Freedom Kitchens

Freedom Kitchens

Great Design Ideas

I just want to congratulate the designer that came to my home for the design consult (Jack Kassis). He asked me all my ideas, we discussed them and then he came up with a whole lot more to complement and mostly enhance mine. Extremely positive experience and I am thrilled with the final design. Thanks!

Store LocationFreedom Moorabbin, Victoria

Extremely Positive Experience.

I was extremely impressed once again with my experience with Freedom Kitchens. Tony designed my two kitchens and everything was completed to schedule and cannot be happier. I found their customer service prompt and always returned my calls within reasonable time. When it came time for my next project I was once again extremely happy with the response to my request. Jack arrived and his knowledge of his product is exemplary. He listened to my suggestions and explained why they wouldn’t work and proved why he’s the design expert. He answered all my questions even though I’m sure he had already covered them. At no time did I feel pressured in the decision making process. I would not hesitate in recommending Freedom Kitchens to my friends. In fact I have already done so.

Store LocationVictoria Gardens. Victoria.
Hi Sue. I have sent you a private message so we can pass this feedback to Jack and Tony. We are so glad that you had a great experience with us. Regards, FK

Perfect company representative!

My husband initially called Freedom Kitchens to arrange a free quote "no obligation" stated on their site (my mum has had two kitchens with Freedom Kitchens), the lady he spoke with should have just said 'don't bother calling' because the manner and tone used to explain the minimum spend for a laundry, before even knowing anything we wanted, was unnecessary. I was so annoyed and didn't want to give them our business. I expressed how disappointed I was to my mum, so she went directly to the person she dealt with previously. He had moved roles, and although he couldn't assist us personally, being in a role of customer service - he provided a solution and arranged someone to come, Jack.

Jack is the perfect representative of a business that wants to bring on new customers/clients, he went above and beyond, he was really helpful and honest. Jack came to quote the laundry, whilst here, he looked at a squeaky kitchen door - fixed it and kindly noted little things that he felt should be looked at when the laundry is installed (kitchen also by Freedom Kitchens). It is the little things like fixing the cupboard that showed he cared, and actually enjoys what he does and wants a positive outcome/experience for customers.

Hi Vanessa. We are so glad to hear that Jack was able to help. I've sent you a private message so we can get some more information regarding your initial call as well as pass that positive feedback to Jack. Regards, FK

Uncomfortable design consult with poor sales tactics from “architect” and poor customer service from showroom

Had an in-home consult for a kitchen by Freedom Southport. The self proclaimed “architect” was rude to begin with. He wouldn’t really let us make any changes to his “intellectual property” even though we were expected to fork over $10,000. He was condescending, and I’m pretty sure he made a fake call to his manager for a “special offer only valid for 24 hours” as I didn’t not hear anyone on the other end of the line.

The moment we told him we wouldn’t be signing up to the kitchen as we wanted to shop around, and who would sign off on a kitchen they had only reviewed for 10 minutes he skulled his water and pretty left in a huff without saying much more.

Also the women in the showroom was just as bad. Having a conversation with her friend and pretty much made us feel like we interrupted. We were also told that we couldn’t choose between the essentials and designer range - it was up to the designer to choose. I actually corrected her and told her that it is the customer paying so ultimately it was their decision. Apparently I was incorrect and the designer still has the final say.

If you are selling a flat pack range, why not have a online design option available like ikea and kaboodle. It makes more sense so You do not have to deal with rude sales staff in your home wishing they would leave.

We actually like the kitchen but the attitude of the designer and poor reviews online made us decline to hand over our hard earned money.

Store LocationSouthport
Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I have sent you a direct message so we can further understand what happened. Regards, FK

Excellent designer!

I had an amazing designer - Chan. Chan came in and considered the look of my place and tried to integrate it into my kitchen design. She was respectful of my ‘must haves’ and thoughtful in her suggestions of things that could be better. I have a beautiful kitchen because of her! Thanks Chan.

Hi Clare, thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to pass this onto your designer. Regards, FK

Terrible quality. They won’t honour warranty. Don’t waste your money.

I spent a lot of money having my kitchen and laundry renovated last year using Freedom Kitchens. My laundry has not even lasted a year before it has started falling apart. The laminate on the benchtop is already bulging less than 10cm from the sink and the doors under the sink are warping from water (the way the bench has been cut allows water to curl under the lip and dripping onto the door, rather than drip off onto the floor). These are materials that were recommended to me by them to use in my laundry, as it is a wet area. The laminate benchtop was not installed properly and sealed between the wall and bench to avoid water getting damage and now Freedom are refusing to fix their poor installation and products under their guaranteed 7 year warranty.
I also found they significantly underestimate their trade quotes so you think you are getting a good deal, then end up having to pay thousands of dollars more than you were quoted. Will never recommend Freedom kitchens to anyone. Go elsewhere, don’t waste your money on such bad quality and poor customer service.

