Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

See the Best Pest Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bird Gard

Pros

• Infrared motion sensor

• Easy to install

• Light sensor to save on electricity

Cons

• Some may hear the frequency

• Pet OwnerYes (4) · No (3)
jeffkAU

The Bird Gard Possum Deterrent does not work for me

It was installed and permanently on only 3 metres away from a healthy hedge of Star Jasmine which was being kept at about a metre by Ringtail possums..It was on a 33cm pot and definitely facing the right way
After installation the machine appeared to work for a few days and I was optimistic
The possums seem to have become immune to the machine and now after many weeks of rain and good growing conditions the Star Jasmine plants have not grown at all. Any new growth soon disappears. I am a nurseryman with 50 years experience and the plants are well looked after and healthy but extremely hard pruned by the possums

Purchased in December 2020 for $169.00.

Phil Craig
Phil CraigPerth, WA

Brilliant product

Love this stuff it really does do the job it says it is going to do and without fail. I am using it regularly and it never ceases to amaze me the results I get with it.

Infested Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
D Parkinson
D ParkinsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No success

I purchased the Bird Gard a couple of months ago to try and stop ringtail possums destroying my wisteria. I spoke to the company and moved it after it didn’t work in the first position. Still not having any luck. Possums are back every night. Hasn’t made any difference. Very frustrated. I was really hoping it would solve the problem given how positive all the reviews were.

Purchased in September 2020 for $200.00.

Mark V
Mark VFraser 2615, ACT

Worked immediately.

A rose over an arbour was being constantly grazed by a possum. I would get up every morning with possum pee and poo all over my front step and the rose chewed to bare stems.
I put up the Bird Gard Possum Deterent and it worked immediately. Within 4 days my rose has new shoots my door step is clean and the possum has gone on to easierm pickings. THANK YOU!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bird Gard for $170.00.

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Instant Success

I recently installed the Possum Deterrent after putting up with the little devils messing all over my deck and a stone paving area below. The success was instant. After following the clear and simple installation instructions and tips, I was pleased to wake up the next day with no mess to clean up. The unit has been installed now for a week and I gone from having to clean up dozens of possum poo pellets every morning to now none. Could not be happier with the product, and also I found Darren from Bird Gard very helpful when I called and also very responsive following up on the delivery given the recent delays.

No hesitation is recommending Bird Gard

Purchased in April 2020 for $209.00.

ElleSouthwest, VIC

Worked first night - two aggressive possums deterred

Purchased in October 2019 for $209.00.

The CriticSydney, NSW

Solved my Possum Problem

I live near a park with possums who would walk along my fence dropping their business all along the fence line and screeching at night. Since having this they have moved on. I turned it off for a while and my neighbor asked if I was still using it as the possums were eating his oranges. I turned it back on and my neighbors oranges were untouched once again. There are different settings for the frequency so it targets specific pests. My kids can hear it at certain frequencies but it does not bother them. I don’t turn it up full blast and leave it on sensor mode so it’s only activated at night. Ive has it for 3 + years now. Great product.

Purchased in January 2016.

The Critic

Darren I just have it sitting over my electrical outlet in the back yard and unobstructed by plants so no problem there.

Very good

Regards Bird Gard

Happierjack
HappierjackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We still have possums around but they don't eat our trees anymore.

We have been using 2 devices for about 2 years. Prior to that we had lost one Golden Robinia and were about to lose a Mop Top. With help from the company, We hard wired and sited two devices. Possums are still around but no longer dining on our trees.
Some visitors (few) can hear the sound wave and one such visitor is disturbed by it.
I think all of our grandkids can hear it but it disturbs none of them.
Good gear!

Purchased in August 2017.

Mathew
MathewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Effective Device with Quick Results

Great device - very easy to set up.

We had a real possum infestation in our garden - they were eating everything as well as making a huge mess with droppings etc. After installing one unit we noticed results and the possum activity moved as far away from the device as it could. So we then installed a second unit at the opposite end of the yard and this seems to have substantially reduced possum activity at ground level and pushed them higher into the trees.

One issue is that the power adaptor isn't water-proof - not ideal for a device that is advertised as being weather resistant. We've just covered ours in plastic.

Eagle
EagleMelbourne

Very Effective

We installed a Bird Gard Possum Deterrent several months ago to stop the possums from attacking our Japanese maples and found it very effective. We have ordered 2 more since.

Clare
ClareRingwood

Excellent product.

I had problems that possums being eaten my Rosses buds, new growth and it completely stop after installing the possum deterrent in to the garden and it stop all possums coming to the garden.

Doesn't work on possums.

It didn't work for us either. There were two huge possums still sitting in the tree munching the leaves. I then out it in the tree, still they couldn't care less. I give up, nothing works.

Joe
JoeMelbourne

Don't waste your money!!

I bought one of these so called possum deterrents and it had zero impact, I mean ZERO, in fact I reckon it attracted them!
I spoke to the company a few times and did what they suggested (relocating it at several different places), but still nothing. It's supposed to deter rats and mice as well, but last week we caught a large rat in a rat trap only a few metres from the Birdgard device.

I reckon anyone who claims to have success with this product must be a relative of the owner!!

Glen
Glen

Try this.

Noise disturbing to neighbours

I purchased two products. One is working ,but had a neighbour two doors away come to ask me to turn off the device as he could not sleep
with the noise it makes. Now the possum is back, eating the grape vine over my pergola. Not happy. I agree with the review on April 4 2018.

Read more reviews - page 2

Morrie A.
Morrie A.asked

I've got one up in the tree to try and get rid of bats,,will that work please

jeffk

Hasnt kept the ringtail possums away from my Star Jasmine and it was only 3 metres away

andrea r.
andrea r.asked

How successful are the Snake repellers?

ATIF
ATIFasked

I have Indian mynas nesting in my roof. Would this work to get rid of them if installed inside the roof?

btw I have metal roof and hope that won’t be an issue?

See all Bird Gard Possum Deterrent questions

Get an answer from our members and Bird Gard representatives

This is the original possum deterrent with advanced ultrasonics, light & motion sensors. The possum repeller operates on a constant mode and has a built-in motion sensor that activates the possum deterrent when possums move into its infrared coverage zone. The possum repeller is easy to use, set up and maintain.

Possum Deterrent ultrasonics are effective against not only possums but also rats, mice, cats, wallabies and some dogs & birds without harming them.

Features

• 90-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
  • Extra mile support & advice
  • Most advanced ultrasonic possum deterrent on the market
  • Infrared motion sensor
  • Adjustable frequency
  • Weather-resistant
  • Environmentally friendly
  • Easy to install
  • Light sensor to save on electricity
  • Multiple power sources

What reviewers thought

Many people saw instant results while using the product which kept possums out of their property. The product was very simple to install. Some people can hear the frequency which may be uncomfortable.

CategoryPest Control Products