4.4 from 1,766 reviews

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Customer Care Backup and Service

Have recently had installed Artificial Grass , Roller Shutters and Outdoor Blinds and I cannot speak highly enough of the service from start to finish, by ALL at Australian Outdoor Living. All the products are exceptional the installation was on time and the installers all were quality tradesman , I can’t believe it was that easy to get done after previous years of encountering poor service from numerous companies . Would recommend without hesitation that you give this company your business

Sabrina

SabrinaPerth, WA

Very disappointed while installing the artificial grass

The Australian outdoor living gave us quote for installing artificial grass we agreed for the measurements they gave us but when it’s cane for installation they installed less area. We called them several times to fix it but they didn’t pick up the phone. We are very disappointed with the installation. They gave us one measurement to cover the area and installed less area. Not happy at all wastage of time and money.

Melwyn

Melwyn

Perfect installation!!!

We asked AOL for help in installing Synthetic Turf which our kids will love to play on during lock down period. The whole process was smooth, with Michael giving us an accurate and competitive quote and Richard informing us in details the execution process. Chris from AOL executed the job perfectly well!! We could not be happier and our kids love to spend time and play on the turf!!!!

Customer service

I have tried to resolve my issue quite a few times but no one reply..
Installer was not good. And he did worst job. I tried to contact supervisor but he did promise to resolve before two months however no one came back. After this all i contact office and lady advised me that some will give me call before 15 days no one called me yet..
i work Monday to Saturday 8 am to 9 pm and try to resolve this.
I might lodge complaint in Ombudsman. I will wait for a week to resolve this.

Marnie Wardley

Marnie WardleySydney Surrounds, NSW

Dissappointed

Really dissappointed with the install of my outdoor blind (2 1/2 weeks ago) as it is not sealed to the house and leaks all the way along the blind onto my deck. I got the blind to stop the weather coming onto my back deck and was assured that this would stop that. I have rung the service department who were only ok in their response, and i am waiting 3 weeks for someone to come and check. After spending nearly 2'500.00 on a PVC blind, i expected better. The staff that attended my home were very pleasant and friendly, but the install is sub standard. I am now paying for a leaking blind which Australian Outdoor Living are in no rush to even look at none the less fix.

Skiffiemark

SkiffiemarkWAKERLEY

Good product

J.Smith

J.SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Couldn’t be happier

ThankYou AOL we love our carport and thank you to The guys that assembled it and KATE in the office. everyone was so helpful and friendly we would highly recommend your product

julieregan

juliereganMurray Mallee, SA

Never got a quote

We asked them to come and give us a quote 2 years ago? Their was someone from Adelaide hills to came but he never gave us a quote or followed up with another appointment? They missed out on a big job and getting our money!

Aust Outdoor LivingAustralian Outdoor Living

Fantastic service and quality.

It’s my absolute pleasure to recommend Peter Lewis from Australian outdoor living, I have had the pleasure of dealing with him on 2 seperate occasions regarding my smart track outdoor blinds.
Peter is extremely knowledgable and professional, he is truly a valuable asset to the company and without a doubt I confidently recommend him to all my friends and family.

Rach

RachSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better then I invisaged

From the measure and quote to the fitting and the end result I am well and truly impressed.
Having the blinds on my balcony now has basically added a whole new room to my living space.
Looks fabulous. Very friendly and professional service from begining to end.

Paulc98

Paulc98Mount Druitt

Not quite as pleasurable experience this time

The work was done well as per my previous experience, however this yime I felt like I had been price gouged. The job was priced at $1350 but the minimum charge is $1500 then they added $340 on toop to take away about 400kg of soil. They should have applied the extra $150 towards the soil removal.
As stated earlier the work was done well but I felt price gouged.

Deanne G.

Deanne G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I'd give 10 stars if I could

Aust Outdoor LivingAustralian Outdoor Living

Just as we imagined it would be

My wife and I are extremely happy with the outdoor blinds we had installed from Australian Outdoor Living Queensland, from the initial consultation with Tricia, through to the timely installation by a very friendly and able tradesman, Andrew, there were no problems all, the whole procedure went very smoothly.
Trevor

Geoff BromleySydney, NSW

3 years old and cant repair

so my blinds are less than 3 years old, and they cant replace the screen as they no longer offer this product. They want more than $3k just to repair. Absolute joke. Whilst the service from Chicko was friendly, he's actually like Ned Kelly without the tin mask. Stay away from these guys. once you pay their deposit the service goes to non-existent

Geoff Bromley

That would be great. Honestly, my experience has been terrible. Happy to discuss it. I just cant believe that I spend around 7k on blinds a few years ago and cant get them re-skinned, without it costing as much as the whole blinds.

Steffi66

Steffi66Adelaide

Excellent service, reasonable price.

