Gateway Motor Group

Gateway Motor Group

See the Best Car Dealerships in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Gateway Motor Group? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1

Bad news.. stay clear

The car has been nothing but a dud and the service/warranty people don't want to here about it. I tell all on my customers in the area not to buy a Mitsubishi. And don't listen to the 10 years warranty and capped price servicing nonsense. It's a scam.
The ladies in the office are generally polite though. So I will give them that.

james j.
james j.Illawarra, NSW

Tyre issue

Issues with tyre monitor
Lady at the service desk was very helpful
My wife and I went to lunch
On return the problem was sorted

Other Car Dealerships

general questions and service of car computer

Today , I was booked in with the service department as I had problems with what i thought was the sensors on the car on my computer system, it turns out only to have been a squashed bug on the camera, but i asked a lot of other questions as the car is new; I had all questions answered and explained by Jade. From time of entry I encountered three people who were bright, friendly, pleasant and professional.
A very pleasant experience today that alleviated my anxiety and ended up costing me nothing but the trip there.
I will be now servicing my car at Gateway in the future.

Communication Anyone?

Judy
JudyIllawarra, NSW

Love my new car!

I’d like to thank Tim Banfield for his excellent service. Tim was friendly, professional and very helpful with my purchase.

Donna Monahan
Donna Monahan Illawarra, NSW

Good service

I would like to thank Nick Austin for his excellent service. A very pleasant young man who is both knowledgeable and helpful.

Daughters First Car

Big thank you to Jim Arsovski who helped in a purchase of my daughter’s first car! His knowledge of the car and understanding of my requirements for her car, not to mention that I turned up close to closing time to inspect it, nothing was too much trouble Jim. My daughter is very happy with the car and the buying experience was great...

Above & beyond

Recently took my 2013 Mitsubishi Triton to Gateway after experiencing issues with the engine, given the cars age it was no longer under warranty. Whilst the issue was investigated I was given a brand new loan car. The dealer lodged a goodwill claim with Mitsubishi and the engine was replaced free of charge. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome, the customer service throughout the whole process was second to none. Highly recommended Gateway Motor Group.

Kylie H
Kylie HIllawarra, NSW

would definitely recommend this dealer ( Jim Arsovski )

I recently bought a kia carnival platinum from Jim, He was honest about the car I was looking at, easy to talk to & very prompt in getting back to me with more details & pics. He was awesome in helping me be able to look at the car by bringing it to me. I was so happy with the car & absolutely love it. Thanks for being so honest Jim so happy I bought from you. Thanks again :)

John S
John SSydney, NSW

service you cant fault

recently purchased a ford ranger form gateway motor group. sales person Jim was looking after me. Jim was very helpful and knowledgeable about the vehicle, Jim has great communication skills with the client and was there to help find a vehicle that suited my needs. if i was ever in the market to buy another car, Gateway motors would be my first stop... make shore to ask for Jim.

Michael T
Michael TIllawarra, NSW

Thank you, Jim Arsovski.

Recently purchased a 2012 Nissan X-Trail from this company. Very happy with it. Jim was very helpful and made the purchase a simple process. I would recommend him to any prospective customer.

Nath
NathIllawarra, NSW

An excellent buying experience

Johnathan K (sales) at Gateway Automotive gets my vote for making buying easy. From the first phone call to post-delivery followup, everything was done on time and as promised. A good deal and excellent service combined to make the most positive car buying experience I've had thus far. Highly recommended

Paul M.
Paul M.Illawarra, NSW

Perfect vehicle sourced for my needs

Big thankyou to Jim Arsovski at Gateway Automotive Autopact for sourcing a vehicle to sit my needs. I identified my needs to him previously and he then went out to fulfill my need. Great communication ensured I purchased the exact vehicle to sit my purpose. Very happy... Thank you Jim ...... 5 stars!

brian D.
brian D.Illawarra, NSW

stay away

service dept could even replace a fuel filter properly, had a very strong fuel smell in the car, when questioned about it the head mechanic said he couldn't smell it. Ended up getting the car towed back to them to be rectified. We will never go back there again

MickIllawarra, NSW

Do not do business with these people

Darren P.
Darren P.asked

I want to know why gateway Wollongong is holding my car to ransom with out telling me or just a simple phone call why Im waiting for Mitsubishi head office. A simple question requires a simple answer.you have now had my work Ute since 11th of December 2019 its now 17th of December Im more than sure what gateway are doing is illegal. Im so upset with Gateway that I now have my solicitor involved. Leasing with customers is most important.no wonder it only has 1.5 star rating. As a Wollongong business owner I could not possibly recommend gateway services to anyone anymore. Im sorry your poor customer relations has let me down. And Im going to make sure through social media how disgusted I really am.

Kiley
Kiley

Yes I had a terrible experience with them service was about money manager is rude .

Mick

They are the most disgusting company to deal with! I had soooo many issues with Gateway ford! they lied they falsified documents and did all they could to try not to leave a paper trail of the major failures we had on our car.
The amount of deception was absolutely appalling. There really needs to be a royal commission into the car industry and the way in which they operate. At the moment they are lawless. I wonder how many heads would roll if that could come to fruition.
And I wonder how many people have lost there life or loved 1 because of these cowboys patching up cars that are not fit to be on our roads. Speak to McGuire and Mcinerney we did and got a full refund of purchase price for our lemon but be prepared to fight they count on you backing down.

Yusuf Pingarasked

Hi All, can you please let me know if I can trust this dealer when buying a used car? After reading all your comments I am scared. I am buying a Toyota and have identified a few things that need fixing before delivery. Your feedback will be appreciated. Cheers

Bernie
Bernie

I cannot tell you anything about the sales department, but after sales service would be a worry as their current service is really poor - I couldn’t recommend them.

Thank you Bernie for your feedback. Cheers

dara
dara

Hi Yusuf, If you have't purchased yet, then just get away from this people, they have no morals, you probably read my concern about the experience I had with them, the car still remains unfixed after 5 month,