a private message so we can pass this feedback on to all teams involved. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Simple but Stunning Transformation

With the help and expertise of our Freedom designer we have transformed a dated small kitchen into a bright, functional and much more useable space with “wow factor”! We are very happy with the result

Store LocationFrankston
Hi Edwina. We're happy to hear your kitchen renovation went well. Thank you for your feedback. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Love My New Kitchen!

We had a really good experience with Freedom Kitchens. The kitchen was delivered when promised, completed on time and is very good quality (ours is the Deluxe range). The Kitchen Installer and his tradies were absolutely fabulous and made the whole experience much more pleasurable than it might have otherwise been.
The initial consultation with the Kitchen Designer was very good and he had lots of good ideas. However, the sign-up process is a bit heavy-handed - "you have to sign up now to get the discount". We didn't though and we still got the discount. Also you can't get a copy of the design until you pay the deposit so you can't really mull things over very much.
I read some recent reviews that mention the responses in the online portal being in broken English. That is true because I think they are based somewhere in Europe. However, they were prompt in their responses and I could understand them. This is just in the architectural drawings phase. Other communication seems to be from Australia.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Freedom Kitchens.

Rates and Fees
Hi C Mallow, Thank you for sharing and your detailed feedback regarding your experience. We have sent you a private message. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Very happy

successful in gaining a larger kitchen even though no extra room was used. The planner was terrific , delivery guys very helpful and installer first class. The points of contact made the experience a good one and to have your own portal kept everything together and easy to access.

Store LocationMoore Park
Hi Hammondville. We have sent you a private message so we can share this feedback and your picture with those involved. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

The troubles just keep on coming ...

Freedom renovated our kitchen in 2012, and as it turns out the design was completely flawed, the measurements were stuffed up, and the installation was a nightmare that just keeps giving.

Still, 7 years later!

There was the dishwasher, the outlet to which was pierced when installed, slowly seeping water into the cabinets causing mould to grow and it took us over a year to work out it was due to the faulty installation of the dishwasher. I sent an email at the time to Freedom Kitchens but I didn’t even get the courtesy of a reply!

Now our hot water system needs servicing for the first time since the renovations, so we removed the cover for the first time to find that the hot water system is inaccessible because the cabinet was installed literally on top of it, in a way that partially covers/obstructs access/service!

Obviously the measurements were all wrong and the cabinet ended up being too short, failing to reach the wall, and the design didn’t take into account future service to the water heater ... at all.

The panels, cabinets, and bench top are glued together in a way that makes taking out panels for creating sufficient access practically impossible without damage/breaking cabinet parts ...

The irony is that at the time of design I specifically asked about moving the hot water system to a better, more accessible spot and I was assured that it was unnecessary to do so!

Who does this?! Nightmare!

Rates and Fees
Good morning Stephen. We would like to discuss this further and see how we can turn your experience around. We have sent you a private message. Regards, Freedom KitchensThank you, I responded to your private message. Kind regards, StephenI think for completeness this note from Freedom Kitchens to me should be here, because their approach to work done by trades people who are no longer ‘preferred contractor’ generally does not appear to bode well for any warranties given ... ‘I was able to find your job number based on your mobile number. Having a look through the history, I can see the last correspondence was regarding a range hood that was not delivered with the kitchen. You mentioned that you raised concerns regarding the dishwasher leak via email. We have processes in place where we hold installers and trades accountable for their work, and any work undertaken should be backed by that trades person warranty. Understanding that the kitchen was installed in 2012, I unfortunately cannot comment on the trades people used as they no longer are our preferred contractor list. Senior management are made aware of these reviews so we can improve our services and processes. We do appreciate your feedback, although not a positive one, and apologise again that this was your experience.’

Wish I had listened!

Where do I start??
Firstly there is no option to give less than a one star review, but believe me if I could I would.

One to start by saying that in no way could I fault the tradies - the cabinetry installer, plasterer, electrician and plumber were all extremely professional, on time, communicative, TRUSTWORTHY, HONEST, RELIABLE, brilliant and in many cases went above and beyond. I will not name their businesses as I don't want them tarnished with the Freedom brush but I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them and will do so with friends and family.

That's where it ends.

Communication with Freedom is quite laughable to put it mildly. Once you have made all your payments that is where the service ends.
I am still, after two months of being given the run around, no shows for appointments, and outright lies (in writing) waiting for a refund on items Freedom changed their minds on and refused to install.
Calls go unanswered and unreturned, only option for communication is via their portal and that is mostly ignored. Constantly repeating the same thing over and over to be given the response that 'they weren't aware', when it's all in black and white and referred to (by same staff member) previously.

Requests to speak to someone in management are refused.

Don't touch them, their sales people reel you in with promises they can't and won't deliver. They handball and blame all faults on installers and can't seem to communicate with each other on what lies they have told customers.

Rates and Fees
Hi Kel, We apologise that you are having ongoing issues that are yet to be resolved. We have sent you a private message so we can assist with the issues you're having. Regards, Freedom KitchensYes, keep being told that but nothing ever eventuates.

Overall disjointed and average experience.

We started out having the in home consultation, setting out what we were looking for. This yielded a design we were happy with and looked to be perfect. Once the kitchen installer did the site inspection, he highlighted pivotal things to us which were in the drawings which wouldn’t be able to be executed in the finished product. We sucked it up and thought we would still be satisfied to which for the most part we were but to simply be told their design system which cut the wood, didn’t allow for there not to be hollow gap in between some cabinets seems ludicrous. Not only this, the same cabinet installer then fitted the handles differently to the drawings, tried to blame us for not telling them to reference the drawings then was told by Freedom that “management” had decided the installer did what they thought best instead of following our original plans (imagine a carpenter installing an additional wall without consulting the home owner because they felt it would be better this way). We are now 6 weeks post the cabinets being installed being told we will get a call back and nothing ever comes through. Strongly suggest to anyone considering a freedom kitchen that they do their homework and don’t get sucked in by allure of the freedom brand because for our money and emotional investment, we expected far better.

Store LocationNunawading
Hi James B. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your kitchen and have yet to contacted. We have sent you a private message for more information so we can have this resolved as soon as possible. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Poor customer service, process and all round experience - and don't fall for the sign up discount.

I feel that I am a pretty reasonable person, I don’t get angry at people, I don’t speak rudely to those in these positions because having been in customer service roles and both working in retailers for a long time we understand that things go wrong, things happen, and it isn’t always someone’s fault.

That being said we felt that this whole experience has been pretty average… to say the least. This all started when it took multiple calls to get someone to phone me back for an appointment, then when we had an appointment scheduled we took the time to wait over an hour for someone to not show up at our place for it. I probably should have known then not to proceed.

We were then issued a discount due to the inconvenience which we were led to believe that this was of a unique quality given the poor experience we have had. This was then not the case for three different reasons which became clear to us over the process.
1 – a sale started thereafter with 25% off cabinetry, when I questioned this, I was told we were still in front, just not by as much.
2 – Friends of ours who also had a consultation around this time were then also given the same discount if they signed up on the spot, they chose not to.
3 – In reading reviews recently it appears that this tactic is commonly used… This is on us for not having read these reviews earlier.

Your contractors are a representation of your brand regardless if employed directly by The Kitchen Group or not. So when they confuse timing, speak inappropriately, are unaware of what your product range is or what we can and can’t have, write messages in the portal that do not make any sense this reflects poorly on your brand and leaves us feeling really uncertain about what we are in for. Even when providing specs of our appliances and sinks we were later told that the sink might not fit. Or when we were told we could have a specific cupboard, that then we were told we couldn’t have and then we were told no that was actually incorrect it made for some unnecessary worry and confusion.