The team here in Adelaide are excellent. Responsive, timely and well organised. Have had electric roller shutters installed by them on a couple of occasions now and they have supplied and excellent product and installed it very well. Can't fault their service and their prices are reasonable.

Shane and Mike

Shane and MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Installation

Highly recommend Australian Outdoor Living, for automated blind installation.
Steve and Rob know their products.
Very functional and exactly what we were looking for, on the outside of our home.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

Larry

Larry

Great product SEQ

Had 4 exterior blinds installed by Andrew from AOL. From start to finish I found the customer service exceptional. The product looks great and there were no hassles and nothing was too hard. Very pleased we went through AOL and will be getting more through them.

Ratno

RatnoAdelaide

Perfect Outdoor Blind

We have installed outdoor blind for our verandah recently. With Mike as a consultant who gave us clear explanation and details information of the product, were make us sure that this is the right outdoor blind for our verandah. The very impressive result was meet our expectation. Thanks for Mike and Outdoor Living team. Highly recommended seller.

Bill F.

Bill F.South East Queensland, QLD

Veranda extension

We recently had a veranda extension done by Australian outdoor living and we were very impressed Kate Saunders and the way she helped us through the different stages of work. The design consultant Brent was impressive the way he took us through the design and also our two installers Rua and Mal especially Mal who spent odd hours making sure the installation was spot on. Thank you everyone involved we would happily use you again

Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fabulous new outdoor life .

Our previous enclosed patio area has taken on a whole new concept to the great outdoors! We have winter warmth and had summer shade plus the privacy. Great job Marc and Jarrod.

Alexandra H.Australian Outdoor Living
Pro-Fusion Engineering

Pro-Fusion EngineeringCentral Queensland, QLD

These Guys are the Complete Package

Great product, customer service and technical support. These Guys are the complete package and won’t disappoint. From the initial point of contact to after sales follow up I was totally impressed. The quality of the product and fittings are exceptional and will impress

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn
Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Hi Ryan and Roslyn,

It is disappointing to read your negative comments about Australian Outdoor Living.

It means a lot to us when homeowners choose Australian Outdoor Living for their projects. We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy for choosing us. Most of the time, we achieve this and are lucky enough to receive some kind words in the form of a review, or post on our Facebook page. We're upset to read that this doesn't sound to be the case for you, and that this has led you to feel so negatively towards our company and even questioning the positive feedback we do receive from other clients.

We only ever ask for honest feedback. This is what is important to us, as it confirms what we're doing right and allows us the chance to improve experiences where possible. Once in a while we have tried to reach a resolution with a customer but they remain unhappy and begin to leave multiple negative comments across our Facebook page and advertisements. We do unfortunately have to remove serial posters from our business page as it has gone past a productive dialogue and becomes damaging to our advertising efforts.

We realise that 13% of our reviews on this listing are 'negative'. Please know that we take these posts very seriously and appreciate them just as much as the 'positive' posts; as these allow us to learn from, and get better at what we do. We'd like to reassure you that the 85% of 'positive' 4 and 5 star reviews on this platform are legitimate, and the result of years of hard work our team has put in behind the scenes.

If you would like to discuss this further we welcome you to contact us at feedback@aol-hq.com.au. (Please quote reference number PR16420Q.)

The team at Australian Outdoor Living

Ken E.

Ken E.asked

Out side living motorised blinds as on tv are you in Bairnsdale Vic.
Ken Elsdon

Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I believe you are interested in our SmartTrack Outdoor Blinds? They are relatively new and proving very popular!

Our Victorian office has done work in Bairnsdale before and would be more than happy to pop out and visit you also. Please call our team on 9930 7600 when you have a spare 5 minutes and we can arrange a suitable time.

We look forward to chatting with you more about the project.

The team at Australian Outdoor Living

PaulPasked

HI, I am looking at some external blinds, how do you stop fraying at the edges?

Hi PaulP,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question.

Its exciting to hear that you are looking into installing Outdoor Blinds at your place. Thank you for thinking of Australian Outdoor Living!

We use a unique wedge welding technique to minimise fraying on the edges of our blinds. This is opposed to the more common stitching method. We find that this technique greatly reduces any loose threads and offers a neat, crisp edge. As you can imagine, over time stitching exposed to our harsh Australian sun can disintegrate from the UV exposure too. The wedge weld avoids this altogether.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you're ready, I welcome you to contact me directly at ahand@aol-hq.com.au and I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling for a free measure and quote.

Alexandra Hand

PaulP

Thank you, so no one else in Australia uses this method?

Hi PaulP,

You're welcome.

I have asked the question for you, and both our Sales Manager and our Manufacturing General Manager can't confirm as, to be honest, we're really not sure. We are involved in a lot of trade shows and they both said they haven't seen the same technique used on the edges of these kinds of Outdoor Blinds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Alexandra Hand