GYC

GYC

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GYC? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.5
Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.Sydney, NSW

Rover 855 - not fit for purpose

The mower is difficult restart (which you need to do each time you take your hand off the handle). Almost impossible to pull back because the skirt is so low at the back it catches in the grass. The rear wheels have almost no grip so the self propulsion only works on the slightest on inclines. And after less than an hours use it is worthless - GYC says 'we don't do trade-ins'. But if you are looking for a mower that will give you more of a workout than any push mower you have ever used you should buy a "SELF PROPELLED" Rover 855. Oh and the red plastic cover on the engine is held on with two small plastic central clips, designed to break easily.

Hunter
Hunter

Good on sales bad on customer reviews

I bought a Briggs & Stratton Sprint 3200 pressure washer from CYC for delivery. The sales service was good and prompt and the product 'was okay but!' I wrote a balanced review on GYC's request but because I was truthful about the product's negatives it was never shown on their sales website. So don't rely on GYC's customer reviews as they only seem to publish the very positive reviews.

Stephen.
Stephen.

Rather pay more.

Went to GYC Thornleigh to buy a honda trimmer,said to the salesman what I wanted,he got it down and as we walked to the counter he was asking others if they needed help disregarding me.He only had 1 word answers and could not even give me my receipt but told a younger member of staff to deal with it.Never again made the whole experience awful,would rather pay more then ever go there again,Steve.

Hardware Shops

Find out how GYC compares to other Hardware Shops

Ms Chris
Ms ChrisSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I bought a Honda HRU19M2PKU lawn mower online and couldn’t be happier with the service.
I required further advice upon receiving my mower and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Couldn’t recommend them highly enough. Thank you Mitchell from the Kirrawee store for his useful advise.

EssDee54
EssDee54Sydney, NSW

Pathetic Customer Service- Buy Elsewhere

reviewer2232
reviewer2232

Forgot to fully service.

Put my chainsaw in for service after I gave up on repairing it myself.

Needed new fuel lines and a tune.

I stipulated that I had replaced the spark plug and I needed it tuned.

Got it home after repair and it wouldn’t run. It would start but continue to stall.

I was also billed for a new spark plug.

Took it back and they tuned it and refunded the cost of the spark plug. Happy with their rectification but why wasn’t the service request read and acted upon in the first instance?

Mouse
MouseSydney, NSW

A good experience

First time I have used these people. They serviced my Honda Water Pressure Machine, Wacker Neuson Compactor and Stihl Blower Vac. These people are helpful, prompt and knowledgeable. A very good experience thanks. I will be back.

Bruce
BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product perfect

It’s very light and battery operated and only weighs 3 kg
And very easy to use perfect for around the garden .
First time owning one best thing we did in buying it .

Professional services and advise

Excellent service and helpful advice. Promptly response. Can't ask any more. Keep up, GYC. Will be back again for services.

Hardware Shops

Find out how GYC compares to other Hardware Shops

Good service

Came across Jason at Thornleigh
The guy is a guru. Tool time and knows his stuff. You don't find good service like that anymore
Keep it up GYC

Matt D
Matt Dearlwood

Old fashioned service

Have recently bought a line trimmer and chainsaw from GYC Kirrawee. I can't wrap these guys enough about their service. Take the time to explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have. Will definitely be back.

raymond xerri
raymond xerri

Only interested in selling new mowers

At gyc leppinton they are only interested in selling new garden products and charging extra for repairs if you need any parts you're be ignored because of not much profite will be made ordered a part for my chainsaw and after a week waiting for it I gone to the shop and was told that I have never ordered anything and treated me as a liar
Ray

Redback
RedbackKenthurst

Online Can't Replace This Kind Of Expertise ...