Gateway Motor Group

Gateway Motor Group

2.8 from 16 reviews · View Details

2.8

Above & beyond

Recently took my 2013 Mitsubishi Triton to Gateway after experiencing issues with the engine, given the cars age it was no longer under warranty. Whilst the issue was investigated I was given a brand new loan car. The dealer lodged a goodwill claim with Mitsubishi and the engine was replaced free of charge. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome, the customer service throughout the whole process was second to none. Highly recommended Gateway Motor Group.

Kylie H

Kylie HIllawarra, NSW

would definitely recommend this dealer ( Jim Arsovski )

I recently bought a kia carnival platinum from Jim, He was honest about the car I was looking at, easy to talk to & very prompt in getting back to me with more details & pics. He was awesome in helping me be able to look at the car by bringing it to me. I was so happy with the car & absolutely love it. Thanks for being so honest Jim so happy I bought from you. Thanks again :)

John S

John SSydney, NSW

service you cant fault

recently purchased a ford ranger form gateway motor group. sales person Jim was looking after me. Jim was very helpful and knowledgeable about the vehicle, Jim has great communication skills with the client and was there to help find a vehicle that suited my needs. if i was ever in the market to buy another car, Gateway motors would be my first stop... make shore to ask for Jim.

Michael T

Michael TIllawarra, NSW

Thank you, Jim Arsovski.

Recently purchased a 2012 Nissan X-Trail from this company. Very happy with it. Jim was very helpful and made the purchase a simple process. I would recommend him to any prospective customer.

Nath

NathIllawarra, NSW

An excellent buying experience

Johnathan K (sales) at Gateway Automotive gets my vote for making buying easy. From the first phone call to post-delivery followup, everything was done on time and as promised. A good deal and excellent service combined to make the most positive car buying experience I've had thus far. Highly recommended

Paul M.

Paul M.Illawarra, NSW

Perfect vehicle sourced for my needs

Big thankyou to Jim Arsovski at Gateway Automotive Autopact for sourcing a vehicle to sit my needs. I identified my needs to him previously and he then went out to fulfill my need. Great communication ensured I purchased the exact vehicle to sit my purpose. Very happy... Thank you Jim ...... 5 stars!

brian D.

brian D.Illawarra, NSW

stay away

service dept could even replace a fuel filter properly, had a very strong fuel smell in the car, when questioned about it the head mechanic said he couldn't smell it. Ended up getting the car towed back to them to be rectified. We will never go back there again

MickIllawarra, NSW

Do not do business with these people

KileySanctuary point

Thieves, callous , rude .

Find out how Gateway Motor Group compares to other Car Dealerships

Sales man trying to rip you off

Was going to trade in my car and buy another had a reasonable trade in price plus cash on top until the sales man wanted to play games and put the price up even though we had agree on a price and now my car wasn't worth crap, then saying we have had someone looking at the car that day and is coming back tomorrow with a deposit, and did I want to make a deposit first so I thought I'm not playing theses games, told them I don't want the car they can sell it.
Next day the same sales man from gateway decided to call me and offer the original deal no one was coming to put a deposit on the car just trying to trick me into paying more and getting a deposit

No thanks you had your chance

Gateway KIA most dishonest and untrustworthy dealer

This is a warning to any person looking to buy a KIA, particularly a vehicle from Gateway Motor Group in fairy Meadow. After purchasing a new KIA stinger, find out a week later after I take delivery that car was damaged and resprayed. This information was not disclosed to me by dealer but by inadvertent correspondence. They attempted to conceal this and not disclose. Any person looking at a car from this company should avoid at all costs they are corrupt.

daraSydney

Very bad experience of purchasing a vehicle

I purchased a vehicle from this dealership ,the vehicle had issues, they hol it for 5 month to Fix the issues, but Still not happy with the vehicle, ,I don't recommend to anyone buy vehicles from them.. good luck

Service department - Arrogant

Pathetic Service

Trish

TrishHunter Region, NSW

Lots of help from Ray

Always believed female used car sales personnel would improve the business and Ray certainly validated this - made our purchase of a used Renault such a good experience - some delays in car delivery - not gateways fault - Highly recommend Ray at Gateway Woolongong.

Josephine1348

Josephine1348Sydney

Callous

Darren P.

Darren P.asked

I want to know why gateway Wollongong is holding my car to ransom with out telling me or just a simple phone call why Im waiting for Mitsubishi head office. A simple question requires a simple answer.you have now had my work Ute since 11th of December 2019 its now 17th of December Im more than sure what gateway are doing is illegal. Im so upset with Gateway that I now have my solicitor involved. Leasing with customers is most important.no wonder it only has 1.5 star rating. As a Wollongong business owner I could not possibly recommend gateway services to anyone anymore. Im sorry your poor customer relations has let me down. And Im going to make sure through social media how disgusted I really am.

Kiley

Yes I had a terrible experience with them service was about money manager is rude .

Mick

They are the most disgusting company to deal with! I had soooo many issues with Gateway ford! they lied they falsified documents and did all they could to try not to leave a paper trail of the major failures we had on our car.
The amount of deception was absolutely appalling. There really needs to be a royal commission into the car industry and the way in which they operate. At the moment they are lawless. I wonder how many heads would roll if that could come to fruition.
And I wonder how many people have lost there life or loved 1 because of these cowboys patching up cars that are not fit to be on our roads. Speak to McGuire and Mcinerney we did and got a full refund of purchase price for our lemon but be prepared to fight they count on you backing down.

Yusuf Pingarasked

Hi All, can you please let me know if I can trust this dealer when buying a used car? After reading all your comments I am scared. I am buying a Toyota and have identified a few things that need fixing before delivery. Your feedback will be appreciated. Cheers

Bernie
Bernie

I cannot tell you anything about the sales department, but after sales service would be a worry as their current service is really poor - I couldn’t recommend them.

Thank you Bernie for your feedback. Cheers

dara

Hi Yusuf, If you have't purchased yet, then just get away from this people, they have no morals, you probably read my concern about the experience I had with them, the car still remains unfixed after 5 month,