Pestrol Rodent Free

Pestrol Rodent Free

• Pet OwnerYes (23) · No (13)

KLC

KLCPerth, WA

Great product and great company to deal with

Living in a rural area we were always battling with keeping the rats and mice out, using Baits worked but left dead rodents in the roof or walls which caused very unpleasant odours. I was reluctant to try these but I am glad we did as we have seen a massive drop off in the number of mice. We have a larger house so I bought an extra unit to make sure we got the coverage. I even put one in my shed and that has seen the same result.
In addition to the product working well we had one unit stop working, we contacted Pestrol and it was just replaced straight away with no fuss.

Purchased in October 2020.

banterSydney, NSW

Who Needs the Pied Piper?

Purchased in February 2021 for $99.00.

Marc M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

didn't work, rubbish don't buy

still had mice in my house months after installing, pestrol didn't give a refund as their site says they will.
rubbish product. I suggest you do not buy this product.

Purchased in September 2020 for $200.00.

Rianias

Rianias

Mice plague bonanza

Prior to getting this we would be catching 10 - 15 mice every night. We have a 3 bedroom country home, so we got 2 devices and after only about 2 weeks none of the traps have been catching any mice. We don't see them anymore in the house. Very happy and definitely recommend.

Purchased in February 2021.

Greg Lake

Greg LakeSouthwest, VIC

I'm a huge fan !

Purchased in March 2021 at pestrol for $149.00.

Andy NSW

Andy NSWSydney, NSW

We have a lot of mice around our property currently

The true test for this little gadget has just been in the last month, we have got big problems on our property with the current outbreak of these little fury creatures. To be fair the unit has worked well and we haven't need to place baits around, only in our outdoor areas or other smaller dwellings on the property, I may have to get more for these. Cheers

Purchased in March 2020.

Julie

JulieSydney, NSW

Prestrol Rodent free units did not work for me!

The Pestrol Rodent free units were not successful in ridding our house of rodents. After contacting Pestrol and numerous communications and negotiations Pestrol took the honourable action and refunded my money. Thank you Pestrol.

Purchased in December 2018 for $226.10.

Aparentlthey they are only effective for a short ime.

I bought one of these units.. It arrived damaged and Pestrol were great at sending a repacement. I had it in the garage however after a while I noticed that I had a rat problem back again. Have spoken to a local outlet that also sells Pestrol products and he said that after a short time they become ineffective as the rodents get used to them.

Purchased in January 2020 for $90.00.

Michael Williams
Michael Williams

I have one unit in a 6m x 6m shed

Do not waste your money

Purchased two of these units to get rid of mice, did not do anything, the mice still getting into the cupboards. Had to bait them to get rid of them, also had no effect on bugs and cockroaches. They are still in the same places.

Purchased in September 2020 for $200.00.

Peter Scott

Peter ScottPerth, WA

A complete failure

I purchased the Pestrol Rodent free product because I had evidence of rat visitations. I had two units and deployed both to deal with the problem. they had no effect whatsoever. I even set up security cameras and caught vision of the rate happily scooting around the area where the units where supposedly operating. In the end I purchased some baits and the rat did not return. I thought oh well at least I can plug one in in the kitchen to keep cockroaches away. Then a big flying cockroach appeared on my sink less that two metres from the Petrol unit. I though what a waste of time and electricity. I tried to get my money back but guess what? No go.
Don't waste your money on these things.

Purchased in January 2020 for $190.00.

Injured Worker

Injured WorkerSydney, NSW

False Advertising

I bought 3 of these so called ultrasonic crap.
2 new ones this year cause i thought the first one was damaged, but there crap, all [Irrelevant Content Removed] and the excuse they use about how your wiring is set up in your walls and roof, it's been proven that most ultrasonic plug ins sold are fake and really you have to do the old fashioned way with bait and traps and poison.
I asked for a refund they said 100 days is over so NO refund, i will be taking this matter to fair trading cause i am sick of [Irrelevant Content Removed]

Purchased in August 2020 for $250.00.

MozzSouth West, QLD

Rats love it !

Bought one of these 'premium' units $99 plugged it in under the house due to rats etc. So a few months later found in my car, not 2 meters from this wonderful unit, a large rat nest with a very large rat looking rather healthy.....0 stars if I could

Purchased in October 2019 at From Pestrol for $99.00.

Mozz

Hi the unit was plugged into a powerpoint facing the vehicles under the house. The setting was full strength both lights (red/green) flashing. So not sure what else could be done there.

Peter

PeterMelbourne

Works for us.

Purchased in January 2020 for $207.00.

Thanks Peter.

Murray McDonald

Murray McDonaldSouth West, WA

Didn't work and no help

We bought a rodent free around 12mths ago and never worked, all lights on but no one home!
After 2 call and months later we received a battery repeller which made no difference.
I have rang and spoken to them 2 more times and still Nothing Has been done. Last time they said they will ring me back with a salution, that was months ago and im still waiting!
All i can say is good product in theory, very poor service when something goes wrong so GOOD LUCK

Purchased in September 2019.

