2.9 from 2,695 reviews

Alex

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyers be wear!!!

Bought a vechical from this establishment
Advertisement did not list any issues with the vechical
The car can not get a roadworthy
The whole thing is a rust bucket
Oil leaks diseal leaks
10k down the drain

Just hopeless

Wanted to auction my car through Grey's online. Made 4 phone calls over 4 days + emails trying to get it done. Couldn't get past some call centre person who said they would call back. Never happened. Would not put me through to anyone just took details and said they would call back. No one did. Absolutely the most frustrating company I have ever tried to deal with. Terrible service, I can only imagine how bad they must be if you had an issue with them.

Amanda W.GraysOnline

Hello, We definitely want to assist you. Please private message your details through so that we can get in contact with you.

James m

James mHobart

One of the worst customer service experiences ever

3 calls with left messages and no calls back. Days with no email replies except a threat to dispose of my devices. When I complained I got no compassion just someone on a high horse quoting terms and conditions I'd never read. Never again.

Amanda W.GraysOnline

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details, we'd love to investigate this matter further for you.

John1976

John1976South-Eastern Region, NSW

The car was a counterfeit copy

Jamie

JamieSydney, NSW

Just don't buy from them

Just simple they are a bunch of thief. I bought a car from them and the car was a lemon, they don't care and don't have customer service. I was not offer help or anything. Just thief!

Robert

RobertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

waste of time

I have purchased items before with no problems, I now need to change card details and their system won't accept the new card, the card is the same as the other just from a different bank. The only response I get from them is that they can't change their system and they don't know why it wont accept the new card. It has taken 4 calls and 2 emails, still all I get is an email saying insufficient funds. there doesn't seem to be any help offered.

Choose it right

Choose it rightMid North Coast, NSW

You get what you pay for

Amanda W.GraysOnline

Hello, We're happy that your experience went smoothly and appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Misleading information

I won a car by bidding last night , everything listed in the description showed it was perfect no issues , went and picked it up today within 10 mins of driving it on a busy freeway the car stopped and had smoke coming out of the engine , mind you greys online mentioned NO ISSUES WITH ENGINE , being a female on a busy road with smoke coming out of ur car is a crazy thing , I had to get it towed to a mechanic who confirmed major fault with engine , would have I known this I would have never bidded on the car , this was never written down on the description, can I go to accc about this or how do I go returning this piece of crap that is useless

Kuli
Kuli

Hi you mentioned inspecting the unit however do you allow customers to drive it around NO ? My car engine blew up few mins after driving away with it and caused a scene on major road
What do you have to say about that ?

Never buy from graysonline

Bought a fridge, it was playing up, had to take it back. Still didn't work, had to take it back and still claimed they fixed it. Now we are stuck with a broken fridge. Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Only worth it if you have enough time!

I bought a washing machine. It was supposed to be brand new with minor modifications. It burnt out after 3 runs, but it was taken by Grays online and replaced with new. Then I bought a fridge for 1000 $ which also had modifications. It worked for 13 month and then the temp. regulator went of the scale stopping to work. But with the warranty Grays would not take it back. I believe if you have enough time to go forth and back returning the items it could be a risk worth taking, but if you want to be sure it is better to not use Grays.
I also bought a dryer which also stopped after 1 month. It was returned and replaced with a new one. Again a lot of time wasted.

TOM H.

TOM H.Sydney, NSW

Horrible customer service

Ordered half case of wine. Been waiting for two weeks, the customer services could not even find my order..never buy from them again! Failure of services. Do not buy from

Mac

MacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

STAY AWAY. Professional SCAMMERS ( Grays Auto). Don’t try to buy a car from them.

Bought a car from greys did not match description!!!!!!! Biggest scam

I recently purchased a car from greys online as described the car had a spare key and made it sound like the car was amazing prior to the description they have provided,
When I picked the car up they didn’t give me a spare key they said they don’t have one id have to call customer service and the car was in the worst condition paint was very poor, when they have waited good, sunroof needed attention,
After ringing customer service they did not do anything about my spare key who every has a problem with greys please contact ACCC

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Biggest scam artists. Please stay away from them. Should have seen the signs.

Monty rabbit

Monty rabbitDarwin, NT

I buy with Grays all the time

I can not believe all theses negative reviews. I have brought numerous items off grays including fridges, beds, kids carousels, and even a 1972 450sl mercedes. I have always found staff helpful and items match the description. People must forget that this is an auction house and that Grays can not be totally responsible for the item you purchase.

Guy

GuySydney, NSW

Very unhappy - poor customer service, no reply to follow up emails

My first purchase from Grays, a range hood, oven & cook top through auction.
Items inspected on pick up and apart from some minor crushing on the cook top box everything seemed fine. However when I went to unpack I could hear glass noise within and that's when I noticed the damage.
Grays have refused to refund or replace saying that I broke it in transit. These may be their rules but don't agree that they are fair & just. Are you expected to unpack all the items for a full internal inspection?

BernardSydney, NSW

Graysonline Advertised a car with a fake car service history and they do not want to responsible

I was the highest bidder for a car sold by graysonline because of they advertised the car with a full mercedes benz service history but in fact, the service history book advertised was a fake or fraudulent service history.
and graysonline does not want to responsible for the case. really not trustworthy.

False and misleading representations
Section 29 of the ACL prohibits, in connection with the supply or possible supply or promotion of goods or services:

false or misleading representations about the standard, quality, value, grade, composition, style, model, history, or use of goods (s 29(1)(a) ) or the standard, quality, value or grade of services (s 29(1)(b) );

where is your responsibility graysonline?

Bernard

nothing to do with inspection... fake documents is a crime

PhilEbor nsw

Great unless an item (een brand new) is faulty then your on your own

They state your can email or report online or contact their "friendly customer service team"
I reported online with no response

I can not find ANY customer service number on any pages of their website or the documentation with the sale. Will reset everything and try an email like i just wasted my time and see where that goes

This was Brand new stock from a reputable supplier

Fortunately it's only $35 lost (item failed after 4 days use) but from my perspective Greys is all about selling and you are in for a lot of wasted time through either the manufacturer or consumer affairs to get a refund if your brand new and never used product failed

Hello Phil,
Our customer services number is 1300 362 536 and we are available Mon-Fri 08:30 - 17:30.

MoeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting crap Don’t Bid on anything

Paint over extremely rusted chassis not declared. Death trap. Can’t get roadworthy total loss for a hard working family man.
Very disappointed disgusted shame on Greys. Never again steer clear

Marwan MIllawarra, NSW

Terrible

Hollyasked

I ordered a television. So far customer service has read my facebook messages but has not responded to them. Upsetting to say the least. So far I have paid for an item and heard nothing at all. Just a little concerned. Is this normal and have other people experienced this and had their order arrive as planned and as described?

Hi holly
Out of 4 items I purchased none were as described
4 weeks later still no resolution.
Keep saying customer service team will get back to me. Customer service team is a Phillipines call centre who read off a script who very apologetic but do nothing
Suggest contacting consumer affairs in your state.
I’m currently talking to local mp at the moment.

Holly

Yeah I am going to contact my bank and have the purchase reversed first I think. Such a scam!

Mat
Mat

Once you buy something off them after you pay they don’t want to know about it anymore,they don’t help they have horrible customer service and they don’t assist you in any way.

Concerned

Concernedasked

My partner Just bought a caravan but the pictures and the actual caravan have noticeable difference, the main being the tow bar is completely different, and some covers are different colour and gas bottle missing , do they usually put false photos as part of desription

Jim
Jim

In my experience, they post misleading pictures of the goods they are selling and describe them as being in good condition when they clearly are not. I've been banned from bidding on their auctions as a result of challenging them about misleading photos and descriptions of a car that I bid on. Do yourself a favour and ban yourself before you're tempted to buy anything from them in future

Absolutely agree
They also place bids themselves if no one bids further the same item re appears again for auction though it shows sold.
I won a car as per photos it’s supposed to have a sunroof.
Upon arrival, the sunroof disappeared suddenly

VJB
VJB

I agree I watch same cars being sold and then they are back up again next week or so it's dodgy .after all they are car sales men not the most trustworthy people eh what

khanan k.

khanan k.asked

I bought a Golf 2001 car for my wife from Grays auction with 1 month rego and 75000kms on clock (i believe someone reversed the oddo meter) they cheated the kilometers...
i paid around $3200

engine was polished with car shine oil.

with in 2 days car battery died, i changed it for $260

i noticed its was loosing cooling water, so i took to workshop. the mechanic said water pump is leaking we have to replace it... and its cost me $800.

gearbox stopped working, i called around for gearbox the auto mechanic quote me $1500, and same time central locking stopped working.

then i had enough from my car, and i sold it for $500 (I lost $5000 dollars).

Graysonline sale faulty cars, my advise is if you are not a auto mechanic don't go to Grays auction. all happened with in 2 months.
I have young kids and im broke.

Jayde W.
Jayde W.

Volkswagen are renounced for producing unreliable cars. You should have gone for a Toyota.

alanjmulder
alanjmulder

Jayde W you're funny

Get an answer from our members and GraysOnline representatives

CategoryOnline Shops and Auction Shops