Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

Bird Gard Possum Deterrent

See the Best Pest Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bird Gard

Pros

Infrared motion sensor
Easy to install
Light sensor to save on electricity

Cons

Some may hear the frequency

• Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (7)

Ian Yeates
Ian YeatesSydney, NSW

Bird gard just does what they claim it will

Tried Bird Gard and tried the cheap pretenders - there's only 1 that works and my possums hate our Bird Gards. When I had some questions, Darren and the team at Bird Gard patiently answered all of the questions clearly and completely.

Purchased in for $500.

Darren S.Bird GardSend a private message

Works well and excellent customer service

Very good product. Works much better than similar ones on the market. Very good instructions came with the product and excellent quick responding customer service. If you have a possum problem I highly recommend this product.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Infested Area Outdoors
  • Pet OwnerNo
JWMWJWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed, does not work.

Positioned them on the fence facing the direct line of the possums & they walked right over the top of them. Tried different ways, different locations. No luck. Can not recommend.

JWMWJW

Hi, Yes we troubled shooted together without any luck. Cousin bought this product as well and he had no luck with deterring the possums either. Sorry, can't recommend this product at all but the support service was good.

Appears to work 2nd time but faulty first time and cost me extra in postage for a faulty product

Product was faulty. Rang supplier - helpful in trouble shooting at 7.30pm at night . Product returned and cost me $20 in postage which was never refunded or offer to compensate for faulty product. Disappointing as most companies would offer to cover this cost for a faulty product. Have noticed the same product for half the price at Kogan. I would suggest you try the exact thing that is advertised at Kogan for less than 50% of the cost and see if it works for you. Better to spend $60 odd than $240. Bought from Bird Gard Australia.

Purchased in for $240.

LDT
LDT

Hi thank you for your response and the explanation. I appreciate it. I will privately email you in regards to the refund.

Marianne
MarianneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t waste your money

Does not work, most overpriced, overhyped piece of plastic I have purchased. Only thing this would deter is humans so damn noisy, apparently the pesky pigeons don't mind the noise. Don't waste your time and money on this product.

Purchased in for $300.

jeffkAU

The Bird Gard Possum Deterrent does not work for me

It was installed and permanently on only 3 metres away from a healthy hedge of Star Jasmine which was being kept at about a metre by Ringtail possums..It was on a 33cm pot and definitely facing the right way
After installation the machine appeared to work for a few days and I was optimistic
The possums seem to have become immune to the machine and now after many weeks of rain and good growing conditions the Star Jasmine plants have not grown at all. Any new growth soon disappears. I am a nurseryman with 50 years experience and the plants are well looked after and healthy but extremely hard pruned by the possums

Purchased in for $169.

Hi Jeff
It took a while but we finally worked out how to respond to your review. As before sorry to hear the device didn't work for you. You returned the device and a refund was paid

Phil Craig
Phil CraigPerth, WA

Brilliant product

Love this stuff it really does do the job it says it is going to do and without fail. I am using it regularly and it never ceases to amaze me the results I get with it.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Infested Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
D Parkinson
D ParkinsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No success

I purchased the Bird Gard a couple of months ago to try and stop ringtail possums destroying my wisteria. I spoke to the company and moved it after it didn’t work in the first position. Still not having any luck. Possums are back every night. Hasn’t made any difference. Very frustrated. I was really hoping it would solve the problem given how positive all the reviews were.

Purchased in for $200.

Mark V
Mark VFraser 2615, ACT

Worked immediately.

A rose over an arbour was being constantly grazed by a possum. I would get up every morning with possum pee and poo all over my front step and the rose chewed to bare stems.
I put up the Bird Gard Possum Deterent and it worked immediately. Within 4 days my rose has new shoots my door step is clean and the possum has gone on to easierm pickings. THANK YOU!

Purchased in at Bird Gard for $170.

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Instant Success

I recently installed the Possum Deterrent after putting up with the little devils messing all over my deck and a stone paving area below. The success was instant. After following the clear and simple installation instructions and tips, I was pleased to wake up the next day with no mess to clean up. The unit has been installed now for a week and I gone from having to clean up dozens of possum poo pellets every morning to now none. Could not be happier with the product, and also I found Darren from Bird Gard very helpful when I called and also very responsive following up on the delivery given the recent delays.

