GraysOnline

GraysOnline

2.9 from 2,829 reviews

2.9

2,829 reviews

Unlawful, dishonest, no integrity.

Won an auction for a complete item, still in box. Advertised and sold as complete.
Once taken home and opened, attempt to assemble and find out there should be a second box!
Clear cut case under consumer protection laws for a refund, but they refuse! Basically say, yeah we will wait for consumer affairs to tell us to refund you.
Shonky

The service from Arndale was impeccable

Today I bought a beautiful car from the Arndell branch and I have to say that Caitlin was an absolute dream we came down from the central coast and she rang round and gave me directions and helped us over and above I think she stayed passed her knock of time to make sure we were looked after she is an angel there should be more of her In this world . i am super stocked Thank you Caitlin and greysonline ;)

richard b.

richard b.Mid North Coast, NSW

Over 5 weeks from order and no delivery or replacement offered.

No satisfaction after 5 weeks of chasing up. Tracking number was wrong. Case of wine was "damaged by Australia Post". So far only offered my money back, not the wine won at auction!
Over the years quality of wines has diminished with prices increasing. Just not worth it.
Will never buy wine again from Grays.

Buyers beware

The fees are around 70% of the bid value the customer support is terrible and a very heartless business. Please use alternative auction website before using this one as a last case scenario.

Purcy

PurcyDarwin, NT

How is it sold in that condition?

Won an auction on a Husqvana lawn mower. Didn't get a chance to inspect it as inspections and collections are only on Monday and Friday. Anyway, long story short, collected said item, felt weird when pushing to my vehicle as it keep pulling to the right. Got home and inspected it, the front axle is actually attached to the body of the mower with zip ties and wire! Overall, the rest of the mower is not in much better condition. Very, very disappointed with the transaction. Personally, I would have thrown it out if it were mine.

dnathv01

dnathv01South East Queensland, QLD

All was fine till I had to return a case of wine

The Grays online staff were disrespectful. The phone lines closed for over 2 months during Covid. Return was emailed within 30 days after several attempts to contact someone by phone and I send over 10 Cust service Enquiries incl email trail of all of them date and time stamped.
Got a cust service specialist ONCE who said they would resolve and then never came back

tapmemp

tapmempGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Managing Well

With the difficulty of carrying out a business with the present restraints, the staff are managing well and still smiling. Clear How-To instructions for conducting business in a pandemic situation is a great help.

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretend to be trading but with no functional customer service - left me with nothing and will not communicate

D.A.

D.A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

terrible if you have a genuine issue

Generally ok for cheap poor quality wine etc but if you have a genuine issue they are truly terrible. Safer and generally cheaper to use ebay with the safety of paypal

Great People at the Hamilton Island Warehouse

The guys at the warehouse were awesome and very friendly to deal with at the Hamilton location. They made the whole process a whole lot easier just by being kind.

GeorgevB

GeorgevBSydney, NSW

Graysonline - do your homework and the cars are being sold on auction for a reason

MartynRichmond-Tweed, NSW

My first time buying experience with Graysonline from the bad to a happy ending.

Rush

RushSydney

No after sales service at all !!

I bought 3 Items online from grays, on pick up there was only 2 available, thought it was an honest mistake, it happens.
I tried calling them and emailing them for about a week without getting any response at all, frustrated I called the department of fair trading , I was told “There are no consumer protection laws for goods bought at auctions “,
only way I was able to get my refund for the ghost listing was through PAYPAL.

Avoid Moorebank Branch

Products they are selling are total rejects if not worthless, save your hard earned money, don't bid on this Grays online site, try Ebay, Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace instead. Staff at the reception are very arrogant and unhelpful.

ushi

ushiSydney, NSW

Grays Online - very disappointing - they changed collection address on top screen & refuse to cancel bids

Big washing machine drama

Bought a washing machine. That I thought was new (because that was my search).
I saved like $400.00
It only came with a 12 month warranty according to the receipt.
18 months later the cost of repair is over $400.00
- Manufacturer and consumer states: 2 years
- The manufacturer won’t communicate with me because i bought it from grays;
And grays won’t help me because warrant is 1 year

I find the staff at the pickup Bay always helpful and hardworking. And always friendly. even the man on the gate is a great chap. so thankyou Grays and to the men at the pickup point.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

It’s a crap customer service

I buy 2015 model car and I pay all amount same day I wanna put rego 4 my car
Still show it online registered
I call auction they say to me u have to go RMS
I go rms and they say to me GraysOnline have to clear your car
I mean
Waste my time and waste my money crap company crap customer service and car is crap too
They show nice pics online but real thing it’s crap

Brought a car

Happy with my car purchase. Just had it back from the mechanics no problems. All though the rear bumper paint has oxidised. The tow truck driver told me greys sprays them with water before photos to hide the marks/dents.
I also have to get some rust cut out of the boot. Which wasnt in the listing info. But apart from that the car is immaculate and I got it at a great price. I recommend anyone to go down and look at the car before you bid.
I would buy again off greys but I will do an inspection with my mechanic next time.

Afz

AfzCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Warning Do not buy anything from them they are big scammers 99% of their vehicles have engine/ transactions problem

doaa s.asked

Hi how can return car I bought from GraysOnline

Please answer my question

Martyn

If you get any reply from Graysonline this is what it will say.......

“Please be advised that the vehicle was sold in an Unreserved online Auction on an “as is’ basis and as stated on the description without the Statutory Warranty and cooling-off period. The booking in of this vehicle is based on an external walk around, engine start up only and the opinion of the booking in officer hence inspection is highly recommended to make sure that you are satisfied with the condition of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you further with this matter. “

There is No return policy with anything they sell Sorry to pass on this information.

Ian Basked

Hey guys just wanting to know your experiences buying CARS threw grays online. I'm seriously considering it and would like some more info. Cheers.

NateMcNate
NateMcNate

I contemplated buying a vehicle from Grays for a couple of months and after hours of research, speaking to people that have purchased from them and dealers that use them to sell my opinion is don't touch them, you will set yourself up for disappointment.
I'll list the reasons why.

90% of vehicles sold through Grays are dealer trade-ins that are too costly to repair and register to resell.

They advertise vehicles as "engine turning over" but this only means that the starter will turn the engine, not actually start it. Hey, at least the $100 starter motor works.

No test drives as potential buyers will find too many problems,

They do allow NRMA/RACV/RACQ inspections of the vehicles but this is too costly for most people being around the $400 mark. If the vehicle is a dud which in most cases it is you are still out $400 for one vehicle check. Do this multiple times and you can see where I'm going. They won't allow a random mechanic to check these vehicles out.

There are a lot of false bidders (shill bidders) on this site jacking up the price on behalf of Grays and the seller hence why you see vehicles marked as sold are then listed again the following week. Do a google search on the VIN and you will see how many times it been listed over the previous months. If it hasn't been listed multiple times then it is a recent dealer trade-in not worth reselling on the used car lot.
I did a VIN google search on a Holden Rodeo I was watching and found it had been listed 6 times over 2 months with every listing marked as sold, this was an obvious case of shill bidders jacking up the final price hoping the legitimate bidder would go higher but failed.

Vehicles are photographed wet, under certain light conditions and at certain angles to hide a lot of imperfections.

If you do purchase something you will be waiting for hours at the depot just to pick the item up, even when it is quiet. Put aside a whole day for pick up.

If paying by direct deposit expect to wait weeks for an email with their details, don't expect to pick the vehicle up for at least 2-3 weeks after auction close.
Grays condition reports reflect what they see which is influenced by the fact they want to make as much money off a vehicle as possible. Something that a regular buyer see's as fair condition Grays will list as very good.

Yeah, you could pick up a cheap vehicle that seems like a bargain. After adding on the cost of repairs which all vehicles from Grays need (this is usually thousands) and add the cost of a blue slip and 12 months rego/insurance and you are looking at a cost which equals or exceeds private sale/dealer prices.

You are better off just going to a used car dealer. At the very least you get a vehicle that's roadworthy with rego and 3 months stat warranty. In most cases, you can negotiate a longer warranty (1 to 5 year) within the final price. In saying this there are still dodgy used car dealers out there but you can spot them a mile away.

Stay away from the vehicles sold at Grays Auctions

Ian B

Thanks mate top answer!! I ended up going with my gut and bought privately have heard mixed reports about grays but mostly bad. Thanks again.

BeeDub
BeeDub

I wish I'd read this review a few days ago. I have just bought and paid for a vehicle and I am having a LOT of trouble trying to pick it up!! Getting the run around big time!

Tulloch E

Tulloch Easked

re; graysonline
my son bidded on grays for a car and he won, price 7000, i am shocked and no way afford it, grays online said i must pay 30% of the price and plus all difference if car to be re auctioned, say the final price is less. If i dont pay they will take legal action against me. I really do not know what to do. Has anyone been in similar situation with Grays.? and Hows the ending? is it even legal what they are trying to do to me? any advice will be highly apprciated.

Carl
Carl

Yes it's legal unfortunately, however i would doubt they would chase legally for an amount below 10k as not really worth their chaeges especially with an already poor reputation, dont think they would want to go to court. I may be wrong though. Good luck

Get an answer from our members and GraysOnline representatives