ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

• MPN: 124
See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

Pros

Glides with minimal pulling
Fast at heating up
Durable

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (9) and Long (20)
  • Hair Style Straight (5), Wavy (18) and Curly (10)
  • Straightening Time 23 minutes
  • Hair Care

Tayls
TaylsGoulburn Valley, VIC

Faulty, terrible after sales service

2 faulty GHD straighteners in the past 4 years, the replacement sent to me for the original faulty product they don't offer any warranty and I believe this may be a refurbished product as it's missing part of the product number, now this 2nd ghd is faulty they wont do anything about it. Two faulty products in 4 years is not a quality product!

Candice
CandicePerth, WA

Great straightener!

This is my second GHD (other was working wonderfully until I left it at the gym and it got stolen!) and I love it. The red plates are super cute and it works perfectly. Heats up so quickly and maintains a steady heat. Very smooth, doesn't snag, easy to use, gives a glossy pin straight finish. Love my GHD.

GHD failed after 9 months

As per Donna C's review bought Pink gold straightener, stopped working after 9 months. Will not refund and will not replace with my choice of colour either. Don't even offer repair service. Extremely disappointed and do not recommend!

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Online store for $320.

Donna C.
Donna C.South East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money on a limited edition

Don’t wait your money on a limited edition Ghd straightener, if it fails as mine did they will not refund and will not replace with another limited edition… so disappointed in ghd

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store for $349.

TiredMummy
TiredMummyIllawarra, NSW

Amazing!!

It occurred to me today I have had my ghd for roughly over 15 years and honestly it still works like the first day. I use it almost everyday and have thick curly hair and I have never had any issues with it. If this doesn't warrant writing a positive review then I dont know what would. I love my ghd. Definetley value for money.

Leenz B.
Leenz B.Perth, WA

I love GHD

Today my GHD has died on me. I give it a 5 star because I’ve had it for approximately 25 years now.. & used it after every hair wash. It’s travelled everywhere with me & I’ve never had an issue with it. It’s clearly an extremely solid product & I can’t recommend it enough. In saying that, I really hope GHD have maintained the ‘old school’ quality & haven’t opted for cheaper production.
No complaints from the one I purchased over 2 decades ago.

Rachel McGuire
Rachel McGuireSouthwest, VIC

Don’t rate it!

I have always bought GHD’s since they come out! Very disappointed in the quality of them now! They feel so cheap now! Doesn’t glide through my hair gets stuck when styling! Heats quickly but to me not hot enough I have thick hair and takes heaps to straighten! My ends have been damaged..

Purchased in for $299.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
MICHELLE
MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD

Always does the job PERFECTLY!

My hair is quite thick and fluffy with a little frizz, so it doesn't take me long to have it looking smooth and straight. It takes a minute to heat up by that time i have brushed and parted my hair so no time wasted. It does my hair so nicely and doesn't damage it at all, Takes around 10-15 minutes to do my hair which is the length of the middle of my back. I go to the hairdresser once every 6 months and they always compliment on how strong and healthy my hair looks and feels. This is my second original GHD straightener in the past 11 years. My last one lasted 8 years and I have had this one now for 3 years and use it once or twice a week, definitely great value.

Purchased in at Hairhouse Physical store for $195.

Rachel W.
Rachel W.Sydney, NSW

Built to last!

I purchased my ghd original in 2010 and it is still going strong, I decided to buy a replacement in the exact same style, mostly just to treat myself, but honestly the original was absolutely fine - a little wear and tear on the outside but function was immaculate for 11 years and daily use.
Amazing. These are perfect for straightening, curling and natural waves.
I use it along with the heat protectant spray and my hair feels great & protected.

Worth the price point!

Purchased in for $230.

Chloe M.
Chloe M.New South Wales

Always great products

I’ve been using GHDs personally and in my salon for 10 years and I love them. My one heats up in seconds. I can straighten my hair in less than 4 minutes and I’m very pleased with the job it does. It’s very easy to use and maintain which is important for me.

Emily L.
Emily L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Product - Great Service

I had a GHD styler for 14 years, and then was gifted a new GHD not long after.

Sadly, this one was faulty. Lisa, from the customer service team was lovely to deal with and helped me with my warranty request - my GHD holds sentimental value for personal reasons but Lisa was polite, and a pleasure to deal with.

I will continue to use GHD's, for life!

Thank you Lisa, and GHD.

Purchased at Mecca Cosmetica Physical store for $210.

Amber
AmberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My curler broke into two parts, customer service is disappointing

Shannylouisa
ShannylouisaPerth, WA

Ghd have gone downhill

I had a limited edition ghd for about 7 years and recently replaced it with a new one. I had to get it replaced under warranty because it wasn’t getting hot enough. They sent me another one, the customer service is great but this one is crap too. How can they have changed so much since my limited edition one. I wouldn’t recommend at all, you’d be better off buying a cheap Vidal sassoon one, they work about the same.

Purchased in for $185.

Cards Master
Cards MasterSydney, NSW

Good product but costly

It's a costly product.
It won't straighten your hair if its overly curled.
But it will help to maintain the straightness for few months once you get your hair done professionally.

Purchased in at eBay for $210.

Ms Angel
Ms Angel

Perfect.

I have been using GHD straighter since the day it came out, so it has been over 12 13 years, and I still use it to this very day, 2020.
Its durable and still works well.
Highly recommend.

Purchased in for $400.

Hattie W.
Hattie W.asked

are their any cheaper but same brand and style

Hayley B.
Hayley B.asked

When I turn my GHD original on it beeps and the led flashes. The straightener heats up. It only beeps once. The led continues flashing. Is this normal? No issues with the straightener just not sure if the led should continue flashing

LULU
LULUasked

My ghd IV styler all of a sudden wont turn on. Any ideas?

ghd
Customer C.ghdSend a private message
See all ghd Original IV Styler questions

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Details ·

Features:

• The ghd Original IV Styler has a rounded barrel and floating plates that let it effortlessly glide through hair, so you can easily create your desired style.
  • Automatic sleep mode, universal voltage, and a red flashing safety light that indicates when it’s on help give you peace of mind at home and abroad.
  • The hair straightener operates at 185ºC, which is described by ghd as being the optimal temperature that effectively styles hair without damaging it.
  • A 30 second heat up means you can achieve great results quickly and easily.
  • The iron has a 2.7m cable that gives you a bit more freedom over where you want to style your hair and how you do it.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the styling tool was easy to use, saying that it was smooth with minimal pulling and straightened, curled, or created natural waves with minimal fuss.
  • They also found that the ghd iron heated up quickly - in well under a minute - letting users brush and part their hair with no time wasted.
  • Some reviewers also noted that the straightener had a high build quality and was extremely durable, saying that it worked after years of use. A few of these reviewers even said that it was still working perfectly around a decade after they had bought it.

Something to consider:

• A few reviewers noted that when time came to replace their IV Styler, that their newer one didn’t live up to their old one. Some of these users reported that it didn’t get as hot and had more uneven heat distribution than their previous stylers.
CategoryHair Straighteners