Fantastic service

I recently bought a mesh kit to install around solar panels to prevent birds nesting under the panels. Before ordering, I asked Carl quite a few technical questions about the product. He answered them in a very professional and knowledgeable way. He was also very patient and obliging, when I had some difficulty transferring money from my NZ bank to Australia. With suggestions from Carl, the transaction was finally completed. I was then pleasantly surprised to receive the product soon after, considering possible COVID-19 related delays.
The product was the only one I could find that met my specifications, to deter small birds without puncturing the roof to attach the mesh.

Purchased in July 2020 for $319.00.

Nicci.PSouthwest, VIC

Not up to reasonable expectations

We purchased 3 of these units approximately 2 years ago. One stopped working and when we contacted Pestrol customer service we were fobbed off. The fellow said (and I quote), "The units only last about 12 months, you could try turning it off and waiting 24 hours before trying it again but it sounds like it's pretty much stuffed." When I asked if Pestrol would replace our unit we were given an unequivocal..NO.
The unit would have actually been plugged in and used for about 8 months total. The response from Pestrol customer service falls way short of the mark.

Purchased in March 2018 at Direct from Pestrol for $199.00.

Nicci.P

I waz contacted by Carl from Pestrol customer service who apologised for his colleagues behaviour, reassured me about their product and immediately issued a replacement unit.
5 Stars plus for the excellent response.

Max K.

Max K.Sydney, NSW

Needs checking every couple of days

I've purchased Ultrasound 360 repeller online on Petrol Australia website. The transaction was smooth and the delivery was fast. But the unit has a loose connection with the cord and therefore the unit disconnects from the power by itself occasionally. This means having to access the roof cavity every second day to check/connect the unit. My impression is this unit needs to be paired with the repellent which uses home wiring to achieve the effectiveness

Purchased in June 2020 at Pestrol Australia website for $149.00.

Stephen J.Pestrol

Hi Max, please call us, that is not good enough, the product should not disconnect and if it was mine it would not be satisfactory. Look forward to helping you out with this. Pestrol Team

sarah

sarah

So far so good

Purchased in March 2020.

Stephen J.Pestrol

Thanks Sarah, great to hear you have sorted your rodent problem. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future.

Pestrol Team

Glenn

GlennPerth, WA

Um was hesitant

I don't believe it, had rats and mice running all over my ceiling, since I plugged it in I have heard nothing, I'm a believer, it seems to be working

Purchased in June 2020 for $119.00.

Shaun

ShaunSydney, NSW

Highly effective, easy to use product!

For the past few weeks, I had a few rodents sneaking around my house walls, causing damage and making noises loud enough to bother my cats. Bought one rodent free last week and left it on during the night. Been sleeping good ever since!

Purchased in April 2020 for $119.00.

Stephen J.Pestrol

Thanks, Shaun, often cats can't get into there secret hiding places, thankfully the technology can, glad you are getting the desired results.

Pestrol Team

Hrh B.asked

Hi Guys

Could you please advise which unit I also need for my enclosed back varandah? I have a rat/s out there, which has access to the ceiling and inside one wall.

The varandah is essentially just like a back room, which runs the entire length of the house, and I enter into via my laundry door. It has no external power outlet, though it's southern wall is shared by my kitchen, laundry and bathroom.. though that wall DOES have an electrical grid in it.
Will the varandah be covered by the inside units, or do I need to buy an extra battery powered unit to sit out there as well?

Many thanks

Marc M.

I wouldn't buy the product, I found them to be rubbish, didn't work.

Hrh B.

And have you found a product which does work.. Apart from trapping and baiting, that is?

banter

It certainly worked for me.... at first I thought it was a gimmick, but right on the 4 weeks predicted my cats were catching mice right left and centre - 5 all ready. As per the specifications, best you talk to Pestrol - they are the experts.

Greenwing

Greenwingasked

One of the Pestrol units makes an annoying alarm sound a number of times a day - has only started recently

banter

I'm sorry, I've not experienced this and don't have the expert knowledge needed. I recommend that you contact Pestrol directly. I have found them to be very responsive.

Hey Greenwing,

Could I confirm which unit you're experience the trouble with so I can get that sorted for you?

Would you happen to have your original order number/invoice number so I can grab all the details?

Please let me know!

Cheers,

Marc M.

I am not surprised you are having problems with it, I bought 2 and found them to be rubbish.

Debasked

The lights on my Pestrol 4 in 1 plug in unit only flash amber and red. Should the green light be on? Can I access a manual online?

Hey Deb,

The green light doesn't shine as bright as the other two lights on the machine, covering it with your hand should tell whether it's shining or not. The Amber and Red lights flashing are normal. So long as that switch on the side of the unit is pushed all the way down you should be all systems go!

I don't believe I can attach a copy of the manual here on Product Review, but if you send us an email to info@pestrol.com.au, any of our friendly customer service team should be able to send one to you!

Cheers

Deb

Thank you for replying so promptly, I checked as you suggested and the green light is glowing, just not very brightly so all is well. I’ll chase up the manual by email as you suggest. Many thanks

Hey Deb,

No worries, we'll keep an eye out for that and send it through once received!

Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Pestrol representatives

CategoryPest Control Products