Silver Bullet Keratin 230

Titanium, Ceramic (See All)
See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Silver Bullet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Straightens without visibly damaging hair
Doesn't tug or snag hair
Lightweight and ergonomic

• Hair Length Medium (5) and Long (6)
  • Hair Style Straight (2), Wavy (5) and Curly (4)
  • Straightening Time 20.833 minutes
  • Hair Care
Mrs SSydney, NSW

Pretty basic

I recently bought one after my 13 year old GHD started dying. It’s OK. Nothing special. Very surprised that it doesn’t have an auto turn off feature- surprising omission considering my decade old GHD did!

Purchased in for $179.

Lynda D.
Lynda D.Victoria

Terrible hair straightener

I am so very disappointed with my silver bullet keratin 230 . I have used it once, my hair was still thick after going over and over my hair. The floating plates do not grip the hair, you cant read the heat dial it's black on black and hidden inside the plate

Purchased in at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $178.

christine73
christine73Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Short circuited, very dangerous

Started off working ok (which is why I didn't give it 1 star), but out of the blue it exploded in my teenage daughter's hand. It was plugged in and as it was lifted there was a large flash and a bang. Very scary. It was only a lightly used hair straightener and definitely not used to the point that the electronics could have been worn out. Even then, it shouldn't explode like that! It was well cared for. This happened not long after the warranty ran out (of course). Really disappointed given the price.

Purchased in at Hairhouse Physical store.

All things beauty
All things beautyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best iron ever!!

I had used ghd products for years and recently switched to Silver Bullet and it’s the best decision ever.
It heats up so quickly and glides smoothly through my hair. The ghd used to stick, but this one is very smooth. My hair stays straight for days! Excellent product

Purchased in at Oz Hair & Beauty for $200.

Juj
JujSydney, NSW

In love

Purchased in .

Lydia
LydiaPerth, WA

SB has converted me from GHDs

Needed a straightener that went to 230’ to do keratin smoothing treatments as GHD do not go that high.
I feel GHD has gone off the boil, there’s are brilliant!

Purchased in .

Lydia
LydiaPerth, WA

0-230 in seconds!

Wasn’t sure about these straighteners at first as the Titanium plates are far different to the ceramic plates we have been used to ... But I am loving these straighteners now!

Purchased in for $150.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Pro Hair
Pro HairCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

Im a professional Hairdresser & ive had my Silver Bullet for over 5years now. It heats up quickly, easy to use and works perfectly. I've have had no problems at all.

Priya
PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for thick coarse hair

This straightener heats up in about 20seconds to 210C. Smoothens hair well and as it’s light weight it’s very easy to curl the hair. As it has titanium plates it glides smooth without any tugging or pulling.

The only reason why I haven’t given it a 5 star rating is because it didn’t wow me for the price I paid for it. I have another titanium straightener which I purchased for a lesser price and it has the same effect. When I set the temperature to 230C it didn’t really fasten the straightening process.

I like it but if I compare with other titanium straighteners it does not have any added benefits considering the extra price.

Purchased in at Hairhouse Online store for $200.

Find out how Silver Bullet Keratin 230 compares to other Hair Straighteners

BEWARE: read this BEFORE buying a silver bullet hair straightener. Terrible product

I bought 2 of these, one for myself and one for my daughter in Oct 2018. They worked for about 2 months then started faulting. they BOTH had times were they did not heat up at all, or heat up a little bit but useless to be of any good, and then sometimes heated up perfectly. They are completely unreliable and the fact that TWO of them started doing this over time....yet still only 5 months old shows up that the product is bad. I will NEVER ever be wasting my money on a Silver bullet hair straightener again. Very Very unreliable and constantly lets you down right when you desperately needed it to work.

Purchased in at Sydney Hair Salon for $200.

Linh T
Linh TWestern Australia

Ok quality

The straightener works well for about 2-3 months and then it started to become rusty and dirt started to build up in the ceremic surface. It works great for the price but however it can be better

Purchased in at Half Price Shutters WA for $29.99.

Not happy with purchase

After reading reviews I was exciting to get the silver bullet 230 titanium. But I'm so disappointed and even called the store where I purchased to get an exchange. It catches my hair doesn't leave a nice shine like previous straighteners have. My hair appears to be more damage from using it and I've had to start using Olaplex alot more on my hair.

Find out how Silver Bullet Keratin 230 compares to other Hair Straighteners

Awesome product - no regrets!

Purchase this iron! The heat levels are great because you can customize the level to the thickness of your hair. It's narrow enough that you can get the strands from the root and not have to deal with the crease an iron can make in your hair if you start further down. This iron does not pull my hair out at all and really works. I was shocked for the price that this iron would be so great but I read the reviews and I agree with them all. It really was a great purchase. I have naturally wavy to curly hair that's fine in texture, and I straightened my hair when we were on vacation in the heat and humidity in St. Thomas and it worked great!

Declan K Struth
Declan K StruthMEREDITH

Best hair straightener ever!!!

and I still don't like doing my hair. But, I have two daughters with thick course hair, this straightener has worked magic on their strands. This cuts hair time in half. Instead of blow drying after a wash, I let their hair air dry overnight.

Soraka D
Soraka DToowoomba

Love this!

This hair straightener is amazing, I have tried many brands in the past until I was recommended onto this product. It heats up super quickly and straightens my thick hair in just minutes. My hair is undamaged from this straightener I absolutely love it.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Janasked
Keratin 230 Titanium

Just bought one. The lights in first 2 settings in temperature come on in green whereas the last two tempreture settings come on in Orange. Are these normal?

Yes, that’s normal

Mansuri T.
Mansuri T.asked
Keratin 230

Hi do the silver bullet switch off automatically sometimes?

A P.
A P.asked
Keratin 230

Can any one tell me of my plates are ment to rock, move from side to side? Or did I get a faulty flat iron?

See all Silver Bullet Keratin 230 questions

Features:

• The Silver Bullet Keratin 230 Hair Straightener comes in a range of models. You can choose from ceramic or titanium plates with widths of 25mm or 37mm (ceramic) or 38mm (titanium).
  • The iron has adjustable temperature up to 230°C, so you can choose a heat level that works for your hair type.
  • The controls of the straightener are inside the handle, meaning you don’t have to worry about accidentally changing them and ruining your hair styling groove.
  • A titanium model comes with a nylon cushion paddle brush, a carbon styling comb, a heat-resistant mat, and 4 crocodile clips. Those who buy a ceramic model will get a paddle brush, carbon stylin comb, heat-resistant carry pouch, thermal heat protector nozzle, and 4 crocodile clips.
  • This product comes with a 3-year warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Silver Bullet Keratin 230 effectively straightened their hair without appearing to damage it. Some reviewers even noted that their hair actually looked glossier and silkier after using it.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how smoothly it glided through their hair without tugging it.
  • According to reviewers, the straightener is also easy to use, as it’s lightweight and ergonomic.
Compare both Silver Bullet Keratin 230
CategoryHair StraightenersHair Straighteners
Price (RRP) $229.96$239.95
FeaturesStorage Case and Universal VoltageStorage Case and Universal Voltage
Plate MaterialCeramicTitanium
Min Temperature80 °C80 °C
Max Temperature230 °C230 °C
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack