Grey Army

New fence

Had my fence extended by Reno in Canberra. Fantastic job, no issues, would recommend him to anyone. Site cleaned after work completed. Very happy. 10/10 on every aspect of the job.

Frank the Gardener

The first time frank came, he did a great job of my front yard, I was extremely happy with the work (although I did feel it was over priced). The second time he was over an hour late, the work on the backyard was ok for the time spent but lots of rubbish left behind. I then reached out for him to come and finish the job and didn’t hear back. So I tried a 2nd time a few days later and again didn’t hear back, tried a 3rd time a week later and still nothing. Extremely frustrating and disappointing after a string of unreliable gardeners.

Sam painter from grey army.

Sam is an excellent painter. He fixed a problem with the ceiling, now it looks beautiful. He knows his vocation well. Painted ceilings and walls professionally. He was polite and works quickly with ease.
I recommend him highly.
Nikki G

Poor service

Made a time with a guy to come out and quote on fixing noisy ceiling fans. I made arrangements to leave work early for this and he didn’t show up. When I called back he said he had forgotten, and we re-scheduled the day.
When he did come out he said he’d email a quote that night but I never received one. Then someone else from Grey Army contacted me a week or so later to ask how it went and I told them I never got a quote. They said they’d reallocate the job to someone else but I never heard back from anyone.
That was several weeks ago. What a waste of time!

Thank you for taking the time to place this Review. . With our Queensland Region we have 4 areas, can you please indicate the suburb that you are in so we can pass this onto the management team for this area. They will certainly follow this up for youBli BliThank you Carmel, Our Manager Gina has reported to us that she has spoken to your this morning. She has explained what happened and you will get call from our Grey Army Member

Thanks Paul

We needed work done on our timber porch. Left a quote request on Grey Army's website and Paul phoned back soon after. He dropped around within the hour and we discussed the situation. We agreed the faulty and dangerous steps should be removed and the porch fence extended to close the gap. Paul's quote was less than I'd expected. He did the job while we were away and the result was exactly what we'd hoped for.

Happy customer. Would recommend to friends.

Needed the doggie door hole covered in the screen door. Called Grey Army and Danny phoned me not long after I had submitted a request for a handy man. He came out a few days later and did the job. He was polite and efficient and did an excellent job.

Overpriced and Late!

He was late by a couple of hours to provide quote. Had to chase quote. When I got my price quoted over the phone it was twice the price of a tradie off gumtree. Very disappointing!

Waste of time

Called Grey Army (middle of Jan)for a quote to put a shade sail up. The guy couldn't even come to look for 2 weeks and then it was 7.30pm. It took another 10 days before I got a quote via email. $3300 !!! That's more than any of the professional company's dealing in this business - for supply and fit! Couldn't do the job until end of March! Summers over then - I won't need the shade sail! I thought the Grey Army was for older guys who still wanted/needed to work? These guys don't need the work. They only fit you in when they don't have any else to do. Total waste of time!

Grey Army would like you to contact their Head Office to discuss 13 11 98, please provide your full details and they will investigate this on your behalf. Grey Army members are on average over the age of 50 and they all work full time and can be fully booked up to 3 - 4 weeks with work. Thank youThere is a big difference between 3 - 4 weeks and 11 weeks, which is what I would have had to wait to get the job done by a grey army guy!

Extremely Happy Consumer

Mark Delaney, electrician, came to put up Lights, Heat Lamps and Fans, His work was excellent and he even tidied up after himself. Great tradesman. Very easy to work with.

Terrible

Was told there was no one in my area (north east) had to come from Hallet cove, only to be told a travel fee would apply ($45.00) no thanks.

Thank you for your review, Grey Army is building up our team in Adelaide. We asked our grey army member Alex if he would accept your job request yesterday. He told us yes, he never mentioned he would charge a travel fee. This is not the policy of Grey Army and Alex will be spoken to about this. Sorry that this happened to you and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

No show - Sutherland Shire

I needed lawns done temporarily. I was contacted and told the person would do it one afternoon next week. Anyway, that was 5 weeks ago. I was having 50 people over for my father's 90th birthday so my almost 90 year old father ended up coming over and doing the lawns!

Please call 13 11 98 and ask to speak with the management team they will need to investigate this and speak with the Grey Army member in person. Sorry that you were let down, We apologise that this has happened.

aaaa

work done ok fast service and job done.Garden,plants done seed sown garden now growing. Happy service guy and friendly man

Very slow to respond

I had used Grey Army a few years ago but don't think I'll bother using this company again - obviously it depends on who you're referred to a bit of "lucky dip" on customer service. I recently called to see if I could get someone out to put a gutter on an already built pergola, was given a persons name and sent a text with details saying "they'll be in touch shortly" and then nothing. Around a week later I finally get a call from the person but told them I had already been in touch with someone and had the job sorted. They didn't seem very interested, would have been nice to just get a call initially to give me an idea of when they would be available for the job and if they were actually even interested (I got the impression they weren't). Didn't think it would take a week for a company to get in touch about a quote or job, certainly didn't take the other person I contacted that long - he already had the job done by the time Grey Army got around to calling me!

