Gaggia Cadorna Prestige

• Milk Frothing
FLN

FLNSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is a great domestic Fully Automatic Coffee Machine

It makes great consistent coffee.
I like my cupuccino hot and this machine is great, it produces warm drinks even on temperature set to Medium and even greater that allows you to adjust how strong you like your coffee.
The Gaggia Cadorna Prestige is an excellent and easy to use machine.We are definitely happy with our purchase.

Purchased in December 2020 at Appliancesonline for A$1,534.00.

Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is usedDaily

Fantastic

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,650.00.

Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is usedDaily

MianteAU

We have found The One

We recently purchased this machine from Appliances Online to replace the terrible (and fairly new) Jura machine we had before.
This machine delivers! Hot coffee, hot frothy milk! It has even made our bean of choice taste even better (Dimattina Prima Tazza) Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to clean and maintain. Reminds us of the old school Saecos.
The milk carafe makes life easy, lattes at a press of a button.
The bean grinder is nice and quiet but the water pump is a little loud, but it doesn’t bother us.
Very happy with our choice!

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Gaggia Cadorna Prestige compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Robbieasked

I’m thinking about buying one. I had a quick look at the manual and I’m sure it mentioned washing and cleaning the milk carafe daily. Is that the case? Or can I store the milk carafe in the fridge and wash it say every 3 days? Washing it daily would be a pain. I’m interested in what other people do.

Miante

Honestly, We wash ours every 5-7 days, we use it every day and use full cream milk, light or skim you might find it not so built up.
Always, always use the rinse cycle after using (the machine prompts you to automatically) and wipe it down after that.
Important to also not over fill the jug as the milk starts to go yucky inside the cap seal.

The outlet of the milk carafe gets gunky (inside) and I'd highly suggest buying some milk system cleaner, which you add to a jug of warm water and let the parts soak, it cleans all milk fat residue etc. Oh and some straw brushes! Helps get into the small parts.

John B.

About twice a week I empty the milk out, clean the thing without dismantling it by running it under hot water, then fill the milk carafe with hot water and insert it back in to the machine. I then run a couple of hot milk drinks with the hot water (no milk) to thoroughly clean out the milk lines. About one a month I do the same thing with diluted bleach. Then clean out the bleach with hot water, as above.

Maybe once a month or two dismantle the thing. But why bother? The inside of the milk lines are clean.

That's what my coffee machine mechanic taught me.

Generally speaking, things usually work better if you throw away the instruction manual without reading it. (:

Philips S.Gaggia

Hi there, Robbie (and the rest).
Thanks for your question. We do advise to run the milk circuit cleaning cycle on the daily, and making sure that the carafe itself is also regularly cleaned. This does help ensure that the machine produces the highest quality coffee. :) Hope this helps, but feel free to reach to us directly for further questions. We can be reached on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

lindagilliesasked

I think this has already been addressed here, but my biggest concern is that the coffee, both black and milk based, is hot. Does anyone know exactly how many degress the coffee will be at the highest temperature setting?

Miante

We spent $2500 on a Jura and it was lukewarm, it frustrated the hell out of us that we still had to microwave our lattes.

We bought this one and do not regret our choice.

I took some temperatures for you: (on the high temp setting) and with the milk carafe straight out of the fridge.

Latte: 40ml espresso and 180ml milk was 62 degrees after sugared and stirred.

Long black coffee: 120ml was 52 degrees.

I hope that helps.

Thank you.

John B.

Don't worry. On full heat setting, the coffee from this machine will burn your mouth! I like VERY hot coffee, but I set this machine on the minimum heat setting. On full heat setting this coffee would melt through steel!!!

Robbieasked

How long has this product/model been on the market.
Also, can it deliver hot water to make tea?
Where do I buy one in Adelaide?

Miante

The Cardona range was released in Australia early 2020.
The machine does dispense hot water. There is a little attachment which you will need to change for when you want hot water, and then remove to attach the milk carafe as they use the same outlet.

Have a look on Appliances Online and they carry some Gaggia models and are well priced. They should deliver to Adelaide

John B.

If you buy this fantastic coffee machine you will NEVER drink tea again! (:

Ok, you’ve convinced me.

Get an answer from our members and Gaggia representatives

CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines