Google Home Mini

Google Home Mini

MPN: GA00216-AU

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (9%) · No (91%)

Thumpa

ThumpaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

21st century

I got a google home mini for Xmas.. it’s an awesome product...full of information just ask it and it gives you a reply ...a bit like the missus...welcome to the 21st century Duck rogers!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Officeworks.

gaet

gaet

When it works its great, but.....

As a smart speaker alone it's pretty decent product. The sound quality is not bad for something at this size and price point. Where it has issue is its bluetooth connectivity. When I use it as a bluetooth speaker with my laptop, it will regularly drop its connection with my laptop. Sometimes it will be fine for a few hours, other times it will just drop within minutes. If you search the google support forums, you will find that its a common issue/flaw that they know about, but have yet to find a way to solving it even after all this time.

Purchased in May 2019.

Tui Strickland

Tui StricklandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't live without it

I love love love this. When I want to play music all I have to say is hey Google Play YouTube and boom YouTube plays not only that it tells me the weather for today as well just something small and great

Trish

TrishSydney, NSW

Google home mini

Great product, easy to set up, very good speaker to blue tooth your music at home, and a affordable price, can get it in other colours to match home. I give it a ten

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $54.00.

DavidN

DavidNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Google Home Mini trumps Echo Dot as voice assistant with some draw backs

Purchased in July 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $45.00.

Let's be honest, this product is useless....

It is an egg timer. That's all.

Well over 80% of my inquiries lead to the most common response you will get - "I'm sorry, I can't help you with that, but I'm still learning...."

B.S. It is not learning. It is spying at best. And that part I don't even mind if it actually learned something from all that spying!

This device is about 10 years too early to market. It's a voice activated alarm clock and timer. That's all. Anything else it does is so mundane it lowers your IQ after listening to it.

Do yourself a favor and purchase this device after version 10.0 has been released. Right now, it's just a spying paperweight.

Purchased in April 2018.

BenMiles

BenMilesGippsland, VIC

The privacy concerns far outweigh this device's usefulness

Purchased at eBay for $40.00.

reyan

reyanSouthwest, VIC

Not just a wire tap device

Got my Home Mini a few weeks back, took a spot my bathroom, sound is just right for the small space and come in handy during the morning for weather and local radio streaming. I have setup some automation with light switches that work great with voice commands too.

Purchased in June 2019 for $79.00.

Kazzie

KazzieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fun!!

Once I received my Google mini set up was super easy. Once I got it going it was super handy .sucked that if the internet was weak or off it wouldnt work

Purchased in January 2019.

Danielle

Danielle

Bang for your buck!

Purchased in February 2019.

Jamyson G.

Jamyson G.

The most entertaining piece of cheap TECH

I have 6 google homes just because its funny and they are the best things to have. I can talk to my friends across them, I can set timers and alarms as well as use the google to give me definitions of homework words. If you are thinking to buy the home pod, do not as these google mini's are way more superior and they actually speak to you coherently unlike siri.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $79.00.

Chaeoss91

Chaeoss91Murray Region, NSW

Awesome smart home starter

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $74.00.

Anne C

Anne CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Google Home Helper!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $79.00.

JanieB

JanieBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it!

I work in a home-office and have had an old radio playing music for the past couple of years. What I love about the Google Home Mini is that I can listen to multiple stations and ask it questions - its like having an assistant sitting beside me. I bought it just for the music but totally underestimated its other uses - definitely worth buying.

Purchased in July 2019 at Catch for $44.00.

Railea

RaileaHunter Region, NSW

Great little organiser

My daughter got a Mini for her birthday and she's completely smitten. She's also much more organised and on top of life. It's intuitive, plays her favourite tunes, and lets her know when her next uni assignment is getting close to being due.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $50.00.

Dani

Dani

So handy!

I love my google home mini. It’s really easy to use and understands you fairly accurately. I have lights controlled by it, routines set automatically. It’s created so much ease in day to day things, knowing the weather and simply playing the radio when I get up. Highly recommend

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $64.00.

can't set up

app takes many times to find.finally says connect but won't.totally useless.glad i got it for free.anyone is welcome to have it before i smash it alright alright aliright ok ok

Purchased in August 2019.

Beccyboo

BeccybooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great, but has flaws

We have a couple in our house as well as google home and google home hub.
Kids love asking questions and hearing funny replies, getting instant answers on general knowledge, weather, time etc. Great for use as a timer and for listening to sleep sounds at bedtime.
It is annoying that you need to pay for music subscription and even if I have set something up with the home hub, not always guaranteed to work on the mini. Syncing issued. Voice ID issues sometimes too.
I think the quality of found is pretty good for music though.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hifi Home for $50.00.

Joanna

JoannaSydney, NSW

Can’t live without it now!

Such a great thing to own. Helps everyone at home. Even with my sons homework. Super easy to set up and even easier to use. Great purchase! Only downside is, you need subscriptions for music :-(

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia for $48.00.

dunbro

dunbroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Too Many Bugs

Very easy to use and setup if you only have a few things that you want to control via the voice commands like a TV. If you start to introduce smart plugs, IR blasters, sound systems, lights, air conditioners etc then Google assistant cant control many of the more complex commands eg Home Theatres. You simply get a response "I'm still learning how to do this". There are also many many bugs, just too many to mention here that require fixing first. Give the product another 6 months to a year and I'm sure the majority of problems will be ironed out but for now its only good for turning things on and off, don't expect either the scenes or routines to work very well in advanced functions.

Purchased in July 2019 at Google Store.

Pete A.

Pete A.asked

Hey Google
When (or if) will you be able to make voice phone calls in Australia as you can in USA/Canada/UK ?
Also, , when (or if) will you be able to voice print the SHOPPING LIST ? It seems there is a way to do so with HP printers however I have a Canon.
Apart from the above I've had my mini for about a month and I seriously like it.
Regards
Pete Ashmore, Bega, Australia

Margaret N

Margaret Nasked

I don't have nbn or adsl and I usually hotspot all my devises from my mobile phone. Can I do this with the mini?

C Nguyen
C Nguyen

Better to check with google care

Wes

Wesasked

Hi max, you might have a couple of this going on.it could be you internet buffering so it will cut in and out on that.are you Bluetoothing it to another speaker.i have my connected to a Sony xb30 which is an amazing speaker for bass for a little unit but it does the same.iv unpaired and paired again and some times it works fine and some not.bluetoothed from my iPad and it works beautifully so I get the same as you from time to time.could also be the distance from mini to modem but again not sure.

Get an answer from our members and Google representatives