ghd Gold Styler

ghd Gold Styler

MPN: 435
See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

Pros

Easy to use and transport
Ultra quick to heat up
Efficient at styling hair

Cons

Not as long-lasting as expected

• Hair Length Short (2), Medium (11) and Long (17)
  • Hair Style Straight (4), Wavy (19) and Curly (9)
  • Straightening Time 20.32 minutes
  • Hair Care

Kelly RDarling Downs, QLD

Great straightener, does a good job but is it worth the price ?

Straightens hair quickly, leaves hair shiny & relatively damage free but item is extremely overpriced & I have noticed that the clasping mechanism is already somewhat out of alignment (which probably shouldn’t be happening after month 2 of such an expensive product). Side note: I straighten my hair in 3 layers so it’s not caused from trying to straighten too much hair in one go.

Purchased in for $390.

Claire D.
Claire D.Western Australia

Amazing

Love my GHD.
I've had it for a few years now and you definitely get what you pay for
Yes, they're a bit pricier but definitely worth it.
I wouldn't use anything else on my hair.
Can use it for straightening and curling and heats up fast!

Purchased in at AMR Hair & Beauty for $300.

Pia
PiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing quality and results

Heats up in no time which saves me time getting ready for work, it’s easy to use and straightens frizzy hair in just one quick effortless pass. Absolutely love my gif styler

Andrea
AndreaPerth, WA

Died out of the blue after 1 year!!

While the product styled my hair well, it has just gone a year old and has died completely out of the blue. My original 15 year old GHD is still going, but I've had 4 "limited edition" and gold stylers since - all that have only lasted between 1-2 years each, yet I have persisted in buying their products. This time there was no sparking, noise or glitching like some of the others had near their death - it just no longer switches on at all. I have been a loyal GHD customer for years, but am now making the switch to Cloud Nine. Sick of wasting my money on poor products, and the customer service from GHD has been terrible over the years.

Sara80
Sara80Sydney, NSW

Worst straightener for $300

I bought this straightener a couples years ago because of the ghd brand but it’s definitely not what I paid for and expected. I had a silver bullet before this and that use to straighten my hair this just leaves my hair in straightened and wavy. In half hour time my hair is the same before I started.

lilymck
lilymckNorth Queensland, QLD

Not good at all!

I have to go over and over my hair and it still doesn’t straighten properly and my hair isn’t overly thick or unruly. I am back using my cloud nine which is ten years old and does a better job! How do I get a refund? I thought GHD was supposed to be really good?

Purchased in .

Expensive for the poor quality that you get!

Purchased in .

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Dissatisfied customer
Dissatisfied customer

Waste of money - Stopped working as soon as warranty expired

Stopped working as soon as the warranty expired despite always taking very good care of it.

I contacted GHD and they told me that "the saving in purchasing a new replacement directly from us is actually not much more than the cost of a repair". Sounds like their products just conveniently break at the time of the warranty expiring so they can continue making more money.

Will never waste money on this brand again. So disappointed.

brooke w.
brooke w.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Such a Smooth glide through my hair

I love this straightener. My previous GHD original lasted me 10 years. It was carted around with me everywhere and it still worked like a champion. I dropped it so many times and it never missed a beat. So when purchasing a new one I decided to go with GHD again (obviously) and it has not disappointed. It's beautiful, it's light. They have made minor changes to make the tool easier to hold in your hand. The little heat resistant sleeve it came with is genious. It not only takes the risk of burning yourself while your straightener cools down but it also protects the heating plates during transportation (if your one of those people that just chuck it in the passenger seat like me :) )

Purchased in for $215.

Sam S.
Sam S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive doesn’t mean quality

Bought this one 18 months ago, paid around $230. Stopped working in Jan this year. Now just rubbish n has to be thrown. For this price I could have bought 4 mid range straightener n used for 4 years.

Purchased in for $230.

Paige
PaigeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best straightener ever

I have had this Beauty for a few years now and other straighteners just don’t compare with it. It’s easy to use and light and it leaves my hair silky smooth and super straight

Purchased in for $290.

Megan
MeganPerth, WA

Waste of money. Always faulty

Have been through 2 Ghd’s in 4 years. Bought the $350 platinum styler to replace my last Ghd that blew up and after just 2 years it blew a fuse in the house and stopped working. Not able to get a replacement or refund because warranty only lasts 12 months. Will never waste my money on this brand again

Purchased in for $350.

Anna I
Anna IPerth, WA

It’s fantastic.... can’t live without it!

I just love my GHD. I’ve had it for so many years and it’s still going strong. I have very fine hair and I find it to be very gentle yet very effective. I couldn’t ask for more in relation to the overall condition of my hair. Its just fantastic.... it only takes a few seconds to heat up and it’s ready to use. It also has an inbuilt safety mechanism that switches itself to a cool setting when not in use for a period of time. This has been extremely helpful because I can’t remember how many times I forget to switch it off after using it!!! I just love it and couldn’t live without it! Would highly recommend.

Beeping when switched off

I woke up this morning to the sound of my GHDs beeping. They were plugged in but switched off. They were flashing a red light and beeping every few seconds. They weren’t warm or hot, so didn’t seem to be on, but they were they beeping if they were switches off?
They’re GHD platinums.

ghd
Customer C.ghdSend a private message

Red light

I was bought these as Christmas and already they aren't turning on but instead flashing red and beeping I've only had them 2 months!!! I was bought these to replace my old ones which did the exact same thing and annoyingly were just out of warranty!

Hair Length Medium
ghd
Customer C.ghdSend a private message

Frequently Asked Questions about ghd Gold Styler

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Lilma
Lilmaasked

Why is the red light flashing and beeping on my ghd within one minute It’s the first time I have used it??

Kelly R

It looks to be a common ghd fault (see attached link). You should contact the supplier/ghd for a refund or replacement. https://www.ghdrepair.co.uk/home/index.php/blog/25-what-does-a-red-flashing-light-on-a-ghd-platinum-mean

Olga A.
Olga A.asked

Why did my GHD Gold beep and went off?

Stefania I.
Stefania I.asked

My GHD platinum just made a loud pop sound and stopped working halfway through me using it. Is it dead?

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Features:

As one of the most premium ghd straighteners on the market, the $295 Gold Styler has a lot to live up to.

Many people who use hair straighteners are loyal to the ghd name (which, fun fact, stands for Good Hair Day). They've also come to expect quality from one of the earliest designers of premium high-end hair straighteners. Luckily for most, the ghd Gold Styler doesn’t disappoint.

• Two heat sensors are built into each heating plate to maintain the set temperature of 185°C.
  • A rounded barrel is designed to help create natural waves and curls as well as straighten hair.
  • The styler has a heat-resistant plate guard protects plates from damage when the straightener isn't in use.
  • It has automatic sleep mode that turns the straightener off after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers liked the lightweight and ergonomic design of the straightener, saying that these features made it easy to use and transport.
  • They also loved the ultra quick heat-up time that let them start styling with almost no wait.
  • Reviewers found that the straightener was efficient and effective at styling hair, with many reviewers saying that they could create their desired look in under 5 minutes.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that their ghd Gold Style stopped working altogether (or just didn’t work as effectively) after just 1 or 2 years of use.
CategoryHair Straighteners