Listing monitored by Gem Energy

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (10)
  • Purchase Price$36,226.00
Francois
FrancoisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great on installation, gross on service

Installation process went well but we have had repeated system issues and find that the customer service is absolutely lacking. The promised "monitoring" of the system did not eventuate either and it was up to me (the customer) to 1. find out that there was an error/s and 2. get on to GemEnergy to fix it.

Highly recommended!

Highly recommended! Gave us a very competitive quote and quick installation on our solar system. Garrett replied to our enquiry very promptly and spent the time to answer all of our questions and customise the system features to best match our needs. Sofia was very helpful in coordinating the installation and always kept us regularly updated. Shashank and his team did a great job of the installation. They didn't rush and placed all of the connections neatly and completely cleaned up after they were finished the job. Top job! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend GEM energy, thanks again!

Peter R.
Peter R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great panels, great service, great install!

We contacted Gem after a friend told us about their new solar system that Gem installed.
The sales person was polite and factual and was happy to take the time to explain why he recommended certain components and how the system would work.
After a quick google I found out that they also did Australia Zoo and the Brisbane convention center and that sealed the deal
We chose Sunpower panels and a Fronius inverter and the system looks AWESOME.
Sophie (the install manager kept me up to date through the process too)

Would highly recommend 11/10

Rodney M.
Rodney M.South East Queensland, QLD

Responsive when selling......but beware if you have any issues once paid!

Recommend going elsewhere as no assistance once a job is signed off and they have been paid!
Installation team are great to deal with.....the new power meter failed in December 2019......it took GEM 3 weeks+ to diagnose this and then 2 weeks to replace, have called their customer service many times for updates and never any information nor do I get a return call despite commitment to call back with an update, now due to tardy response times the Solax battery has fully discharged and needs warranty replacement......this was confirmed 2 weeks ago, still waiting despite Gem’s advice there are spare batteries available in country. Very poor!

Catherine BNE.
Catherine BNE.South East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointing

The job was left half done for 9 days. I had a stack of 15 solar panels in my office until they returned. When I contacted the company about this (among other issues) I was told it was within their normal modus operandi and I would not be receiving any offer of good will for my stress and inconvenience. After the job was finished, I employed a professional builder to check my roof. He said the panels were were installed well but he found six more tiles broken (on top of the 10-12 they had already had to replace).
I found the company tough and stressful to deal with and am glad it's over!

Awesome

This is the second install I have had done by Gem - great price, good products, awesome service and installers!!

Strongly recommend Gem for domestic and also commercial installs.... no one better!

Mike R.
Mike R.South East Queensland, QLD

GEM is the best solar provider, EVER!

From the start of my research, Vincent was fantastic in providing quick quotes on prices and options that were easy to understand and helpful in making a decision. Once I made my deposit, Jordan was nothing short of exceptional, helping me to get things organized at every turn. Shes still helping me even upon install completion with firmware updates and providing me with any information I require. Jayden and the GEM install team were punctual, professional and very easy to deal with during the install. I cant say enough good things about Jordan, Vincent or Jayden. I am an extremely happy customer and wouldn't go with anyone else for a solar install!!

Paul M.
Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

Inspect items before they land on your roof

Wayne
WayneNorth Queensland, QLD

Hassle Free and Great Value

From start to finish GEM Energy have been nothing but friendly and professional. Never too long to reply to a question and always made an effort to ensure our satisfaction and understanding of procedings.

Nothing to complain about here. Hassle free in every regard. 10/10 in every category.

Thanks for looking after us!

Gabi
Gabi

Solar installed

Jay who initially contacted us and helped us with quotes and information and set it all up for us was great, for some reason after he did his bit we did have communication issues, ie we had to chase it. The installation was later then we got told but that was due to everybody being extremely busy and due to the distance the installers had to travel to site from their home base. The installation was done professionally and in one day, the guys were great.
All around thank you Gem Energy a job well done.

Katrina L.
Katrina L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Hayden, Sophie and the install team were professional from start to finish. We were informed at every step what to expect and we were extremely happy with the solar system. Definitely would recommend Gem Energy for anyone looking for a solar energy system.

Dodgy Installer

Be aware dodgy solar installer! Words of warning to all pass customers to check your solar panels to see if the wattage per panel is what is on your original contract when you sign to get it installed. I sign up to get 320w per panel x 20, what was installed on my roof was 310w per panel x 20. I only found out when I was about to sign the STC form.

After back and forth communication and negotiations, a resolution to this issue has now been reached. (updated 31/7/19)

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

The company was quick and pushy to sign us up, we have not had over $120 return from out solar panels so they haven’t even really changed our bill at all. I’m constantly trying to get the matter addressed but no contact at all from Gem Energy. Absolutely disgusting. $10,000 down the drain.

Andrew C.
Andrew C.South East Queensland, QLD

I would highly recommend Vincent and the Gem Energy team

Still can't get it sorted or send the correct inverter, hope they don't forger mounting brackets

The job dragged on for 3 months but eventually a great system installed and working. The company contracted to do the work were really good. All issues were the admin/management side of Gem energy.