ghd Gold Styler

ghd Gold Styler

3.8

• Hair Length Long (16), Medium (7) and Short (2)
  • Hair Style Wavy (14), Curly (8) and Straight (3)
  • Straightening Time 20.136 minutes
  • Hair Care

Waste of money - Stopped working as soon as warranty expired

Stopped working as soon as the warranty expired despite always taking very good care of it.

I contacted GHD and they told me that "the saving in purchasing a new replacement directly from us is actually not much more than the cost of a repair". Sounds like their products just conveniently break at the time of the warranty expiring so they can continue making more money.

Will never waste money on this brand again. So disappointed.

brooke w.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Such a Smooth glide through my hair

I love this straightener. My previous GHD original lasted me 10 years. It was carted around with me everywhere and it still worked like a champion. I dropped it so many times and it never missed a beat. So when purchasing a new one I decided to go with GHD again (obviously) and it has not disappointed. It's beautiful, it's light. They have made minor changes to make the tool easier to hold in your hand. The little heat resistant sleeve it came with is genious. It not only takes the risk of burning yourself while your straightener cools down but it also protects the heating plates during transportation (if your one of those people that just chuck it in the passenger seat like me :) )

Purchased in January 2020 for A$215.00.

Sam S.

Sam S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive doesn’t mean quality

Bought this one 18 months ago, paid around $230. Stopped working in Jan this year. Now just rubbish n has to be thrown. For this price I could have bought 4 mid range straightener n used for 4 years.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$230.00.

Hair StyleStraight

Paige

PaigeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best straightener ever

I have had this Beauty for a few years now and other straighteners just don’t compare with it. It’s easy to use and light and it leaves my hair silky smooth and super straight

Purchased in February 2017 for A$290.00.

Megan

MeganPerth, WA

Waste of money. Always faulty

Have been through 2 Ghd’s in 4 years. Bought the $350 platinum styler to replace my last Ghd that blew up and after just 2 years it blew a fuse in the house and stopped working. Not able to get a replacement or refund because warranty only lasts 12 months. Will never waste my money on this brand again

Purchased in September 2017 for A$350.00.

Anna I

Anna IPerth, WA

It’s fantastic.... can’t live without it!

I just love my GHD. I’ve had it for so many years and it’s still going strong. I have very fine hair and I find it to be very gentle yet very effective. I couldn’t ask for more in relation to the overall condition of my hair. Its just fantastic.... it only takes a few seconds to heat up and it’s ready to use. It also has an inbuilt safety mechanism that switches itself to a cool setting when not in use for a period of time. This has been extremely helpful because I can’t remember how many times I forget to switch it off after using it!!! I just love it and couldn’t live without it! Would highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2006.

Beeping when switched off

I woke up this morning to the sound of my GHDs beeping. They were plugged in but switched off. They were flashing a red light and beeping every few seconds. They weren’t warm or hot, so didn’t seem to be on, but they were they beeping if they were switches off?
They’re GHD platinums.

Purchased in November 2018.

Red light

I was bought these as Christmas and already they aren't turning on but instead flashing red and beeping I've only had them 2 months!!! I was bought these to replace my old ones which did the exact same thing and annoyingly were just out of warranty!

Purchased in December 2019.

Straightening Time10 minutes
Cecilia L.

Cecilia L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with GHD paddle brush

I purchased a GHD paddle brush at Mecca Maxima in August 2017. I purchased this as a I feel GHD is a leading brand in hair products expecting a high quality product however to my dissatisfaction the bristle pad has totally dislodged from the brush. I understand it is 2.5 years old however I have bought cheaper brushes that have lasted longer than this. I expected better quality and longevity out of this product as it’s GHD.

Dissatisfied customer again

Just received my replacement straightener as I sent my last one back under warranty and this one is doing the same thing! Do not buy this product as the safety device is faulty. I would not trust this product in my house. This is the second time that my GHD Gold has been sent back as it switches itself off at various times (sometimes only a few minutes) rather than the 30 minutes that the manual claims. Terrible quality of product and I think that all of them should be recalled before someone’s house burns down because the safety device doesn’t switch the straightener off after the correct time limit. Very unhappy and would never purchase this again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop for A$269.00.

rina

rinaSydney, NSW

Love it one of the best

Love love love it !!! One of the best hair straightener !! Ive been using it since 2008 till now ghd is one brand i chose for all my hair tools !! 'They don't break down easily which is why i love them i have thick curly hair and this does the job very well !

Purchased in August 2008 for A$250.00.

Straightening Time20 minutes
Dr. Courtney

Dr. Courtney

8 years and counting!

Super happy with my ghd I purchased it in 2012 and it still works perfectly now. I love the heat proof bag it was been wonders for me. I used my ghd all the time as my partner has untamed curls. When I need a new one I’ll definitely be buying another ghd

Purchased in March 2012 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$199.00.

