Google Nest Wifi

Google Nest Wifi

MPNs: GA00595-AU, GA00822-AU, GA00823 and GA00823-AU
See the Best Routers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 16 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Not a fan
Not a fanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THis has been great during lockdowns

Works well to extend the wifi in our two storey house. It even works as an intercom between units. Love that we can play music on them in any room as well. Sparked additional purchases of more speakers as quality of sound is great. Comparable to our Bose sound link.

Purchased in January 2020.

Zach
ZachSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy to manage with reliable coverage.

Easy to integrate to the NBN installation.
Nest can support up to 200 devices, and with my current installation with 65 devices connected, no issues found.
Excellent performance, coverage and throughput with the nest routers and two WIFI points.

Purchased in June 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

Lloyd A.
Lloyd A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, but..

Purchased in March 2021 at Officeworks.

craigwreid1
craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Brilliant

Bought this system as our wifi was (despite purchasing a booster) dead more than about 10m from the router. We’re now getting blazing fast speeds in areas that were normally dead spots - even on the lower level of the house and outside on our deck. Setup was a breeze too. You can also play music through them and use google assistant but only via compatible apps. We are Apple users so that doesn’t help us too much but it was an added extra we didn’t expect.

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $469.00.

Jeremy L
Jeremy LHunter Region, NSW

Works great. Highly recommend it if you're after an all-in-one for a Wi-Fi mesh network plus Google Nest Audio

Have had this model together mixed with a few of the standard Google Wi-Fi units to provide a seamless Wi-Fi mesh network and Google Home solution with the audio features built-in.

Would highly recommend to anyone looking to have full Wi-Fi coverage in their home as well as the beginning of a smart home solution.

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $498.00.

Tahlia J.
Tahlia J.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Great when it works, crap when it doesn’t

Worked well for half a year or so then stopped working... had 4 tech people try to fix to no avail. The common comment was that it’s not uncommon for the Google next to stop working and then really hard to get it working again.

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks Online store for $499.00.

Walter Adamson
Walter AdamsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great when it works but constantly drops out

Purchased in August 2020 at Google Store.

Do not but this

Honestly if I could leave more reviews on my customer’s behalf, DEFINITELY WOULD

I HAVE PURCHASED 5 google nest wifi for my clients,
Every single one of them are complaining about the poor connection and internet quality

Old version would work better but this model is absolutely garbage
Tried resetting the devices and even chatted with technical support since they don’t have phone support .

NO RESULT

Purchased in May 2020.

Sally P.
Sally P.Sydney, NSW

Amazing! Finally WiFi the whole family can use!

I had nothing but problems with my Wifi, dozens of phone calls and I was about to change providers again when I found out about the Google nest. I have a 2 story house and have 1 point upstairs, one in the dining room at the other end of the house and the main one in the office. I now have full wifi reception everywhere in my house including the backyard where I never had connection before. No drop outs at all. I had heard that it was not compatible with Ring doorbells or security cameras so I was a bit concerned but my 3 ring devices connected immediately with no issues. Highly recommend to anyone! So easy to set up too.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $479.00.

Jay
JayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No More Dead Zones

My family and I have been struggling with Dead Zones in our home for so long. Purchased other Wifi extenders but I still found unless the extender was near by the modem, I still had issues. But not anymore. Google Nest was worth every dollar spent. No more drop outs, no more lagging when gaming and no more waiting for pages to load. Thanks Google!

Purchased in October 2020 at Officeworks Online store.

SYDHarry
SYDHarrySydney

Good but over priced

Google Nest WiFi does the job well but it is very expensive. It is a router. So we need an ISP modem to set it up. Beautiful design and small size.

Set up is very easy. Router settings such as Guest network, WPA3, can be done in Google Home app. But interface is still not good as other modem or router settings page.

There are only two ethernet ports which is not enough. One for modem, so only one port would be available to use.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com.

Justin
JustinAlbury

Rubbish for the cost

This has to be one of the most frustrating Wi-Fi systems I've ever bought typically it has Google's ever-changing and never functioning properly menus god help you if you have to do a factory reset and you're on Satellite broadband because you have to travel back into reception in order to set up the device. I have a have a very basic setup in my home yet Google WiFi Nest can only deliver half the bandwidth that my ISP can provide despite searching Google forums, Google claims the issue is some problem with my set up but really it's the device itself... don't buy look for alternative mesh products.

Purchased in April 2020.

Paul
PaulBrisbane

Nice idea but very unreliable with constant drop-outs

Purchased a nest wifi 3 pack to set up a mesh wifi network at home. Set up was easy and was up and running in less than 30 min. After a couple of months the router kept on dropping out which means I lost wifi coverage across the house. Contacted Google support (hard to find them) and was given the whole script of re-booting, changing DNS settings and so on. The problem would go away for a couple of days but come back and Google tried to tell me to re-boot again even though nothing had changed. Its totally unreliable and the support was atrocious - I'll be buying something else once I get me refund

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Janet P.
Janet P.

Very good coverage and signal strength, pricey though

I've tried a few mesh wifi solutions before, in comparison Google Nest Wifi seems to provide superior coverage, speed and stability. Setup is super easy even for non technical user. My only complain is the price tag. Certainly much more expensive than some alternatives out there. On the plus side, it also functions as Google Home and mediocre smart speakers.

Purchased in July 2020.

Kirk Lambie
Kirk LambieAU

Fast wifi however I have found it does drop out a fair bit. Struggles handling devices on the lan, some devices

Fast wifi
Drops out
Lacks security in Google home app all or nothing approach
Struggles with Lan of some devices
My old router did a better job
Easy to set up