No go in East Victoria Park

The initial service with Mike was fantastic - until we signed! From there it was paperwork to incorrect councils, unreturned phone calls, unreturned emails and incorrect plans (despite us providing planning drawings from another draftsperson). Mike assured us the whole way through that if we got knocked back at council we would receive our deposit back minus expenses. Apparently - despite him telling us when we signed up that he outsourced drafting to the Philippines to save costs - we have blown $2,000. Very disappointed.. Communication and customer service very poor.

Debbie S
Debbie S

Up dated...All resolved

All good. We are happy to carry on as we were and Chris is lovely. We had some issues that were not Chris's fault but the poor man is the face for GFWA on his work sights so he copped it...sorry Chris.

Corrina

CorrinaPerth

Awesome Outcome Thanks to Granny Flats WA - Excellent Work

First Class Service

Over all very good

Would Not Recommernd

Beware of what the salesman sells you to what you actually receive as a finished product.
We had three build items that were promised to us by the salesman but not delivered by completion 1. Complete external painting 2. Soft-close drawers 3. Shower floor no-lip recess, we had to pay more to rectify. But the disappointing thing was that the GFWA owner and salesperson did not call us to discuss or work the issues out. I called them, visited Booragoon office and emailed, but no call back. Very disappointing for a retail company.
Subsequent official complaint to the Building Commission WA.

Wish I had gone with someone else

A building company with real integrity.

It is truly refreshing to see a building company that prides itself on operating with the complete integrity that was a daily feature of every aspect of the work undertaken. Ours was one of their larger builds and it was not cheap either. But it is also true that GFWA did not try to quote beneath their ability to do the job properly.

Most of all, I was impressed that the project was completed so quickly as promised, and met our fixed deadline in spite of the one or two unforseen yet inevitable issues that arose.

We very much appreciated the professionalism shown by all their staff and at all times.

Giselle and Miles Jupp

Giselle and Miles Juppwhite gum valley

Renovation made easy

Hamish T.

Hamish T.Parkwood

Excellent Work by Granny Flats WA

Love my gym!

Review of Granny Flats WA after construction completed

In short all I can say is the job from planning to construction completion went better than I ever expected. My Granny Flat in Riverton is now cash positive.
All of the people from Granny Flat's WA where a pleasure to deal with from the sales person to all tradesmen on site & the building supervisor, nothing was any trouble to them & always done in a pleasant manner. I'm more than willing to talk to anyone if they wish to ring me on [phone number removed]
The manner that Granny Flats WA treated me from stepping into there display centre to completion of my job.

Mike N.Granny Flats WA

Great news on finding the tennant so easily Phil. Thanks for the feedback and will take you up on your ok to have clients call you re feedback when they ask us at Granny Flats WA
Mike Nicholls
Managing Director
Granny FlatsWA.com

Peter D

Peter DPerth, WA

Looks Great

There's really no-one else you'd go to for a granny flat. Was guided through the council approval process, construction was done on time and the end result has added at least its cost to the value of the property. Now that granny flats can be rented by non-family members, this is the smart choice.
Top class construction, delivered on time and on budget.
Small issues fixed immediately.

Great work team

Due to illness we moved elderly parents into our home which made things a little crowded.We contacted Granny flats after seeing their ad.and in September 2012 we moved Mum & Dad into a beautiful 2 bedroom unit which is attached to our home.Family from Adelaide have visited and commented that it blends in so well it looks like part of the original house.we couldn't be happier with the job Grannyflats have done.Every one of the tradesmen did a wonderful job and all were very polite and as non intrusive as possible. Thanks again. [name removed] & team we would be happy to recommend your company Brenda & John
Reliable

Great Tradesmen - great service

AMD32Perth, WA

We love our studio!!!

Mike Nicholls (Managing Director)Granny Flats WA

AMD32

Six years on, our studio still looks lovely and is well utilised!

Shaz1

Shaz1Perth, WA

Alot of money for alot of heartache.

I had my grannyflat built approx 18 months ago, I have been infested with ants since the first month, mainly in my bathroom,there are gaps in my tiles everywhere throughout the flat,my finished floors, kitchen, walls inside and out is terrible. nothing was sealed properly, even ants getting in through the shower. It's was built as a cheaper way to live but I have and still will be paying for it in the long run. I have ant baits everywhere and have used loads of sealant to try and fill the gaps to stop the ants. I am fighting a losing battle. I dont like showing off my flat to people, which I should be proud to do so.

Mike N.Granny Flats WA

As the owner of granny flats WA I can testify I have not been made aware of this client's problem. I welcome the writer to vontact me direct as I feel this is not a client of mine.
Mike Nicholls(Owner/Managing Director)

Paddy Z.

Paddy Z.asked

Do you have granny flats that we could have a look, have only just started to think about this option so not sure about size, cost etc

Thanks for your contact
Yes our display at 92 McCoy street in Booragoon has 3 display fully constructed units to view
Our showroom is always open Monday and Wednesday between 11 and 3 but contact me directly to arrange your preferred viewing time. We are often in attendance outside these times and will make sure I can meet you
If you view our website there is also a video of the Booragoon showroom on grannyflatswa.com
Call me on 0413838277 to make a suitable time or email me on mike@grannyflatswa.com and ican send you more info
Mike Nicholls
Owner/managing director

Shereen

Shereenasked

I was told they do everything to prep and clear land. I have been told it is my responsibility to remove tree stump, why should I have to pay for this when the site works are included in my contract?

I fully agree
Your contract states site works are included in the contract with no work to be done by yourself. Not sure why you need to post this publicly but if you had called or emailed the office with this querie it would have been clarified via the construction manager immediately. All the site works will be done as included in your contract. This is a supervisor oversight at first meeting last Friday and I will clarify with supervisor on Monday
He may have been planning to raise it at the production meeting next Wednesday or personally this coming Monday with me-I am not sure as this is first I have heard of it and I was not in yesterday. My email is always answered though and you did not email me to clarify.
Please feel free to contact by email or phone any items you feel might not be correct.
Mike

Correction
Site visit at yours will be done on Monday, building licence has not even been issued yet.
Site supervisor will go over all aspects of the contract in detail with you then. If you have any questions or issues please discus and he will get clarification.
Really not sure why this medium seems appropriate before even plans are out of council and you have not met for meeting with supervisor yet but I am sure things will progress smoothly moving forward.

Anne H

Anne Hasked

Do Granny Flats wa include in their cost the removal of an asbestos garage?

Dave M
Dave M

Hi. I can't really answer that but I'd say it's unlikely they would. If you mention it to them they might look after you and factor it in their price. They definitely looked after us really well.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.

Hi Anne H, I doubt it. My experience with Granny Flats WA is to get everything in writing and don't trust the initial salespersons word. It's a long process and they don't always write things down, which may end up leaving you thousands out of pocket like us.
Hope this helps.
Shaun

Mike N.Granny Flats WA

Granny Flats WA will undertake a complete site assessment to evaluate the cost of site works. If an asbestos shed is required to be be removed then a fixed price will be applied and quoted as part of the complete granny flat quote along with any other site costs.

Get an answer from our members and Granny Flats WA representatives