4Haier 631L French Door HTD635 Series

3.0

Bec
BecSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Only lasts for 3 years

Had this fridge less than three years. Have had two technicians have a look at it and both have said it's not economical to repair it. Contacted Haier and was told they aren't responsible for cleaning up other technicians mess and I would have to pay for another service fee for them to see if it's repairable. If it's not repairable they said they would offer a discount on a new one. I am aware the warranty is only two years but you would expect more than three years out of appliance at that cost.

The door inserts also cracked within the first year and the stainless steel is not so stainless. Show details

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Tianli
Tianliperth5 posts
  HTD635AS

Good

I boutht it with my partner and I love my fridge. It is of great price. Heaps of room in both the fridge and freezer. Amazing ice tray. my friends love the wine bottle holder and the metal hinges the shelves sit on. So many compartments for storage. It save energy.

jan
janGoulburn Valley, VIC52 posts
  Verified HTD635AS

Great Fridge

Love how quiet and roomy it is... big deli draw with temp. Control.. 2 good size vegi/fruit draws roomy shelves..deep door shelves... deep draw freezer and shallower one above... built 8n flip ice tray.. moveable insert for separating your frozen meat from vegies.. Fantastic big wide light that lights up whole fridge..

Amy O
Amy OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts

So happy

I love my fridge. Great price. Heaps of room in both the fridge and freezer. Amazing ice tray. I love my wine bottle holder and the metal hinges the shelves sit on. So many compartments for storage.

Only problem is that I have had to tighten the handles a couple of times.

Apart from that I would highly recommend.

Maguire
Maguire
  HTD635WISS

Put your money somewhere else!

This is a cheap and nasty Fridge Freezer!! The design is terrible. We bought online without seeing but are so disappointed. We have had to replace the door seal 3 times and things just seem to crack and break very easily!! We've only had it a short while but I am replacing it!! It's terrible!!

ace
acePerth, WA23 posts
  Verified HTD635WISS

Very poor quality

Stay well away came with wrong handles (too long), Crack in tray, dirt/oil in the water holder in the back and the door flapper in the middle would not fold. I was not expecting much but this is just very poor quality. It even makes a loud noise when something inside turns on. Appliances Online were very good this review is not a reflection on them as they had a new fridge from another company delivered within 48hrs.

Jackie
JackieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA21 posts
  Verified HTD635WISS

Disappointed

I loved the look of this (I purchased on a lay-by site) but was very disappointed at how big it was but how little room there actually is. My much smaller fridge held so much more and I really dislike the freezer where everything is on top of each other. The glass shelves are horrible to clean as stuff goes underneath so you have to take everything out and then the shelf.

The water dispenser doesn't hold much cold water and the doors have to be manually pushed closed - rather than them self closing which my last fridge did. If you forget to push them you of course hear the beeping sound that the door is still open! Temperature seems to be ok and it is fairly quiet.

Susie Q
Susie QNoraville8 posts

Great choice of fridge

This fridge Haier was purchased in May for a kitchen renovation. The fridge was purchased from online appliances the story is great from the beginning, bought the fridge it was delivered the next day and the service included taking old appliances away and has a good warranty period. My Haier fridge is the best fridge I've owned the temperature display on the front lets me know that everything is being kept at the right temp. This fridge runs very quietly and having the fridge part on top it's exceptionally easy to clean. Plenty of room inside for a lot of stuff it is the first freezer drawer fridge we've had and is working out very well have not even plugged in spare freezer since we purchased our new fridge.

Susan Wootton

Isabelle
IsabelleGold coast7 posts

Good looking appliance

We upgraded to this fridge because we had a baby on the way and we needed extra space. To be honest I am not such a fan of French doors. Our previous fridge was a standard top freezer, bottom fridge and although it was smaller it seemed to have as much space inside as our new bigger one. It is also a bit annoying to have to push all the way for the door(s) to close, but it could be unrelated to the brand and more with the fact that this is a french door fridge.

Plus side, it looks fancy and it's practical to be able to get some cool(ish) water from the spout on the door, it's easy enough to clean. It is not noisy. We haven't had any issues so far but it is still fairly new.

Kat H
Kat H2 posts

Perfect fridge

Quiet fridge great size for a house of 4, only downside is that the ice tray that comes with the fridge isnt very practical, takes up too much freezer space and is difficult to get the ice out of it anyhow so i just removed it. Temperature-wise its had no issues for the past 4 months or so ive had it.

iamagirl69
iamagirl69South Australia125 posts
Cruzer
CruzerNsw

Perfect fridge

This is an awesome fridge to fit in small spaces. It looks great from the outside , especially with its digital thermostat display. It's quiet and easy to clean. Don't be fooled by it's small interior look. It fits heaps. I cook a lot and the storage space is amazing!