Gardena Comfort FLEX Hose

Gardena Comfort FLEX Hose

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Gardena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
not happy325
not happy325Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst hose I have ever owned

Went to Bunnings and was looking for a Non Kink Hose so when I saw this hose had a kink resistance of 9 I bought it even though it was quite more expensive than most other hoses on the shelf.
Big mistake . Obviously the rating scale work the opposite way as one would expect .It was rated at 9 for kink resistance . More like a 1 !!!!! I have never used the hose without it kinking and usual it has several kinks. Don't waste your money . Typical Gardena advertising !!

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Buggy
BuggyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Good

Dan L.
Dan L.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst hose I’ve owned in 25 years

Sadly by the time you read this you, would own one of these and are now wondering why it kinks soo much, why it balloons and bursts if you accidentally left it under pressure.
If you have the receipt, take it back.
Gardena’s aftersales service is responsive but unhelpful.
It is easily the worst hose I have ever owned, the cheapest of hoses you can buy will be as good if not better.
Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Expensive, very low grade product!

Purchased the Gardena 'original flex' from our local hardware store.
Payed top dollar for the product.
Worst hose I've ever owned.
Every hose kinks, I get that.
But it's only a couple months old and it's bubbled and sprung more leaks than my old el-cheapo crappy hoses from the past.
Please do not waste your money on this product. I give it 0 out of 10! No stars given!
Unfortunately I don't have the receipt to make a claim on their wonderful three hundred year warranty crap.....
Very disappointed!

shootingstar
shootingstarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Dave
Dave

Pretty happy

Purchased to replace a hose I had named Mr. Stinky. A prime selling point was the highlighted lack of toxic leachings, and I have confidence in watering food with this hose. No smell in the water whatsoever, even when misted.

The kink resistance is Okay if you take a bit of care; the coloured striping means you can see if you're giving it a hard time when reeling it up. It will kink, but if it is not given several rotations of twist to deal with - which you can see - it's not been a problem. I would rate the kink resistance maybe a 7.

The textured exterior means the fittings stay on superbly.

I'm quite happy with its higher price tag for what it is (around $57 I think for 30m) and would buy another in a heartbeat if my other hoses fail.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Disappointing

Bought this hosepipe thinking it will not kink but it DOES!!! May as well use the old cheap one we have had for years and saved myself the time money and effort. Will return ASAP!!

Purchased in November 2020 for $85.00.

Mossimo
MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nylex 12mm x 20m Flextreme Garden Hose 12Mmx15M

This hose is quite expensive and still kinks. The most frustrating hose ever. I have tried everything to stop the hose from kinking but nil joy. Why would you manufacture a hose that kinks! If the hose kinks, it becomes useless Look elsewhere.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $48.00.

Adele
AdeleSydney, NSW

More kinks and knots than my back

I brought a Gardena hose last year,as I was sick of bending down getting the tangles out of a cheap hose I had ( bad back) . I paid $90 for it. What a disappointment,it’s worse than the cheap one. I’ve left it out in the sun to soften it, it still tangles. I wish I could get a refund but I’ve lost the receipt. I brought it at
I guess I’m stuck with it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

Mark
MarkPerth, WA

WORST HOSE EVER!!!

Do not buy False advertising, does nothing but twists, and kinks. States effortless handing No Twisting or Knotting Easy to roll on package what a Joke!!! It does the total opposite.. Never ever will I buy another Gardena Product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $87.00.

Neil
NeilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worse hose ever for kinks

I purchased 2 x 30 meter rated 10 anti kink hoses. The packaging is blatant false advertising- the hose kinks in multiple spots with every single use. Virtually impossible to use without kinking. The worse hose I have ever bought. Plus after emailing Gardena - zero response. Avoid this hose at all costs - total waste of money

Purchased in October 2019 for $115.00.

Erwin H.
Erwin H.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst hose for kink resistance!

I have bought this hose, because it was rated 8 out of 10 kink resistant. ( Bear in mind that at Bunnings the best hose is rated 9 our of 10). I am so disappointed, because this hose kinks like the cheapest available garden hose.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $57.00.

Find out how Gardena Comfort FLEX Hose compares to other Garden Hoses

I've come to a point in my life where I'm reviewing hoses on the internet.

That's how bad this hose is. Almost impossible to use do to it kinking all the time. The nozzle is bad as well, randomly going from a fine spray to a sharp stream. Do not buy it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Mitre 10.

This is worse than the cheapest hoses on the market.

The hose kinks more than my cheapest hose. I generally buy very good hoses for our 8000m small holding. The old dull green ones with three stripes get dragged around all the time and hardly ever kink. This Gardena hose is so precious it has instructions not to drag it and the promise of no kinks. Who is ever going to pick up a 30 m hose and carry it around? What a rubbish product. Gardena must be by China and is no longer German quality. AVOID THIS PRODUCT.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ali
AliPeel, WA

LOVE THIS HOSE

I must admit that I had strong reservations about the Highflex hose after bringing it home THEN reading the poor reviews on it .
I am extremely happy with it. It has not kinked once so far (have had it for 1 month and it is used every day). Thank you

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Jimasked

For those who are complaining about kinks, did you follow Gardena's instructions about preparing the hose before use?

bartie
bartie

Yes Jim, 4days along the drive in the sun. It was truly the worst hose in the world.. I think it has now been withdrawn from the shops.

Jim

Interesting to know that you still had trouble with it after the "conditioning" period.

It's still available in Bunnings in 3 versions: Comfort Flex (kink rating 8/10), Comfort HighFlex (kink rating 9/10) and Premium SuperFlex (kink rating 10/10).

I have been using a version at work marked as "Classic" and it's really good (soft, pliable and doesn't kink) so have been considering buying some myself, hence my chasing up of reviews.

I don't know what "Classic" means in the context of what's currently on the shop shelves.

Another characteristic of the one I have been using is that it seems to repel dirt; nothing much sticks to it. Gardena ascribes that characteristic to the SuperFlex version, so maybe that's what I've been using.

Jim

Just to round this off: I asked Gardena what 'Classic' means and they replied that it's the former version of what is now called 'Comfort Flex'.

CategoryGarden Hoses