4.4 from 1,856 reviews

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Customer Care Backup and Service

Have recently had installed Artificial Grass , Roller Shutters and Outdoor Blinds and I cannot speak highly enough of the service from start to finish, by ALL at Australian Outdoor Living. All the products are exceptional the installation was on time and the installers all were quality tradesman , I can’t believe it was that easy to get done after previous years of encountering poor service from numerous companies . Would recommend without hesitation that you give this company your business

Peter Brown
Peter Brown

It’s a pleasure

Daisy2

Daisy2Perth, WA

Appalling quality and terrible service

Warren

WarrenOxenford

Happy with our patio blind.

We've recently had a patio blind installed by AOL and we are very happy with it in all respects. It is robust, looks good and is functional. AOL staff were great to deal with.

Betty

Betty

Easy to deal with great service!

I have recently had a new verandah installed and it looks amazing! Australian outdoor living made it an easy process and answered every questions I had 8n a very timely manner. I would reccomend Australian outdoor living as they provide great customer service and their work is amazing!

NkM

NkMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outdoor blinds - super easy and great product

Thanks for an easy and enjoyable experience AOL. From quote and explanation of costs, which were informative and well delivered, to the installation- installers were on time, polite and clean and did a fab job. We're really happy with the blinds it makes a massive difference to our bedroom. It all happened within a matter of weeks as well, which worked out great with weather warming up. Would go again if we needed any more. Great product.

Aust Outdoor LivingAustralian Outdoor Living

Very Happy with the installation of my new synthetic grass!

Thanks AOL very satisfied with the installation and the end product! Very pleasant to deal with from beginning to end. Highly recommended for anyone thinking of installing a synthetic lawn

Rob
Rob

Hi AOL the state i’m in is NSW.

very happy customer

Recently had four outdoor blinds installed am extremely happy with the installation and the quality of the material used. Would highly recommend this company to anyone. Blinds are better than the ones I previously had installed.

Henry
Henry

very happy with the product

Job Well Done

I am very happy with the outdoor blinds they installed. Staff are attentive and response to my questions was prompt and follow up action was taken immediately. Job well done.

Jess

Jess

Very Satisfied Customer

Recently , had my backyard in QLD , Sunshine Coast, laid with artificial grass by Australian Outdoor Living, could not fault from first phone call , quote , work done by the crew , from beginning to the end absolutely professional and highly recommended. Thanks Australian Outdoor Living !

B Milligan

B MilliganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad customer service(already got your money so we don't care)

After having over $10,000 dollars worth of outdoor blinds installed (if you can even call it that) Less than 6 months use and the fixtures have come apart and not only are the blinds totally unusable but they have caused some expensive property damage.I am a single mum and get the "Brush off" treatment everytime I call (5 times now) . I'm sick of the fake promises and no-shows and now seeking legal advice through contacting ACC /Consumer Affairs Ombudsman.Personally I would not recommend this company to anyone.
....Upset and disappointed

Find out how Australian Outdoor Living compares to other Home Renovators

Really happy with the blinds!

We had 5 blinds put up and are really enjoying using them. They have been great to protect from weather and very sturdy even in reasonably strong winds we have experienced lately.

We had one of the fittings lose a screw but aside from this all is good 2 months on.

jodie

jodiebrisbane

Blind broke within 5 months

Purchased an outdoor blind and within 5 months the tiny screws they used to secure the blind have rusted and the blind has fallen down. poor quality. Disappointed by the quality. I have called and emailed twice and no response yet

Unprofessional and poorly run

Was messed around by having my quote appointments cancelled at the last minute, 2 weeks in a row. That is despite the ridiculous amount of phone calls required to organise them in the first place. They tried to justify their incompetence by blaming covid-19. That would be fine for one missed appointment. But in South Australia at the moment, twice in 2 weeks is just poor service.

Lauraj

LaurajBelconnen 2617, ACT

Blinds look amazing !

Wasn’t sure with the quoting process as I was made to make a decision on the day as the quote was only valid if I took it on the spot (that is what I was told by the two sales reps here at the time) - not sure why they can’t send a quote like other companies. Anyway took a gamble and said yes and luckily it all turned out fantastic, final measure was done when they said it would be and installation was also done when they said it would be. The installer Akin was fabulous, worked outside in the cold, wet and windy afternoon to install my blinds which look really good. Am happy with the finished product and the service I got. Also had a follow up call from AOL to check it all went okay.

