Motor Scout

Unbelievable. The perfect experience

Peter at Motorscout did a stellar job in managing my car buying experience, brilliant guy, easy to chat with and took time to listen...and of course got me a great quote. I was stressed when calling dealers back but this experience took all that away. Cannot recommend Motorscout enough.

Fast and simple

I was impressed with speed of response and quotes obtained. They were very responsive by telephone and using online chat. Of course, happy with the deal they obtained for me. Saves so much time as you don't have to shop around yourself.

Easy peasy to work with

The person I dealt with was very professional and could not be any more helpful I would recommend if your looking for a new car theses guys would be the first one I would call

Best experience with a car purchase ever

Had a delightful experience with Shaq for the purchase of my Mazda CX 5 through Motor Scout. Shaq was always on point with guidance, provided a number of quotes from dealer and understanding of my situation through the process. I have told many people already about the positive experience and will continue to recommend others about Motor Scout.

A very pleasant experience with surprising results

I personally did not speak to Shaq but my friend did. I was skeptical at first but then when the representative Shaq sent out actually came to inspect the vehicles, I was impressed. The situation became better again when they met our expectations on price that Shaq had said he would do for us. Shaq delivered and so did Steve from Melville Subaru. I have no hesitation in recommending Motor Scout to everyone.

Highly recommend

Peter managed to get me approximately $3000 off the price of my new Toyota Corolla ZR from my local dealer. I had also requested quote from two Toyota dealers that we had previously bought new vehicles from and they were unable to offer the discount that Peter was able to achieve. I sent Motor Scout an email requesting quotes, and had about six quotes the same day. I sold my other vehicle privately and had my new vehicle the same day. I originally wanted a red car, but so glad that Toyota only had the bronze oxide available as it looks much nicer. I have given Peter's details to our friend who is looking at purchasing a new Toyota Landcruiser, so thanks again Peter for all your advice and prompt, efficient service. If you're looking for a new car, and you don't want the stress of dealing with a car salesman, give Peter a call at Motor Scout.

The best at what they do!!!!

Really awesome service. Peter helped me to get my dream car Toyota RAV4. Their customer service is on point and they will guide you in the right direction. They get the things done proactively and will get the best deal in sydney.
I would definitely recommend Motor Scout if you are looking for your dream car.

Motor Scout found our car

It was great to have someone do the legwork for us and find the best price for the car we wanted. Was kept informed all the way. The handover to the dealer was easy.

Unfortunately not all 5star as presented.........My experience......

Truthfully I’m disappointed.

I was contacted and advised I would get 3 competitive quotes in approximately 2-3 days. After providing the details I wanted and then more specific clarification of make and model 12 hours later. The rep sounded professional and was nice enough on the phone. I have no initial problems with professionalism, just service promoted.

As promised I got 1 of 3 quotes within 2-3 days. The quote was competitive but included air fares, accom and delivery fees to get car to me. The price was competitive but I have been awaiting the 2 other quotes (hopefully sydney based without the addition travel expenses). To review without providing a holiday for someone.

It is now over 2 weeks without any further contact from motor scout. Email reminders to action the first quote, no response to my emails. No further quotes. Obviously my request has been put in the 2 hard basket and motor scout has decided to no longer assist.

The service was free and I guess you get what you pay for. Good luck to anyone else using this service

Received a response from motor group today after above concern was sent (immediate response back to me) stating - Sorry you have this perspective, We tried to call you regarding car X (wrong make and model I requested) with no response (nil received). Best of luck with my search we will remove your details from system.

Enough said I think.............

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your experience but do appreciate the feedback. I believe there was some miscommunication between yourself and the consultant you spoke with regards to your Mercedes quote. As I understand it, we put your quote request out to our national Mercedes network as there was very limited stock of the vehicle in Sydney so we push it out to our wider network. As such we had one of our dealers in Melbourne have stock of this and was organising the full Mercedes experience with travel costs included to ensure a seamless experience. I do apologise for the lack of communication provided in this instance and not something that we intend to happen again. In any case, I believe you have got your new Mercedes all finalised now and if we do get another opportunity to work with you again in the future, I'm certain the experience will be a much more pleasurable one.Thank you Peter, I did source a Sydney dealer who quoted competitively myself and we have secured the car. Appreciate your response.

Great customer service and extremely professional!

I spent 2 days talking to dealers and going into dealerships 3 separate times. The sales reps really left a sour taste in my mouth - shady, rude and enjoyed wasting my time.

Motor scout popped up on my news feed and i decided to give them a go. Shaq was such a refreshing breath of fresh air after talking to hyenas all day! Super professional and there was no pressure whatsoever. The quotes he got me were similar to the best price that both dealerships offered me BUT it didn't involve me making about 10 calls back and forth, and going in 3 times (just to backtrack on the offer made on the phone).

I didn't end up buying a car through Shaq but I had an enjoyable experience regardless and have already referred him to my friends and family.

Thanks Sarah! It's great to hear your experience is a good one and hope to service you again in the future!

So instead of another well deserved review, consider this ...

It is somewhat moot to reiterate the glowing comments from previous reviewers; they are all correct and true. So instead let me give some insights I had dealing with these guys.

I am pretty good at negotiating and if you search the web for 'how to negotiate with car salesman' there are some great techniques. I would have done all that and probably fairly easily got, say, $4-5K off the MSRP . But demand for car we wanted was high so odds were with the dealer. I probably would have also got a few things thrown in, like mats and a cargo protector, and been ok with the result.

I would still recommend you do the same, do a search as I note above, You can get pretty good saving this way. One good site is Whirlpool.

Consider this though; more than 40 % of personal home loans are now negotiated by brokers. This is not only because of the paper work but their expertise in negotiating with the banks. We did this recently and they got us a better rate compared to we could get plus a lot of headache- so why not at least try to do the same with a new car?

Motor Scout negotiates with car dealers every working day; it is their job. They have developed a close professional relationship with a core group of dealers, for our vehicle anyway, and very no-nonsense business like approach. Motor Scout will explain this more, but I was very impressed at not only how quick and easy it was, but how professional they, and the "winning" bid dealer, conducted themselves. This is not to say it was a cold impersonal process, It is much more straightforward, informative and non-crap compared to what I recently experienced at 4 dealers when I starting looking seriously and test driving. I suggest you do, if you can bear it, visit 1 or 2 dealers and get their initial price and some inkling of what you think you could work them down to. Do so with no accessories so you can then compare what Motor Scout can achieve.

As I noted it is Motor Scout's job but moreover they have a distinct advantage you don't - they are on close terms and finger on the pulse of what the various dealers are selling for and they 'bid them off' against each. Plus Motor Scout gave me one tip on a semi-hidden perk from the manufacturer that none of the 4 dealerships I visited told me about (very disappointed), saving another $1800. Next they were able to make a deal with the dealer on our trade-in that really was win-win for us. Then they even got the dealer to come down significantly on the accessories we wanted. All three of these were simply beyond anything I knew or was able to do without their level of access and knowledge.

It costs nothing to call MS and ask them questions - I asked them a lot before we signed up and they saved us significantly more money than what we could have achieved.

Very good advice Luke. There couldn't be an easier way to save money when purchasing a new car and as you pointed out, we're here every step of the way even after you have picked up the car. Really appreciate the time you put into your feedback and only hope it helps others in the same boat that you were.

Exceptional.

Peter went above and beyond securing an excellent deal. Can't recommend Peter more highly. No pressure to purchase on any offers received. Everything promised was delivered. I began receiving competitive quotes straight away.
I will be using this service again and have already passed on Peters details.

Thanks Rachel and appreciate you spreading the word! I was happy we got this all finalised for you quickly and easily. :)

car purchase mazda cx5

dealing with peter was great ,no pressure to buy he sent us prices form dealers ,we saved $3,500 would highly recommend the use of this service it was free go for it.

Thanks for the feedback Cath! Much appreciated and hope we can assist you with the next purchase.

No mucking around, great service & great price.

Great service & great price. Pete + Shaq were very responsive, especially considering the craziness surrounding EOFY. Will be using the service for the wife's car next year & have recommended to colleagues & family.

Thanks Andy! Was great working with you and we're absolutely stoked we could assist you in getting your new car! Looking forward to assisting again next year!

Buying a new car is not difficult.

I was after a new Golf GTI. Shaq Nuku hunted down a great deal for me. I was kept well informed by Shaq and nothing was an issue. He answered all my questions and responded in a very timely manner. I certainly didn't have to haggle for prices, Shaq did that for me. A great service.

Great to hear everything went quickly and smoothly Peter! Thanks again for the review and using our service.

A new way of buying a new car at the best price

I would highly recommend buying your next new car from Motor Scout, I have dealt with Peter who is a very genuine and professional individual. I didn't need to negotiate with any dealers back & forth, he got me a really good deal on a car which is in very high demand currently.

I'm happy we were able to get this all organised for you Parthiv! Stoked we got the price and turnaround time you were after on the new purchase.

No hidden fees, amazing to deal with

I had never used a broker previously so it was fair to say I was a tad suspicious about the no fee to the customer for the deal.

I attempted to negotiate with car yards myself which in same ways exciting was very time consuming and stressful. I decided to use motor scout just to try my luck and see what it’s all about, now I can’t sing their praises high enough

No hidden fees, great pricing, great communication incorporating my busy work life, even the dealership I was sent to had amazing service

Peter was amazing to deal with Everything that was asked for was delivered in a timely manner, no tricks, no up selling. 10/10 service would definitely use motor scout again in the future

Really appreciate the feedback there Rob! If only everyone knew how much we can save them (for free) on their new purchase! Thanks again.

Great Service, Price and Customer Support

I dealt with Peter whose great service helped me to get where I needed to be. Peter hunted down an excellent price on the cars (with all the wanted accessories on each) and even managed great trade prices on the trade-ins. Peter's customer support throughout the process was spot-on. I would highly recommend Peter and Motor Scout.

Thanks for the positive feedback Leon. I hope everything went well with the new cars and look forward to assisting you again next time.

Fantastic Team at Motor Scout

I wanted to purchase a new Toyota Landcruiser Sahara,to save the running around and haggling I gave Motor Scout a try.
To say I’m happy would be a understatement.
Would highly recommend this company to anyone in the market for a new car

Thanks David and appreciate your great feedback on your experience! Great to see plenty of savings are still to be had on the Sahara!Again I want to thank Motor Scout especially Shaq he was fantastic he understood my needs and was always available to assist

Great service and outcome

After spending a weekend haggling with dealers, Peter had 4 quotes that beat them significantly in just over a day. Peter was great to work with, kept me up to date on what was happening and had me making my purchase 48 hours after putting in my request. Will definitely enlist his services in the future.

That's really great to hear Simon! Appreciate the kind review and hope we can work with you again on your next purchase! :)