ghd Original IV Styler

ghd Original IV Styler

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (8) and Long (15)
  • Hair Style Straight (5), Wavy (14) and Curly (8)
  • Straightening Time 22.762 minutes
  • Hair Care

Rachel McGuire
Rachel McGuireSouthwest, VIC

Don’t rate it!

I have always bought GHD’s since they come out! Very disappointed in the quality of them now! They feel so cheap now! Doesn’t glide through my hair gets stuck when styling! Heats quickly but to me not hot enough I have thick hair and takes heaps to straighten! My ends have been damaged..

Purchased in January 2020 for $299.00.

MICHELLE
MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD

Always does the job PERFECTLY!

My hair is quite thick and fluffy with a little frizz, so it doesn't take me long to have it looking smooth and straight. It takes a minute to heat up by that time i have brushed and parted my hair so no time wasted. It does my hair so nicely and doesn't damage it at all, Takes around 10-15 minutes to do my hair which is the length of the middle of my back. I go to the hairdresser once every 6 months and they always compliment on how strong and healthy my hair looks and feels. This is my second original GHD straightener in the past 11 years. My last one lasted 8 years and I have had this one now for 3 years and use it once or twice a week, definitely great value.

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Physical store for $195.00.

Rachel W.
Rachel W.Sydney, NSW

Built to last!

I purchased my ghd original in 2010 and it is still going strong, I decided to buy a replacement in the exact same style, mostly just to treat myself, but honestly the original was absolutely fine - a little wear and tear on the outside but function was immaculate for 11 years and daily use.
Amazing. These are perfect for straightening, curling and natural waves.
I use it along with the heat protectant spray and my hair feels great & protected.

Worth the price point!

Purchased in April 2010 for $230.00.

Chloe M.
Chloe M.New South Wales

Always great products

I’ve been using GHDs personally and in my salon for 10 years and I love them. My one heats up in seconds. I can straighten my hair in less than 4 minutes and I’m very pleased with the job it does. It’s very easy to use and maintain which is important for me.

Purchased in January 2018.

Emily L.
Emily L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Product - Great Service

I had a GHD styler for 14 years, and then was gifted a new GHD not long after.

Sadly, this one was faulty. Lisa, from the customer service team was lovely to deal with and helped me with my warranty request - my GHD holds sentimental value for personal reasons but Lisa was polite, and a pleasure to deal with.

I will continue to use GHD's, for life!

Thank you Lisa, and GHD.

Purchased at Mecca Cosmetica Physical store for $210.00.

Amber
AmberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My curler broke into two parts, customer service is disappointing

Purchased in February 2020.

Shannylouisa
ShannylouisaPerth, WA

Ghd have gone downhill

I had a limited edition ghd for about 7 years and recently replaced it with a new one. I had to get it replaced under warranty because it wasn’t getting hot enough. They sent me another one, the customer service is great but this one is crap too. How can they have changed so much since my limited edition one. I wouldn’t recommend at all, you’d be better off buying a cheap Vidal sassoon one, they work about the same.

Purchased in June 2020 for $185.00.

Cards Master
Cards MasterSydney, NSW

Good product but costly

It's a costly product.
It won't straighten your hair if its overly curled.
But it will help to maintain the straightness for few months once you get your hair done professionally.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $210.00.

Ms Angel
Ms Angel

Perfect.

I have been using GHD straighter since the day it came out, so it has been over 12 13 years, and I still use it to this very day, 2020.
Its durable and still works well.
Highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2008 for $400.00.

Kate M
Kate MHunter Region, NSW

12 years on and it’s still going strong!

I received this hair straightener in 2008 for my birthday and it’s still going strong 12 years on! It’s amazing. Admittedly it’s a bit slower than it used to be..But that is to be expected. Talk about getting your money’s worth! Probably time to upgrade it, but it’s held on so long it’s hard to part with it!

T-LeeB
T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's an original

Heats up in minimal time, gets very hot, too hot unfortunately. I wasn't accustomed to the GHD technology, and unfortunately fried the ends of my hair when initially using it. I've changed the way I use it but recommend anyone buying one of these second hand (which is what I did), reconsider.
They are too hot and will damage your hair if you don't know what you're doing. I have it on professional advice the new technology is very good.

Esther
EstherSydney

OK - on my thick afro

Often have to use this product two times over to reach my desired texture. Not too fast - have to pass through hair slowly. Sometimes can overheat and let off steam

Amanda
Amanda

The best !!

The original is the best in this case! Quick and easy to use, heats ups so fast, doesn’t burn hair and has a great non sip handle which is great cause I have very long hair. Exactly what I needed

Purchased in May 2020 at Shaver Shop for $235.00.

Candice B
Candice BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hair looking FRESH

I received a GHD original IV styler for my birthday and honestly I couldn't live without it. Shes fast, smooth, efficient and everything you need in a straightener. Forever a GHD lover.

Purchased in October 2019.

Katelynmuzz
Katelynmuzz

amazing on my thick curls

I love this GHD, I have thick ringlet curls and when I use this my hair stays straight for about 2 days!!! (Well by the second day it’s kinky but none the less still straight)
I feel it gets to a good heat and takes less time to straighten my high maintenance hair than normal cheaper alternatives take, I’m probably not the best example as if you compare me to someone with normal straight hair obviously mines gonna take 10x as long.
I don’t use it every day as it is quite time consuming, however I haven’t noticed any damage or negative affects on my hair..

Purchased in December 2018 for $200.00.