wayne

wayne

Great friendly customer service

I know there are a lot of bad reviews here about this company, but i can only speak of my experience. I bought a pair of 1kg dumbbells just to try them out and i never had an issue. Ordered on the 30/10/20, they were sent on the 3/11/20, with a tracking number. Arrived on the 5/11/20.
I got a confirmation email, then a thank you for your business email. All good as far as i'm concerned.

Fake Eta’s met with delays

Ordered dumbbells that were supposed to be in stock.. then it got hit with delays upon delays everytime i asked for an eta.. 6 months later i asked for another eta and they said they are still “confirming with supplier”, best part of this transaction was the quick refund lol never buying From these plebs again..

Unprofessional to the extreme

They provided evidence that was deliberately misleading when I offered to provide further information to ConsumerAffairsVictoria they paid a refund.

Robert H.

Robert H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Garbage service

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Arrived quickly and all the products are great!!! will order again

Ordered an olympic barbell (cheapest one they had) & 120kg of the classic style plates to go with it, everything came in 10 days after purchase and quality was surprisingly great! I think they had supply/ logistics issues earlier in the year but now they've got it figured out

Tirth P.

Tirth P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this company

Mark.S

Mark.SGoldcoast

Very happy customer!

I had a great experience with gym direct! Ordered some dumbbells from here on the 7th of aug they are a lot more affordable then some other websites and most gym sites have a delay at the moment, I saw the notice when I was checking out saying they weren’t expected to arrive untill late August and then with shipping times I wasn’t expecting to receive untill september. I’m working with a courier at the moment and there are terrible delays all around aus let alone Victoria. Parcel arrived a week ago!! Very happy it came so first considering the circumstances and the dumbbells were packed well.

gabriel.lattouf

gabriel.lattoufSydney, NSW

Don't fall for the great prices

Most products have arrived, quality is decent, expect long delays.

Robert

RobertHunter Region, NSW

They don't even stock items.

This company doesn't physically hold some (if not all) of their products advertised online. If you're after something within a week/month. This is not the place for you.

I purchased an item through this company knowing delivery was to be expected mid-late august (3 weeks) as stated on their product page. However, sometime after they pushed the expected delivery date by one month without sending a notification. I found this out by sharing the product to a friend only to notice the unexpected delivery amendment.

- Customer service responded to my email in 2 days.
- They are not answering customer phone calls due to COVID. <- Great excuse.

Overall:
You're better off shopping on Ali Express - it will save you time and money.

Reece.C

Reece.CSydney, NSW

Exceptional quality, ignore these covid reviewers!

Avoid This Business!!

Ordered a quite few gym items late March, 'was supposed to be delivered late May & am still waiting for items; it's mid-August now. Customer service is very poor & when they did contact me, they usually made false promises they didn't deliver on. Save your money & AVOID THIS BUSINESS!!

DO NOT SHOP HERE

DO NOT SHOP HERE. I am also a victim of the deceptive practices of this terrible company. I purchased dumbbells as ‘in stock’ and after two months of ever changing delivery dates could no longer believe they were acting in good faith and asked for a refund. This too was the subject of many emails but no action and like other reviews I was forced to go down the path of legal action to have my refund finally processed. To top it off I was charged a restocking fee for goods that weren’t even in their warehouse and couldn’t be shipped.

No Customer Service

Ordered day gyms closed understanding there would be delays. However after 2 weeks I asked for an ETA and was told 1 to 4 weeks. Well months later still nothing, no communication. Eventually I got email saying it was being prepared. Then no response. I tried email multiple times and nothing. Phone lines and web chat are turned off and they won't reply to emails even after weeks. There no information on website giving timeframes or anything.

I had to go through paypal despite and they still wouldn't reply. Escalated to paypal and got a refund, and they had the hide to say for any questons or enquiries to call them...

Avoid like covid.

Mike Robbo

Mike RobboSydney, NSW

Patience required. I knew it would be a waiting game in a pandemic

John K.

John K.Sydney, NSW

The crappiest place to deal with - scammers !!!

Nicole P.Perth, WA

Providing tracking number but no product dispatched???

Poor delivery, poor communication

I received a partial delivery of $1300 worth of equipment that took extremely long to come (3 months). I asked about the rest of the equipment and they have no idea when it will arrive which is terrible. One of the items I ordered, an Olympic nylon collar pair was broken on delivery, and I only received one rather than two. Very disappointing.

Alex B

Alex BSydney, NSW

Extremely long delay and false communication

Do not order from gym direct! I ordered a half rack 4 months ago and still have not received anything. They told me four weeks ago it would be here in two weeks and still nothing. They advertise on their site that they will send the product by a certain date but this is false and they are just trying to cash in on COVID delays.

Sue

SueQueensland

Disgusted

Jason V.asked

Absolutely disgraceful service order made my order on 25 February I have had absolutely no communication with Jim direct even though I have been emailed them was told a week ago that my order had arrived at their warehouse and I’m still waiting for my order Will never buy from them ever ever again

Tony M
Tony M

Shocking service, we should complain to consumer affairs. They don't care and get away with it.

Jason V.

I’m making complaint with department of fair drafting you can do it online

Alec
Alec

Yep I will be reporting it as a scam. I am not convinced I will be receiving my products. They told me 2 weeks ago it was being packed, then 2 days later told me it wouldn't be in Australia for 2 weeks.. how does that work???

Peta Hasked

has anyone got their equipment? I placed my order 23rd March.... have received nothing and no response to any of my emails? Who do i take this up with? Any advice?

Hannah
Hannah

Not me. J also ordered around that date and no response when I ask for a refund

Peta H

its has been 10 days since my last email follow up and have still not received a reply. If i don't hear from them with a date for delivery I will be disputing the transaction with my bank - as goods have not been received.

Mike
Mike

I got 4/5 items on 21/4. Ordered on 26/3. The communication is really frustrating but your items would come eventually (usually 1 day after you get the dispatch notification). You may try messaging them and push to get your order jumping the queue, I've seen it worked for some. Or can get a refund from your bank or PayPal if you can get the stock somewhere else. All the best

Get an answer from our members and Gym Direct representatives