Google Nest Wifi

Google Nest Wifi

• Number of Connected Devices 13.333 devices (12)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Sally P.

Sally P.Sydney, NSW

Amazing! Finally WiFi the whole family can use!

I had nothing but problems with my Wifi, dozens of phone calls and I was about to change providers again when I found out about the Google nest. I have a 2 story house and have 1 point upstairs, one in the dining room at the other end of the house and the main one in the office. I now have full wifi reception everywhere in my house including the backyard where I never had connection before. No drop outs at all. I had heard that it was not compatible with Ring doorbells or security cameras so I was a bit concerned but my 3 ring devices connected immediately with no issues. Highly recommend to anyone! So easy to set up too.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$479.00.

Number of Connected Devices 12 devices
ISPAussie Broadband
Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No More Dead Zones

My family and I have been struggling with Dead Zones in our home for so long. Purchased other Wifi extenders but I still found unless the extender was near by the modem, I still had issues. But not anymore. Google Nest was worth every dollar spent. No more drop outs, no more lagging when gaming and no more waiting for pages to load. Thanks Google!

Purchased in October 2020 at Officeworks Online store.

SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

Good but over priced

Google Nest WiFi does the job well but it is very expensive. It is a router. So we need an ISP modem to set it up. Beautiful design and small size.

Set up is very easy. Router settings such as Guest network, WPA3, can be done in Google Home app. But interface is still not good as other modem or router settings page.

There are only two ethernet ports which is not enough. One for modem, so only one port would be available to use.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
Routers

Find out how Google Nest Wifi compares to other Routers

Justin

JustinAlbury

Rubbish for the cost

This has to be one of the most frustrating Wi-Fi systems I've ever bought typically it has Google's ever-changing and never functioning properly menus god help you if you have to do a factory reset and you're on Satellite broadband because you have to travel back into reception in order to set up the device. I have a have a very basic setup in my home yet Google WiFi Nest can only deliver half the bandwidth that my ISP can provide despite searching Google forums, Google claims the issue is some problem with my set up but really it's the device itself... don't buy look for alternative mesh products.

Purchased in April 2020.

Number of Connected Devices 1 devices
Paul

PaulBrisbane

Nice idea but very unreliable with constant drop-outs

Purchased a nest wifi 3 pack to set up a mesh wifi network at home. Set up was easy and was up and running in less than 30 min. After a couple of months the router kept on dropping out which means I lost wifi coverage across the house. Contacted Google support (hard to find them) and was given the whole script of re-booting, changing DNS settings and so on. The problem would go away for a couple of days but come back and Google tried to tell me to re-boot again even though nothing had changed. Its totally unreliable and the support was atrocious - I'll be buying something else once I get me refund

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Number of Connected Devices 12 devices
Janet P.

Janet P.

Very good coverage and signal strength, pricey though

I've tried a few mesh wifi solutions before, in comparison Google Nest Wifi seems to provide superior coverage, speed and stability. Setup is super easy even for non technical user. My only complain is the price tag. Certainly much more expensive than some alternatives out there. On the plus side, it also functions as Google Home and mediocre smart speakers.

Purchased in July 2020.

Kirk Lambie

Kirk LambieAU

Fast wifi however I have found it does drop out a fair bit. Struggles handling devices on the lan, some devices

Fast wifi
Drops out
Lacks security in Google home app all or nothing approach
Struggles with Lan of some devices
My old router did a better job
Easy to set up
Not as good as expected

Purchased at Officeworks.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Very useful!

We got the Google Nest for kids to ask questions. We ended up using it to play any genres of songs that come to our mind. We also use it to play our trips, like asking the distance between two locations, time it takes to drive, etc.

Purchased in June 2020.

Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beautiful addition to home

Google nest wifi is easy to install, and the point acts as a google assistant speaker! It solved the issue with wifi dead zone at my home. The downsize is it doesn’t support WIFI6, and it only has two Ethernet ports, you will need gigabit switch if you plan to connect more devices to it via Ethernet

Purchased in June 2020 at Toby Deals for A$339.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ISPBelong Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
ModemNo
Routers

Find out how Google Nest Wifi compares to other Routers

Kokodarick

KokodarickSydney, NSW

Simply Works

We had some dead zones in the house so bought the new nest. It was easy to install and solved all our wifi problems. its comes with the added benefits of being a speaker (for music etc) and google assistant to allow you to control things like kids ipads.

Purchased in March 2020.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
ISPBelong Broadband NBN
Joshua

JoshuaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simple, Extremely Fast & a Google Assistant Speaker!

Super easy to connect. The google app during setup was a breeze! Highly recommend! Currently using Aussie Broadband's NBN 1000Mbps/50Mbps Unlimited, and got average speeds of 850Mbps / 35Mps. I can use it to play music and turn on my smart home devices! It's an all in one gem! Highly recommend to anyone who isn't that tech savvy, but just want super fast and simple internet.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$269.00.

Benzieb

BenziebPerth, WA

Finally! Excellent Wifi throughout my house.

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$496.00.

Number of Connected Devices 40 devices
ISPPentanet Fixed Wireless
swamprat96

swamprat96

Great product and easy setup -best for FTTP/C/B and HFC NBN

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$438.00.

Number of Connected Devices 30 devices