GMHBA Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (79) · No (4)
Michael P.
Michael P.

Not for profit, not for benefits either! ALL private health cover should include ambulance cover, what an absolute rort!

I've had private health for more than 30 years and have rarely claimed but the one time I need them we're not covered. An ambulance visit is something ALL private health cover services should automatically include in even the cheapest policies. I'm certain GMHBA will respond to this to protect those members that are most important to them .... THEMSELVES!

Ken
KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Must have health insurance

We have used our hospital cover a number of times over a few years now. We have had no problems with the claims process. The premiums keep increasing but I hope it is necessary for the fund to function properly.

Rob Cummins
Rob CumminsWestern District, VIC

GMHBA better than most

We moved to GMHBA last year after some very low rebates from an other heath insurer. We found the range of products more to our liking the staff at GMHBA where very helpful in tailoring the policy for us and so far they have been terrific to deal with.

A great product

Hi I have compared GMHBA online with others & is the best value for treatment that I could find.the claim process is as easy as over the phone they process the claim in 2 days

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

possible to have face to face

we chose GMHBA as they have an office in the regional centre where we live. The ladies who work there are so helpful and nothing is a bother. Go Warrnambool GMHBA!!

• Claim Made Yes

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Switched - then switched straight back!!!

These guys have taken care of me for several years now. Iselect told me they found me a better deal but they hadn't and GMHBA took me back and reinstated my health insurance. Never had any problems with claims or inquiries, and the returns are great

Alan
Alan

Not happy

I have found that it is impossible to speak with a representative to discuss issues relating to claims. This is extremely frustrating and will almost certainly cause me to seek insurance from another provider.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Greg
Greg

Wonderful Health Insurance Company

My wife and I have been with GMHBA for the past 18 years...GMHBA has continually met all of our expectations and more.. they have been supportive when I was in need of professional help outside the hospital system and continue to provide this financial support..They are up front and open about their products..we can not talk highly of GMHBA and there on going assistance in meeting our health needs...and on top of that they are very reasonable in there monthly fees..we are with them for life.

Smithy
SmithySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with it over a long term. We have had a bad 3 years with massive claims without a hiccup from GMHBA.

See above full statement. Very happy with it over the long term. Never a worry re massive claims over last 3 years. Highly recommend GMHBA for health coverage. We will stick with them.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

The right benefits, the right value, the right service. Doesn't get much better than that

Moved to GMHBA in frustration with another mainstream provider and couldn't be happier. We've been with them for a few years now and major times for support. Heart issues dental issues and GMHBA always there and top flight.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

This is perfect, just right for us.

I have been with this insurance company since 1960. It has always provided excellent support firstly when I was still single then as a married person and with three children both in Australia and overseas.

Gwen
GwenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extras claims.

It would be better if I could pick some extras and drop some apart from pregnancy. I use chiropractor and not physios. Some claim limits could be larger than others.

Find out how GMHBA Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Horrendous GMHBA backflip after 35 years membership.

Member of GMHBA for 35 years and after my wife's back surgery and being told from a GMHBA staff person that we were to receive 8 home Physo visits- only to be told 4 weeks later that this HAS now been scrapped by GMHBA. No reason given and upper management just scrambled and were no help what so ever!!! Never been so disappointed in a company before, perhaps if they paid a visit to see the pain and struggle my wife has had to face in the last 9 months they may have changed their minds on this horrendous decision. Members before profit- I DONT THINK SO !!!!!!

WendyChef
WendyChefGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

'Not for Profit', Excellent Service and Partners with Convenient Medical Services

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Good policy but needs improvement

I think the insurance we pay is expensive for what the rewards are that we receive back. We are in the highest possible cover and still feel that for some of the ancillaries the amount received back is certainly not sufficient. The cover needs to improve.