See below an exact copy and paste of one of our portal messages just to demonstrate the kind of communication received:
"We have just standard doors, cannot modify them.We need to confirm with you about your doors. Since that your doors supply integrated handles you need to confirm us that you will stapped that doors or you may want to change handles on broom cabinet to touch catch?"

When things were unclear during the process, I attempted to get information which included multiple phone calls and emails however didn’t receive a timely response. Even now that the kitchen is installed I have attempted 4 different contacts over a two week period and am still yet to have a response. Our kitchen has been installed 3 weeks ago and we were told we would be contacted within 3 days post install however we are yet to hear from any one.

The kitchen itself is OK, but the hardware in them are pretty crappy which makes it hard to push open and close some of the cupboards and the drawers in the cupboards aren't all that smooth coming in and out.

Whilst this is a very shortened version of the last 4 months overall this process has been pretty disappointing, the experience at times was unprofessional, confusing and longer than it needed to be. It was clunky and all parts didn’t work together including being passed around from person to person and having to re-explain our situation. There needs to be a better system for this. Overall, we feel pretty let down by the experience and wouldn’t recommend the use of Freedom Kitchens/Kinsman Kitchens/The Kitchen Group to others to use.

Rates and Fees
Hi GraQua, We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and apologise that this has been your experience. We have sent you a private message to discuss this further. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Just awful

We are half way through a Freedom kitchen install which should be completed, however Freedom failed to forward our stone bench deposit on to the supplier so there is a major delay in having that delivered (which means the appliances aren't connected etc). Freedom use a company called Kitchen Group (kitchengroup.com.au) who, frankly, don't care - they don't answer emails and their phone line rings out! Avoid them at all costs!!! Otherwise we have had issues with trades, incorrect quoting, incorrect measurements, etc - all in all extremely unprofessional and for $50K we hoped for and expected better. Based on our experience I would be very sceptical of the positive "reviews" on this website!!!

Store LocationFreedom Victoria Gardens
Hi SaD, We would like to discuss this further and help make things right. We have sent you a private message. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Jack is amazing!!!!!!!

Had a great consultation with Jack. He came up with some great design ideas that I didnt even think of. He has great product knowledge. I cant wait to get the kitchen installed.

Store LocationGeelong
Thanks Sarah. We will be sure to share your excitement with Jack. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Highly recommend freedom kitchens especially Josh

Josh designed my amazing kitchen , butlers pantry, laundry and even the cabinetry for the bathrooms .. he made the process so easy and talked me through each stage. Very professional and I love what we together were able to come up with ..

Store LocationNunawading
Hi Debbie. Thank you for sharing your experience with Josh! We have sent you a private message so we can pass this on to him. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Good customer service

Had a great in depth consultation of the kitchen with Jack who explained everything we needed and listened to our ideas too. Very professional and organised, with many products to choose from and pictures of what the kitchen will eventually look like. Overall an excellent experience.

Store LocationFreedom Moorabbin
Hi Tony, Thank you for letting us know of your great experience with Jack. We will be sure to share this with him. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Great anticipation

I spent 3 hours with Jack today. He was most professional and has a very trained eye in kitchen design. Loved the plans he created in such a short time. I liked how he was very accomodating with regards to sourcing items ourselves if something better suited our budget. My husband was unable to be present so fingers crossed he is also happy, as I paid the deposit to ensure the 25% discount. Jack was incredibly knowledgeable about all the different materials and finishes. Confident with Jack's input, our new kitchen's journey will run smoothly. Tricia

Thank you for your feedback Tricia. We will make sure jack knows how happy you are. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Good result but bumpy process

We found the overall experience to be disjointed and it was often difficult to find the information we needed at various decision points. The Freedom team were very clear on when each deadline needed to be met, which helped keep things on track, but the communications we received through the online portal were blunt, incomplete in information and there wasn't a key contact that we could call upon for answering our questions. We even went in store to talk to somewhere there, but they didn't seem to be fully across the design options that were available for our kitchen.

