flybuys travel

flybuys travel

• Trip Completed Yes (589) · No (60)
  • Ease of Booking

Debbie

DebbieSydney, NSW

Check your T&Cs very carefully

We booked a flight with Flybuys to Tasi on the 13/11, after an email inviting us to book with full cancellation. I also booked travel insurance through them just in case. As the borders closed due to COVID-19, we tried to cancel it today. Turns out the free cancellation was only for hotel+flights, and they will not refund us for the flight, only credit. We were also told that insurance does not cover COVID, so what is the point? We are very upset as it quite a lot of money, which means we cannot travel anywhere now. Given this bed situation, I would like Flybuys and Qantas to show some consideration to their customers.

Inadequate Communication and Care

The flight department is fine. Unfortunately, when booking a cruise, they transfer to another department, where I had had no end of trouble with the booking. My name was spelled wrong, my birthdate was recorded wrong, my address was even listed as the wrong state. I was seriously concerned because travel papers need to match my I.D. and how could they if full of errors? Trip canceled due to covid, but they will not release my credit.

Inflexible

Booked a flight through Flybuys to Sydney (flying Virgin Airlines) but due to COVID restriction we had to change destination to Perth. Unfortunately the ONLY way you can change your booking with Flybuys is calling the number on your itinerary, and the number is meant for EMERGENCY USE ONLY outside of office hour!

It is now Friday night and we could not change our booking, or even over the weekend. We have no choice but to sit and look at the price go up until Monday morning to change our flight!

I would NEVER book a flight through them, I'd go directly with the airlines from now on. This is frustrating and made travel changes very expensive!

Unhappywasher

UnhappywasherSouth East Queensland, QLD

I still have no idea what happened

Excellent customer service

Receiving fantastic service from flybuys travel as I'm trying to sort out a trip that won't go ahead due to COVID, with flights booked through an airline in administration. The consultant from flybuys travel has dealt with my many questions quickly and efficiently and is doing all he can to find alternative options. Much appreciated! Have booked flights with flybuys travel before and always find them good value and website easy to use.

Newy mumHunter Region, NSW

Great Inclusions and so easy

My Flybuys Travel offer to Hawaii was excellent value for money and As well as flights, accommodation it included resort fees and 2 x meals per person per day.
It was an easy, hassle free booking.
The only thing I had to do was chase my flybuys points after the holiday as they weren’t automatically added to my account - but then Covid 19 hit just as we had arrived back so it could have been overlooked.

Melbourne trip

My had travel with family member to Melbourne for them to have surgery , need book some flights home so used flybys travel again, all with previous experience the site was easy to use

PETER MCBRIDElast

PETER MCBRIDElast

Cancelled due to COVID 19.

C We had to cancel our trip due to OVID19. As far as I know we have received a credit towards a similar trip next year. We are assuming this includes the cash payment

Mich

MichSydney, NSW

Easy booking and no hassle refund

Booked my trip last year using a mix of points and credit card payment through Flybuys Travel. My trip was then cancelled due to covid but Flybuys refunded my points and helped process my cash refund from Cathay.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refund of points due to Coronavirus

Due to Coronavirus we were unable to take our trip to Sydney but flybuys quickly refunded all flybuys points I had used to pay for the hotel accomodation. I was really impressed how quickly and easy they made the refund and we will now use those points to book again when restrictions are eased.

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks FlyBuys

Booking was easy, prices were great and refund for my cancelled trip was easy, a bit slow but easy. A real shame my trip was cancelled due to Covid-19. Thank you FlyBuys for being awesome!!

Jodie R.

Jodie R.Southern and Hills, SA

Covid cancellation

Due to Covid trip cancelled given a credit which I can use at a later date booked trip with Virgin so still unsure if I will ever get that trip ,were getting points back would have been better.This is the first time this has happened maybe next time look at this.

Maggie

MaggieThe Mallee, VIC

Easy Booking

Booking experience was very good, simple and easy. I will definitely book through flybuys travel again. i got a good price and flybuy points what more could you ask for.

Sue

SueQueensland

Very help

Recently received some points back for overseas accommodation cancelled due to COVID-19. Staff member very helpful. Have been very happy with my dealings with FlyBuys and love adding to my points.

Points should be refunded

The booking itself was easier for my trip Cairns - Brisbane return 16/4 to 23/4 for my ailing mums 80th. Using flybuy points.
Unfortunately had to cancelled due to covid.
It was messy trying to address this with contacting.
I was given a credit to be used at later date.
I am feeling highly disappointed that the points were not reimbursed which would have been of more benefit during this time I am sure this would be for many.
I would much prefer the points be reimbursed to my account so could use on other things.

Find out how flybuys travel compares to other Booking Services

looking forward to my next trip

Booking experience was very good, simple and easy to do. I am looking forward to getting away on my next trip hopefully it will be very soon so I can enjoy some warm weather.

Austin V.

Austin V.Sydney, NSW

Easy to access and great services

Booking website is really convenient. Called to change date on my booking and it was a good experience with the customer service. Recommend to use if you like flybuys points.

Dee

DeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great service

i received fantastic service from fly buys for my trip
thanks so much i appreciate your service so much
I could not have managed to do this on my own and appreciate the help

pieta

pieta

Good service

Booked a flight to Perth. Covid19 got in the way. Getting a credit was relatively easy when the trip was cancelled. Not perfect as I had to chase them but still good given the current times.

Carrie

CarrieMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Assured in worrying times.

I had return flights booked to go to Phuket in April. With Covid 19 pandemic, all flights were cancelled and all international boarders closed. Flybys responded before the departure date and all points were refunded back to me.
Peace of mind!!