ghd Gold Styler

ghd Gold Styler

Cushla J

Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Will never buy another brand!

My husband purchased this for me nearly 6 years ago. I have 4 daughters, 3 of whom are old enough to use all my products so it gets used multiple times a day! I have not had a single issue with mine. The heating time is really quick, it does an absolutely fantastic job on my hair, easy to use, and even though its gone for a swim in my bathtub... still works a treat. So impressed!

Purchased in July 2014 for $249.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes

So good

I have been using GHD for 4 years now and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought. Doesn’t burn my hair , I use heat protect spray tho . Last long but the only down side it just stopped working after 2 years so I had to buy a new one

Purchased in February 2016.

Surabaya

SurabayaVictoria

Good quality and heats up quickly

I bought the GHD V Gold classic after a previous hair straightener failed. It heats up remarkably quickly and keeps the temperature constant without toasting your hair. I have quite fine hair so it is fairly easy to use and only takes about 5 minutes to straighten my hair. For the price it is definitely worth it as it lasts a long time and is good quality - had mine for 3.5 years already.

Purchased in December 2015.

Hair Style Straight
Rachel F.

Rachel F.New South Wales

the best straightening iron I had

It heats up really quick! And the heat was adjusted perfectly! It leaves my hair shine after using it! Plus I could straighten a bunch of hair which makes it quicker! This is the only tool I need, as it straightens and it could also use to curl my hair! Love it!

Purchased in May 2018 for $260.00.

Straightening Time 3 minutes

Sharyn

Sharyn

Still going 10 years on!

I’ve had this hair straightener for 10 years! I use it every day (sometimes twice a day). It cost me around $350 with a discount in 2009 which was quite a lot at the time, but I wouldn’t recommend anything else!

Purchased in February 2009.

Nicole

NicoleWestern Australia

Could not live without my GHD

Heats up very quickly.
The only straightener that actually straightens my wavey hair.
Very easy to use.
With long hair I recommend using a heat product on your hair to help protect your hair.

Purchased in March 2016 for $299.00.

Hair Length Short

Corine

CorineHunter Region, NSW

Amazing product!

This hair straightener is such good quality! Leaves my hair soft and silky smooth! Have had it for a couple of years now and still going strong! Would recommend to anyone wanting soft straight hair.

Purchased in February 2017 at Adore Beauty for $219.00.

Hair Length Short
Hair Style Curly
Straightening Time 20 minutes

RE N.

RE N.Sydney, NSW

Love my GHD

Heats up fast, easy to use and Makes my hair feel amazing I had just recently purchased a new one, I had my first one for 8 years definitely worth the money.

Purchased in February 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $170.00.

Straightening Time 15 minutes
Maddy

MaddyIllawarra, NSW

8 Years on!

Have had my Scarlet GHD for 8 years now and it is still the best straighter. I have had literally no issues what so ever with it! Still heats up in a few seconds and is the best thing. I couldn't live without it.

Purchased in December 2011.

Straightening Time 30 minutes

NatSydney, NSW

Poor performance from the GHD Gold Professional

I purchased a GHD Gold Professional styler in August 2018. I have had numerous GHDs over the last decade. The GHD Gold Professional styler does not heat up well and it leaves my hair frizzy within 1 hour after straightening. This has never happened on previous GHDs, nor any other straightener. My hair has always been sleek and smooth after straightening with previous GHDs. I've tried all the tips and bought additional products to help the straightness or curls remain in place, but it doesn't work. I am extremely disappointed with the quality/ effectiveness of the straightener and do not feel like I received value for the cost paid.

Purchased in August 2018 for $275.00.

Hair Style Curly
Straightening Time 60 minutes
Nat

Thanks for responding. Does ghd stand by the quality of its product and offer a customer satisfaction/money back guarantee?

Perfect for my hair. God knows what I'd do without it.

I love my GHD. My hair would be a right mess every day without it. My third ghd since they were invented. This one now approx 7 years old & still going strong. My former ghd only stopped working as I accidentally knocked it onto the floor. Got this one & never looked back. I am also the proud owner of ghd platinum tropical sky straighteners bought in 2017. My best one for holidays & of course back up should my others fail.