Our kitchen delivery arrived with no bench tops or appliances, which set back our installation and the trades we had lined up. While it was sorted in the end, the Freedom team didn't appear to have any idea where these items where for the first 24 hours. We were generally happy with the overall final fittings of the kitchen, but you get what you pay for. The bench tops and appliances are obviously budget. Our range hood was also installed at a lower than normal height, meaning that we often bump our head on it when using the stovetop.

I certainly wouldn't be rushing back to Freedom Kitchens for another renovation, but would recommend it to someone who's after a budget job.

Store LocationNewmarket
Good afternoon, we have sent you a private message so we can discuss further, and address your concerns regarding the range hood, appliances and bench tops. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Kitchen Nightmares

Would I recommend Freedom Kitchens to a friend, family member or a total stranger? Never.

It all starts with a high pressure sales approach within the design consultation. You are offered 20% discount (although, from reading reviews, this is commonplace) but this discount is only valid IF you sign right there and then. This was the first red flag and I should have known better.

After design confirmation, you are expected to pay IN FULL before delivery of any items. You are given no notice from the company that your order will be only partly delivered, you are just left guessing on the day of delivery and trying to chase it up yourself. Freedom Kitchens eventually delivered all items after about 3 attempts.

In the site check, Freedom Kitchens send out the installer to perform your site check and recommend that they can handle your installation. However, be wary that Freedom distance themselves and remove any liability by telling you that you agreed to use their recommended installer. This was the second red flag, and rightly so, because the quote did not include electrical, plumbing, and removal works are carried out in total negligence and lack of care, leaving holes in your walls, screws & nails all over your driveway, and rubbish swept into your wall cavity instead of cleaned. Everything proceeds and the install starts. On day 2 of the install, the installer has indicated that he might be able to get it all done in one day, but doesn't exactly state what this would require. Work continues on, with a final finish time of 9:30pm. At this time, we are expected to go over everything they have done using Freedom's checklist to approve off the install so naturally (being after 10pm at this stage) things are missed, which I discover over the next few days. Despite not being happy with the install and raising concerns with the damage to our kitchen, the installer is very quick to send his bill the next day to request payment ASAP before you pick up on the mistakes made.

Following is a list of things I (the customer) have had to pick up on regarding removal and installation and rectify either myself or using my own tradespeople. Please remember this simply SHOULD NOT be my job to inspect the installation and certainly not to rectify the issues while you wait days to weeks for Freedom to reply to you:

Cuts into unnecessarily touched plaster, an unpatched hole next to the dishwasher, a 40x30cm hole behind the oven due to a malfunction of the removalist's tool. I was charged $450 for plaster works to cut and screw on a bit of sheet Gyprock - this price obviously did not include any patch work to seal the edges so they can be painted, fixing holes left, and/or removing chunks of old plaster that the new sheet was screwed over, leaving a lumpy and uneven surface for my splashback. I had to get this sorted by other tradespeople. Further to this: the base cabinets were not fixed to the wall in any way (leaving them rocking forward when drawers were extended). Infills at the ends of upper cabinets were not attempted, leaving 4x 1" gaps at the ends of upper cabinetry. Damage to new cabinetry due to tools used. No support for stone in the corner where the dishwasher sits (also note, the Freedom designer had allowed a supporting panel as well as a 50mm front spacer panel for this space but the installer decided not to follow the approved plans and take it upon himself to change them). All these cabinetry errors had to be amended before the stone could go on, as acklowedged by the stonemasons. Freedom made no attempt to do any such amendments and I did them myself.

In regards to the kitchen design, Freedom had allowed for a 400mm stone overhang unsupported on an island. This passed design, CAD and site check -- and wasn't until installation that we were made aware that this voids the Caesarstone warranty and our island would be unwarrantied. We had to amend the design, and the island's end panels needed to be replaced as they were now too long. Isn't this why we have a design consultation, site check, and CAD process? Freedom Kitchen consistently overlooks and disregards the implications of their lack of foresight or knowledge on their so-called "valued" customer.

