ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

4.1

• Hair Length Long (12) · Medium (7) · Short (2)
  • Hair Style Wavy (10) · Curly (7) · Straight (5)
  • Straightening Time 23.889 minutes (18)
  • Hair Care
Amber

AmberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My curler broke into two parts, customer service is disappointing

Purchased in February 2020.

Shannylouisa

ShannylouisaPerth, WA

Ghd have gone downhill

I had a limited edition ghd for about 7 years and recently replaced it with a new one. I had to get it replaced under warranty because it wasn’t getting hot enough. They sent me another one, the customer service is great but this one is crap too. How can they have changed so much since my limited edition one. I wouldn’t recommend at all, you’d be better off buying a cheap Vidal sassoon one, they work about the same.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$185.00.

Cards Master

Cards MasterSydney, NSW

Good product but costly

It's a costly product.
It won't straighten your hair if its overly curled.
But it will help to maintain the straightness for few months once you get your hair done professionally.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for A$210.00.

Straightening Time 60 minutes

Ms Angel

Ms Angel

Perfect.

I have been using GHD straighter since the day it came out, so it has been over 12 13 years, and I still use it to this very day, 2020.
Its durable and still works well.
Highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2008 for A$400.00.

Straightening Time 5 minutes
Kate M

Kate MHunter Region, NSW

12 years on and it’s still going strong!

I received this hair straightener in 2008 for my birthday and it’s still going strong 12 years on! It’s amazing. Admittedly it’s a bit slower than it used to be..But that is to be expected. Talk about getting your money’s worth! Probably time to upgrade it, but it’s held on so long it’s hard to part with it!

T-LeeB

T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's an original

Heats up in minimal time, gets very hot, too hot unfortunately. I wasn't accustomed to the GHD technology, and unfortunately fried the ends of my hair when initially using it. I've changed the way I use it but recommend anyone buying one of these second hand (which is what I did), reconsider.
They are too hot and will damage your hair if you don't know what you're doing. I have it on professional advice the new technology is very good.

Esther

EstherSydney

OK - on my thick afro

Often have to use this product two times over to reach my desired texture. Not too fast - have to pass through hair slowly. Sometimes can overheat and let off steam

Amanda

Amanda

The best !!

The original is the best in this case! Quick and easy to use, heats ups so fast, doesn’t burn hair and has a great non sip handle which is great cause I have very long hair. Exactly what I needed

Purchased in May 2020 at Shaver Shop for A$235.00.

Candice B

Candice BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hair looking FRESH

I received a GHD original IV styler for my birthday and honestly I couldn't live without it. Shes fast, smooth, efficient and everything you need in a straightener. Forever a GHD lover.

Purchased in October 2019.

Hair Length Short
Straightening Time 20 minutes

Katelynmuzz

Katelynmuzz

amazing on my thick curls

I love this GHD, I have thick ringlet curls and when I use this my hair stays straight for about 2 days!!! (Well by the second day it’s kinky but none the less still straight)
I feel it gets to a good heat and takes less time to straighten my high maintenance hair than normal cheaper alternatives take, I’m probably not the best example as if you compare me to someone with normal straight hair obviously mines gonna take 10x as long.
I don’t use it every day as it is quite time consuming, however I haven’t noticed any damage or negative affects on my hair..

Purchased in December 2018 for A$200.00.

MelissaF

MelissaFRyde

Amazing straightener however small plate

This straightener heats up super fast and has lasted me years! In comparison to the max GHD this one is very time consuming and you have to seperate your hair into small portions to get a nice dead straight look, also takes a few times going over. Because of that I feel it damages your hair a little more, however that could also be purely because of how straight I like my hair and obviously being a smaller plate it takes more time and needs more going over!
However had you asked me my opinion before buying the max I would have given it 5 stars any day of the week!!

Purchased in July 2017 for A$200.00.

Straightening Time 15 minutes
Nashwa H.

Nashwa H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect

I did purchase DHD 11 years ago and I just updated for new one I love it never go wrong.
My hair is healthy and thick. My girls use it and I never think of another brand.

Purchased in January 2020 at Werribee Blinds for A$400.00.

Rachel E.

Rachel E.

Amazing straightener that has lasted years!

I purchased my GHD in 2017, and coming into March 2020, I still use it every single day and it still works perfectly. The cost is definitely worth it for a premium product that has lasted so long. I also have very curly hair, and it works wonders on it.

Purchased in May 2017 at Adore Beauty for A$199.00.

Straightening Time 60 minutes
Ruby R.

Ruby R.Dubbo

10 years and still going strong

Heats up very quickly, get great results both curling and straightening. I bought this in 2008 and it is still going strong (although may almost be time for an upgrade!). Have used it with short, medium and very long hair.

ajhorne

ajhorneHunter Region, NSW

Nothing beats a classic

Nothing beats a gold classic! The Ceramic plates glide through the hair with minimal pulling. Perfect for soft waves and curls. Unlike the newer generations which i have found clink and pull the hair rather than glide through.

Purchased in March 2016 at Price Attack for A$220.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Danielle

DanielleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Old favourite

Have had a ghd hair straightener for years. Every time I believe the element has run its life cycle I go out and buy the exact same straightener again. Never an issue with the IV model.

Purchased in July 2017 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$200.00.

Straightening Time 15 minutes
Alison

AlisonSydney, NSW

Easy to use for thicker hair

This GHD styler is perfect for thick hair it doesnt take much time to straighten it out it is a good value for the money as well it works all around wonders.

Purchased in March 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$200.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Great Hairstyler

Bought this years ago and it is still going strong, have not had any issues with it. heat sup quick and stays hot. I would prefer a dial to adjust temperature for different style options.

Purchased in February 2018.

Vivien M.

Vivien M.

Perfect for my hair

With my type of hair, I’ve struggled to find the right straightener. Since getting this particular brand and model, I don’t have to worry about frizzy hair. Takes only seconds to warm up to temperature, can be adjusted to suit the style I want, and get ps the job done properly in a short amount of time.

Straightening Time 5 minutes
Sara A.

Sara A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty good

It does the job however for the price I don’t find much difference between this straightener and cheaper straighteners. It is annoying that you can’t adjust the temperature. And you do need to keep it on for a little while to properly heat up and work effectively. However I have had it for over a year and it’s still in perfect condition

Purchased in January 2018.