Silver Bullet Keratin 230

Silver Bullet Keratin 230

230 Titanium, 230

• Hair Length Long (5) and Medium (3)
  • Hair Style Curly (4), Straight (2) and Wavy (2)
  • Straightening Time 16.25 minutes
  • Hair Care
All things beauty

All things beautyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best iron ever!!

I had used ghd products for years and recently switched to Silver Bullet and it’s the best decision ever.
It heats up so quickly and glides smoothly through my hair. The ghd used to stick, but this one is very smooth. My hair stays straight for days! Excellent product

Purchased in May 2020 at Oz Hair & Beauty for A$200.00.

Hair StyleWavy

Purchased in June 2020.

Straightening Time20 minutes
Lydia

LydiaPerth, WA

SB has converted me from GHDs

Needed a straightener that went to 230’ to do keratin smoothing treatments as GHD do not go that high.
I feel GHD has gone off the boil, there’s are brilliant!

Purchased in September 2017.

Lydia

LydiaPerth, WA

0-230 in seconds!

Wasn’t sure about these straighteners at first as the Titanium plates are far different to the ceramic plates we have been used to ... But I am loving these straighteners now!

Purchased in October 2019 for A$150.00.

Pro Hair

Pro HairCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

Im a professional Hairdresser & ive had my Silver Bullet for over 5years now. It heats up quickly, easy to use and works perfectly. I've have had no problems at all.

Straightening Time20 minutes
Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for thick coarse hair

This straightener heats up in about 20seconds to 210C. Smoothens hair well and as it’s light weight it’s very easy to curl the hair. As it has titanium plates it glides smooth without any tugging or pulling.

The only reason why I haven’t given it a 5 star rating is because it didn’t wow me for the price I paid for it. I have another titanium straightener which I purchased for a lesser price and it has the same effect. When I set the temperature to 230C it didn’t really fasten the straightening process.

I like it but if I compare with other titanium straighteners it does not have any added benefits considering the extra price.

Purchased in April 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$200.00.

Hair StyleWavy
Straightening Time15 minutes

BEWARE: read this BEFORE buying a silver bullet hair straightener. Terrible product

I bought 2 of these, one for myself and one for my daughter in Oct 2018. They worked for about 2 months then started faulting. they BOTH had times were they did not heat up at all, or heat up a little bit but useless to be of any good, and then sometimes heated up perfectly. They are completely unreliable and the fact that TWO of them started doing this over time....yet still only 5 months old shows up that the product is bad. I will NEVER ever be wasting my money on a Silver bullet hair straightener again. Very Very unreliable and constantly lets you down right when you desperately needed it to work.

Purchased in October 2018 at Sydney Hair Salon for A$200.00.

Hair StyleStraight
Linh T

Linh TWestern Australia

Ok quality

The straightener works well for about 2-3 months and then it started to become rusty and dirt started to build up in the ceremic surface. It works great for the price but however it can be better

Purchased in December 2018 at Half Price Shutters WA for A$29.99.

Hair StyleStraight

Not happy with purchase

After reading reviews I was exciting to get the silver bullet 230 titanium. But I'm so disappointed and even called the store where I purchased to get an exchange. It catches my hair doesn't leave a nice shine like previous straighteners have. My hair appears to be more damage from using it and I've had to start using Olaplex alot more on my hair.

Find out how Silver Bullet Keratin 230 compares to other Hair Straighteners

Awesome product - no regrets!

Purchase this iron! The heat levels are great because you can customize the level to the thickness of your hair. It's narrow enough that you can get the strands from the root and not have to deal with the crease an iron can make in your hair if you start further down. This iron does not pull my hair out at all and really works. I was shocked for the price that this iron would be so great but I read the reviews and I agree with them all. It really was a great purchase. I have naturally wavy to curly hair that's fine in texture, and I straightened my hair when we were on vacation in the heat and humidity in St. Thomas and it worked great!

Declan K Struth

Declan K StruthMEREDITH

Best hair straightener ever!!!

and I still don't like doing my hair. But, I have two daughters with thick course hair, this straightener has worked magic on their strands. This cuts hair time in half. Instead of blow drying after a wash, I let their hair air dry overnight.

