ghd Gold Styler

ghd Gold Styler

• Hair Length Short (2), Medium (10) and Long (16)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (18) and Curly (9)
  • Straightening Time 20.565 minutes
  • Hair Care

Pia
PiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing quality and results

Heats up in no time which saves me time getting ready for work, it’s easy to use and straightens frizzy hair in just one quick effortless pass. Absolutely love my gif styler

Andrea
AndreaPerth, WA

Died out of the blue after 1 year!!

While the product styled my hair well, it has just gone a year old and has died completely out of the blue. My original 15 year old GHD is still going, but I've had 4 "limited edition" and gold stylers since - all that have only lasted between 1-2 years each, yet I have persisted in buying their products. This time there was no sparking, noise or glitching like some of the others had near their death - it just no longer switches on at all. I have been a loyal GHD customer for years, but am now making the switch to Cloud Nine. Sick of wasting my money on poor products, and the customer service from GHD has been terrible over the years.

Purchased in February 2020.

Selda Uykun
Selda UykunSydney, NSW

Worst straightener for $300

I bought this straightener a couples years ago because of the ghd brand but it’s definitely not what I paid for and expected. I had a silver bullet before this and that use to straighten my hair this just leaves my hair in straightened and wavy. In half hour time my hair is the same before I started.

lilymck
lilymckNorth Queensland, QLD

Not good at all!

I have to go over and over my hair and it still doesn’t straighten properly and my hair isn’t overly thick or unruly. I am back using my cloud nine which is ten years old and does a better job! How do I get a refund? I thought GHD was supposed to be really good?

Purchased in July 2020.

Expensive for the poor quality that you get!

Purchased in April 2020.

Dissatisfied customer
Dissatisfied customer

Waste of money - Stopped working as soon as warranty expired

Stopped working as soon as the warranty expired despite always taking very good care of it.

I contacted GHD and they told me that "the saving in purchasing a new replacement directly from us is actually not much more than the cost of a repair". Sounds like their products just conveniently break at the time of the warranty expiring so they can continue making more money.

Will never waste money on this brand again. So disappointed.

brooke w.
brooke w.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Such a Smooth glide through my hair

I love this straightener. My previous GHD original lasted me 10 years. It was carted around with me everywhere and it still worked like a champion. I dropped it so many times and it never missed a beat. So when purchasing a new one I decided to go with GHD again (obviously) and it has not disappointed. It's beautiful, it's light. They have made minor changes to make the tool easier to hold in your hand. The little heat resistant sleeve it came with is genious. It not only takes the risk of burning yourself while your straightener cools down but it also protects the heating plates during transportation (if your one of those people that just chuck it in the passenger seat like me :) )

Purchased in January 2020 for $215.00.

Sam S.
Sam S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive doesn’t mean quality

Bought this one 18 months ago, paid around $230. Stopped working in Jan this year. Now just rubbish n has to be thrown. For this price I could have bought 4 mid range straightener n used for 4 years.

Purchased in April 2018 for $230.00.

Paige
PaigeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best straightener ever

I have had this Beauty for a few years now and other straighteners just don’t compare with it. It’s easy to use and light and it leaves my hair silky smooth and super straight

Purchased in February 2017 for $290.00.

Megan
MeganPerth, WA

Waste of money. Always faulty

Have been through 2 Ghd’s in 4 years. Bought the $350 platinum styler to replace my last Ghd that blew up and after just 2 years it blew a fuse in the house and stopped working. Not able to get a replacement or refund because warranty only lasts 12 months. Will never waste my money on this brand again

Purchased in September 2017 for $350.00.

Anna I
Anna IPerth, WA

It’s fantastic.... can’t live without it!

I just love my GHD. I’ve had it for so many years and it’s still going strong. I have very fine hair and I find it to be very gentle yet very effective. I couldn’t ask for more in relation to the overall condition of my hair. Its just fantastic.... it only takes a few seconds to heat up and it’s ready to use. It also has an inbuilt safety mechanism that switches itself to a cool setting when not in use for a period of time. This has been extremely helpful because I can’t remember how many times I forget to switch it off after using it!!! I just love it and couldn’t live without it! Would highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2006.

Beeping when switched off

I woke up this morning to the sound of my GHDs beeping. They were plugged in but switched off. They were flashing a red light and beeping every few seconds. They weren’t warm or hot, so didn’t seem to be on, but they were they beeping if they were switches off?
They’re GHD platinums.

Purchased in November 2018.

Red light

I was bought these as Christmas and already they aren't turning on but instead flashing red and beeping I've only had them 2 months!!! I was bought these to replace my old ones which did the exact same thing and annoyingly were just out of warranty!

Purchased in December 2019.

Hair LengthMedium
Cecilia L.
Cecilia L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with GHD paddle brush

I purchased a GHD paddle brush at Mecca Maxima in August 2017. I purchased this as a I feel GHD is a leading brand in hair products expecting a high quality product however to my dissatisfaction the bristle pad has totally dislodged from the brush. I understand it is 2.5 years old however I have bought cheaper brushes that have lasted longer than this. I expected better quality and longevity out of this product as it’s GHD.

Maddison L.
Maddison L.

Dissatisfied customer again

Just received my replacement straightener as I sent my last one back under warranty and this one is doing the same thing! Do not buy this product as the safety device is faulty. I would not trust this product in my house. This is the second time that my GHD Gold has been sent back as it switches itself off at various times (sometimes only a few minutes) rather than the 30 minutes that the manual claims. Terrible quality of product and I think that all of them should be recalled before someone’s house burns down because the safety device doesn’t switch the straightener off after the correct time limit. Very unhappy and would never purchase this again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop for $269.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about ghd Gold Styler

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Olga A.
Olga A.asked

Why did my GHD Gold beep and went off?

Stefania I.
Stefania I.asked

My GHD platinum just made a loud pop sound and stopped working halfway through me using it. Is it dead?

Emmao
Emmaoasked

Hi I've just received a new set of the ghd original professional styler and when I switch them on they beep then keep on flashing red all the time. Is this normal?

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

As the second-most premium ghd on the market after the ghd platinum+, this $285 Gold Styler has a lot to live up to.

Many people who use hair straighteners are loyal to the ghd name (which, fun fact, stands for Good Hair Day). They've also come to expect quality from one of the earliest designers of premium high-end hair straighteners. Luckily for most, the ghd Gold Styler doesn’t disappoint.

Features:

• Two heat sensors are built into each heating plate to maintain the set temperature of 185 degrees
  • Rounded barrel is designed to help create natural waves and curls
  • Heat-resistant plate guard protects plates from damage when the straightener isn't in use
  • Automatic sleep mode turns the straightener off after 30 minutes of inactivity

Points of praise for the ghd Gold Styler:

• Lightweight, ergonomic design makes it easy to use and transport
  • Ultra quick heat-up time was highly appreciated by reviewers
  • Efficient and effective, as it heated up hair in less than five minutes according to multiple reviewers
  • Leaves hair looking soft and shiny - always a plus.
CategoryHair Straighteners