No hesitation is recommending Bird Gard

Purchased in for $209.

ElleSouthwest, VIC

Worked first night - two aggressive possums deterred

Purchased in for $209.

The CriticSydney, NSW

Solved my Possum Problem

I live near a park with possums who would walk along my fence dropping their business all along the fence line and screeching at night. Since having this they have moved on. I turned it off for a while and my neighbor asked if I was still using it as the possums were eating his oranges. I turned it back on and my neighbors oranges were untouched once again. There are different settings for the frequency so it targets specific pests. My kids can hear it at certain frequencies but it does not bother them. I don’t turn it up full blast and leave it on sensor mode so it’s only activated at night. Ive has it for 3 + years now. Great product.

The Critic

Darren I just have it sitting over my electrical outlet in the back yard and unobstructed by plants so no problem there.

Very good

Happierjack
HappierjackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We still have possums around but they don't eat our trees anymore.

We have been using 2 devices for about 2 years. Prior to that we had lost one Golden Robinia and were about to lose a Mop Top. With help from the company, We hard wired and sited two devices. Possums are still around but no longer dining on our trees.
Some visitors (few) can hear the sound wave and one such visitor is disturbed by it.
I think all of our grandkids can hear it but it disturbs none of them.
Good gear!

Mathew
MathewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Effective Device with Quick Results

Great device - very easy to set up.

We had a real possum infestation in our garden - they were eating everything as well as making a huge mess with droppings etc. After installing one unit we noticed results and the possum activity moved as far away from the device as it could. So we then installed a second unit at the opposite end of the yard and this seems to have substantially reduced possum activity at ground level and pushed them higher into the trees.

One issue is that the power adaptor isn't water-proof - not ideal for a device that is advertised as being weather resistant. We've just covered ours in plastic.

Eagle
EagleMelbourne

Very Effective

We installed a Bird Gard Possum Deterrent several months ago to stop the possums from attacking our Japanese maples and found it very effective. We have ordered 2 more since.

John Casked

Hello, we have a possum problem. They are in our roof cavity (which is small as we have a flat roof) we hear them at night leaving the cavity and exiting from the roof to near by trees. The return (like clockwork and squeeze into the cavity to (I assume sleep) all day. I think their entry point to our home is above a bedroom, so can you recommend device ? Would it be in the roof or outside?

John

John C

what if there are some obstacles - rafters and timber joists etc, interfering in this direct line, its complicated up there ?

Darren S.Bird GardSend a private message

All these things come into play when repelling possums. Think of the high frequency sound/ultrasonics as being like a beam of light, if something blocks it a sound shadow is created.

carmen l.
carmen l.asked

Hi There, I am often hearing a very high pitched sound intermittent at night and sometimes very high pitched which seems like it is coming from a neighbours place -how far does the frequency travel for both a possum deterrent and a bird deterrent? Are there laws regarding use of these in urban settings. Also is hearing this constant high pitch frequency damaging for human ears? Also are these deterrents remotely controlled and how long does the battery last before it needs recharging? Also if my neighbour does use a device like this what will block the signal to stop it coming into my place? Thanks Alot Carmen

Morrie A.
Morrie A.asked

I've got one up in the tree to try and get rid of bats,,will that work please

jeffk

Hasnt kept the ringtail possums away from my Star Jasmine and it was only 3 metres away

See all Bird Gard Possum Deterrent questions

Get an answer from our members and Bird Gard representatives

This is the original possum deterrent with advanced ultrasonics, light & motion sensors. The possum repeller operates on a constant mode and has a built-in motion sensor that activates the possum deterrent when possums move into its infrared coverage zone. The possum repeller is easy to use, set up and maintain.

Possum Deterrent ultrasonics are effective against not only possums but also rats, mice, cats, wallabies and some dogs & birds without harming them.

Features

• 90-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
  • Extra mile support & advice
  • Most advanced ultrasonic possum deterrent on the market
  • Infrared motion sensor
  • Adjustable frequency
  • Weather-resistant
  • Environmentally friendly
  • Easy to install
  • Light sensor to save on electricity
  • Multiple power sources

What reviewers thought

Many people saw instant results while using the product which kept possums out of their property. The product was very simple to install. Some people can hear the frequency which may be uncomfortable.

CategoryPest Control Products