Sarah

SarahBrisbane AUS

I LOVE MY GHD

I have had mine for a while now and still works like a charm. I have thick wavy uncontrollable hair and the GHD makes my hair look wonderful. Keeps it nice so I dn't hve to re straighten it for a few days at least :)

Stephanie

StephanieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!!!

I have the one with the wider plates and its really good cause I have thicker hair. It takes like 30mins and under to straighten my hair. Was definitely worth the money I spent on it. Its is a year old and still is just as good!

Purchased in December 2018.

Customer C.ghd

Faulty product and terrible customer service

I recently purchased a new GHD gold straightener after one plate on my old GHD stopped working. The straightener kept turning itself off after a few minutes which I was worried about the safety as I wasnt sure if it was overheating or the timer was faulty. I was told I wasnt able to receive a refund as I didnt purchase it through GHD even though its under warranty? I obviously couldnt return it from where I purchased it as I used it three times to make sure it did keep turning itself off. Im very disappointed in the customer service as I believe a faulty item under warranty should be entitled to a full refund and now I wont have a straightener for a few weeks despite spending almost $300 on it.

Purchased in November 2019 at Shavershop for A$269.00.

Cushla J

Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Will never buy another brand!

My husband purchased this for me nearly 6 years ago. I have 4 daughters, 3 of whom are old enough to use all my products so it gets used multiple times a day! I have not had a single issue with mine. The heating time is really quick, it does an absolutely fantastic job on my hair, easy to use, and even though its gone for a swim in my bathtub... still works a treat. So impressed!

Purchased in July 2014 for A$249.00.

So good

I have been using GHD for 4 years now and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought. Doesn’t burn my hair , I use heat protect spray tho . Last long but the only down side it just stopped working after 2 years so I had to buy a new one

Purchased in February 2016.

Surabaya

SurabayaVictoria

Good quality and heats up quickly

I bought the GHD V Gold classic after a previous hair straightener failed. It heats up remarkably quickly and keeps the temperature constant without toasting your hair. I have quite fine hair so it is fairly easy to use and only takes about 5 minutes to straighten my hair. For the price it is definitely worth it as it lasts a long time and is good quality - had mine for 3.5 years already.

Purchased in December 2015.

Hair StyleStraight
Straightening Time5 minutes
Rachel F.

Rachel F.New South Wales

the best straightening iron I had

It heats up really quick! And the heat was adjusted perfectly! It leaves my hair shine after using it! Plus I could straighten a bunch of hair which makes it quicker! This is the only tool I need, as it straightens and it could also use to curl my hair! Love it!

Purchased in May 2018 for A$260.00.

Straightening Time3 minutes

Sharyn

Sharyn

Still going 10 years on!

I’ve had this hair straightener for 10 years! I use it every day (sometimes twice a day). It cost me around $350 with a discount in 2009 which was quite a lot at the time, but I wouldn’t recommend anything else!

Purchased in February 2009.

Straightening Time5 minutes

Frequently Asked Questions about ghd Gold Styler

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Aisling

Aislingasked

I only have these straighteners seven months and red light came on this morning, why is this?

Sinead L.

Sinead L.asked

Hi ghd is it normal that my 7 week old ghd nala gold straightener is flashing white with no noise and then cools down after just 10 minutes of use, whilst straightening my hair this has happened, it's happened 2 times now, I have only used them 10 times, I press the flashing white button and it works again, is this normal?

brooke w.

No, not normal. I would contact where you purchased your GHD from as it sounds like a fault. They should replace it for you.

Louise D.

Louise D.asked

My ghd straightener has begun to beep and a red light is flashing. I did love this appliance and am disappointed as it it no longer heating up. I am really reluctant to purchase this brand again. It appears that this model is defective and should never have been sold. The god model that I had before this was fantastic and I used it for 5 years.

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

As the second-most premium ghd on the market after the ghd platinum+, this $285 Gold Styler has a lot to live up to.

Many people who use hair straighteners are loyal to the ghd name (which, fun fact, stands for Good Hair Day). They've also come to expect quality from one of the earliest designers of premium high-end hair straighteners. Luckily for most, the ghd Gold Styler doesn’t disappoint.

Features:

• Two heat sensors are built into each heating plate to maintain the set temperature of 185 degrees
  • Rounded barrel is designed to help create natural waves and curls
  • Heat-resistant plate guard protects plates from damage when the straightener isn't in use
  • Automatic sleep mode turns the straightener off after 30 minutes of inactivity

Points of praise for the ghd Gold Styler:

• Lightweight, ergonomic design makes it easy to use and transport
  • Ultra quick heat-up time was highly appreciated by reviewers
  • Efficient and effective, as it heated up hair in less than five minutes according to multiple reviewers
  • Leaves hair looking soft and shiny - always a plus.
CategoryHair Straighteners