Store LocationFreedom kitchens belrose
Hi bron002. I have sent you a private message in response to your feedback. Regards FK

Terrible Experience

We started off well with our first designer convincing us to go with Freedom. She left and I had to deal with a new designer who rarely returned my calls. Was so arrogant that I never wanted to speak to him. Then just as we are ready to sign off he leaves. For a few weeks I was waiting to hear back from him. It wasn’t until I chased it up with head office that I found out he had left. He also did not leave any of my updated information for the next person. Now I have a new person looking after our job. I really wanted to get it moving but once again I have to wait and fit in when they can see me. I have left 2 messages for a manager and no one calls me back. Frustration and anger are not great feelings when you should be excited about a new kitchen. I am currently having the worst experience!

Store LocationBelrose
Good morning Isabel. We do apologise for what sounds like frustrating experience. I've sent you a direct message if you can please reply with your job number, I will escalate this to one of our Area Managers. Regards, FK

Go to Bunnings instead!

Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews before purchasing a kitchen from Freedom kitchens. My designer convinced me to go with their essentials range as I could have exactly what I wanted for alot less than their custom range. Sounded good, unfortunately I have since discovered that this range only comes in certain sizes which leaves you with massive spaces around ovens and microwaves so you can see the white particle board, not a good look on a kitchen that costs tens of thousands of dollars.
It also only allows for a 40mm benchtop so if you order a 20mm one as I have, your bench height reduces by 20mm. A fact I wasn't aware of until my kitchen was installed and all of the panels and kickboards were off the floor with a 20mm gap underneath. I have now been told to lower all of my cabinets (basically rip it out and do it again) and have a lower bench height, not good for a tall person like myself.
As soon as I signed the contract, things started to go wrong. I went through 4 plan changes as someone in the office thought they knew best and changed my plan without asking to what they thought would be better. They put panels in, took panels out, it took nearly a month just to get back to the original plans I started with, and all along I was getting message after message to sign the updated plans and pay the next installment or my kitchen would be delayed.
When it was finally delivered there were items missing, damaged and not once was I given any installment instructions, just left to figure it out on my own. Since they had my money already they then decided they didn't need to respond to my messages for a week instead of 24 hours like promised.
The reason I chose Freedom Kitchens was so I would have no stress, they send you a designer, a site trade visit that are apparently supposed to do it all for you. If I wanted to design, measure and work out all of the issues myself I would of been better going to Bunnings and doing it myself for alot less! I probably would of gotten a better kitchen and at the right height.
From original contract signing to this stage I am now over 3 months and I have just been informed that the stone company Freedom Kitchens arranged cannot fill my benchtop order and I have to go through another company. I now have a half finished kitchen with pieces everywhere and no benchtop in sight.
I am very disappointed and my 'dream' kitchen has turned into a nightmare.

Hi Danielle. Thank you for your bringing this to our attention, and we apologise that your experience has not met your expectation. We've sent you a private message. Regards, FK

Satisfying consultation & kitchen design experience

We initially contacted Freedom Kitchens to start exploring options to renovate our outdated kitchen. Our experienced design consultant was very down to earth, listened to all our wants and needs and greatly assisted in answering questions we didn’t even know we had (without pushing any product or sale)! He was also great at proposing a design based on our budget! Our first experience in kitchen design with Freedom has been extremely beneficial and rewarding!

Hi Amber. We are happy to hear our Design Consultant was able to help with your kitchen design! If you can please send through your job number in a direct message, we would love to pass this feedback on. Kind regards, FKHi, how do I DM you? It would be great if you’re able to pass this feedback on!Thank you for sending your job number Amber. We have passed your feedback on to the designer. Regards, FK

Drama free and a WONDERFUL experience

From the start to the end, what a brilliant experience. Our designer was full of knowledge, ideas and went above and beyond in our first consultation and for the entire project. She was excellent in communication with us and even helped my wife with some interior tips! All of our questions always answered, timeline was easy, well delivered and the end result is brilliant. We could not be happier, we went for Freedom Kitchens and we couldn't be happier. The installation team, yes recommended by Freedom and in communication directly with us the novice home renovators was excellent. Lovely people, working hard and achieving great designs and kitchens. Well done Freedom, would build a kitchen with you guys any day!