Soraka D

Soraka DToowoomba

Love this!

This hair straightener is amazing, I have tried many brands in the past until I was recommended onto this product. It heats up super quickly and straightens my thick hair in just minutes. My hair is undamaged from this straightener I absolutely love it.

Horrendous

I’m onto my third silver bullet since April 2018, if it’s not pulling my hair out at the root, or snapping it off, it’s not even turning on. To think I got rid of my GHD for this. I can’t understand how its advertised as ‘smooth’, there is nothing smooth about it.

Lisa

Lisa

Absolutely love it

So easy and quick I have. Lot of hair and very curly does not take long make smooth I use this daily and no breakage love love love it will buy another when this dies

Xaxvier

XaxvierPerth

Easy and good

Great straighteners i saw some reviews of this hair straighteners and people say its bad how this is my favourite as it does have some pros and cons the pros outweigh the cons

Bec v

Bec vAdelaide

Worst straightener I've ever used

This is bad far the worst hair straightener I've ever used. I wanted an upgrade from my muk and thought I'd try this after reading reviews on it. It clamps and pulls on my hair. It only straightens small (tiny) portions of hair at a time. Please dont waste your money on this below average product.

Tanya

TanyaSydney

Good and easy to use

I love this bullet straightener and love the way my hair looks so glossy and silky after using them, such as difference, I do not need to go to a salon as often and can just style my hair with eas at home thanks to Silver Bullet Keratin 230, would recommend this product to a friend!

Kinga

Kinga

Crap

This is so bad it doesn't straighten my hair, it burnt it leaving crimps in it and i put it on my leg and it burnt it. Takes forever to heat up.

Mel

MelHunter Region, NSW

Love it! Better than my old ghd

Needed a replacement of my original ghd straightener as the current ghds are badly made. The silver bullet was just as good as my old ghd if not better! Definitely better price-wise!

Great Product

After having 4 GHD straighteners break within 4 years, I decided to try the Silver Bullet. The straightener is light weight and doesn't snag on hair. I have thick, frizzy hair and the Silver Bullet works really well! The quality is very similar, if not better than the GHD Platinum :) I definitely recommend!

A P.

A P.asked

Keratin 230

Can any one tell me of my plates are ment to rock, move from side to side? Or did I get a faulty flat iron?

Sandy

Sandyasked

Keratin 230

Is this better than the Muk 230-IR Straightner?

I am looking for a new straightener after I stepped on my Original Wide Plate GHD that I have had for 13 years and which never skipped a beat. Very devastated.

I am tossing between the Silver Bullet Keratin 230 and the Muk 230-IR Straightener.

I have very thick, frizzy, long, black Polynesian hair

Has anyone used both of these products?

Danicaasked

230 Titanium

I have a ghd platinum that I am fairly happy with, I have long, very thick quite coarse hair and like to straighten and curl my hair, I have recently read some rave reviews about the silver bullet keratin 230 and just wondered if someone with similar hair to me has had a good experience with this straightener?

Our.Letterbox
Our.Letterbox

Hello Danica. I would be VERY wary of buying a Silver bullet hair straightener. Look at the reviews...they are either love it, or hate it. They are very very inconsistent and this is exactly what this product is!! I have just bought TWO of them (one for me and one for my daughter) from Sydney hair salon and they both worked fine for 8 weeks then started faulting. As in: they do not work at all - light turns on but it remains completely cold, they spasmodically heat up to half the heat required sometimes, for the first 2 months they sometimes work perfectly, they are completely unreliable.
Just beware thats all! looks like it could be pot luck with these straighteners....some a good....some are crap.

Danica

Thank you so much for your help, I think I will stick to my ghd. All the retailers selling them only say it's great so it is really good to receive an honest opinion. Thank you again for your help!

Compare all 2 Silver Bullet Keratin 230
Plate MaterialCeramicTitanium
Min Temperature80 °C80 °C
Max Temperature230 °C230 °C
Colour / FinishBlackBlack
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 2 Silver Bullet Keratin 230