ALDI Petrol Mower

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ted

TedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to start,cuts well, top catcher holder fills with clippings small amount of oil added every 2nd mow. Economy great on my couch and Qld carpet grass about 300 sq metres of flat lawn.

Purchased in December 2018 at Aldi for $139.00.

EdwardSydney

Excellent mower with a couple of small issues

Purchased in September 2018 at ALDI.

Troy G.

Troy G.Northern Region, NSW

good enough for the price

ive used this once so far. i live in a dry area so lawn isint very thick. its a bit gutless if you do have a thicker lawn. motor would die down a fair bit if I hit a thick patch. for $150 you can't complain too much. easy enough to maneuver. and done a good finish. didn't like starting while warm but started fine when it was cold. noise is fair. would recommend if you don't have a big lawn and don't want to pay much.

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $149.00.

Robert C.

Robert C.South East Queensland, QLD

Never found a mower that started so easily

Just purchased so long term usage I can't comment on but it immediately impressed me, unlike the previous 14 other mowers purchased in my lifetime when I could start it first time without the usual effort (and bad language). Thinking it was a fluke, I started it up a further 3 times until my wife told me I was obsessed ( and possibly senile to boot),

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $149.00.

Jessie and Ron

Jessie and RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish I had read these reviews before buying this

I wish I had read these reviews before paying money to buy this mower. Very heavy to push especially if the grass is a little too thick. The front wheels just get stuck in the grass and the mower wont move. Aldi have done a great job of making this lawn mover like the rest of their electrical equipment. Totally useless. I keep saying to myself that I wont be buying another non-food product (especially electric ones) from Aldi but I forget every time I see the cheap stuff in the shelves. This lawn mower is junk.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $299.00.

Trevor P

Trevor PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Specs ... not so great in practice.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $399.00.

Matthew G.

Matthew G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value for money

Great value for money.

Engine starts first go everytime

Self propelled works well. Maybe a touch slow but that's no drama.

Feels well designed.

Catch entrance is less prone to clogging up with wet grass. Atleast compared to my old mower.

7 year warranty is supported by a local mower store. All spare parts are available through aldi. Part Numbers supplied in hand book.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $399.00.

Vic

Vic

Green colour - 139cc Gardenline Petrol Lawn Mower (not self propelled)

Purchased in November 2015 at ALDI for $139.00.

Wayne.C

Wayne.CSouth East Queensland, QLD

The fuel cap is a wrong design. The replacement fail within 3 months again.

Purchased in September 2018 at ALDI for $249.00.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

The shroud cover along the mower is hitting the blade after its first mow

Burns through Oil like no tomorrow, the metal shroud is so thing it gets bent easily and it hitting the blade, lost the receipt so cant get it fixed under warranty.

Purchased in December 2018 for $134.00.

mama

mamaSouth East Queensland, QLD

does the job

cheap and easy to use with great options like mulch attachments etc had it for over a year now never had any problems love the key start never fails would buy again

Purchased in January 2017 at ALDI for $300.00.

Sid

Sid

Poor Design and quality

Purchased in October 2018 for $299.00.

Sambo01

Sambo01Hunter Region, NSW

I fined it good really

Easy to start easy to maneuver it did lack little power and only 2 blade was not best idea I prefer 4 blades if your not to fussed by much I recommend this mower. Good price.

Purchased in March 2017.

mathew s.

mathew s.Kambah 2902, ACT

Please don't buy it

Please don't buy any electrical or mechanical stuff from Aldi if doesn't last more than a year, my lawn mower is faulty in 8 months time, when i reported to customer service they told me some one will call me but it never happened, please don't waste your money for Aldi products, pay bit more and buy quality stuffs it will last longer.

Purchased in September 2018.

Quaggie

QuaggieSydney, NSW

Grass collects in entrance to catcher

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $299.00.

John R

John RMelbourne

Terrible

I paid $299 for this mower in Feb this year, charged starter battery for 5 & half hours and when fully charged fitted battery to mower, mower wouldn't elect start. Started mower by pull rope but mower ran very roughly, motor governor erractic and engine speed alternating high & low constantly.
Also fuel tank was leaking petrol which is very dangerous. Never got to test mower on grass.
I have a Aldi petrol blower & whipper snipper, and for domestic use I have found them to be great
The mower was returned for a full refund and in my opinion don't buy one.

Purchased in February 2019.

loibl

loiblGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Give it a miss

I have been mowing my backyard for many years and my mower was getting tired so when I saw Aldi advertise this Mower I got it. Today I used it for the first time and it started well using the battery/starter as well as the recoil hand start. I set the height and when I pushed it, I noticed it dipping down at the front consequently digging into the grass. The adjusting brace between the front and rear wheels were different so I checked the underneath and found everything in order except for the design is incorrect allowing the front wheels to dip. As a Motor Mechanic I can see the changes required.

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

steve

steveMid North Coast, NSW

After 1 Hour the Front Wheel Lever came off. It raises and lowers the deck

It could be trouble. After 1 hour the Front Wheel Pitch level LEVER came off. Dont know the E clip size No manual parts book.
The Catcher is Difficult to Clip on and does not catch very well.. Very Akward indeed

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

FCurtis2018

FCurtis2018Sydney, NSW

Terrible

Many faults compared with Australian mowers but never seen what happened yesterday on any mower. I have been mowing 50 years.. This mower was found on the street, as the original purchaser threw it away after one use. yesterday mowing the verge ,left front wheel went into a small whole near the gutter. see photo of the result.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for $299.00.

George S

George SAU

Still unsure if I made the right choice

At face value it seems like a decent mower, but a lot of small flaws add up to a terrible mower. The biggest fault is that the catcher doesn’t fill up properly. It will start dropping clumps of grass when the catcher is barely a quarter full. The electric start is great and the battery lasts for quite a while but a big problem is that the key barrel is poor quality and it’s kept running in the off position a few times now. Because of the catcher issue I’m forced to use it with mulching attachments instead which isn’t too bad but a frustrating compromise.

Date PurchasedApr 2017