Hi Simon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your FK experience and appreciate the positive feedback through all stages of the process. We wish you many happy years in your new Freedom Kitchen. Kind regards, FK

Promises NOT delivered.

2 hour sales visit and a 1 hour trade visit to ensure the order was CORRECT.

All wall cabinets manufactured incorrectly.
Freedom refused to correct the mistake because I had signed a mistake by their sales agent on the rushed order.

Benchtop delivered with glue from packing tape across the visible surface.
Other items were damaged.

Aftersales did not exist.
The sales/trade experts didn’t take calls and passed off to the complaints team who were nothing short of a joke.

Freedom kitchens are the worst company I have ever dealt with (I am in my early forties - so that’s saying a lot!)

Avoid avoid avoid!

Store LocationFrankston
Good morning Andy M. We would like to further discuss your experience as this is not what we want or expect for our clients. If you could please send us a direct message with your job number, we will have one of our team members contact you. Regards, FKI have no interest in any further dealings with FK. Your “team members” were a massive part of my negative experience. We are well past the “contact” stage. I finally used an independent cabinet maker (at my cost) to turn the mess you gave me into the kitchen I ordered. Andy

BEWARE: Know exactly what they do, an more importantly, don't do.

After our one day exposure to FK, I can now see why there are so many terrible reviews.

In summary, at the end of the design process FK try to pressure you into signing a contract and pay a deposit. However, most people need some time to consider how the design will work in their kitchen space and fit their needs. Very few customers would have any idea of the consequences of the contract they are signing (see some of the bad reviews).

My recommendation is to take your time and consider all aspects of the kitchen, FK contract for supply only and use of third parties for installation before signing their contract and forking out your hard earned money.

More details:
1) The design consultant was quite helpful, the only positive in our experience.
2) Whilst the Designer range of cabinets may be made to order, it is not custom made to size. This was not clearly explained until we noted that the final design left us with less storage space than our current kitchen due to gaps in the fixed sized cabinetry.
3) At the outset we specified that we wanted one party (FK) to take responsibility for the entire supply and installation. We got a wishy washy response to this request and after approaching this point three times, we started to doubt that FK will take full responsibility.
4) At the end of numerous hours of design work we finally re-visited the contractual arrangements. The end outcome was
a) FK contract is only for supply of cabinetry and some related items
b) benchtops provided by a third party
c) installation done by third parties
We were told that the FK person who checks the measurements also assists organise all the tradies required to install the kitchen, but FK told us that they allow $75 for this very important role. How is that possible? Some of the previous reviews expose the unfortunate consequences of this flaw.
5) Then the sales guy came in and really did a hard pressure job for us to sign up and pay a deposit. We said that we wanted to go home and consider the design in our kitchen but they wouldn’t give us the plans. The sales guy was not pleased and the design consultant seemed embarrassed, but understanding.
6) We were also fortunate in obtaining a blank contract containing the Terms and Conditions. Wow, there is no specific cooling off period, FK largely have the final say in the consequences of mis-measurements impacting the design and customer penalties apply in most contract termination circumstances.
7) Since leaving the design consultation without signing a contract, we have not had any follow up call. This seems to confirm that their strategy is to pressure you to sign up at the end of the design meeting.

Store LocationSE Qld
Hi NonBuyer. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and we apologise that it did not meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to discuss in further with you. If you can please send via direct message with your contact details, we will have one of our Managers contact you. Kind regards, FK

Full DIY reno early 80's kitchen

Quality of the consultation and product was and is excellent. We an issue with the delivery and the speed of follow up from management was poor at first but got better. Full DIY install on floor and cabinets was easy enough, but I have some experience. I also took my time; a first timer might struggle without patience. Instructions are mostly pictorial, so you need to think. Pantry cabinets have very little instruction, especially when it comes to the side finishing panels. Floor and wall cabinets were easy enough and with the right preparation was nearly a one man job. My walls were not plumb in any direction so some pack outs were essential. Slow prep and some 'over engineering' saved my bacon and my back. Customer service girls were 'understanding' and prompt with our delivery issues ( 1 x damaged drawer front was replaced within 7 days and 1 missing door front the same). Management response was slow taking days to reply, when all I wanted was to talk to a person 'in charge'...this was the only sour note in my experience. PS We haven't picked a colour for the splash backs yet, they will go all around. Again they will be DIY. Final metal wall shelving was IKEA. Overall 95/100.

Store LocationSpringwood
Hi Greg M. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding you kitchen. We are glad to hear that it went well, and we apologise that Management didn't respond in a timely manner. If you can please send through your job number and we will investigate. Kind regards, FKThanks FK , job number FEQLG19022 greg

Avoid Freedom Kitchens like the plague

After the initial design consultation, everything got progressively worse. We had an initial site check where they sent someone without any building experience, even though we had clearly discussed building works to be undertaken as part of the renovation. After wasting a day there, another site check was arranged with an appropriate installer. Once this had been completed and the initial design document was drafted, there were glaring issues with measurements and particulars that has been discussed. After continuously going back and forth on a portal where you are liaising with people just through messages to try and get it right, a third site check was organised to get these issues sorted.

After reviewing the document to the best of our ability, we had accepted the document to go to production. We initiated this last October, 5 months prior to the date we wanted the kitchen installed. Due to all these delays getting the design right, it wasnt until December that it was finalised. Despite it still being a few months out, we could not get the designated installer to put the kitchen in until a month later than intended. Their only response to this was to get your own installer if you want it earlier. The whole point of going through these guys was to get an end to end service that is taken care of by them, Not the case at all.

The estimate for the works was also out by well over a thousand.

Finally, the kitchens cabinetry gets delivered only to find a number of panels had been damaged and some were completely missing. Not only this, measurements for a whole set of doors were incorrect. Looking back at the document, these measurements were indeed incorrect. The doors that were incorrect were the ones that needed to be sorted with the 3rd site check. So even after a 3rd attempt, they still got it wrong.

We were told the install would take 3 days. The submission of the damaged, missing and incorrectly measured items were sent a week later. There after we were told 10 working days to have these sent back to have the job completed.

It has now been over a month and the items have still not been delivered.

We cannot even get an answer from Freedom as to a time when these will be delivered. The whole process has been a complete joke. Once they take your money they simply do not care.

As im typing this we are still waiting for the installation to be completed. We have a half done kitchen with parts lying on the floor and sitting up against walls. Freedom, when will this be completed!!??

Hi Tony, We apologise for what sounds like a frustrating experience, and not what we want or expect for our clients. Can you please send a direct message with your job number and we will investigate. Kind regards, FKReplacement items eventually delivered only to find there are now missing hinge parts and cleats for shelving. Our installation is still not complete! On top of this, we have stretches of cabinetry at around 2.4m or more. You cant even provide kickers to suit. Your max length kicker is less than 2.4m. We will now have visible joins. Very poor.

A good renovation on a rental property

As this was a small kitchen in a rental property we found the products which we chose with the Freedom designer turned out to be a good choice. We had to arrange appointments to meet with each tradesman allocated as the unit was empty. The tradesmen all arrived on time and it was a pleasure to do business with them. It is all looking good.

Store LocationWest Gosford
Hi Helen. We appreciate your feedback and glad that your kitchen renovation was a good experience. We would like to pass your feedback to your installer, if you can please send a us a DM with your job number. Regards, FK

A great product, professional installers and responsive team

A relatively seamless process from start to finish. The staff at the showroom provided fantastic support and suggestions for our design. The product is great and the installers were professional and managed the process well. Trades were locked in and turned up on time. They went out of their way to finish our kitchen before Christmas. The online system enabled you to communicate with Freedom and the installer very effectively and the Freedom team was very responsive. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Needed to do some minor works to ensure spiders etc couldn't get into the house where the exhaust went through the ceiling, but otherwise nothing to do. Very happy with our new kitchen.

Store LocationFreedom Fyshwick
Hi Garry, Thank you for taking the time to reach out and letting us know about your kitchen experience. We will pass your feedback to our team her at FK and the Showroom as well. Kind regards, FK

Bad Attitude from so called Designer aka SALES MAN. Made to feel like I was a time waster ... shocking!!

Turned up to booked appointment at Freedom rather excited at prospect of getting design details sorted for large kitchen in new house.
I was on my own and I made it clear I was not going to commit to a sale immediately but was wanting a quote.
It became immediately obvious that the so called ‘designer’ felt I was a time waster as his attitude changed and he became very terse and obviously annoyed.
I felt very uncomfortable and shocked by the attitude and after persisting with appointment I left feeling rather upset by the experience.
I was very keen to consider Freedom Kitchens as a friend had recommended Freedom.
I had the house plans with me and was made to feel like what I wanted was out of my budget ... he was very presumptive indeed!!
You’d think the designer/sales man would have been keen to do his best!
This experience has put me off considering Freedom entirely!! Disappointed with such lousy treatment!!

Store LocationFreedom Furniture Store Forrestway
Hi Kim. We would firstly like to apologise for your experience which has not met your expectations. We would like to have one of our Managers contact you to discuss further. If you can please send us a direct message with your contact number. Regards, FK

Wonderful experience from start to finish

I started looking for a new kitchen in early January and it has been designed, installed and finished before end of March! Very efficient, no problems designing the features I wanted - particularly the 4 garbage bins! The designer didn't try to up sell - in fact gave me good reasons not to get the caesarstone - I went with the laminate and that looks great. Everyone has commented on how good it looks. Good tradies - who were very helpful and tidy and also answered my questions on other renovation concerned and arrived at the specified time.

Store LocationFreedom Caringbah
Hi Jill. Thank you for your feedback. We do pride ourselves on the features, quality and look of our products. We wish you many happy years in your new Freedom Kitchen. Regards, FK

Stay away! Unless you like horror stories

I strongly encourage anyone looking for a kitchen to seriously reconsider using Freedom kitchens.

I recently purchased a unit with a small space for a kitchen and had Freedom Kitchens suggested to me. I organised for a 'designer' to come and provide a design and quote. At the commencement of this session, I was asked a budget and a few general questions as to what I would like from the kitchen. As space in the apartment is tight, my main ask was that it had plenty of space to accommodate my needs, I want to ensure all the walls space etc was utilised.

At the end of the session I was provided a quote that came to my budget. I was impressed and advised that I would need to put down a deposit. I put the deposit down and then advised that someone would come out a check the design to ensure it worked from a practical point of you.

Prior to the site check happening, I was also required to pay additional money towards the kitchen. By the time the site check took place, I was down approximately $4000. During the site check, I inadvertently discovered that the wall space I had asked to be utilised had not and that smaller cupboard where quoted ( no doubt to come under budget). Surprisingly, the designer had not accommodate a space for a microwave either. In this day and age what household does not have a microwave space?

My initial quote was just under $10,000, however, somehow, I ended up paying over $17,000 for a kitchen from Freedom. All the quotes for trades provided by the designer were out by a couple of thousand, not hundred, but thousand.

What we have discovered is that the lies commence from the beginning and pretty much go right to the end. If you are looking for someone to install a kitchen for you end to end, then this is not the place you want to go looking.

The quality of the product, is average, however, the trades work, well, you are required to coordinate that yourself and good luck with the outcome.

Freedom rang me during the course of my engagement with them and I expressed my dissatisfaction with the designer. Not for anything other than the dishonesty and unethical values she demonstrated. I wasn't looking for anything other than expressing my disappointment. Freedom responded with a $200 credit which in the scheme of the $17,000 I paid was insulting.

I renovated a whole apartment and the only thing i regret is using Freedom. Their values, customer service, product and ways of working is beyond terrible. I want people to be aware of the hidden costs associated with this mob and the lack of information made available from the onset.

Buyer be very aware before engaging with Freedom!

Bill (Newtown)

Store LocationFreedom Kitchen
Good morning Bill. We would like to further discuss with you what sounds like frustrating experience. If you can please send us a direct message with your job number, we will have once of Customer Service Representatives contact you to directly. Kind regards, FK0434607394

Please avoid them

I would strongly suggest considering another service to renovate your kitchen. This is the highlight of our experience with Freedom Kitchen:
- When you contact them in the beginning, they're very friendly and organised to sell their service. They send you a designer to your place straight away. This was the last organised phase in our experience. The designer met with us in early November 2018, and the kitchen was done in late March 2019 after a lot of pressure from us
- You would think Freedom would do the project management for you but that is not the case. They would just refer you to some contractors and you have to discuss everything with them separately. Freedom only sales you the pack, after that you are on your own
- The design had many mistakes. Some were corrected by the cabinet maker but some were not. For example, we bought the biggest microwave in the market and we still had 20 cm gap above the microwave. We had to pay someone later to cover the gap
- We asked for an undermount sink and that is documented in Freedom contract; however, the stone contractor built inset sink. The stone contractor was not aware of our contract with Freedom. One day they came over and got my wife sign some paperwork. We realised later they had my wife sign for an inset sink. My wife hadn't checked the whole document as she thought it wouldn't be against our contract with Freedom. Later when we contacted Freedom, they didn't really care
- When removing the old cabinets, they damaged the walls and didn't bother to cover the big holes they had made. We still have a big hole behind the kitchen, awaiting a plasterer to fix it

Hi Mahdod Eftekar. Thank you for taking the time to fill us in on what sounds like a frustrating experience. We would like to discuss how we can make this right. Can you please send us a direct message with your job number and we will have one of our Customer Service team members contact you. Kind regards, FKHi, sure, my job ID is FDQDR19189 Thanks Mahdod