• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

DANERO

DANERO

"New Lawn" should of done it earlier!

Hi, we recently had our small lawn replaced with buffalo artificial lawn from AOL. Our back yard always looked horrible. The grass never grew properly due to too much shade from from trees/buildings etc.
Guys from AOL did a really neat job of levelling/preparing the ground prior to install then installing the grass. Overall result looks fantastic and regret not doing this earlier. Everyone who has seen lawn has only
positive comments to make.
We are glad we chose them and thoroughly recommend AOL for artificial grass install.

Tiju Thomas

Tiju Thomas

Customer service.

Had an issue with my patio roller blinds not retracting correctly (out of warranty), and requested if a technician could call me to advise what I could check myself before booking a call-out. They were initially not very interested in this approach suggesting it would be better for a technician to come out and assess. After posting a not-so-good review about how my request was handled, and subsequently booking a call-out, I received a call from them suggesting something I could try first, which I did and managed to rectify the problem. The call-out was then cancelled. Thank you Sana and Jaclyn for your assistance.

Hartz

HartzPerth, WA

Massive improvement on front of our house. Love the artificial grass.

I am in WA. From my original contact with Di at the shopping centre to dealing with Anthony , installer Scott and ladies in the office our experience has been a very positive one. We are extremely happy with the end result and would definitely recommend this company. We will use them again.

Kareen Stead

Kareen SteadSydney, NSW

Wish I’d organised this years ago

From the initial enquiry, the fantastic consultant and Justin and Josh who fitted the blind and accessories - the whole experience was seamless and professional. Without a doubt the best dealing I’ve ever had with a company. Cannot recommend highly enough

Dave Vella

Dave VellaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic blinds & Service

We had our Alfresco area done with the outdoor blinds in January this year. Service was great they called the day before with a time & they were their on time & cleaned up after the job was completed. We are very happy with the blinds.

Tonym

TonymIllawarra, NSW

Great product great service

Company delivered what they promised Lawn looks great and wears very well with two active dogs there’s no reason not to do it Beats having to mow the mud pile we used to have

Bluey

Bluey

Excellent Service

Company were on time with all appointments and timeframe to install. The initial measurements were a bit out but rectified by the tradesman. Very happy with the finished product and would recommend the outdoor blinds purchased.

New Outdoor Screen

All the people we dealt with from Australian Outdoor Living were professional, knowledgeable about their products and arrived on site at the time they said they would.

We are extremely happy with the end result and hope that the longevity of the product lives up to the quality of the installation so far.

Mark

MarkSydney Surrounds, NSW

Outdoor Blinds

From the start with representative Mark coming out and showing/explaining how the blinds work, with his gadget showing how they actually work, we were very impressed.
Then came along Richard and Cam to check the measurements before everything was ordered. Not long after this we rec'd a phone call to say ready for installation. Once again Richard and Cam showed up and in no time they had left, everything installed and up and running so to speak. Since installation we have had a mixed bag of weather and the blinds have stood the test wonderfully. So very happy with outcome.

natoxlr8

natoxlr8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pressure selling tactics - go elsewhere

Sales consultant rang to confirm our 2pm booking for measure and quote and was told both my wife and I needed to be present. I informed them I couldnt make the appointment due to work commitments and my wife can take care of it. I was then transferred to the manager who told me it was company policy to have both persons present and they wouldn’t be attending unless I was there..Suffice to say I didn’t get a quote and probably lucky I didn’t do business with them if this is their attitude towards customers.

Mr Polson

Mr PolsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pressured my Wife to move patio now looks weird

Best Blind

The entire process from start to finish was very simple and easy. From measuring up to the blind being fitted / installed. All memebers of the team were always pleasant and friendly and times and dates were geared to suit me. The blind looks amazing and has certainly made a big difference to our outdoor courtyard. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends and family.

Judy F.

Judy F.Sydney, NSW

Very very happy

Very happy with the representative and the service, the product exactly what I ordered,
Time frame and notifications were exact.
A very professional company who are true to their word, recommend anytime

Repeat customer.

Repeat customer. Fair prices for solid products tailored to what I needed with attentive, above and beyond customer service. I highly recommend them if you need shade or rain blinds.

Fantastic

Made a big difference to my backyard it now looks neat and tidy with minimum maintenance. I love the way it looks and below are before and after photos. I highly recommend Australian Living Outdoors

Sharan B.

Sharan B.South East Queensland, QLD

They deny cooling period exists even though its printed on their contract and intend to keep deposit.

Cancelled purchase within cooling off period. AOL deny cooling period exists even though its printed on the contract (photo of contract sent to them) and stated they intend to keep much of deposit. They are willing to breach their own contract and lean heavily on pensioners to make a sale. I can no longer trust Christian as he does not show any respect to the customer if they change their mind within contract cooling off period. Legal action initiated.

Grant S.

Grant S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outdoor blinds are great

We had 3 large motorised outdoor blinds installed. The salesman and installation guys all did a great job.
The blinds are very effective at blocking out heat and yet being transparent enough to not block the view of the garden, creating a perfect outdoor entertaining room .

Susan

SusanSydney, NSW

Love our Outdoor Blinds

We had outdoor blinds installed and it is the best money we have spent, fantastic quality and love the amount of sun it blocks out and keeps out entertaining area cool. The salesman and installation guys where great, quality customer service and quality product.

Maria

MariaSydney, NSW

Very Happy Customer

Both my husband and myself are incredibly happy with the quality of the product and the quality of the workmanship. Our Artificial lawn looks amazing. We could not be happier.”

Sue Moore

Sue MooreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lawn looks awesome

Great looking lawn.

An amazing days work by Brendan.

Great communication and information regarding the product.

Friendly staff. Punctual. Backyard looks great!

Being a past customer meant I got a really good quote for the job

Miss the Missasked

Hi there, I inquired about the outdoor blind. A salesperson came and advised a classic blind is best for me. I asked plenty of question as the reason I needed it is for waterproofing the rain from coming into my alfresco area. Also asked how good the quality he told me it is amazing and won't tear due to enforced edges, and you are the only one in Australia proving this. I asked what happened if it ripped, he said AOL will replace it for me for free. And I asked how long is the warranty, he said 5 years. I didn't see anything in the contract that mentioned all these and I'd like to know how can I get these in writing from AOL. Worst, in the contract which I just read few minutes ago, under general column, there is a clause saying "blinds are not covered under warranty for storm/wind damage. AOL recommends retracting blinds in strong winds", and the salesperson ticked "yes", which is completely against what he promised me verbally. I would need someone to help me amend it to "no" as this is what he promised me. Please be in touch with me asap as I just signed the contract about 1-2 hour ago. Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to find a resolution for you as soon as possible.
Can you please provide your full name, suburb/state and best contact phone number in an email to feedback@aol-hq.com.au?
I will then contact you regarding this.

Kind Regards,
Jaclyn

Miss the Miss

Hi Jaclyn, thank you very much for your quick response.

I called Andrew this afternoon, the salesperson whom I met yesterday about this issue as well. He told me that he will send me a written email or something about the 5 years warranty, and that if there is tear in the blind due to rain and storm below 100km/h, AOL will replace it for me. So I was looking forward to his email tomorrow.

However, just now I just received a call from a man named "Troy" or something? He said he was calling on behalf of you and that he was helping you to follow up with me about case. He was arrogant and rude, didn't put himself in my shoes as a customer who is concerned about the purchase, and not looking forward to resolve my problem at all. When I told him that I spoke with Andrew (the salesperson) this afternoon and that Andrew will send me an email, he said Andrew will never send me the email. I told him that I will just wait until I hearback from Andrew before making any decision. He then said he is Andrew's manager, and that even if I bring it to the marketing or social media, it will still go back to him. He is the person in charge and in power to decide. He kept pushing me to cancel my order and told me that I don't have to escalate this because it will be useless. Apparently, he is not calling to resolute or make me feel like a valued customer?

Is this how your company handle customer? A salesperson making false statement, and the Manager (or the person in power, as he said it) didn't even put himself in my shoes to understand the situation. Nevertheless, customer satisfaction comes last?

I was really disappointed with how this is being handled. I am not a first time customer. I had ordered a pergola from your company, and as discussed with Andrew (salesman), am actually looking forward to ordering another 6m blind and artificial lawn once the pergola is up (I am still waiting for the construction of pergola from AOL).

Before this, I had really good impression of AOL and thought that I would rather let AOL takes care of my outdoor living needs. But I am really disappointed with how this is being handled. Instead of apologising for the misunderstanding or false statements at the start, he spoke arrogantly and bluntly. He kept pushing me not to escalate but to cancel the order, which didn't help me find a satisfactory resolution at all, he simply just didn't listen (he literally asked me to shut up and f-off).

As a consumer, I just want honest facts about what I puchase and I don't think this request is unreasonable. Can you get someone who can really handle this professionally, someone who is living the values and standard of the customer care that your company talked about?

I appreciate and thank you for your assistance.

Su1973asked

Do you have any information on how hot the artificial lawn gets in the hot Australian summer sun, can you walk on it in bare feet?

Hi Su,

During summertime, artificial grass may increase in temperature if exposed to the sun for extended periods.

If the temperature is uncomfortable to touch, we would recommend wearing shoes or using a picnic blanket (whilst staying under the shade to be as sun smart as possible during those high-temp days).

Otherwise, a quick spray of the hose cools down the lawn.

Kind Regards,
The team at Australian Outdoor Living

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn
Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Hi Ryan and Roslyn,

It is disappointing to read your negative comments about Australian Outdoor Living.

It means a lot to us when homeowners choose Australian Outdoor Living for their projects. We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy for choosing us. Most of the time, we achieve this and are lucky enough to receive some kind words in the form of a review, or post on our Facebook page. We're upset to read that this doesn't sound to be the case for you, and that this has led you to feel so negatively towards our company and even questioning the positive feedback we do receive from other clients.

We only ever ask for honest feedback. This is what is important to us, as it confirms what we're doing right and allows us the chance to improve experiences where possible. Once in a while we have tried to reach a resolution with a customer but they remain unhappy and begin to leave multiple negative comments across our Facebook page and advertisements. We do unfortunately have to remove serial posters from our business page as it has gone past a productive dialogue and becomes damaging to our advertising efforts.

We realise that 13% of our reviews on this listing are 'negative'. Please know that we take these posts very seriously and appreciate them just as much as the 'positive' posts; as these allow us to learn from, and get better at what we do. We'd like to reassure you that the 85% of 'positive' 4 and 5 star reviews on this platform are legitimate, and the result of years of hard work our team has put in behind the scenes.

If you would like to discuss this further we welcome you to contact us at feedback@aol-hq.com.au. (Please quote reference number PR16420Q.)

The team at Australian Outdoor Living