Listing monitored by Australian Outdoor Living

• Rates and Fees

Rose
RoseIllawarra, NSW

Best Blinds ever

“Our experience with NSW Australian Outdoor Living was extremely good. They arrived on time , correspondence was excellent and the quality of the blinds are amazing.”
They add another room to our house and bring the outside in.

Jeannette J
Jeannette J

Reliable and excellent workmanship

A representative arrived on time, and provided good knowledge of product. Then the measure guy came and took the required measurements and then the blind was ready before the time provided and installed efficiently.
Very impressed.

phil
philPerth, WA

Atificial lawn installation

Great product installed by a great team and has made my gardens look tremendous, the reps were very pollite and the installers did a fantastic job not only on the installation but aalso the clean up.

Awesome customer service

Monday the 19th July the lovely Tahlia arrived on time to do a free measure and quote. What a lovely young lady she is. No rush due tò the time of day. Gave us all the time we needed. She didn't pressure us in anyway to make a purchase. What a great asset she must be to this company. I hope the product is as good as your staff. Looking forward to my blinds.

Maria B.
Maria B.Sydney, NSW

So so happy!!

Everyone was very helpful and professional and I’m delighted with my new artificial lawn!
Was better than I imagined! Love that now it will look good all year round and very low maintenance expected!
Thank you so much!

Chris K
Chris KHunter Region, NSW

Very happy with our outdoor blind.

We wanted a simple rain protection blind to prevent "sideways" rain that would fall onto our patio.
AOL sent a sales rep who ran through our options and steered us to the product that best suited our needs.
Installation was quick and easy and we've been very happy so far with the performance and quality of our blind , it also prevented glare that was coming into our house during summer. We'd definitely put AOL in the mix again when considering an outdoor blind product.

Nelmae Palmer
Nelmae PalmerSydney, NSW

Superb Company.

We engaged this company from the Home Show this year (2021).
1st impressions were vindicated with a quality product and staff who know what they are talking about offering advice and having the job completed within 4 weeks of our 1st meeting.
I would highly recommend Australian Outdoor Living to anyone wanting quality, excellent staff with competitive pricing.

Paul
Paul

great product

Our clear outdoor blinds block wind very well without losing our view.Installers very professional and were very happy with the service we received .Would recommend and would buy again for another property

Huffie
HuffiePerth, WA

faulty gearboxes x4 in total

20k spend on outdoor blinds and patio. 4 gearboxes have been replaced
. I understand the it takes time to fix them but now the blind has self-destruct. see pic . I was told that they could with stand winds upto 100 Kph winds see what happens andy wa see pic and this gearbox was one year old could not tension

Great product

We have used AOL twice for outdoor blinds and on both occasions they have been great to deal with. The product is exceptional and their staff are reliable. They were honest about a difficult area and we appreciated that they didn't push something that wasn't practical for that space.

Amazing

Amazing blinds!!! We are so happy with the product and received fantastic service and support. Installation was quick and staff were professional. Value for money is exceptional . Had made a massive change to our outdoor area it had made it another living area even in winter!!

• +1Thumbnail
Dave
DavePerth, WA

Perfect just what my new Patio needed.

Hi people, just to let you know that the blinds i have had installed look great, they have changed the look of the patio in a great way and keeps the wind & rain out and not to mention the privacy we have now. To the service and installers thank you for your advice and for doing a excellent job. My wife & i are very happy Regards Dave

Job Satisfaction
Carol Wainwright
Carol WainwrightPerth, WA

customer service review

I would highly recommend this service as the communication was excellent from the time I received the quote right up to when the job was completed. Its a rare thing to receive such good customer service these days!

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Practical

The outdoor blinds was perfect for privacy and keep the strong wind to a minimum. The initial sales staff was friendly and knowledgeable on what I want. The installer are quick, efficient and respectful. They cleaned the mess and took all the rubbish away. The office staff kept me informed on what's happening.

Paul W
Paul WHunter Region, NSW

Excellent product

The blinds have significantly improved our living space and privacy. The auto operation is perfect and the sales staff and installers were excellent, friendly and helpful. would recommend these blinds to everyone.

Read more reviews - page 2

Miss the Missasked

Hi there, I inquired about the outdoor blind. A salesperson came and advised a classic blind is best for me. I asked plenty of question as the reason I needed it is for waterproofing the rain from coming into my alfresco area. Also asked how good the quality he told me it is amazing and won't tear due to enforced edges, and you are the only one in Australia proving this. I asked what happened if it ripped, he said AOL will replace it for me for free. And I asked how long is the warranty, he said 5 years. I didn't see anything in the contract that mentioned all these and I'd like to know how can I get these in writing from AOL. Worst, in the contract which I just read few minutes ago, under general column, there is a clause saying "blinds are not covered under warranty for storm/wind damage. AOL recommends retracting blinds in strong winds", and the salesperson ticked "yes", which is completely against what he promised me verbally. I would need someone to help me amend it to "no" as this is what he promised me. Please be in touch with me asap as I just signed the contract about 1-2 hour ago. Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to find a resolution for you as soon as possible.
Can you please provide your full name, suburb/state and best contact phone number in an email to feedback@aol-hq.com.au?
I will then contact you regarding this.

Kind Regards,
Jaclyn

Miss the Miss

Hi Jaclyn, thank you very much for your quick response.

I called Andrew this afternoon, the salesperson whom I met yesterday about this issue as well. He told me that he will send me a written email or something about the 5 years warranty, and that if there is tear in the blind due to rain and storm below 100km/h, AOL will replace it for me. So I was looking forward to his email tomorrow.

However, just now I just received a call from a man named "Troy" or something? He said he was calling on behalf of you and that he was helping you to follow up with me about case. He was arrogant and rude, didn't put himself in my shoes as a customer who is concerned about the purchase, and not looking forward to resolve my problem at all. When I told him that I spoke with Andrew (the salesperson) this afternoon and that Andrew will send me an email, he said Andrew will never send me the email. I told him that I will just wait until I hearback from Andrew before making any decision. He then said he is Andrew's manager, and that even if I bring it to the marketing or social media, it will still go back to him. He is the person in charge and in power to decide. He kept pushing me to cancel my order and told me that I don't have to escalate this because it will be useless. Apparently, he is not calling to resolute or make me feel like a valued customer?

Is this how your company handle customer? A salesperson making false statement, and the Manager (or the person in power, as he said it) didn't even put himself in my shoes to understand the situation. Nevertheless, customer satisfaction comes last?

I was really disappointed with how this is being handled. I am not a first time customer. I had ordered a pergola from your company, and as discussed with Andrew (salesman), am actually looking forward to ordering another 6m blind and artificial lawn once the pergola is up (I am still waiting for the construction of pergola from AOL).

Before this, I had really good impression of AOL and thought that I would rather let AOL takes care of my outdoor living needs. But I am really disappointed with how this is being handled. Instead of apologising for the misunderstanding or false statements at the start, he spoke arrogantly and bluntly. He kept pushing me not to escalate but to cancel the order, which didn't help me find a satisfactory resolution at all, he simply just didn't listen (he literally asked me to shut up and f-off).

As a consumer, I just want honest facts about what I puchase and I don't think this request is unreasonable. Can you get someone who can really handle this professionally, someone who is living the values and standard of the customer care that your company talked about?

I appreciate and thank you for your assistance.

Su1973asked

Do you have any information on how hot the artificial lawn gets in the hot Australian summer sun, can you walk on it in bare feet?

Hi Su,

During summertime, artificial grass may increase in temperature if exposed to the sun for extended periods.

If the temperature is uncomfortable to touch, we would recommend wearing shoes or using a picnic blanket (whilst staying under the shade to be as sun smart as possible during those high-temp days).

Otherwise, a quick spray of the hose cools down the lawn.

Kind Regards,
The team at Australian Outdoor Living

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn
Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Hi Ryan and Roslyn,

It is disappointing to read your negative comments about Australian Outdoor Living.

It means a lot to us when homeowners choose Australian Outdoor Living for their projects. We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy for choosing us. Most of the time, we achieve this and are lucky enough to receive some kind words in the form of a review, or post on our Facebook page. We're upset to read that this doesn't sound to be the case for you, and that this has led you to feel so negatively towards our company and even questioning the positive feedback we do receive from other clients.

We only ever ask for honest feedback. This is what is important to us, as it confirms what we're doing right and allows us the chance to improve experiences where possible. Once in a while we have tried to reach a resolution with a customer but they remain unhappy and begin to leave multiple negative comments across our Facebook page and advertisements. We do unfortunately have to remove serial posters from our business page as it has gone past a productive dialogue and becomes damaging to our advertising efforts.

We realise that 13% of our reviews on this listing are 'negative'. Please know that we take these posts very seriously and appreciate them just as much as the 'positive' posts; as these allow us to learn from, and get better at what we do. We'd like to reassure you that the 85% of 'positive' 4 and 5 star reviews on this platform are legitimate, and the result of years of hard work our team has put in behind the scenes.

If you would like to discuss this further we welcome you to contact us at feedback@aol-hq.com.au. (Please quote reference number PR16420Q.)

The team at Australian Outdoor Living