Silver Bullet Keratin 230

Silver Bullet Keratin 230

230 and 230 Titanium

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BEWARE: read this BEFORE buying a silver bullet hair straightener. Terrible product

I bought 2 of these, one for myself and one for my daughter in Oct 2018. They worked for about 2 months then started faulting. they BOTH had times were they did not heat up at all, or heat up a little bit but useless to be of any good, and then sometimes heated up perfectly. They are completely unreliable and the fact that TWO of them started doing this over time....yet still only 5 months old shows up that the product is bad. I will NEVER ever be wasting my money on a Silver bullet hair straightener again. Very Very unreliable and constantly lets you down right when you desperately needed it to work.

Purchased in October 2018 at Sydney Hair Salon for $200.00.

Hair Length Medium
Hair Style Straight

Ok quality

The straightener works well for about 2-3 months and then it started to become rusty and dirt started to build up in the ceremic surface. It works great for the price but however it can be better

Purchased in December 2018 at Half Price Shutters WA for $29.99.

Hair Care
Hair Length Medium
Hair Style Straight

Not happy with purchase

After reading reviews I was exciting to get the silver bullet 230 titanium. But I'm so disappointed and even called the store where I purchased to get an exchange. It catches my hair doesn't leave a nice shine like previous straighteners have. My hair appears to be more damage from using it and I've had to start using Olaplex alot more on my hair.

Awesome product - no regrets!

Purchase this iron! The heat levels are great because you can customize the level to the thickness of your hair. It's narrow enough that you can get the strands from the root and not have to deal with the crease an iron can make in your hair if you start further down. This iron does not pull my hair out at all and really works. I was shocked for the price that this iron would be so great but I read the reviews and I agree with them all. It really was a great purchase. I have naturally wavy to curly hair that's fine in texture, and I straightened my hair when we were on vacation in the heat and humidity in St. Thomas and it worked great!

Best hair straightener ever!!!

and I still don't like doing my hair. But, I have two daughters with thick course hair, this straightener has worked magic on their strands. This cuts hair time in half. Instead of blow drying after a wash, I let their hair air dry overnight.

Love this!

This hair straightener is amazing, I have tried many brands in the past until I was recommended onto this product. It heats up super quickly and straightens my thick hair in just minutes. My hair is undamaged from this straightener I absolutely love it.

Horrendous

I’m onto my third silver bullet since April 2018, if it’s not pulling my hair out at the root, or snapping it off, it’s not even turning on. To think I got rid of my GHD for this. I can’t understand how its advertised as ‘smooth’, there is nothing smooth about it.

Absolutely love it

So easy and quick I have. Lot of hair and very curly does not take long make smooth I use this daily and no breakage love love love it will buy another when this dies

Easy and good

Great straighteners i saw some reviews of this hair straighteners and people say its bad how this is my favourite as it does have some pros and cons the pros outweigh the cons

Worst straightener I've ever used

This is bad far the worst hair straightener I've ever used. I wanted an upgrade from my muk and thought I'd try this after reading reviews on it. It clamps and pulls on my hair. It only straightens small (tiny) portions of hair at a time. Please dont waste your money on this below average product.

Good and easy to use

I love this bullet straightener and love the way my hair looks so glossy and silky after using them, such as difference, I do not need to go to a salon as often and can just style my hair with eas at home thanks to Silver Bullet Keratin 230, would recommend this product to a friend!

Crap

This is so bad it doesn't straighten my hair, it burnt it leaving crimps in it and i put it on my leg and it burnt it. Takes forever to heat up.

Love it! Better than my old ghd

Needed a replacement of my original ghd straightener as the current ghds are badly made. The silver bullet was just as good as my old ghd if not better! Definitely better price-wise!

Great Product

After having 4 GHD straighteners break within 4 years, I decided to try the Silver Bullet. The straightener is light weight and doesn't snag on hair. I have thick, frizzy hair and the Silver Bullet works really well! The quality is very similar, if not better than the GHD Platinum :) I definitely recommend!

Amazing works so well

Heats up super quick normally switch it on and turn it up to 230. Super easy to use and good quality. Only have to go over my hair once. Has lasted me years

The best!

I’m a hairdresser so I have used all of the best brands, this one is by far the best! It doesnt snag the ends of your hair, it glides through beautifully. Heats up very quickly and last forever! Perfect for very very thick hair but also good for fine hair.

Good, but not as good as GHD.

Good, but not as good as their competitors. I just found that the results were not as good as they were for my GHD. I do feel however, that my hair burned a lot less so than GHD so that was a plus and perhaps why the results were not as good.

Better than a GHD

I had an old Silver Bullet for 3 or so years and once it died I had to replace it with another. The shop attendants were trying to sway me to buy a MUK but im glad i stuck with the Bullet. Has temp. settings, never catches my hair and included a heat mat and clips. Definitely recommend

Best I have found for fine hair

This is just excellent for fine hair. I have damaged my hair using cheaper straighteners before and will never make that mistake again. It heats up quickly and holds the temperature very evenly. I can spend some real time styling or just do a quick freshen up and it always does the trick. The pads are really slick on this and never grab my hair. Its the one to get!

Excellent!

I love this straightner, well worth the money, heats up instantly, never pulls or snags my hair. I have very long fine hair, this does no damage to it at all, the titanium plates are fantastic on your hair. I've been buying silver bullet for over 12 years & cannot fault. 5 stars.

Is this better than the Muk 230-IR Straightner? I am looking for a new straightener after I stepped on my Original Wide Plate GHD that I have had for 13 years and which never skipped a beat. Very devastated. I am tossing between the Silver Bullet Keratin 230 and the Muk 230-IR Straightener. I have very thick, frizzy, long, black Polynesian hair Has anyone used both of these products?

I have a ghd platinum that I am fairly happy with, I have long, very thick quite coarse hair and like to straighten and curl my hair, I have recently read some rave reviews about the silver bullet keratin 230 and just wondered if someone with similar hair to me has had a good experience with this straightener?
Hello Danica. I would be VERY wary of buying a Silver bullet hair straightener. Look at the reviews...they are either love it, or hate it. They are very very inconsistent and this is exactly what this product is!! I have just bought TWO of them (one for me and one for my daughter) from Sydney hair salon and they both worked fine for 8 weeks then started faulting. As in: they do not work at all - light turns on but it remains completely cold, they spasmodically heat up to half the heat required sometimes, for the first 2 months they sometimes work perfectly, they are completely unreliable. Just beware thats all! looks like it could be pot luck with these straighteners....some a good....some are crap.Thank you so much for your help, I think I will stick to my ghd. All the retailers selling them only say it's great so it is really good to receive an honest opinion. Thank you again for your help!

Does the silver bullet karatin 230 have an automatic sensor shut off due to inactivity?
I have the ceramic one YES it has a sleep mode if left onno it doesn't!

Silver Bullet 230Silver Bullet 230 Titanium