Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

• Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (3)
Phil Craig

Phil CraigPerth, WA

Brilliant product

Love this stuff it really does do the job it says it is going to do and without fail. I am using it regularly and it never ceases to amaze me the results I get with it.

Infested AreaBathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
D Parkinson

D ParkinsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No success

I purchased the Bird Gard a couple of months ago to try and stop ringtail possums destroying my wisteria. I spoke to the company and moved it after it didn’t work in the first position. Still not having any luck. Possums are back every night. Hasn’t made any difference. Very frustrated. I was really hoping it would solve the problem given how positive all the reviews were.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$200.00.

Mark V

Mark VFraser 2615, ACT

Worked immediately.

A rose over an arbour was being constantly grazed by a possum. I would get up every morning with possum pee and poo all over my front step and the rose chewed to bare stems.
I put up the Bird Gard Possum Deterent and it worked immediately. Within 4 days my rose has new shoots my door step is clean and the possum has gone on to easierm pickings. THANK YOU!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bird Gard for A$170.00.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Instant Success

I recently installed the Possum Deterrent after putting up with the little devils messing all over my deck and a stone paving area below. The success was instant. After following the clear and simple installation instructions and tips, I was pleased to wake up the next day with no mess to clean up. The unit has been installed now for a week and I gone from having to clean up dozens of possum poo pellets every morning to now none. Could not be happier with the product, and also I found Darren from Bird Gard very helpful when I called and also very responsive following up on the delivery given the recent delays.

No hesitation is recommending Bird Gard

Purchased in April 2020 for A$209.00.

ElleSouthwest, VIC

Worked first night - two aggressive possums deterred

Purchased in October 2019 for A$209.00.

The CriticSydney, NSW

Solved my Possum Problem

I live near a park with possums who would walk along my fence dropping their business all along the fence line and screeching at night. Since having this they have moved on. I turned it off for a while and my neighbor asked if I was still using it as the possums were eating his oranges. I turned it back on and my neighbors oranges were untouched once again. There are different settings for the frequency so it targets specific pests. My kids can hear it at certain frequencies but it does not bother them. I don’t turn it up full blast and leave it on sensor mode so it’s only activated at night. Ive has it for 3 + years now. Great product.

Purchased in January 2016.

The Critic

Darren I just have it sitting over my electrical outlet in the back yard and unobstructed by plants so no problem there.

Very good

HappierjackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We still have possums around but they don't eat our trees anymore.

We have been using 2 devices for about 2 years. Prior to that we had lost one Golden Robinia and were about to lose a Mop Top. With help from the company, We hard wired and sited two devices. Possums are still around but no longer dining on our trees.
Some visitors (few) can hear the sound wave and one such visitor is disturbed by it.
I think all of our grandkids can hear it but it disturbs none of them.
Good gear!

Purchased in August 2017.

MathewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Effective Device with Quick Results

Great device - very easy to set up.

We had a real possum infestation in our garden - they were eating everything as well as making a huge mess with droppings etc. After installing one unit we noticed results and the possum activity moved as far away from the device as it could. So we then installed a second unit at the opposite end of the yard and this seems to have substantially reduced possum activity at ground level and pushed them higher into the trees.

One issue is that the power adaptor isn't water-proof - not ideal for a device that is advertised as being weather resistant. We've just covered ours in plastic.

Eagle

EagleMelbourne

Very Effective

We installed a Bird Gard Possum Deterrent several months ago to stop the possums from attacking our Japanese maples and found it very effective. We have ordered 2 more since.

Clare

ClareRingwood

Excellent product.

I had problems that possums being eaten my Rosses buds, new growth and it completely stop after installing the possum deterrent in to the garden and it stop all possums coming to the garden.

Doesn't work on possums.

It didn't work for us either. There were two huge possums still sitting in the tree munching the leaves. I then out it in the tree, still they couldn't care less. I give up, nothing works.

Joe

JoeMelbourne

Don't waste your money!!

I bought one of these so called possum deterrents and it had zero impact, I mean ZERO, in fact I reckon it attracted them!
I spoke to the company a few times and did what they suggested (relocating it at several different places), but still nothing. It's supposed to deter rats and mice as well, but last week we caught a large rat in a rat trap only a few metres from the Birdgard device.

I reckon anyone who claims to have success with this product must be a relative of the owner!!

Glen

Glen

Try this.

Noise disturbing to neighbours

I purchased two products. One is working ,but had a neighbour two doors away come to ask me to turn off the device as he could not sleep
with the noise it makes. Now the possum is back, eating the grape vine over my pergola. Not happy. I agree with the review on April 4 2018.

Graeme B

Graeme BMelbourne

I am not sure this works for possums but the noise is very disturbing to neighbours.

I had hoped the sound from this variable frequency unit would all be ultrasonic unfortunately the range is very audible and makes it quite unsuitable for a suburban operation. It is a pity this simple fact was not explained in the product specifications or I might have saved the considerable purchase price.

Good Service, Jury Still Out on Product

On the strength of 71 reviews, and most being positive, we purchased a Bird Gard Possum Deterrent.
But so far, no impact on possums. They still treat our courtyard as a Club Med for possums, and I am sure the ultrasonic sound just gives them background music to party by. So not yet a happy shopper.
To be fair, they do say Bird Gard can take up to 3 weeks to work, so we await with interest.
Interestingly, my similar review on Bird Gard's website does not seem to have been published.

Deb

Deb

Great service and product

Darren from Bird Gard was very prompt and went above and beyond to help us with an operational issue (not a fault) we had with our possum deterrent device, all sorted now. We are pleased with the outcome and the device appears to be protecting the area we needed it to. We are glad we went down this track.

Effective possum deterent

Works well to deter possums from our garden and our neighbors garden. It keeps them off the roof as well.
We now have beautiful roses and veggies that remain untouched.

Great help in making possums' life difficult

Really brilliantly effective product

This really works! Super effective at deterring possums and other similar critters. Even our neighbours are grateful!

The guys at Bird Gard are also super helpful and friendly in advising what is needed and helping ensure the setup is just right.

I did have a problem that after about 2 years the power adaptor died, but that's not really their fault, and easily replaced.

Would definitely recommend.

ATIF

ATIFasked

I have Indian mynas nesting in my roof. Would this work to get rid of them if installed inside the roof?

btw I have metal roof and hope that won’t be an issue?

Shauna G.

Shauna G.asked

Hello, I was wondering if the possum repeller would annoy small children at all. I have an 18 month old and so want to ensure this would not affect her or any future newborn children. Thanks.

Mathew

It will depend on the individual. The device emits a very high frequency sound and I find that I can hear it and it does irritate me after a while, however the rest of my family can't hear it. We only have the device come on at once it's dark (when the possums are out) so it isn't an issue.

Happierjack

I understand that most young children are able to hear it. Our grandchildren can and it doesn't drive them away....... unfortunately (smile). I now wear hearing aids and can hear it. Doesn't annoy me either. I guess if the children, or me for that matter stayed in the zone of the noise, it could be troublesome but you do have to take care on targetting the device for it to be effective. Further, you could hook it up to a timing device to only operate after twilight. I when littlies should be in bed and possums go looking for food. Good luck.

Hi Shauna
Both Mathew and Happierjack have shared their own experiences. The Possum Deterrent emits high frequency sound. The average person will hear something if they are close, but they don't hear the high frequency sound that repels possums. However some people who have good high frequency hearing can hear it and don't always like. Like Mathew says it depends on the individual. The younger you are the more likely you'll have good high frequency hearing. Happierjack explains his grand children can hear but aren't that bothered by it. In other cases children don't like it so best to keep it turned off to after they are asleep. The possum deterrent comes with a 90 day money back guarantee.

Chris Platis.

Chris Platis.asked

My problem is possums in my tiled roof.
If I place the possum deterrent outside, facing back at the roof. In constant mode. Do the ultrasonic waves pass through the tiles or do I need to install it into the roof.
Thanks.

Mathew

The waves don't pass through the tiles, so by having it outside it would actually encourage the possums to move away from the device and probably back to a save haven (ie inside the roof). So to flush them out of the roof you'd need the device inside it

Hello Chris
Mathew is correct, to repel possums from inside a roof space, the device also needs to be inside the roof space. The question is where do you put the device ?. Most people will target where they think the possums are getting in OR where they hear them the most OR where they think the possums sleep during the day. One device has a max range of 10 metres when used inside a roof space. This means one device cant cover an entire roof space, but one device is often successful

Get an answer from our members and Bird Gard representatives