Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

• Pet OwnerYes (13) · No (10)
Movie Buf

Movie BufIllawarra, NSW

Best I have found for black ants.

Easy to use and effective when used as per directions. I have only had success with black ants where it worked perfectly. Not useful for brown ants. I am still looking for something that does work with brown ants.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$10.00.

Carol and Alan Benussi

Carol and Alan BenussiCentral Queensland, QLD

This is fantastic

used this inside and outside house also in pot plants had great success rate need to place in path of ants
Would definitely recommend this product
Easy to use no mess

Purchased in September 2020 at green shed yeppoon for A$11.95.

Infested AreaBathroom and Outdoors

not worth the money

We had small infestation in our Bathroom we used this product with hopes that it will do job but after 2 weeks the problem become even bigger now move to other areas of our house .
We clear everything removed any food or possible attraction for the ants put bits on all of there trails and gel nothing now looking to contact a specialist.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen

K M

K MCairns

It works.

I had an ant infestation on my balcony and kitchen. They were everywhere. I tried the usual surface sprays which did absolutely nothing unless sprayed directly on to the ants.

I found Talon Ant Killer Gel at Bunnings and decided to give it a try. I put 1cm strips of it in several places both inside and outside. A few ants came to take the bait and I really didn't think it was working. 24 hours later I noticed hundreds of dead ants on the kitchen floor and outside. The unwelcome live ants stopped appearing at the same time and now, two weeks after the first application of the gel I still haven't seen any live ants since then. However I am finding hundreds of dead ones gathered together on the floor every morning so it continues to work.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen and Outdoors
Nathan

NathanHobart, TAS

Great product for the price

I had an infestation of small black house ants in the walls recently. I firstly sprayed the outside of the house with surface spray, as there were ants nests outside. This stopped further ants from moving into the walls or allowing another colony from starting up again. The rest of the nest that was inside the walls, I placed the talon ant gel next to the trails inside the house and allowed the ants to eat the bait until it was gone. I had to use nearly the whole syringe and place the bait for multiple days, but it has rid the ants in my house. Very happy with the product and will use it again.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
Anthony

AnthonyNew South Wales

Did not work with tiny brown ants

As stated in other reviews if you have small brown ants, don't bother.

I followed the instructions, put the gel in locations I the ants had been visiting. They came out later and just walked around the gel. One or two showed a bit of interest before continuing on.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for A$7.00.

Higsby

HigsbySouth East Queensland, QLD

The dogs ********

I've tried all sorts but Talon is the only one that works in a short time and lasts for a reasonably long time. Very easy to use. Good bye queen and your little devils.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$8.00.

Penelope S.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic

I have an ant problem and saw the advertisement and bought it to try it out.
If the dogs didn't eat their food the ants would attack the food within the hour.
I would spray with surface spray but they would come back. If I left something on the sink, they would be there. I read the instructions and it said not to leave food around one you put the gel down. So I picked up the dog biscuits and made sure there was no other food.
The ants were gone within a day.
Fantastic stuff.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for A$7.99.

LisaHobart, TAS

Most effective Argentine ant control.

I’ve had a serious Argentine ant problem for years and have spent lots of money and tried everything. Best thing I’ve ever tried. Applied it to base of wheelie bin, by morning far fewer ants yet coming from further afield!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$6.35.

Infested AreaBedroom and Outdoors

MarnzPerth, WA

Best on the market

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for A$8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen and Living/Dining Room
Jay

JayPerth, WA

Only Works on Some Species

If you have small brown ants, try something else!

If you have medium size black ants, this product is irresistible!

I used this product on both the medium sized black and small sized brown ants (same tube, same day, different locations outside).

Worked well on black ants. The small black ants surrounded all the 4 x ~5mm bait stations near the main entrance and gorged themselves. They couldn't stop eating the bait until it was all consumed.

Didn't work on small brown ants!!!
I applied on the paths the small brown ants were using. They then went around the baits and did not consume.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for A$13.00.

DWEL

DWEL

Worked amazingly!

My kitchen was teeming with ants entering through gaps in the window. After I set a few drops along the ant trail and near it's nest, they were gone in a single day! I was so impressed. Still have half of it left even though all the ants are gone. By far the best product I have tried. Even though it's a small amount for quite a lot of money, the amount they give should last a while.

Caz

CazEAST GOSFORD

Didn't attract the ants

I put the Talon ant gel where the small brown ants were coming from and around the cat food bowls they were eating the dry cat food and the wet food too. The ants just walked past the gel so I am looking for something else to kill them

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for A$8.00.

Mark

Mark

Ok but I have used better

Its ok but expensive.
I now use borax powder mixed with sugar or honey.
Borax is still the cheapest and most effective i have seen.
Ant sand is useless against these small black ants they trudge all over it with no effect.
Another very good deterrent is mortein professional spray in a 2.5 litre spray container and Pest Xpert Pro spray crawling that you get from bunnings ..But make sure its the one with the nozzle that flips up and that its the Crawling one not the flying insect one.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Faith2407

Faith2407Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Wish I could give it more stars

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen and Living/Dining Room

Summer48

Summer48Western Australia

Truely amazing!

I have never written a review but always like to read them. The reviews for this ant killer were all positive so I thought I'd give it ago in my garden. I had a large ant trail running between 2 potted plants about 8 meters long. I dotted the gel along the ant trail one evening and by morning, the ants had completely disappeared! It's amazing stuff and super easy to use.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$8.00.

CJ114

CJ114South East Queensland, QLD

Best thing since sliced bread!

Read the reviews here as we had an ant infestation outside and I didn't want them being an annoyance on Christmas day.
Went and bought 2 packs (there was no way one would be enough!) Well, I used the first pack and in half an hour - no more ants! Still have the second pack unopened!

Brilliant product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for A$6.35.

Works very well on household ants in SE Queensland

We put small amounts of the gel along ant trails and within minutes they encircle it and take it away apparently killing the nest. Sometimes ants of the same or a different type are seen exploring along the old trails and with the application of a bit more gel they disappear as well. Great stuff, too expensive, however, when you can't locate the nest for a good spray with liquid ant poison it is the next best option.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Deb8177

Deb8177Melbourne

The Ants didn't touch it!

Squeezed it out in a few different places. Even into the gap where the ants were coming from. Not one ant went near it. The stuff just dried up and the ants continued on. Another waste of money.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$7.00.

Reg

RegSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cost of product.

Yes it seems to have some effect in reducing the infestation but my gripe is the price for such a minute quantity. Please Selleys, market a bigger pack at a more reasonable cost per gram.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for A$8.00.

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products