Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

See the Best Pest Control in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Works very well on household ants in SE Queensland

We put small amounts of the gel along ant trails and within minutes they encircle it and take it away apparently killing the nest. Sometimes ants of the same or a different type are seen exploring along the old trails and with the application of a bit more gel they disappear as well. Great stuff, too expensive, however, when you can't locate the nest for a good spray with liquid ant poison it is the next best option.

Purchased in December 2018 for $8.00.

Infested Area Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors

Deb8177

Deb8177Melbourne

The Ants didn't touch it!

Squeezed it out in a few different places. Even into the gap where the ants were coming from. Not one ant went near it. The stuff just dried up and the ants continued on. Another waste of money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $7.00.

Infested Area Kitchen
Reg

RegSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cost of product.

Yes it seems to have some effect in reducing the infestation but my gripe is the price for such a minute quantity. Please Selleys, market a bigger pack at a more reasonable cost per gram.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

Infested Area Outdoors
Pet OwnerNo
MikeG

MikeGSouth West, WA

Didn't work for me

We have tiny ants, they ignored Talon ant killer. I tested their preference with a number of different flavours from the kitchen. They weren't attracted to vegemite, honey, worcestershire sauce or Talon ant killer. They were somewhat attracted to BBQ sauce but went ape over peanut butter. I'm currently trying peanut butter and boric acid mixture. I also found that Talon ant killer dried up to a hard lump after a day.

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested Area Bathroom, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors

Dwayne C.

Dwayne C.South East Queensland, QLD

The only product that works

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $9.00.

Infested Area Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Pet OwnerNo

Debbie K.

Debbie K.Sydney, NSW

It really works.

The packing is changed to black unlike the photo above. I applied it indoor and outdoor at about noon. The ants were all gone in the evening. Thanks for the reviews in this website.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Infested Area Kitchen and Outdoors
Pet OwnerYes

The only complaint comes from the ants

We were suffering the worst infestation of ants in our house in thirty years. After a few simple applications of Sellys Talon, there isn’t an ant to be seen in the house. Well done Sellys!

Sherree

SherreeQLD, 4211

The only thing that’s worked to kill ant infestation

Mark

MarkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outstanding product. Instant results

Overall this is a great product. I'm from Adelaide and we have experienced a huge ant influx during Summer. I used ant-rid baits and the ants had no interest. I used ant-rid liquid and it had some effect but they kept coming.

I used this at 8:00am and instantly all the ants were attracted to it. In the first hour the number of ants greatly increased, however by 2:00pm all the ants were gone.

Genuinely recommend this product.

Murray

MurrayCaloundra

Works but I need more than a sample pack.

I seem to be living in the ant capital of the world. The gel works pretty quickly but 5g tubes make it a joke when there are hundreds of nests within 5 metres of the house. This is nothing unusual on Queenslands Sunshine coast. A new nest of ants are always on the search.
The gel is not great on porous surfaces like paths and brickwork. It is great for overhead use.

Is there a source of larger sizes?

HelenC

HelenCFar North Queensland, QLD

Black ant problem in the bedroom in Cairns.

We have a bad black ant problem in our house here in Cairns. We found where they were coming and going from our air conditioner and sealed up the hole in the block wall but now they are in the built-in wardrobe. My husband bought some Talon Ant Killer Gel so I thought I would use it this morning were they are tracking but at this stage they seem to walk around and over but no interest shown. The product is easy to use and I will give it time to see if the ants go. Stay tuned I will let you know if I have success but at this stage I have to wonder.
Note before this I used Boric Acid but no success.

Works amazing!

Iv spent hundreds of dollars on different types of ant killer and this is the only thing that works for me and it’s so cheap! Definitely recommend to anyone with an ant problem

Sue

SueBrisbane

In some areas it just doesn’t work

I have used Talon Ant Killer in Brisbane with some success. The ants in Brisbane were also attracted to Borax mixture but Talon worked better. Ok.
In North Queensland the ants just walk around Talon as they walk around Borax mixtures. I am desperate. So Talon seems to work in some areas on some ants but also is completely useless in other areas. Expensive and useless - sometimes.

R2R0

R2R0South East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable, does the job.

I had tiny ants coming in to the walls from outside the house, I follow the instructions and it took a day to see results, less ants for a couple of weeks, about the third week all gone! Amazing product. Too easy to apply!!!

Troy H.

Troy H.

Seems to be working!

tomh

tomhAU

Avoided by Queensland ants

Tried to get rid of small (~4mm) dark brown ants in a suburb of Brisbane, but after laying 5mm portions of the gel:
The trail of ants gathered around the gel and became frenzied,
then within an hour covered the gel in small bits of dried vegetation,
and then continued their trails as before, ignoring the Talon gel.
- so for me the Talon Ant Killer Gel did not work.
Other 'Nest/Queen killing' solutions using white discs also did not work.

Sparrow

Sparrow

So far, so good!

Had a constant stream of black ants running up an outside wall into the roof space.
Spent quite a bit on various sprays and ant treatments none of which provided very satisfactory results.
Tried Talon Ant Killer Gel several days ago and haven't seen an ant in the problem area since.
The gel IS expensive, but in my case seems to have worked well.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Early days but seems to be turning the tide!

Woody

WoodySydney, NSW

It works!

As previously used Ant-Rid and it didn't work, did some research and try this Talon Gel.
Put a few drops near the ant trial, they eat it and disappear only hours after. Never come back
Seems like it works so far and I am happy with the result

RobMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Annoying ants begone!

I used this product on numerous occasions and I have to say this works! Where I live there is multiple colonies of tiny black ants when I use a few small dabs in a few hours there are only few ants left! I recommend to any person who is having issues inside and out

Ros L.

Ros L.asked

Is it toxic to pets?
My kitten ate some.

John L
John L

Sorry, I wouldn't know anything about that.

Pat S

Pat Sasked

Is it available at IGA?

ELJAY
ELJAY

I have found different IGA stores stock different items. I would suggest perhaps ringing the stores in your area.

In the IGA where I live it is avaliable

Jim

Jimasked

Is this gel safe if ingested? We stayed in accomodation last night and whilst preparing our dinner realised the kitchen bench top had this gel spread across the preparation area. We disposed of the food that had been in contact, and were told by apartment manager it was harmless but should have been used by cleaners, in cupboards rather than on top of food prep areas. Management have cleaned up kitchen benches this morning. Is it safe for this type of application? what is the active constituent?
Jim

Mrs Smith
Mrs Smith

Yikes!!!. It is very expensive I would be surprised if the spread it around very far. How are you feeling today????.

Lindam
Lindam

If it kills ant nests I wouldn't consider it harmless!! The packaging says "Don't use in areas accessable to kids & pets & do not allow to contact food pet food or their water. If you have any doubt contact poison info centre 131126. active contstiuent 0.1m/kg Thiamethoxam

Get an answer from our members and Talon representatives

CategoryPest Control