Google Home Mini

Google Home Mini

MPNs: GA00210-AU, GA00216, GA00216-AU and 2 more
See the Best Speakers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great only if you're prepared to subscribe to music services.

Sounds fine for the size and not expensive but beware if you are not prepared to pay $12 a month for subscribing to the music services.

Practically, after every song you ask to play (at Google's choice, mind you), you will be hounded time and time again by a Google message that if you wanted uninterrupted and choice of music, you will have to pay for subscription. Now that's how they make money off you.

Disappointing, if you ask me. Just get a radio, there's less interruptions.

Purchased in October 2020.

sahil a.
sahil a.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good but irritates alot

Very easy to use, just say something and 80% matches your voice and plays on TV. Specially good with newborns n toddlers n you don't have free hand to put music or tv while feeding baby so you get a help specially in countries like australia/America where you are all by urself. But cons are it goes mad somedays , doesnt listen anything properly and i get tired speaking. Otherwise its a must buy.. Google stop irritating

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for $60.00.

Daniel J
Daniel JSydney, NSW

Worth $0.

Always pushes google products even though I’ve paid for others.
Eg never plays Spotify even though I’ve set it as my default music player - always selects YouTube music then asks me to upgrade to premium.
Pretty disappointed that this is even allowed - it should be made clear to consumers that this is not a bipartisan product.

Purchased in February 2018 for $79.00.

John C
John CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hey Google, you only get 4 stars

It does what it should but I don't like how it tries to push Google Assistant with everything. I know you're collecting data on everything I say but give me the option to opt-out easily.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for $50.00.

Jay
JaySydney, NSW

Excellent product

Unique product. Nice and compact. The voice recognition is very advanced and responsive. Good for controlling smart devices like WIFI plugs etc . It loses one star as I am a bit uncomfortable that it stores all my voice commands and searches, breach of privacy I think. I hope it is not listening when it is OFF!!

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $74.00.

Esther
EstherSydney

Decent - but not worth Money

Not much use for this product besides it's voice commands. This gadget acts as a speaker and weather boy - but that is about it. There is not much else to it and after a few months there is a high possibility you will grow out of it, and it will just sit there collecting dust!

Ivy
Ivy

Great value! Not to be afraid of smart technology!

Recently installed my mini. I absolutely love the morning routine. It plays the weather, news and then music on Spotify (free) for me. The quality of sound and microphone both work really well. Great value as well. I would rather spend money on Mini then any other speaker.

Vin
VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Morning routine gadget

This gadget works like a news caster everyday once you greet her. It will give you the things you need based on your preferences and settings of your account. This Google Nest is very attentive once you started asking question. The speaker performance is great as well as the microphone. Highly recommended and good value for money.

rebecca
rebecca

Pretty decent

The volume and sound quality are great, it is a nice compact size so good for taking to work with me. However sometimes it disconnects from my phone in the middle of songs and I have to reconnect a few times.

Purchased at Catch for $44.00.

sandeep a.
sandeep a.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is Perfect ! My go to for everything !

I was a bit hesitant to buy the product. But wow, the speaker quality is good and the two-way conversation with google home is seamless. I can ask it to play my NetFlix or Spotify, information about weather and any GK question.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kmart for $32.00.

Karan
KaranSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does the job!

I bought it from JB HiFi because there was a promotion going on I think I saved my money. The device works fine but sometimes it talks randomly without saying "OK Google" or "Hey Google" which is so weird. Sometimes it doesn't pick the voice But it talks to you like real human. I meant to say better than Siri :) I have even connected google mini with wifi light bulbs and they are working great! so I am satisfied!

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $45.00.

SavvyShopper
SavvyShopperCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Terrible product

Bought a home mini off google store in May last year. Worked ok for first few months and then from October started playing up. It would turn off automatically every now and then. Contact google Australia but that has been a nightmare. Countless HOURS on the phone has not got me anywhere. I still have the faulty unit and hasn’t been sorted in last 5 months! Wont recommend a google home specially buying anything from Google directly. Things would have been easier if I bought it from JB HiFi!

Purchased in April 2019 at Google Store for $79.00.

Sandi B.
Sandi B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lots of fun

Purchased for my 10 year old son together with a smart lightglobe and he loves it. He uses it to set alarms and play ambient music before he goes to bed. He also enjoys turning lights off with it and annoying his sisters. The only downside is I get sick of hearing Hey Google! Easy to set up and very easy to use.

Purchased in January 2020 at Officeworks for $35.00.

Emmy H.
Emmy H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's good if you feel like being lazy

The Google home mini is great if you can't find the tv remote so instead you ask Google to turn the tv on or off, it doesn't change the channel though, that would be good if it did. Also good if you need information quickly.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Steve1973
Steve1973Melbourne

Can’t make calls. Can’t choose songs

Google Home is advertised that it allows you to make hands free calls. We tried to set this up in Google Home. Turns out this only works if you have a Telstra mobile number.

Tried to play a particular song, like advertised, and it says you need YouTube Music account to do that.

OK Google, so you want me to pay an extra $70 per month to use this $40 toy. Thanks Google.