Can you please call our office 13 11 98 and provide your full details, we need to investigate this for you as this is not how the Grey Army Head Office expect our customers to be treated. We cannot look into this till we have your full name. Thank You for placing this review.

Prompt Response, Organised, Skilled and Professional.

Requested a quote for handyman jobs on the Central Coast of NSW. Michael arrived at the time we agreed on, quoted a fair price and completed various jobs such as adjusting and fitting cabinets and bench, fixing shower doors and assembling flat packs. He had all the necessary tools and materials on hand and completed the work promptly and to a high standard. I was so pleased with the results that I have booked Michael for additional work.

Two jobs, 2 tradies, both FANTASTIC

Im nervous woman who lives alone and i wd recomend GA absolutely. From my first call, to finished jobs i cdnt be happier. My indoor blinds had to be installed into steel and brick. First GA guy told me what needed to be done and recommended a second GA guy to do it, both very pleasant efficient professional guys. With my ceiling fans, i messed him about abit with rescheduling twice, he was great, very considerate and did the job he quoted. Informative, well mannered and pleasant from beginning to end, thanks South Bris Grey Army, you're great.

We thank you for taking the time to place this review, we will pass this onto our team in Brisbane, Thank you once again

Already zero stars before they came out to give a quote

I called the Grey Army today to advise that my gate is heavy and needs new hinges, I called early morning, received a call back at 2.45pm, that's fine. Without coming out the guy on the phone said I need a new gate and he knows someone who can give me a good price. No thanks. Disgusted in the service. Never again.

The guy said he was from Sunshine, could not understand what his name was but I have his number if anyone is interested. Appalling. Will tell everyone never to use this business.We have looked into your review you lodged the job via our web site which they received at 11.41am . You called Melbourne office this afternoon and spoke to one of our team leaders, She apologised on behalf of Grey Army and agreed that our Grey Army member should have visited your home to provide a free quote. She mentioned that we will be taking this up with the Grey Army member in question as we never quote over the phone we visit homes to inspect the work requested. You mentioned also that you have already had two quotes to replace the gate and you wish for new hinges only. We offered to send you another Grey Army member and you declined this and before the call ended you said you would be placing this on all social media. . We do appreciate your phone call as this allows us to help, assist and rectify any concerns when permitted.Yes I got quotes for new gates and after professional advice was told new hinges were all that I required. Your grey army caller was not interested in even visiting. So I will complain to anyone I can about this shocking service.

Its excellent

Their great and excellent worker and it’s worth price..we want mark in the future his a very great worker and mark he keeps his word about when the work will be completed.

Thank you for your review, can you private message us your name and contact details, we can then pass this onto our grey army member.

Handyman for my apartment

I organised for a handyman to do a number of jobs that I couldn’t do -
Hanging pictures and repositioning, installing hooks on doors, fixing my table leg, tightening of screws on furniture and cleaning of my bathroom fan
Quoted, invoice written and all jobs crossed off and payment made on the day finished
Very professional and lovely guy

Thank you for your review, if you can send us a private message with your full name and state you are in,also if you can provide to us his name, we can let our Grey Army Member knowDeborah Deckys Victoria

Leak NOT fixed by [name removed] (north Brisbane)

Manager [name removed] did come out and he said the leak is fixed.

After 3 weeks the water stain on the ceiling downstairs has tripled in size SO THE LEAK HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. I would not recommend plumber [name removed] (north Brisbane) to anyone. It took him 10 mins to change the teflon tape. I contacted him back to say I can still hear the water drops in the ceiling but he refused to come back and fix it. I'm a pensioner and I just wasted the money I paid him!!!! DON'T USE THIS PLUMBER.

Grey Army Head office have investigated your feedback, the local manager has visited your home and has explained to you what you are required to do, both himself and his plumber cannot see any visible leak. He recommended that if you have concerns then you really need to employ a builder to remove your ceiling and investigate this for you.Proof of a visible leak is on the ceiling downstairs - water stains on the ceiling is the proof. Since they came out telling me it's fixed the water stains has tripled in size. The plumber just changed the teflon tape on the shower rose and said it's fixed. He did not check all the taps or the bath to investigate the cause of leak. Comment above is carp. DON'T USE GREY ARMY FOR A PLUMBER ON NORTH SIDE BRISBANE AS YOU ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME ANE MONEY.

Totally hopeless, don’t bother

Rang for a quote, guy came out said he needed to source materials and would send me a quote. A week later he calls and says he still hasn’t found the materials. Then nothing, absolutely nothing. When I called to complain all they had was “oh do you want me to get....to call you?” No apolgy, no acknowledgment of the waste of my time, just told me I was being difficult because I wasn’t accepting of their attitude. Absolutely pathetic. Do not bother with these amateurs!

Can you please send us a private message and provide your full name address and who the grey army member is. We are sorry that this has happened and we would like to investigate this on your behalf. Thank you.