Golf Bush Challenger
See the Best Caravans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Golf Caravans? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Interior Build Quality
  • Off-roading Performance
  • Exterior Build Quality
  • Comfort
Vicki Leeson
Vicki LeesonCentral Queensland, QLD

We Love it. Goes where we want and so easy up and down. Electric lift on ours

Great towing hardly know it's there.
Feels like home and so nice when on beach as it does not obstruct views or breeze.
Ours has aircon and also a great bonus when we have needed it

Purchased in September 2016.

Golf Challenger 4 Everything we need and more!

We bought our Bush Challenger 4 secondhand and after catching up on some maintenance items we love it. We have just returned from a trip to Fraser Island and the Golf handled everything Fraser could throw at it.

Purchased in July 2019.

Other Caravans

customer service is nonexistent in Bomaderry

We bought a Bush challenger 3 from the Eastern Creek show, the deal was accepted with a 2 week delivery.???
The presentation on delivery was not acceptable, iron filings from drilling was rusting on roof, cupboards still had dust etc inside.
Tow hitch was fitted upside down, cupboard doors needed attention, the list goes on.we completed the work ourselves to avoid frustration dealing the manger.

Murray
MurraySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not perfect but suits us fine

Bought our Golf Bush Challenger LE at a show in 2013. Have had a couple of minor issues but nothing that cant be overcome. Have travelled to Cooktown in the north and south to Tasmania, plus numerous short trips. Planning a Darwin trip next year. Recently had it weighed and have just upgraded the axle and springs from 1450kg to 1600kg as we were over the atm with water tanks full. Would suggest that they do this in the factory as the extra cost would be minimal then compared to later to make it legal.

Cas
CasBrisbane

3 star for product zero for sales management

We purchased a Bush Challenger 3 in Feb 2018 from River City RVs which is now GOLF Super Centre Burpengary QLD. Same site, same product, same management and reception.
3 stars for the product purchased. Zero stars for the management. They do not follow through on things promised at time of purchase. Once they have your money they are elusive. After several early issues and no follow through from them we are very disappointed. Our advice is- find another vendor.
There are other centres, not too far away who sell comparable campers.

mcmacca69
mcmacca69AU

We love our Golf Bush Challenger 1.

Purchased a Golf Bush Challenger 1 camper trailer. Very happy and great customer service. My family love this camper. We just had some heavy rain and not one leak. Amazing value and good quality workmanship. The auto pop up works a treat. Fridge gets very cold on gas. Water heater works well too :). Towing is easy and rides very well. Would recommend to anyone. For the price they use to be this is a bargain. Better then those camper trailers coming out of China and ours is Aussie made :)

Upgrade PackShow special, water heater, pole holder, bed flys, tool box, tv antenna, 80 watt sola
Peter
PeterNewcastle

Good customer service, solid well constructed camper.

Upgrade Pack$6k of extras
Floor PlanGolf Bush Challenger 1

Your Top 5 Caravan Questions, Answered

From long weekend camping trips to living on the road, caravans let us explore the great outdoors in comfort and style. Whether you’re interested in caravans for sale or caravan hire, a luxury caravan or the ‘simple life’ type, this article will answer five questions you might have about investing in a new home on wheels.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 July 2020
your-top-5-caravan-questions-answered

Not a problem

Me my wife and two kids are out in our van every 2 nd week we go bush, up the beach and have not had one problem for $30k
we look at it as a tent on wheels that takes 20 min to put up and 20 min to pull down , we did change the beds both ends cost $240.00 for both
and had the best nights sleep . if you read the manual you will not have a problem , you are crazy if you do not put the support poles in after you
have put it up ,

Upgrade PackWildtrack

About the roof mainly - June 2011 Bush Challenger

Very good so far

We have used the Golf Bush Challenger 3 times, and all good so far, its not a Jaguar, so for the $30 K, we paid, we are satisfied with the unit so far, the dealer from Morrisett has been less than perfect to deal with, but there are plenty of service places for camper trailers and places to buy them

Over rated

Floor PlanBush challenger wildtrak 2

Barb2589Northeast, VIC

Disappointed

Floor PlanBush challenger

Wilbo
WilboSydney

Golf Challengers warning before you buy

Ross

Poppa SmurfLogan City

Good but...

Mark D.asked
Bush Challenger

Where is the Mains switch for the Thetford Fridge freezer, it is switched to mains on the dial but nothing is happening, am I missing something obvious ? Mark...

Paul B.

Hi Mark, I presume when you say nothing is happening it is not getting cold? The fridge is silent in all modes. I have never had any issues on 240volt but all the electrical gear is under the seat along with the battery so check there.

Mark D.

Yes Paul, and thank you, the no noise worried me but patience has prevailed, I have a warm bench and a cold fridge. Thank you for taking the time on Easter Sunday, LYW, happy travels, Mark...

Garth W.
Garth W.asked
Bush Challenger

Does the electric roof work on the battery being charged. I have the 240 pulged Jan and still nothing.

Brayden S.
Brayden S.

I unfortunately am having the same problem. I cannot get it to raise. My manual override roof raiser does not seem to work (it looks like something is missing??

Greg S.
Greg S.asked
Bush Challenger

I have a bush challenger with an electric motor to raise the roof. It works ok for most of the raise then stops (probably 3/4's of the way up). I have spare fuses to replace though the fuse is hot to touch to remove. Once fuse is changed it may only go up a couple of centimetres then stop. I continue to change the fuses until it reaches full height. Any suggestions as to a possible problem or fix. Thanks Greg

Paul B.

Greg There is a wooden panel under the lounge seat at the very front. Remove four screws and you can get at the cable system. I grease all of the moving bits with lithium grease. Probably once a year. Also wgen we get hlme from a trip and put the roof up tp clran it out i spray a small amount of lanox on the roof post sliding joint.
Try these two things.

Unhappy
Unhappy

Sorry mate, I got rid of my challenger to much problems. Before selling it I used the button inside the storage compartment to raise an lower the roof. Also check the wiring contact cable where the wires join the electric box inside the storage compartment they do become loose.

gary
gary

my golf challenger electric roof has broken the worm where can i buy one or does it have to go to golf for repairs.

See all Golf Bush Challenger questions

Golf Bush Challenger

Compare all 4 Golf Bush Challenger
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity8 people4 people8 people8 people
Tare Weight1,370 kg1,300 kg1,355 kg1,440 kg
Travel Length4.165 m4.165 m4.165 m4.165 m
Exterior Features240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point
Kitchen InclusionsFridge, Microwave and OvenFridge, Microwave and OvenFridge, Microwave and OvenFridge, Microwave and Oven
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2012Aug 2012Aug 2012Aug 2012