4.4 from 1,677 reviews

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Fantastic and realistic

A big thank you to installers Kane, Dean and the team at Australian Outdoor Living for the amazing work on laying the artificial grass in the both my front and backyards - my garden looks fabulous - a much needed look.

Customer Care Backup and Service

Have recently had installed Artificial Grass , Roller Shutters and Outdoor Blinds and I cannot speak highly enough of the service from start to finish, by ALL at Australian Outdoor Living. All the products are exceptional the installation was on time and the installers all were quality tradesman , I can’t believe it was that easy to get done after previous years of encountering poor service from numerous companies . Would recommend without hesitation that you give this company your business

Peter Brown

Service Highly Recommended

Mr Mrs M

Mr Mrs MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outdoor blinds

Thank you Australian outdoor living for the fantastic and seamless service from start to finish. The guy that came out to do the final check measure and then installation was highly professional, he carried out his work with great efficiency and pride. It was so good to actually see someone enjoy their work. The finished product is amazing we are thoroughly happy with the blinds and the whole process.

Nivani P.

Nivani P.Sydney, NSW

Outdoor blinds

Service was exceptional but beyond that the product is amazing. Went to many places and no product in outdoor shades and nothing beats Australian outdoor living you do not need to look any further. We could not be happier. Vicky was a pleasure to deal with and we knew we made the right choice and investment with our outdoor blinds, which gives us outdoor entertaining and relaxing all year round.

Lisa

LisaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just amazing work!

Love the look our roller shutters give , they were done fast , clean up was amazing, left no mess, and just lovely professional and friendly guys to have doing the job. Was a got day they worked too. No complaints, would recommend them over and over again!

sandy visser

sandy visserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

love love love our rollers shutters

The sales person was fantastic and honest we initially had three quotes and AOL were the best by far for price and service. Communication with order and install went smoothly, we will definatley use them down the track when we have the rest of our home fitted with shutters.
Thank you AOL.

jen

jenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service

Got told wot a gr8 company u r and how reliable u r and all we got was no return phone calls, buggered our order up and delivered faulty blinds. They had 2 redo the job 3 times! Was a disgrace. Even put through finance payments through before the job was even finished and yet I'm still waiting on that return phone call

Phil D

Phil DSydney, NSW

Perfect Blinds!

After much research we settled on Australian Outdoor Living for our blinds. The consultant, James, was knowledgeable and honest about the product. Blocks the heat so fantastic on those hot days. The quality, finish and installation was excellent and gives us another living area in all weather. It was a great decision. Very happy!

cocka2clarks

cocka2clarksMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great service

prompt response from initial contact, very friendly salesperson, our new lawn and roller shutters were installed in very quick time, very pleased with the whole deal. Installation crews were great and were very quick at finishing the job

Helen P.

Helen P.Southern and Hills, SA

Pergola

After many years of wanting to have a pergola done finally we got outdoor living to do it for us
It’s amazing absolutely love it we spend most of our days sitting outside now under the pergola enjoying our meals outside
They have done an amazing job for us thank you

Rebecca Styles

Rebecca StylesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love our Outdoor Living Blinds

We got blinds from AOL and we love them. Best decision we made. They block the heat and protect from wind. Peter our salesperson was excellent. Great information. Very very happy

RoslynPerth, WA

White collar criminals!

This company charged me for Planning & building permits that weren't required. When i checked with Council re: approval dates etc. the council told me they had refunded AOL. Funny that....no such refund came my way! AOL continued with the facade they were waiting on approval. When i questioned them after job was finished, they said they would refund but I'm still waiting several weeks later. This is on top of taking money from my account without My authorisation. Absolute joke they think they can just lie to customers and think they can get away with it. AOL stole money from me! I've only given 1 star because there's no option for no stars

Not what I expected

I loved my artificial lawn when it was first put in but they neglected to tell me that an aluminium pole hanging on a post about a meter of the ground could cause reflective burns in serval spots. ( this is what they told me and it’s not going to be replaced ) I thought and was told it was the best as it was going around our pool and I didn’t want any issues but apparently it’s not. So please do your research before making such a huge investment I had no idea this could of happened and if I did I would of made a different choice. Very disappointed

PeeKay

PeeKayMelbourne

Sales and quoting service appalling

After three phone calls and three messages I was forced to phone the 1300 number to get to the so-called Customer Service Officer. She was quite light-hearted about their poor response, but I went ahead anyway and made an appointment for a rep to call and give me a quote.
A promise was made to phone me the day before to advise the rep's name - that didn't happen. I then waited 3 hours past the agreed appointment hour - no rep and no excuse.
If their reps are working on commission they'd be pretty mad about this: I know I was. If I could award half a star, I would.
You might have a great product, but I'll never know. You need to get your admin act together

Sue

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product outdoor blind

Very happy with the installation and service. The salesman was on time and professional. In my view the product is outstanding.. Would highly recommend this company. Great product and service.

Big John

Big JohnPerth, WA

Easy as

Went to work in the morning and came home to a beautiful new lawn. Very professional job absolutely seamless artificial turf. Great job Australian Outdoor Living Western Australia. Have recommended you to my friends. Here are some before and after shots.

June S.Sydney, NSW

Composite Decking

We have just had decking completed by AOL. We are very pleased with the final outcome. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend AOL, our dealings with them was a positive one.

Loving it

Love my garden make over..should of done it years ago..very happy with the fake grass...it is so neat and tidy..The 2 young men that layed it were very polite and cleaned up after themselves...

Susan

SusanPerth, WA

Grass better than what I expected

You pay for what you get!!! Yes it was on the dearer side compared to other quotes. What made us go wth Australian Outdoor Living was:
The sales consultant new her products wel. She worked with us in that we were able to get price reduced. The warrantee the company offers is by far the best. Big company around for years..so they will back their warranty.... A M A Z I N G. So very thick and looks like real grass.

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Ken E.

Ken E.asked

Out side living motorised blinds as on tv are you in Bairnsdale Vic.
Ken Elsdon

Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I believe you are interested in our SmartTrack Outdoor Blinds? They are relatively new and proving very popular!

Our Victorian office has done work in Bairnsdale before and would be more than happy to pop out and visit you also. Please call our team on 9930 7600 when you have a spare 5 minutes and we can arrange a suitable time.

We look forward to chatting with you more about the project.

The team at Australian Outdoor Living

PaulPasked

HI, I am looking at some external blinds, how do you stop fraying at the edges?

Hi PaulP,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question.

Its exciting to hear that you are looking into installing Outdoor Blinds at your place. Thank you for thinking of Australian Outdoor Living!

We use a unique wedge welding technique to minimise fraying on the edges of our blinds. This is opposed to the more common stitching method. We find that this technique greatly reduces any loose threads and offers a neat, crisp edge. As you can imagine, over time stitching exposed to our harsh Australian sun can disintegrate from the UV exposure too. The wedge weld avoids this altogether.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you're ready, I welcome you to contact me directly at ahand@aol-hq.com.au and I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling for a free measure and quote.

Alexandra Hand

PaulP

Thank you, so no one else in Australia uses this method?

Hi PaulP,

You're welcome.

I have asked the question for you, and both our Sales Manager and our Manufacturing General Manager can't confirm as, to be honest, we're really not sure. We are involved in a lot of trade shows and they both said they haven't seen the same technique used on the edges of these kinds of Outdoor Blinds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Alexandra Hand