Gecko Triple Lure Insect Trapper

Gecko Triple Lure Insect Trapper

See the Best Pest Control in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve73

Steve73South East Queensland, QLD

Meant to create C02 to attract the Mosquito's, I call crap.

This device is meant to create C02 to attract the Mosquito's, I call crap. This unit captures less mosquitos compared to a yard guard bug vac which uses UV light alone as an attractant. I've been running this unit 24/7 and I'm Not impressed.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Infested Area Outdoors
Pet OwnerYes

James HHunter Region, NSW

Absolutely amazing for killing mosquitos

We want to thank you for giving us an alternative to killing mosquitos. We back onto a wet lands area and have a chicken coop and our birds totally appreciate your system. We had a massive mosquito outbreak two nights ago and just emptied the catcher. In two days it was absolutely full of mosquitos and green afids. The odd moth got caught up in the hype but the catcher amazed the birds and they got their revenge when it was emptied out for them to feast on. Crazy..

very good for the price

very easy .. virtually no set up.. just wasn’t what I needed ie does not attract flies.. but great for mozzies and moths

X240Rob

X240RobAPY Lands, SA

Does the job, but not really for mozzies

Quite, easy to install, catches plenty of bugs.
Does not seem to catch to many mozzies.
Catches heaps of moths.

Jkr

JkrSydney

Fantastic device

Purchased this as we live near wetlands. What an absolute lifesaver. Works so well in our patio area we bought a second one for the chicken coup. Probably doesn't cover the 40m as advertised but we just bought a second one. We would catch 100-200 per night. You can stand n outside and not get bitten. Highly recommended. Thanks for a great product gecko.

John S

John S

it says 40m coverage. I think they meant 40mm

Been running this for non stop for a week now. It has caught very few mosquitos so far. It's funny every time I clean the Gecko I am attacked by mosquitos sitting within a meter from it.

The best thing it is good at is to catch lots of moths which.

I am not sure what the claim about 40sqm refers to but it has no very little effect even with 2sqm around it. Further it uses a fan which is so noisy that its constant humming can be heard in the rooms nearby.

Louise

LouiseMelbourne

Purchased for inside the house

ClarkyNewcastle

Now over a Thousand.

I live in a heavily infested mosquito area and each time i clean out the cone trap the sink is black and I'd say around 200 each time is normal.I started with 1 a year ago and now have 4 of these going 24hrs around the house and they are phenomenal-Bunnings have sold out in the Newcastle area as i brought the last 2.

NickToowoomba

Expensive but works.

Bought this a couple of months ago and haven't been bitten since. I've tested it by sitting outside shirtless and in shorts from late afternoon till after dark many times and haven't seen a single mozzie. We'd normally be eaten alive. If there are a lot of insects around it needs to be emptied every other day. If ants crawl up the lead to get the dead insects liberally coat about 200mm of the lead with vaseline. Excellent product.

DavidNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gecko Triple Lure Insect Trapper is expensive but very effective

dwarmoasked

Can the auto on/ off be set to on - ie run it through the day

James H

Yes of course. Not sure why you want to run it all day because the light is what attracts the moths and mosquitos the co2 works but it is more effective when the mosquitos come out to feed at dawn and dusk. The more you run the little fan and the light the less time you have between replacing the globes or even the item itself. The auto is good enough we feel. If throughout the day you get bitten by mosquitos then rid works like a treat. Haven't found an all in one product to do everything for us but this is sufficient for us.

thanks James
in the NQ rainforest we have a little midge sandfly thing that only bites during daylight and they are driving me nuts . Mozzie coils dont work, citronella doesnt work, and the other UV type attract zappers dont work either. I think they are attracted to the CO2. so this is my last resort apart from a fan and personal repellent. May have to put a stocking over the bottom as they would probably get through that mesh.

Eckyasked

Is anyone else's fan noisy on this unit? I thought it was supposed to be almost silent

Hi
Normally no but moths etc do get caught up in slots and rub against fan.Units require fairly regular cleanning in peak seasons.

Nick

If larger moths get trapped between the fan and the grill and are hitting the fan it can be quite noisy. I have snipped out alternate radial members from the outside ring under the fan and this lets more moths through to the mesh cone. However even when the fan is clear it does make an audible whirring noise if you are within about 5 metres. The trap has a very large effective area so just move it far enough away so it's not obtrusive. Mine needs emptying at least every other day and amazes me how much it catches.

Ecky

Thank you for responding yes I agree it's probably going to be just the sound of the fan and if I move it away I won't notice it.
But the second fan I got is definitely quieter than the First

CategoryPest Control