GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance

BEWARE of their random audits!!!

We have been with them for approx 5 years and have had good service until recently. Beware of their random audits. We were recently asked to provide around 40 receipts dating back 2 years ago. The audit team are also fairly accusatory. I think they use their "random" audits to try to annoy customers so they leave. They might try to use it to get rid of customers they don't want anymore.

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeFamily
Claim MadeNo

Be very Wary

We were lured to this Fund with the promise that we would have continued cover when we changed funds. This was not the case. Be very wary when joining this Fund. Needless to say we went back to HCF

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Claim MadeYes
Claim ApprovedNo

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

The guy I spoke to from GMHBA was rude and I felt like I was asking stupid questions about claims. And it's not stated in their policy that all their accredited dental clinics are only in Melbourne. My family lives in Sydney.

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainNo

So easy customer service

12 months but been in touch twice needing help, got nothing but great customer service and would recommend others to look at it

Insurance claim madeNo

Matching experience between large multi nation and local members' companies to which we have been cl

I have not been able to detect the difference between a large Multi National company and GMHBA Health Insurance when making a claim. We are certainly better off, overall financially, since changing companies.

Excellent Customer Service

3 years, During my time with this company it has been a pleasure to talk with real people if I have any questions .

best private medical insurer I have encountered in over 20 years

I have been with GMHBA for about 9 months. The recoveries on claims are very good compared to its competitors, the systems are great and it is easy to use. I recommend GMHBA to all my colleagues.

Wonderful staff:

Have only been with GMHBA for one year, however was with BUPA over 30 years. Have been paying private cover for 55 years...….give me GMHBA any day. Your customer service is wonderful, We are very happy with your company.

No problems at all!

I changed to this company from an 'all for profit and to hell with the members' one. I cannot be happier with GMHBA, I had been with them for just under a year and had a nasty accident. They met all the hospital and associated
expenses.

Insurance claim madeYes

Very happy but know no other

My wife and I signed up when we were married so that makes 63 years of membership.Before that I was covered by my parents policy.We have raised three children and have made many claims over the years and found GMHBA to have been very reliable and helpful.Have no intention of ever changing !

very satisfactory

I have been a member in excess of fifty years.
I have always found GMHBA staff most helpful in attending to my enquiries.

Insurance claim madeYes

GMHBA support in time of need

Over the prior 4 or 5 years I have endured several major health issues an the help provided by GMHBA has been excellent

Insurance claim madeYes

I do find your product good, but still no loyally system for clients who don't make large claims yea

5 Years. This the third review I have done and so far have not seen any changes, we only see our fees go up with no product changes.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great fund - great customer service

6 months. They offer a really good product and have wonderful customer service. Their products are simple to understand and straight forward.

Insurance claim madeYes

This insurance has suited me well,

About thirty two years, I have had many claims over the years. And I have always been very satisfied since the nineteen eighties.

Insurance claim madeYes

Never given us a reason to change.

We've been with GMHBA for over 10 years, and prior to my husband's cancer diagnosis, and they've always been easy to deal with, understanding, and more importantly value for money.,

Insurance claim madeNo

I have never had s problem with GMHBA but waiting for a payment from you since 1st October is prett

3years and you have been excellent . I don’t think I should have to wait this long for reimbursement. Do you ?

Happy to stay with GMHBA

Easy to deal with. Excellent dental rebates. Happy with GMHBA.
This is a customer friendly organisation. I believe I get value for money.

Insurance claim madeYes

Call centre staff are so helpful. They resolve every issue easily and in one call. They even help on how to claim so I get the best refund.
Howard

Very impressed.

Changed to GMHBA in 2018 after my daughter had also made the change for her family. We are very impressed with the personal service we have received from GMHBA. It is so easy to talk to a very helpful customer services person , and so easy to be able to claim on line. We are so glad that we changed from our previous insurer who we had been with for 20 years.