GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance

most pathetic, unhelpful, unworkable insurance company

I have to say this about GMHBA, they never answer the phone to deal with my queries. I have been with GMHBA for a about 8 or 9 of years and have not needed to make any claims other than dental (once) and eye claim for myself and family member. In this they have been adequate. However I am leaving a bad review because it is not acceptable to not provide some sort of customer service. 2 Business days to return an email???? I was on hold at 4 pm on a Thursday and was on hold for 10 minutes! I am trying to claim for ambulance (urgent service) and can't get any kind of service. Better off paying more and getting somewhere. I will be cancelling my membership with this joke of a company. It is impossible to get any clear answers to basic questions regarding any potential claims I have had this year

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Book AgainNo

Worst insurance and very rude customer care

I don't think this insurance is worth looking at, first they don't keep their word, secondly the customer care is rude and doesn't know anything about their product and pull gov policies from answering the questions. I requested to close the policy so they offered me new cheaper policy with reduced benefits but still charging the same, secondly when i ask why they are doing like that, they give me some gov policies things which no one mentioned any time in any form of communication. Why do we need medical insurance for just this extra headache? Worst provider, please beware of them...

Book AgainNo

BEWARE of their random audits!!!

We have been with them for approx 5 years and have had good service until recently. Beware of their random audits. We were recently asked to provide around 40 receipts dating back 2 years ago. The audit team are also fairly accusatory. I think they use their "random" audits to try to annoy customers so they leave. They might try to use it to get rid of customers they don't want anymore.

Be very Wary

We were lured to this Fund with the promise that we would have continued cover when we changed funds. This was not the case. Be very wary when joining this Fund. Needless to say we went back to HCF

Claim MadeYes
Claim ApprovedNo

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

The guy I spoke to from GMHBA was rude and I felt like I was asking stupid questions about claims. And it's not stated in their policy that all their accredited dental clinics are only in Melbourne. My family lives in Sydney.

So easy customer service

12 months but been in touch twice needing help, got nothing but great customer service and would recommend others to look at it

Insurance claim madeNo

Matching experience between large multi nation and local members' companies to which we have been cl

I have not been able to detect the difference between a large Multi National company and GMHBA Health Insurance when making a claim. We are certainly better off, overall financially, since changing companies.

Excellent Customer Service

3 years, During my time with this company it has been a pleasure to talk with real people if I have any questions .

best private medical insurer I have encountered in over 20 years

I have been with GMHBA for about 9 months. The recoveries on claims are very good compared to its competitors, the systems are great and it is easy to use. I recommend GMHBA to all my colleagues.

Wonderful staff:

Have only been with GMHBA for one year, however was with BUPA over 30 years. Have been paying private cover for 55 years...….give me GMHBA any day. Your customer service is wonderful, We are very happy with your company.

No problems at all!

I changed to this company from an 'all for profit and to hell with the members' one. I cannot be happier with GMHBA, I had been with them for just under a year and had a nasty accident. They met all the hospital and associated
expenses.

Insurance claim madeYes

Very happy but know no other

My wife and I signed up when we were married so that makes 63 years of membership.Before that I was covered by my parents policy.We have raised three children and have made many claims over the years and found GMHBA to have been very reliable and helpful.Have no intention of ever changing !

very satisfactory

I have been a member in excess of fifty years.
I have always found GMHBA staff most helpful in attending to my enquiries.

Insurance claim madeYes

GMHBA support in time of need

Over the prior 4 or 5 years I have endured several major health issues an the help provided by GMHBA has been excellent

Insurance claim madeYes

I do find your product good, but still no loyally system for clients who don't make large claims yea

5 Years. This the third review I have done and so far have not seen any changes, we only see our fees go up with no product changes.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great fund - great customer service

6 months. They offer a really good product and have wonderful customer service. Their products are simple to understand and straight forward.

Insurance claim madeYes

This insurance has suited me well,

About thirty two years, I have had many claims over the years. And I have always been very satisfied since the nineteen eighties.

Insurance claim madeYes

Never given us a reason to change.

We've been with GMHBA for over 10 years, and prior to my husband's cancer diagnosis, and they've always been easy to deal with, understanding, and more importantly value for money.,

Insurance claim madeNo

I have never had s problem with GMHBA but waiting for a payment from you since 1st October is prett

3years and you have been excellent . I don’t think I should have to wait this long for reimbursement. Do you ?

Happy to stay with GMHBA

Easy to deal with. Excellent dental rebates. Happy with GMHBA.
This is a customer friendly organisation. I believe I get value for money.