Aust Outdoor LivingAustralian Outdoor Living

No after sales service, liars cheats

Sharmila L

Sharmila LSydney, NSW

Absolutely Amazing

Absolutely happy with job done by Dave and Lisa from Australian Outdoor Living. They were very professional and friendly.
Our once very tired looking backyard looks beautiful now with the high quality artificial turf. Work was done professionally. Australian Outdoor Living
delivered everything that we were promised. Thank you so much. Highly recommend

Martha P

Martha PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Absolutely love my new artificial lawn and my dog does too. I feel happy to lie out on my deck chair in the sun on a beautiful winter day. All that is missing is a pool but my townhouse hard doesn't have room for that but I feel like I may be at a resort. It's lovely looking out onto green instead of clay pavers.

artificial grass installation

Dave and Lisa were fantastic in installing our artificial grass. They took extra time and care to work out the best drainage system for our land. They were professional and friendly throughout the process.
we are thrilled with the result. Our children are over the moon they can play outside and not get muddy.

Pernod

PernodMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic pool can’t wait for the warm weather

We recently had our pool installed by Australian Outdoor Living and I must say I was very impressed with there service,everything went to plan things happened on the dates that were set out on the contract,the trades people were all great and did a fantastic job.what more can I say I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Bernadette

BernadetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service.

Initial service was great. We had a couple of set backs with installation but everything was managed as professionally as possible. We look forward to using the company for future projects.

Synthetic turf quote

Specially requested a quote to be undertaken for supply & install of grass . Was pressured to sign up that day or else price would go up . Didn’t sign & hence still waiting for a quote.

Aust Outdoor LivingAustralian Outdoor Living

Still waiting for a quote which was promised to be sent the following day. Thanks but I have now gone with another company.

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn
Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Hi Ryan and Roslyn,

It is disappointing to read your negative comments about Australian Outdoor Living.

It means a lot to us when homeowners choose Australian Outdoor Living for their projects. We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy for choosing us. Most of the time, we achieve this and are lucky enough to receive some kind words in the form of a review, or post on our Facebook page. We're upset to read that this doesn't sound to be the case for you, and that this has led you to feel so negatively towards our company and even questioning the positive feedback we do receive from other clients.

We only ever ask for honest feedback. This is what is important to us, as it confirms what we're doing right and allows us the chance to improve experiences where possible. Once in a while we have tried to reach a resolution with a customer but they remain unhappy and begin to leave multiple negative comments across our Facebook page and advertisements. We do unfortunately have to remove serial posters from our business page as it has gone past a productive dialogue and becomes damaging to our advertising efforts.

We realise that 13% of our reviews on this listing are 'negative'. Please know that we take these posts very seriously and appreciate them just as much as the 'positive' posts; as these allow us to learn from, and get better at what we do. We'd like to reassure you that the 85% of 'positive' 4 and 5 star reviews on this platform are legitimate, and the result of years of hard work our team has put in behind the scenes.

If you would like to discuss this further we welcome you to contact us at feedback@aol-hq.com.au. (Please quote reference number PR16420Q.)

The team at Australian Outdoor Living

Ken E.

Ken E.asked

Out side living motorised blinds as on tv are you in Bairnsdale Vic.
Ken Elsdon

Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I believe you are interested in our SmartTrack Outdoor Blinds? They are relatively new and proving very popular!

Our Victorian office has done work in Bairnsdale before and would be more than happy to pop out and visit you also. Please call our team on 9930 7600 when you have a spare 5 minutes and we can arrange a suitable time.

We look forward to chatting with you more about the project.

The team at Australian Outdoor Living

PaulPasked

HI, I am looking at some external blinds, how do you stop fraying at the edges?

Hi PaulP,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question.

Its exciting to hear that you are looking into installing Outdoor Blinds at your place. Thank you for thinking of Australian Outdoor Living!

We use a unique wedge welding technique to minimise fraying on the edges of our blinds. This is opposed to the more common stitching method. We find that this technique greatly reduces any loose threads and offers a neat, crisp edge. As you can imagine, over time stitching exposed to our harsh Australian sun can disintegrate from the UV exposure too. The wedge weld avoids this altogether.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you're ready, I welcome you to contact me directly at ahand@aol-hq.com.au and I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling for a free measure and quote.

Alexandra Hand

PaulP

Thank you, so no one else in Australia uses this method?

Hi PaulP,

You're welcome.

I have asked the question for you, and both our Sales Manager and our Manufacturing General Manager can't confirm as, to be honest, we're really not sure. We are involved in a lot of trade shows and they both said they haven't seen the same technique used on the edges of these kinds of Outdoor Blinds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Alexandra Hand