GYC

GYC

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pathetic Customer Service- Buy Elsewhere

On Easter Saturday, I went in GYC to buy a Stihl FS45 brush cutter for my son. This machine is currently on special everywhere for $229. The reason why I wanted to buy the FS45 is that it I have had one for many years and found it to be a good reliable workhorse that I have never had any trouble with.
The sales person I was dealing with told me that the Honda UMS 425 brush cutter was a much better machine than the FS45 and then told me that it was on special at $279 (a $40 saving on the recommended retail price). I then told this person that as it was my son who I was buying the machine for, I would first talk to him over the weekend and let him decide which machine to purchase.
I then left the store and after talking to my son over the weekend, he decided to get the Honda brush cutter instead of the Stihl one. However, this morning (the Tuesday after the Easter long weekend) I went to purchase the Honda machine and was informed that the price had increased $10 to $289, as the $279 promotional price offer had lapsed over the Easter weekend.
While the $10 increase in price is not significant, it would have been nice if I'd been told on Saturday that the price was going to be higher today than it was on Saturday, because if that was the case I would have contacted my son (who was on holiday up the coast) earlier and probably bought the Honda on the same day. As I said, the $10 price increase is not that much, but surely if there are promotional offers in place, customers should be made aware of their expiry dates by GYC staff because if, for example, the saving was much greater than, say, $10, it would be most annoying to miss out on a substantial discount simply because a GYC employee failed to inform a customer of the expiry date for promotional offers in place on the day a customer attended the store.
Clearly, most people like to assess their purchase options before buying, as was the case with my son, so perhaps it would be prudent if GYC was to train all its salespersons to specifically inform customers exactly when promotional offers end, instead of having customers return to buy an item they thought was still discounted and then finding out that it was no longer discounted, thereby leaving them with a most unpleasant buying experience that will most likely dissuade them from ever dealing with GYC again.
As it stands now, my son and I have, on principle, decided to go to another lawnmower outlet and purchase the Stihl S45 for the same price we could have bought it for at GYC.
Great work GYC!! Instead of selling a more expensive brushcutter, you have now missed out on a sale altogether. Hopefully more potential customers will do the same instead of wasting their valuable time dealing with the very unhelpful and unprofessional staff at GYC.

Store LocationGYC Peakhurst

Forgot to fully service.

Put my chainsaw in for service after I gave up on repairing it myself.

Needed new fuel lines and a tune.

I stipulated that I had replaced the spark plug and I needed it tuned.

Got it home after repair and it wouldn’t run. It would start but continue to stall.

I was also billed for a new spark plug.

Took it back and they tuned it and refunded the cost of the spark plug. Happy with their rectification but why wasn’t the service request read and acted upon in the first instance?

A good experience

First time I have used these people. They serviced my Honda Water Pressure Machine, Wacker Neuson Compactor and Stihl Blower Vac. These people are helpful, prompt and knowledgeable. A very good experience thanks. I will be back.

This product perfect

It’s very light and battery operated and only weighs 3 kg
And very easy to use perfect for around the garden .
First time owning one best thing we did in buying it .

Professional services and advise

Excellent service and helpful advice. Promptly response. Can't ask any more. Keep up, GYC. Will be back again for services.

Terrible service.

I came in to the old store a few months ago to purchase a sparkplug for my mower. I bought the old plug with me for reference and I was asked so many irrelevant questions, eventually was given a plug from a different maker and I left as that took 20 mins. 6 months later I went in for another plug as previous wasn't working anymore and after waiting 10 minutes, again, was told they didn't have any and that I couldn't have bought the last plug from them as they never sold that brand. I walked out muttering something about incompetent staff and service in this country died in the 80s.

Good service

Came across Jason at Thornleigh
The guy is a guru. Tool time and knows his stuff. You don't find good service like that anymore
Keep it up GYC

Old fashioned service

Have recently bought a line trimmer and chainsaw from GYC Kirrawee. I can't wrap these guys enough about their service. Take the time to explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have. Will definitely be back.

Only interested in selling new mowers

At gyc leppinton they are only interested in selling new garden products and charging extra for repairs if you need any parts you're be ignored because of not much profite will be made ordered a part for my chainsaw and after a week waiting for it I gone to the shop and was told that I have never ordered anything and treated me as a liar
Ray

Online Can't Replace This Kind Of Expertise ...

Ever bought something online, it arrives and it's not what you expected? Most of us have. Maybe it doesn't quite fit your needs or a detail was left out or the workmanship isn't as good in person as it looked on your glossy computer screen. This occurred to me when I was getting my Stihl Blower serviced and enquiring about a chainsaw the other day at GYC.

While chatting to the sales guy I was reminded that good old fashioned face to face expertise is worth a few extra dollars. The absolute detail of the product I was enquiring about, as well as other brands GYC didn't carry was refreshing. What also struck me was the fact they didn't discredit the products they didn't carry - possibly because they may also sell them as trade-ins, but regardless there was a real respect and knowledge for the equipment.

Another customer, enquiring after a Honda Lawn Mower was also taken through the range in great detail and interestingly enough was recommended the lower price model based on their needs. Again, overhearing their conversation - yes I eavesdroped - the salesmen's understanding of the customers needs and the detail of the range of mowers and their specifications was impressive.

Of course these guys aren't lawyers or CEO's but who wants to talk to a lawyer about a whipper snipper or chainsaw? (Unless your involved in an incident with a CEO and a Chainsaw - and some of us have.) The GYC guys at Castle Hill, where I service my gear, are down to earth blokes who know gardening equipment. What more can you ask for?

Next time you think about buying a specialist item online think twice and checkout a local store - you might be surprised at how similar the prices really are and how good it is to speak to someone who knows what they're on about.
Terrific Service And Excellent Product Knowledge