Gate 1 Travel

Gate 1 Travel

Brand Manager for Gate 1 Travel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (8) · No (4)
  • Ease of Booking

Perfecto

Cheaper then its competives staff are client focused, tours well organized, evening entertainment was far better then other river cruises we have been on. Gate 1 ticks all the boxes

Sandy

We booked a European tour with Gate 1 Travel for Dec 2020 departure. The tour was cancelled in July 2020 due to the Pandemic. We were given option of either full refund or voucher, we chose the refund option. After submitted a refund request online, we called Gate1 for a follow up, and the refund was dealt with promptly. Their staff answered our call within a couple of rings, she was helpful and pleasant to deal with. We'll have no hesitation to choose Gate 1 Travel again.

MMG
MMGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This Company Will Never Return or Refund Your Money - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM

Colin MBurpengary

Another Covid-19 Victim

Our experience with Gate 1 is a little different. We actually won a 7 day European River Cruise. All booked up, paid extra $1700 for better cabin than supplied by prize and change flights from British Airway to Emirates. Excited about holiday researched things to do while in Budapest and Munich. Then Covid-19 hit. Originally they said holiday could be held over as future booking. Then I was told that all I had with them was a $1700 credit - no cruise. I managed to get the extra money I had paid back from them in full but they are refusing to honour their commitment for the prize.

Sally
SallySydney, NSW

Cancellation Due to Convid - REFUND

Aussie's
Aussie'sMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great experience

River boat cruise Budapest to Prague

Boat broke down first day. Took three days to confirm boat could not be fixed.
Alternative bus trip was poorly organised with substandard accomodation. Offered very poor compensation. When things go wrong don't expect much from this company.

Oz Traveller

Trip Completed Yes
CJCT
CJCTPerth, WA

Very efficient

I booked a trip with these people originally for a single person travelling through Russia along the Volga and then by land to Budapest. I then changed the booking to include my partner and then we changed the cruise booking to a suite rather than a cabin. The whole process was done without one single hassle from Gate 1. The whole trip was fantastic, with no hassles along the way. Accommodation in all stops was terrific, nothing fancy but neither was it over the top.
We would recommend Gate 1 and we will indeed be using them in the future for other European cruises.

Vladimir
Vladimir

Luck of attention

Memorable tour to Japan which deserves 5 stars,but luck of attention by travel agency left us wait in the hotel for 5 hours before we could check in !!
Very much hope that gate 1 ,who organized our trip will do a better job next time and let hotel know on our early arrival so we can check in earlier or organize later flights.

Ease of Booking

Jan G.
Jan G.Darling Downs, QLD

Certainly value for money!

Terrible and expensive Australia tour

CoffeeGoddess
CoffeeGoddessShoalhaven

Great value for money

We have just returned from a 13 day trip to China and It was my second experience with Gate 1 Travel. The booking process was simple and quick, and the staff I spoke to in Melbourne were more than happy to answer questions and offer advice and service. The tour guide(s) in China were very friendly, well informed and very attentive to all our needs. The sites we visited were completely as advertised by Gate 1, and the accommodation and transport were not to be faulted. I will gladly recommend Gate 1 to friends and family. I will also be checking for other holidays with Gate 1 Travel, Australia.

LeahaW
LeahaWasked

Looking for advice on how to get a refund from this company. We booked a holiday to Dubai just before covid hit. The trip was cancelled 2 weeks or so before we were due to depart. I was offered a travel credit for about $4500 but after signing in to my account on their website it looks as though that credit expired Sept 2021. I have since found out that the Melbourne office of this company has closed and cannot be contacted. I've emailed head office in the US asking for a refund but no response. Any suggestions where I can go from here?

Sandyasked

Has anyone who has not received a refund from Gate 1 after they had agreed to provide a refund filed a complaint about Gate1's behavior to the ACCC, or taken them to court for breach of agreement?
Gate 1's incorporated name is GATE 1 AUSTRALIA PTY LTD. If anyone wishes to take them to court for breach of agreement, their proper name to be sued is GATE 1 AUSTRALIA PTY LTD. Their ACN is 169 034 575.