GraysOnline
3.0 from 2,600 reviews

Lenovo Computer Tower

I ordered a desktop tower 7 days ago, said everything was in stock, charged me the 1500$ on the day. I never received a shipping notice so I emailed them last night and got a reply this morning saying they were actually out of stock of this item and that they would refund me (when???). Fine. But why the hell did I have to email them first?? Why did I not get an email the day I ordered or the next day, were they just never going to send out my order so they never bothered to check? Absolute crap.

Hello, we are sorry to hear that we had to refund you and that you weren't notified in a timely manner. We'd like to investigate this matter further and would appreciate it if you could email support@grays.com.au with your details.

Faulty goods listed as Manufacturer' Refurbished. Cheat.

Two listed items as Refurbished - total waste of time and disappointment (Jan-March 2019).
1. A 65" Panasonic TV won in auction for $693. Had a faulty screen as soon as brought home & plugged in. GreysOnLine office took 2 weeks with details & on video demonstrating the fault, were advised the fault was repairable. Self collect & transport the bulky TV in 2 return trips that took 7 hours in 2 round trip to the warehouse for repair. But a week later Grays' advice its status'd changed to "can't be repaired'. What a waste of time and expenses.
2. Bought a Hisense fridge listed $599 as Manufacturer Refurbished in Feb-19 with a 12 mth warranty attached on Gray's Ebay. But it broke down after 4 weeks since plugged-in. notified Grays for repair not received no response. Foods & drinks had to be thrown away. 7 weeks after given notice for repair (now in mid April), but still not been repair. A few polite words from Grays saying "we are working on it". No constructive action, no one takes ownership apart from emails from someone giving lip-service. A guy came a few days ago but didn't have the part to replace the fault. Only yesterday, now want to repossess the fridge back to warehouse!!??
So So waste of time - and total disappointment consecutively 2 in the row from new year.
So stay away please - not worth the "saving" to pay for the risk Grays gives you @ their dishonesty (from what being defined as MANUFACTURER REFURBISHED), and total lack of supports after taken the money.

Store LocationGrays- Moorebank
Hello, We definitely want to assist you and are sorry to hear of your experience. Please private message your details through so that we can get in contact with you.

Nissan Navara 2.5ltr Diesel

The above was Bought from Graysonline Auctions.
On Inspection the Motor was Started and went Well.
Upon Buying it,We noticed that the Fuel had been Drained and the Motor was Noisy
and Blowing Thick Black Smoke.
We put an Injection Cleaner through the Fuel System and Changed the Oil and Filters.
Still did not perform any better.
It Broke Down within 100klms,never to go again without Major Mechanical Work
And Cost Wise around the $6 Thousand Dollar Mark
= $7,000 + $6,000 = $13,000 + Cost of Oil Change ,Filters etc..+ Towing Fee of $445.
We will never Buy from these People again.
We had Bought other Items but had to Travel a Long Way to get Them

Store LocationHamilton,nsw.
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details to support@grays.com.au, we'd like to investigate this matter further for you.

Second time I cannot fault GraysOnline

Having been a Bidder on GraysOnline now for longer than 10 Years without any problems. I have bought more Wine and also 2 Watches that I got very cheap. All those Items where as advertised and arrived fairly soon at my Address.
I just cannot fault Grays in any way. They keep me up to Date on how my bits are going and if I won. Also let me know when my Items have been posted.
In regards to very faulty Cars I think it's not Grays but the Vendors that are taking the Buyers for a ride from those many reports of faulty Cars being sold and it would need Government action to get on top of this problem.

Hello, We are glad to know that your experience was positive and thank you for taking the time to write this review. Did you know that we ranked 6th most loved online retail company! https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/unveiled-australias-100-loved-online-retailers-2019-234503018.html

Misleading product description and fake warranty

My son purchased a car, and an extended warranty, sold to him as: "peace of mind" the car is broken, insurance won't pay out, son can't get to work. Car wasn't even roadworthy when he picked it up. Their roadworthy guy should never be used. The cars description didn't match the vehicle when we picked it up. The insurance sell is misleading. Have just been informed that the insurance won't start for 3 months after the purchase, call centre guy was arrogant basically said: tough.

Store LocationBrisbane

buy some Crap

If you want to sell your crap get Grays to sell it because they are happy to sell crap to anyone and take no responsibility or duty of care what so ever for anything

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details or email support@grays.com.au, we'd love to investigate this matter further for you.

Fraudulent listing practices, avoid grays at all cost

Purchased a vehicle from Graysonline. I had to go to the vendors premises to pick it up and was told the car had major transmission faults by the vendor. I contacted grays and told them that the vehicle had major faults that were not listed in the auction. They said they didn't know anything about them so too bad.
So basically as long as they act like the 3 wise monkeys they can get away with fraud.
Most crap company to deal with, Avoid them at all cost.

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details or email support@grays.com.au, we'd like to investigate this matter further for you.Standard cut and paste response. I have already worked with your investigation team, that is how I know that you don't give a crap about customer service or proper listing practices. You knowingly allow fraudulent behaviour to go on unchecked.

Very disappointed, dishonest seller

Fridge was described as "Reconditioned/Factory Refurbished", which according to their definition is used for a "limited" time, but the actual product received is in very bad condition. the scratches and dent on the external is acceptable as i know before i buy but the cracks and the wear and tear internally is so bad and not stated in the description at all.

Hello, we are sorry to hear that your item wasn't what you expected. If you could private message through your details, we'd be happy to investigate this matter further for you.

Run away from this place

Placed low bid on vehicle which was rough, turns over with rattle. Was told I couldn’t see it and the motor won’t turn. Asked to retract bid and told no.

Store LocationJandakot
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details, we'd love to investigate this matter further for you.I don’t think anything can be done, short of taking it through the courts. They’ve conned me and I’m going to have to live with the consequences. I just don’t want others to fall for their dishonest practices.Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please email support@grays.com.au I would like to investigate and see if there is anything that can be done.

Worst experience

Won item. Only to get an email stating if i used a 3rd party to collect I would need so much documentation it wasnt funny. Proceeding i required a freight company to pick up between the he's of 10 and 2 on a Saturday! Very hard to find. Grays did not help at all. Them company required dimensions if product and weight. Email grays back with this request and told they would email this info. - never happened! Called grays only to b told they had forwarded my request to the warehouse without response. My anxiety increasing 10 fold. As time was getting closer to Saturday and no one will be open to give a solution. Most frustrating and disappointing transaction I've ever incurred! ----- NEVER AGAIN.. PS. we purchased a laptop 12 Months ago with out any issues!

Store LocationNsw

Non existent customer service, paid but not shipped

I purchased an exercise machine through GraysOnline eBay site - the status of this item has now been 'Paid but not shipped' for over 2 weeks now. I queried them as to when it would be shipped, and was told it would take 3 business days to give me a status update! It is now 5 business days, with no response to another email I sent. The estimated delivery dates have also passed. They will not supply any updates, or respond to my queries, so I have had to open a case through eBay support - so I now have to wait a further 3 days to even see if I get a response. They are very happy to take your money, but not supply the goods, and will not provide any updates or news as to why. This is a very common story on this review site - I wish I had read them before I gave my money to this company!!!

Store LocationGraysOnline, eBay

Sean Donaldson sold me a Santa Fe highlander

Amazing experience. Traded in my hilux site unseen
Easy as process and can’t recommend Sean enough
Fantastic experience and will call upon Sean again with my next car 6 out of 5

Store LocationGrays motor online nsw
Hello, We're happy that your experience went smoothly and appreciate you taking the time to review us.

After years of trading account suspended with no way of getting it back

I have bought from GraysOnline for years, after purchasing a sizeable wine order I get an email stating the payment has failed asking me to update within the next 24hrs, I jumped online as soon as I got home from work and my account was suspended so could not update my details online, call centre was closed. Called them first thing 0901am! the next day and was told my auction items are no longer mine and that my account cannot be activated again because of the ONE failed payment that I tried to rectify! Additionally was advised that any future accounts that have shared details ie. address, mobile etc. will be instantly suspended as well! What kind of terrible systems/processes are in place where a loyal customer cant update their details and due to this are immediately suspended for life! such a crap experience, thanks Grays!

All vehicles sold have major defects

What a terrible experience buying a vehicle from these guys.

The vehicle had some severe mechanical and interior defects which were omitted from the condition report after we had the vehicle inspected.

The mechanical defects consist of various error codes being thrown by the ECU, oil leaks, steering issues, the condition report stated the vehicle condition as being "good".

In the interior, there is heavy wear which is not consistent with the age and mileage for the vehicle. The assessor detected debris, excrement stains, rips, tears, coffee stains, the electric passenger seat cannot move forward, seat belt cannot be buckled.

Our assessor advised to stay away from this vehicle and to stay away from Grey's in general.
This has been second assessor who has provided this advice. They mentioned that you won't save anything anyway and there could still be issues when a blue slip inspection is performed. The advice was "Unless the vehicle is 50% of the sale of a private sale for that vehicle, it's not worth it".

The vehicles condition was not as advertised. No mention of these defects. These guys think they can flaunt the laws and legislation made by the ACCC and by stating "sold as is where is basis" they can sell anything. Wrong!

With the purchase, unfortunately, we cannot afford to overlook these issues as some are serious.
We had a friend purchase another vehicle who also had a mechanical and pre-purchase inspection performed, the car came back good. However, they would not allow the assessor to TEST DRIVE the vehicle. For reason being were the AIR SUSPESION struts were all defective and now cost $10,000 to replace!!! No signs of wear or issues on the dash.
They deceived my friend and sold the car like this to him.

They seem a bit inconsistent with their policies and rules where by will allow some vehicles to be test driven or not. Most likely to hide the defects on test drive.

Their online "automatic" bidding system is flawed. It wasn't a coincidence that the auction price reached my maximum bid by less than a $100 before auction ending. Very rampant ghost/dummy/shill bidding occurring here that they need to inspect and audit their systems.

Their online bidding system aims to take advantage of buyers and exploit them. I've seen instances where my maximum bid was exceeded by $1,000 - $2,000.

Grey's Online is now charging us a $15,400 cancellation fee when the vehicle isn't even worth a cent.

I think they're called "Greys" to hint at the stress endured and the grey hairs that will result in dealing with them.

Stay away!!!

Store LocationSYDNEY

Horrible customer service, wanted to charge me $250 on a $500 item for a mistaken bid that they would not cancel

Terrible company to deal with no customer service
Staff have no idea what to do
Other staff lied and told me one thing and then they changed the next day. They sold me a car that had finance still owing on it and also lost and wouldn’t replace keys.

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details or email us at support@grays.com.au we'd love to investigate this matter further for you.I have spoken to your customer service staff and they want to charge me $250 cancellation fee on a $500 itemHi Mark, For us to investigate this matter, please send through your purchase details via private message or email us at support@grays.com.au

Good outcome

Bought a luggage "set" as was in the description and only received one bag instead of the advertised two. However Graysonline were able to rectify the situation after a phone call and i had a satisfactory result.

Hi, It's great to hear that we were able to assist you. We are glad that you are happy with the resolution.

Disreputable, auction rule need to change

Purchased on grays, vendor then tried to extort more money as he wasn't happy with sale price, reported to grays, they would not force the seller to hand over the items, for the sale price , just offered me a refund, which was not what I wanted, laws around auctions and auction houses in nsw, work only for them, the consumer has virtually no rights, contact your local member, which is what I'm doing, make some noise so we have more rights.
Poor customer service!

OK

Wasn't good early on but [name removed] @graysonline turned it around
I was extremely upset early on since I got vehicle different to description on website, struggled to talk to right person and left a review here which was picked by [name removed] who helped me a great deal and process the refund in less than 24 hours without any question asked.
They need to be careful when it comes to vehicle specs.
Anyways after a little bit of struggle it was resolved amicably.

Sells Faulty Stock - $2k wasted

I purchased several hospitality items that I won at Auction through GraysOnline. I drove 6 hours to Sydney to collect and 6 hours home. I have since found out that the Commercial fridge I purchased for $550 is going to cost $2,000 to fix (same as a new one). The glass washer I purchased for $680 does not work and needs $300 spent on it to even get it working. The $550 chargrill I purchased required $380 spent on it to get it working. The wine bucket holders I bought were rusty.
What an absolute shonky business you are running! Turn the equipment on or have it tested before selling rubbish that should be sent to the tip! The items description did not state that the condition was unknown.
Buyer beware!

They don't reply to emails, advertise fake stock levels and have crap service

I bought several quantities of an item off Grays through eBay with a "Guaranteed delivery date" (or my money back). For 3 business days they ignored my emails requesting an update on when my items were being shipped. Only after I involved eBay did they respond. But was then told they had no idea of stock levels and promised to get back to me when they knew more. I replied back saying that it wasn't good enough and that I couldn't believe it took them 3 whole days to tell me that. I also requested a refund, as they clearly could not meet my order or the shipping deadline. They did not respond to repeated emails, so I involved eBay again. They were so bad with communication I had no idea if they actually stocked the item or were ever going to ship it out. So had to go buy from a more reliable local source and was able to purchase and pickup all on they same day. Lucky I did as by the time Grays got back to me they had already missed the guaranteed delivery date. Under eBay policy I was entitled to get a refund but again they refused to respond. So I involved eBay (yet again)! EBay got so sick of them they closed my case for "Failed delivery" and when my items finally arrived they opened up a "Refund" case and helped me process the return. Again only when eBay got involved did Gray's reply back. This time I got a lecture from them telling me that I would be responsible for the return shipping costs Blah Blah Blah. I then quoted the "Guaranteed Delivery" policy which clearly stated the seller is responsible for return shipping and you guessed it! they didn't replied back.
I bought off Grays because of the Guaranteed delivery date promise. I needed the items urgently for a client who needed them fitted to their vehicle by a certain date. Luckily I was able so source the items from a local supplier and completed the job in time. Grays had plenty of time to organize and ship the goods but just didn't care. They clearly advertised fake stock levels but the worst thing was the lack of communication. They only ever replied when I got eBay involved. In terms of service, most good company's are Pro-active. The bad ones are Re-active. Grays is even worse (In-active) and only ever did anything after eBay got involved several times. All this could have been avoided if they simply communicated with me. First and last time I will ever use them!

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your Grays experience. If you could private message through your details, we'd love to investigate this matter further for you.Clearly you wish to appear helpful here as this is review is read by fair number of people. but it is too late! I finally got my money back after almost a month of pain, but only through the help of eBay support. Your people were absolutely useless. They all had the same attitude and that was to ignore me until I complained to eBay. Even then they would then take their time and drag it on for as long as possible. I would then have to go to eBay again and again. It seems that this lack of customer service is ingrained in your companies culture! So as far as I'm concerned, I will never use your platform of buy anything listed under your name again!

Good afternoon, A couple of weeks ago I won an auction on 12 bottles of red wine. To this date I have not received my order. As the order was for a family celebration and it did not come I feel at this stage I would be reluctant to purchase any more items from you. Can you please assist me in finding out what has happened? regards Maggie Maggie McGregor [address removed] The order was payed through paypal
Hi Maggie. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your wine yet. Could you please send an email to support@grays.com.au so that we can investigate this matter for you. It's certainly unusual to have to wait this long for wine.

I bid on a few cars the other day, and have won one which grays have taken from my account today. So far so good right? Tonight 5 more auctions end and if I win any more I simply wont have the money to pay for them. I don't know what to do

Hi. I just picked up a Mondeo I won on the Greys online auction. As you can't pre test drive I presumed it would drive around fine. Not so. The transmission shudders and slips. It got me home and my research tells me it would cost thousands to fix. If someone could help me to understand what my options are. Can I return it? Will I get full refund. Surely they must be able to do something. Please help. Cheers.
Hi Mate , If you noticed that the transmission slips while you where at there yard . The right thing to do stop the car inform the management that the car has a fault and if it's not mentioned online that the transmission needs attention then they might return your money . But mate you drove off to your home so it's difficult to prove that it you got the car damaged . And yes your transmission is finished you need to replace it but don't repair it will cost alot more .Hi and thanks for the reply. Yeah I realise it's going to be costly hence the questions. It was only in first gear in the yard and just got progressively worse on my trip home. By the time I got home they would have closed so I couldn't call. I have left them an email though. I'm no mechanic and thought that perhaps it was like that as it was sitting in the yard for a while or it may have been low on fluid but when I got home and done my googles about it it became obvious that it's more sinister than hoped. I hope they reply and perhaps can refund or something as we are not financial enough to repair it and it could become a very stressful situation :(

Similar listings