Giant Power

Giant Power

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (39)
  • Purchase PriceA$11,548.00 (10)
  • Installation
Russell Smokie Dawson

Russell Smokie DawsonThe Mallee, VIC

Ice Cold Beer Thanks !

My AGM battery arrived super fast and was just in time for my annual Murray Cod opening trip with the boys.
I ran my Engel Fridge in the boat for ice cold beer with a solar panel to keep it topped up. It worked perfectly and had plenty of power to run the sounder & Min kota electric motor as well .

Panel Purchased 200 Watt

140 AGM battery

Have had the battery for 6 months now. Turn up in the time specified by delivery. Runs my 40 l fridge in the ute great with no worries. Would buy the product again

Warranty Claim MadeNo

This is my frig battery and it does the job very we

My first battery dropped a cell and the warranty service was excellent not problem being sent a replacement very happy and would use give a recommendation To anyone to use your batteries

Panel Purchased Kings 200 watt blanket

Barry

BarryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great Product

Delivery of battery was exceptionally fast and the battery has worked great under load. Will be buying any future batteries from the Aussie Batteries Company. Will recommend this company to others.

Robert J.

Robert J.

AGM 140AH Battery

Quick delivery of new battery arrived within time frame works very well using both solar and normal charging We are very happy with the service from Aussie Batteries more likely to deal with them again as i also bought an electrical meter reader which shows voltage as well as power going into battery easy toread

Adrian

AdrianCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great service and quick to solve a issue we had with a battery , there service and customer relations excellent , and the Despatch and delivery was excellent would and have recommended them to friends

AGM 120AH battery

Quick delivery of our new AGM 120AH battery. Glad we decided to upgrade our camping battery with this one. Overall we are very happy with it and service from Aussie Batteries.

Easy as

Battery arrived inside 5 days. Fitted perfectly and connected easily. Been in use for over 2 months and going great. Charging from solar, battery charger and car really well. Buy only Aussie.

Purchase PriceA$379.00

Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Deep Cycle Battery and customer care

Very good service from Aussie Batteries, received the battery within 3 days of order.
The original 130 AH Giant battery started to decrease in efficiency after about 20 months. I had it tested and the efficiency had decreased, sent the results off to Aussie Batteries and they replaced this battery with a new 140 AH battery on their pro rate scheme without any issues. received the replacement battery within a week after submitting the report.

Dave buck

Dave buckcaves beach

good service better batteries

had two batteries fail in my boat ordered two 120 amp deep cycle batteries from giant power had them on my door step in three days batteries are doing a great job

Does not let uou down

Battery is awesome runs my lighting fridge and also my travel oven.after i placed my order for battery it arrived in just over a week. Great company to deal with.

Fantastic company

I purchase a giant deep cell battery, and could not be happy with the product. Excellent company to deal, and the battery turn up on the date they said it would. I would recommend the company and giant power battery's to anyone wanting to purchase battery's etc.

Robert

RobertPeel, WA

Warning do not purchase from this company

I have had the same problem my system was $20000 and my inverter failed and allowed my batteries to over charge and swell wrecking them and the company claims to have superior warranty but does not want anything to do with it I have gone to consumer protection and the company has ignored them as well be advised do not spend money with this company

System Size6 KW
Purchase PriceA$20,000.00
Fabian F.

Fabian F.

Be warned .... Stay well away!!!!!!!

Nathan Gathercole, the director of this company has set up multiple companies to avoid responsibility for his product and installation. They installed an off grid solar system for us that never met the promised criteria. We took them to NCAT and won $50,000 in compensation, shortly there after Nathan liquidated the company and we were left out of pocket with a dud system that does not meet our needs.
Further Nathan's company did not have a licence to provide the off grid system in NSW.
He is still trading under several companies so beware!

System Size6.6 KW
Purchase PriceA$43,000.00

No customer service, bought $40 000 off the grid system, in one year, faults with inverter, no replies from support.

I thought I was going with a solid company, after spending $40G and installing 3 inverters / battery bank, etc; No customer service, I'm having ongoing weekly faults with on of the slave inverters, no replies from support. Reputation is everything! It's been over 2 months I've been waiting for a reply from their customer service.

Purchase PriceA$40,000.00

Find out how Giant Power compares to other Solar Retailers

Pray you dont need customer service

2 weeks without power, several phone calls from me to them & I still havent received a single phone call from them, let alone any assistance.
Their customer service isnt bad it simply doesnt exist!!!

System Size4,000 KW
Purchase PriceA$11,000.00

Giant AGM 140ah battery

Advise for buyers have your battery tested as the ah advertised isnt necessary correct I purchased a 140ah Giant AGM battery but it later turned out too be only 60ah.

Noel C.

Noel C.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great

Delivery of my 140 amp battery was spot on,all hooked up and showing great storridge capacity,only new yet so I will review in six months,but looking good.thanks team for the great advice and service.

Purchase PriceA$267.00

Giant Power 130AH Gel Battery

Very happy with my Giant Power 130AH Gel Battery. It's 12 months old now and still going strong. I have no hestitation running my 40lb transom mount electric motor for several days before I recharge it. Great price and prompt delivery.

Purchase PriceA$299.00

Sally Coleborn

Sally ColebornSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Support

After having a brand new camper built to our specifications in November 2015, we thought we would had made a sound investment. Our camper was fitted with a Giant Power IPS800 power unit, which on a recent trip started producing an error code when plugged into 240 supply. After many phone calls to Giant and leaving messages with the promise of a return call that never eventuates , I was told by the receptionist that as the unit was not purchased directly from them they cannot help me and cannot supply me with a copy of the manual. Seriously you are the manufacturer and you don’t support your own product? Will be removing this unit and replacing with a Redarc unit.

idris

idrisasked

What is the maxiumum current a single GIANT 140 amp hour battery can draw. I have four of these in parrallel. At times not very often I have been drawing 200 amps for about 20 mins at a time, ie about 50 amps each is this too much.

B Emeny

B Emenyasked

What is the voltage one should put into a 140 ah battery to achieve maximum capacity

Kazza
Kazza

I hope this helps you out with charging time and rates :)
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/what_is_the_c_rate. https://www.centurybatteries.com.au/content/documents/battery-talk/issue-2-battery-talk-battery-charging.pdf

Marty D.

Marty D.asked

The Giant 120AH battery is listed on their site as being 27kg, and the 140AH AGM battery is 32kg.

The site also states "with the increase in manufacturing technology, and substantial variances in products available in the market - including lead purity, density, footprint and lifespan - the weight is no longer a relevant metric to reflect a battery's capabilities".

I understand that traditional, a rule of thumb to determine if you were getting what you paid for was to use .3kg x Amps of AGM battery ( e.g. .3 x 120A = 36kgs).

Are there any battery experts on here that can confirm that a 140AH AGM battery could actually be 32kgs, and that customers are actually getting what they pay for?

Jason B.
Jason B.

Yes, AGM batteries are still 0.3 kg per Amp. Nothing has changed except the over stating of battery capacities by retailers

Other Solar Retailers