At the end of installation, we are told by the electrician of all people that the installer has allowed a 30+mm gap for the 16mm LED strip housing (supplied by Freedom). The massive difference in size leaves us with a gaping hole at the top of the splashback where you can see the studs and into the wall cavity. After "completion" of install late April, Freedom have made good on a promise to rectify solely the above issue by sending one of their maintenance team members out. It is now early July and approximately 6 months after the original contracts were signed and yet there is still more work to be carried out to have this finished. Due to the above issues and total lack of confidence in Freedom Kitchens and their installers I will be completing the remaining works myself.

This standard of installation would never be seen in a Freedom showroom. It is careless, mindless, and yet easily preventable. Freedom Kitchens distance themselves in as many ways as possible from the installation of their product, and acknowledge the frequent shortcomings of their installers when you raise issues with them.

So if you wish to project manage your own kitchen, pay top dollar for the privilege and have the project drag out over half a year, all to be told that Freedom Kitchens will not take any responsibility for the issues as your contract is with their (recommended) installer, then by all means go with Freedom Kitchens. An important lesson in "buyer beware".

Hi Power, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we sincerely apologise that we did not meet your expectations. We have sent you a private message so we can follow this up further. Regards, Freedom KitchensAs expected the PM was asking for my Job reference number which I have provided to which I was told "we will have one of our Senior Management Team contact you to discuss your experience and identify any outstanding issues we can assist to resolve." As expected 2 months gone and no contact. At least you guys are consistent at not caring.

Again another person was screwed over by Freedom Kitchens.

Me and my wife fell for it. We were looking to upgrade our kitchen and went into Freedom to simply have a look. Before we knew it we were signed up for a once in a lifetime offer of 20% discount and 52 months interest free payments. They planned the whole kitchen remodel on the first visit to the store without even visiting our home and seeing if it can actually be done. They made the plans in the store just on our amateur word of the layout/measurements of the kitchen and asked us to sign the contract and pay the 10% right away. Because remember this was once in a lifetime deal only on that Saturday.

But as soon we got home we realized how bad the deal was. Freedom only agreed to deliver the cabinets and a few appliances. The stone-top, splash-backs and the demolition and installation of the whole kitchen was not part of the quote. We had signed up for 12K worth of just basic white cabinets.
Upon more research we found out that our tiny 1bed apartment kitchen would cost us around 30K if went ahead with the Freedom Kitchen option with all the headache of doing the kitchen on your own. Getting the stone tops, the appliances installation, the splash back and taps and plumbing and electric. This would have got out of hand very quickly and very badly and we would have lost 30K and months of headache and pain. So we decided to cancel our contract.
Once you've signed the contract at which you pay 10% of the cost you are legally bind and if you cancel then FC keeps $800.

So be aware of signing up with Freedom Kitchen. They are not a full kitchen renovation company.
They are only sales agents for cabinets and their contractors are only liable for what freedom delivers them. Everything else falls on the homeowners. And renovating an entire kitchen takes a lot more than just cabinets. It takes demolition, countertops, electric, plumbing, appliance fittings, gas connection checks, sinks/taps... there is a lot. And we weren't even changing the existing layout. Just replacing all the old with the new. Still this was going to go badly if its not handled by 'one' good team.
So learn from our mistake and go with a company that specializes in only kitchen remodel/reno.
DO NOT GO WITH FREEDOM KITCHENS.

Store LocationFreedom Kitchen Moore Park
Good morning Pady, We are sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to discuss this further with you. I have sent you a direct message. Regards, Freedom KitchensPlease don't scam people of their hard earned money. If you guys don't deliver and the customer cancels don't keep $800. You guys haven't done anything to deserve that money. You can't even justify charging me $800 for a good service because there was none. All the communication was through an online messaging system which was very frustrating and impersonal. We were very good Freedom Furniture customers until you guys messed it up big time.