230-IR, 230-IR Wide Plate
See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Muk Haircare? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Heats up quickly

• Straightens curly hair

• Lightweight and easy to handle

• Hair Length Short (1), Medium (10) and Long (12)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (14) and Curly (6)
  • Straightening Time 14.667 minutes
  • Hair Care

Lauren S.
Lauren S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it so much

I've had this for years now and it is amazing! Heats up in less than a minute, straightens my hair with one swipe on each section and is lightweight (this one doesn't leave my wrist in pain after straightening my hair). Absolutely love it, well worth the price <3

Purchased in June 2014.

Emma
Emma

I definitely recommend this product

This product is so easy and makes my hair so smooth. My hair can be very hard to manage but, this straightener makes it 20x easier. I use this product on a daily bases and do not know what I would’ve done. Mine is already 2 years old and still looks new. I am so happy with this product and I 100% recommend.

Kate
KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great quality & price

Purchased in May 2019 for $158.98.

sarahjanegrau
sarahjanegrauGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Better than our GHD :O !

Purchased in January 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $250.00.

binnyjh
binnyjhGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why did I wait so long to update!

I had owned a slimline GHD for around 5 years. I thought it was good at the time but looking back, it was hard to do long hair with and my hair would still go fuzzy. It was never sleek.
My GHD finally died and I purchased the Muk Style Stick 230-Ir Wide Plate. OMG it is sooooo much better than my GHD. My hair looks silky and unless the weather is particularly unforgiving, it stays that way!
Heats up quickly (I use 200), doesn’t pull my hair. Love it!
Definitely get a wide plate for long, thick hair!!

Purchased in January 2020 at Feeling Sexy for $229.99.

Stacy M.
Stacy M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best straightener on the market

This hair straightener is one of a kind, whilst it works with your hair not against which minimises any kinks that other hair straighteners havent been able to avoid. With different heat selections for all types of hair or desired effect.

Sarah
SarahPerth, WA

Works wonders on my thick, wavy hair

I had my old GHD for 10 years but needed a new straightener ASAP but couldn't afford a new GHD or Cloud 9 so I decided to give the Muk 230-IR a go. This straightener definitely lived up to all the glowing reviews I's read and has no issues dealing with my thick, wavy hair quickly with silky smooth results. It also is designed so that your hair doesn't get caught anywhere.

Purchased in November 2019 at My Hair Care & Beauty Online store for $169.95.

Sarah m
Sarah mPeel, WA

Heats up fast!

i use this everyday! I love how fast it is to heat up and makes it so easy to straighten my curly hair. Has different temperatures so can reduce hair damage, very happy with my purchase

Purchased in August 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $200.00.

Not worth the money

Purchased yesterday, $199 from hair warehouse. Not worth the money. Doesnt reduce frizz, takes just as long to straighten as my cheap Remington. Has a weird cheap sound when you straighten, like it sounds more plastic and dodgy. Was really disappointed because Ive heard good reviews but not worth the money.

Purchased in November 2019 for $199.00.

Absolutely loving it

It’s been 3 years I hv been using Muk230-IR.
So easy to use & super handy with no hair damage.Highly recommended
Specially with curly hairs it just takes few mins to straight.

Purchased in August 2016.

Angie
AngieSydney, NSW

Money for value - instant results

The hair straightener is well made. High performance, with smooth plates. I love the LED lighting. I have used many brands before. And they did not heat up as fast. If you don't have time to wait. Its a very good product to invest in.

Purchased in October 2019.

jezzabella114
jezzabella114Perth, WA

OH MY GOSH

I have THICK hair. For every follicle I have 4 strands. It's foiled so it damages easily. Its fluffy and volumous and its hard to ever get it sleek.
Well! I used my 230IR today and holy moly! Salon quality results at home.
When I used my old hair straightener it was never flat, it would feel wirey and have lots of fuzz like I had put my hand in a power socket, but this is totally opposite.
It took 15 seconds to heat up and it displays the heat counting up to your requirement which I thought was cool.
There is a slight buzz which is the ionator working.
Im redundant at the moment so it was a lot of money and review reading to spend but ITS WORTH IT.

Purchased in September 2019 at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $149.99.

Kelly Jonas
Kelly JonasSydney, NSW

Straightening must have

This straightener makes doing my hair so quick and easy. I had used other brands but because of the thickness, I find I can do large sections at a time and so spend less time doing my hair. Really like it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $299.00.

MissV37
MissV37AU

Best Straightener I've ever owned

This is by far the best straightener I've ever owned. Even over my previous GHD!
It's light weight, super quick to heat up, easy to use and straightens my hair in minutes.
I've had this one for years now and works just as it did when I purchased it.
Surprised at some of the negative reviews as I just could not be happier!

Hair Length Medium
Hair Style Wavy
Bethels82
Bethels82Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LOVE IT!!!

Love my MUK hair straightener. So easy to use, and straightens my hair perfectly. I have thick hair and works great. I'm sorry for those who don't think it works as mine works a treat.

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Sunbury for $200.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Angela W.
Angela W.asked
Style Stick 230-IR

Is there any difference between this and the gold range

Jackson P.
Jackson P.asked
Style Stick 230-IR

What's the wide straightener like with curling?

lizzy 333
lizzy 333asked
Style Stick 230-IR

How do i turn my muk onto hor?

Features:

There are currently 3 models of the Muk Style Stick Hair Straightener. They all have variable heat settings, a 3m cord, and universal voltage.

The original Muk Style Stick has an adjustable temperature from 80 to 210°C and rapid heat up, making it easy to use and suitable for a variety of hair types.

• It has tourmaline ceramic plates, which help lock in moisture and add shine to hair, making it great for damaged hair.
  • It costs $99.95.

The Muk Style Stick 230-IR is designed for styling and straightening thicker, coarse hair faster.

• The hair straightener uses a strip of infrared lights in the ceramic plate to gently heat your hair.
  • It can straighten hair with a single pass, making it great for people who style on the go.
  • It has auto shut-off, so it’s handy for those who are a bit forgetful from time to time.
  • This model costs $199.95.

The Muk Style Stick 230-IR Wide Plate straightener has all the benefits of its non-wide plate counterpart, except that it has a wider plate which can straighten hair up to twice as fast. This straightener costs $249.95.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that their Muk Style Stick heated up very quickly.
  • Reviewers with coarse and curly hair also found that it easily straightened their hair, with some saying that it smoothed their hair in just one swipe.
  • According to reviewers, the straightener is lightweight and simple to handle.
Compare both Muk Style Stick
Plate MaterialCeramicCeramic
Min Temperature90 °C90 °C
Max Temperature230 °C230 °C
Cord Length3 m3 m
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack