Grey Army

Fantastic job well done

My gutters needed cleaning and they were badly compacted with leaves and twigs. The price and job done were excellent ,roof swept,leaves and twigs were redistributed as mulch on my front retaining area. I could not ask for better service ,well done.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Service(s) UsedGutter Cleaning
Would certainly use again.Happy Chappy

Didn't contact me

I wanted a concreting job done and was promised their concreter Levi would contact me. Days later and no contact. I went elsewhere. The job was not especially difficult. Most disappointed.

Rates and Fees
Service(s) UsedConcreters
Good afternoon we left a voice message on Friday on your mobile. We have looked into your review. We can confirm you called our office on the 27th August. We have spoken with our Grey Army member who has informed us that he did not receive your information that day to call you. Please accept our apologies

Very dissappointed

I had 5 small rooms to be painted, doors and some closets, the trims had to be sanded as there was oil based paint on them, walls were clean and no need to sand, plus the chap said he could take some of the bottom off a door to stop it from scraping...he talked about how great he was and new what he was doing...it was a mid range quote. Well, the final outcome is is *he didn't sand the trim properly, so paint chipped almost immediately * he painted 2 coats per day and wasn't happy when questioned *removed sliding door and didn't put back on...it still sticks *2 other doors where not put back on properly *ordered gloss when I had stated low sheen for trim, made me pay for it, yet I never got the gloss paint for prosperity - it was a nightmare, after a few weeks of just living with it I tried several times to get in contact, was just ignored - so annoyed...I am writing this review 12 mths after this awful transaction, after spotting yet more shoddy work...I do hope karma finds this man

Service(s) UsedPainters

Excellent workmanship!

Andy, an Electrician from Grey's Army (Melbourne) was fantastic! He was so professional and a real expert in his field, with many years of experience behind him. I had quite a few electrical jobs that needed doing around the house and he knew exactly what to do and offered lots of advice as well. He was so nice, reliable, efficient and friendly and a real pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend him!

Service(s) UsedElectricians
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we will pass this onto our Grey Army Member,

Get additional quotes

I requested quote for painting gutters, eves, pergola. I had several quotes from local tradesmen (source local paper) however grey army by far the most expensive, in fact double the price of another tradesman.

Service(s) UsedPainters
Good morning Chris, if you could call 13 11 98, this will put you in touch with your local Grey Army Office, ask to speak to a manager, as they will investigate this for you. We would like to know why as well, then we can post our response on this review. Thank you

Cannot recommend highly enough

My family has recently used the services of Robert Fallace from the Grey Army in Melbourne for carpentry, electrical and painting work. We were so impressed with Robert's advice, punctuality and management of our mini renovation that we actually ended up using his for a number of smaller jobs around the house. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and the sub contractors he used were all very friendly and professional.

Service(s) UsedBuilders, Carpenters, Electricians, Handyman, Painters and Plasterers

UNRELIABLE.

1. In canberra, I was stood up by the handyman without even bothering to call or text to tell me where he was. DO NOT rely on Reno or Linzie to turn up. Hopeless.

Service(s) UsedHandyman

Well done!

I have just used te professional skills of Michael and Robert Fallace from the Grey Army. They have completed jobs at my home ranging from plastering, painting, building shelves and cupboards as well as carpentry repairs. They were professional, did their work well and on time as per their quote and I would be happy to recommend them to others, including my friends and relatives.

Service(s) UsedCabinet Makers, Carpenters, Painters and Plasterers

Absolutely Horrendous and despicable service

I have in the past used Grey Army on a number of occasions and whilst the service wasn't great it wasn't that bad either. This time however I booked a roof painter to quote on some work, he never turned up and never called to explain why. When mentioning this to head office they stated that this would never happen and that I was making the story up, I was obviously bemused about this and proceeded to the escalate the call to the operations manager where things got a whole lot worse. This person just continued to lie and make up stories. Call was escalated to General Manager where it became evident that the reason for the staff's deplorable behaviour resonates from him. His tone and approach was incredibly unprofessional. The reason why i used Grey Army was if anything ever went wrong I had a head office and managers to call on.....It could not have been any further from that. I tried a number of times to call and have a calm, normal and professional conversation to work through the matter however management were not interested. Never again.

House Painter

Never use Grey Army again. I'm left with a mess after getting painter back 3 times to fix mistakes. Short changed nearly $2,000 worth of work. Totally unprofessional contemptable lazy attitude.

Please call our office 13 11 98 and provide your address and details so that we can investigate this further for you Thank You

Removal of old balcony

We were amazed how fast we got a reply, then inspection and quote. A week later the job was done by Carpentex. George & Michael were great, very quick and cleaned up everything even though we told them we would do it. Great job and would thoroughly recommend them and we thought their quote was very reasonable.

Thank you for your review, so we can pass this on to your local Grey Army office, can you provide us with the state and suburb that the work was completedSt Marys, NSW

New fence

Had my fence extended by Reno in Canberra. Fantastic job, no issues, would recommend him to anyone. Site cleaned after work completed. Very happy. 10/10 on every aspect of the job.

Frank the Gardener

The first time frank came, he did a great job of my front yard, I was extremely happy with the work (although I did feel it was over priced). The second time he was over an hour late, the work on the backyard was ok for the time spent but lots of rubbish left behind. I then reached out for him to come and finish the job and didn’t hear back. So I tried a 2nd time a few days later and again didn’t hear back, tried a 3rd time a week later and still nothing. Extremely frustrating and disappointing after a string of unreliable gardeners.

Sam painter from grey army.

Sam is an excellent painter. He fixed a problem with the ceiling, now it looks beautiful. He knows his vocation well. Painted ceilings and walls professionally. He was polite and works quickly with ease.
I recommend him highly.
Nikki G

Poor service

Made a time with a guy to come out and quote on fixing noisy ceiling fans. I made arrangements to leave work early for this and he didn’t show up. When I called back he said he had forgotten, and we re-scheduled the day.
When he did come out he said he’d email a quote that night but I never received one. Then someone else from Grey Army contacted me a week or so later to ask how it went and I told them I never got a quote. They said they’d reallocate the job to someone else but I never heard back from anyone.
That was several weeks ago. What a waste of time!

Thank you for taking the time to place this Review. . With our Queensland Region we have 4 areas, can you please indicate the suburb that you are in so we can pass this onto the management team for this area. They will certainly follow this up for youBli BliThank you Carmel, Our Manager Gina has reported to us that she has spoken to your this morning. She has explained what happened and you will get call from our Grey Army Member

Thanks Paul

We needed work done on our timber porch. Left a quote request on Grey Army's website and Paul phoned back soon after. He dropped around within the hour and we discussed the situation. We agreed the faulty and dangerous steps should be removed and the porch fence extended to close the gap. Paul's quote was less than I'd expected. He did the job while we were away and the result was exactly what we'd hoped for.

Happy customer. Would recommend to friends.

Needed the doggie door hole covered in the screen door. Called Grey Army and Danny phoned me not long after I had submitted a request for a handy man. He came out a few days later and did the job. He was polite and efficient and did an excellent job.

Overpriced and Late!

He was late by a couple of hours to provide quote. Had to chase quote. When I got my price quoted over the phone it was twice the price of a tradie off gumtree. Very disappointing!

Waste of time

Called Grey Army (middle of Jan)for a quote to put a shade sail up. The guy couldn't even come to look for 2 weeks and then it was 7.30pm. It took another 10 days before I got a quote via email. $3300 !!! That's more than any of the professional company's dealing in this business - for supply and fit! Couldn't do the job until end of March! Summers over then - I won't need the shade sail! I thought the Grey Army was for older guys who still wanted/needed to work? These guys don't need the work. They only fit you in when they don't have any else to do. Total waste of time!

Grey Army would like you to contact their Head Office to discuss 13 11 98, please provide your full details and they will investigate this on your behalf. Grey Army members are on average over the age of 50 and they all work full time and can be fully booked up to 3 - 4 weeks with work. Thank youThere is a big difference between 3 - 4 weeks and 11 weeks, which is what I would have had to wait to get the job done by a grey army guy!

Extremely Happy Consumer

Mark Delaney, electrician, came to put up Lights, Heat Lamps and Fans, His work was excellent and he even tidied up after himself. Great tradesman. Very easy to work with.

I need a handyman to hang paintings on walls. Does Robert Fallace do this work? His review was good.
I don't know.If you call our office 13 11 98 and ask for Robert we can organise this for you Thank You

I have several smallish jobs i need doing: installing a length of guttering along one part of the roof; installing some flashing between house and porch roof; checking porch support posts for rot, and repairing them; removing, but not replacing another short piece of guttering; also probably installing ? flashing high up on the roof, where there appears to be a leak maybe due to wind damage. I am on the pension so cost needs to be a consideration, but i also need to maintain my property. can you help please? My previous builder is seriously ill and no longer able to help. I am in South Frankston Thankyou Jan Lumley
Please visit our website www.greyarmy.com.au and follow the link to request a quote, or alternatively call 131198 during business hours, we will require your full name, address and contact phone number thank you

I need a painter to paint interior of house