Purchased in June 2012 at Salon Shop for $145.00.

Hair Style Straight
Straightening Time 15 minutes

Jacob

JacobPerth, WA

Love it

Such a good straightener, heats up fully in less than 10 seconds and takes me only like 5 minutes to straighten all of my hair and stays straight all day.

Purchased in September 2018 at Rockingham for $400.00.

Josh M

Josh MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product

Works well and lasted for years so far. Beeps when hot and doesn't take long to heat up. No issues with the power cord or any other wear like I have had with other brands.

Purchased in January 2016.

Crystal P.

Crystal P.South East Queensland, QLD

Remington is better

It heats up quick and shuts itself down if left unattended which is good/safe, however I had to send it back after 6 months because it just stopped working. I expected more for $300.00 honestly my other $70.00 Remington hair straightener does a better job. It takes too long to straighten and it really dries the hair out, even with heat protection. I wouldn't recommend this product GHD platinum hair straightener. Not worth it save your money, the return was a hassle even with the receipt and warranty. I wasn't paid for this review I'm just super disappointed with the cost for the quality I received and fare enough I lost out but if I can save someone else $300.00, than I'm going to try. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Purchased in February 2018 at Hair warehouse for $300.00.

Straightening Time 40 minutes
SHARNI KEEGAN

SHARNI KEEGANCentral coast

I love my ghd

Very satisfied if it heats up so quickly and gets really hot.
It takes about 2-3 minutes to fully straighten my hair its so easy to use and leave my hair with a beautiful finish straight smooth and shiny.
I have owned a ghd for years my first one lasted me about 9-10 years and it never missed a beat, it was still just as good as when I first got it out of the box.
I definitely recommend ghd I love this brand of straightener. I also used to be a hairdresser and we used ghd in the salon and it was amazing we got so many customers onto buying one

Keely S

Keely SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does an OK job, but not great for everyday use

So the good things are that it heats up quite quick and for the first couple of months of use it worked really well on my hair. After that however, the styler started to rip through my hair and my hair wouldn't stay straight all day. I'd say if you aren't using this straightener everyday then it's an OK buy, however for longevity I'd spend my money elsewhere

klag

klagMelbourne

Still enjoying it everyday

Quick start and I like that it has automatic shut off for whenever I forgot to turn it off. Bought this 2 years ago from a click frenzy sale and still working like new. Never really had any issue with it. My hair stylist don't recommend this for thick hair tho due to having only one temperature setting.

SEH

SEHVic

Failed after 2 years warranty.

The GHD just stopped after 2 years and 4 months.So just outside warranty period. It won't turn on. I only used 2-3 times a week on shoulder length hair. Not good enough for a product cost $200.

Faye

Faye

Easy

Had it for over 5 years use it everyday. I previously used it in the salon and it was on for over 8 hours a day not a issue in 5 years.

Disappointed

Frequently Asked Questions about ghd Gold Styler

What does a flashing red light mean for my ghd Hair Straightener?

If your ghd Straightener has a blinking red light indicator, it indicates that the heat plates are not able to reach or maintain its temperature. If the plates are cold to the touch, you may need to warm them up with your hands. If this doesn’t solve the issue, this may indicate a deeper hardware fault; contact ghd for assistance.

What are the main differences between ghd Hair Straightener models?

The main differences between ghd Straightener models are the choices of unit & heat plate size (ranging from “small” to “large”), included accessories, and colours. In addition, Platinum models have a tri-zone heat sensor to more granular temperature control.

Latest Consumer Questions

Rara

Raraasked

My GHD straightener is not heating up, light constantly flashing, and every few seconds it does a triple beep. I have tried keeping it warmer and no difference :( I got this 5 years ago but I hardly ever use it, only for special occasions, and have always kept it in its protective case it came with and fold the cord correctly. Please help

Elizebeth B.

Elizebeth B.asked

My GHD round iron was OFF but plugged in when I realized it was beeping and flashing red. Help??!!

Leonie

Leonieasked

My ghd straighteners are also flashing red halfway through straighting my hair. if I turn them off and back on again seems they are going okay again. I'm assuming they are gunna be stuffed soon!!

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives