HBF Health Insurance

Grant Lilleyman
Grant Lilleyman

CarolinePerth

Crap customer service

Rang today to talk about deferring a scheduled payment as I have done this before with no problem. Explained to Bronwyn what was done before and she said Oh No I can't do that as I am only part time. Boohoo, how about offering to get someone who is fulltime to call me and arrange a payment. She was not interested in helping and will now definitely be looking at swapping funds

Caroline

If I could rate HBF a minus zero I would!

VassPerth, WA

Payment

HBF told me they will not accept cash as payment anymore I have paid my insurance cover with cash since 1981 now they refuse to accept it reading online seems you can only pay by direct debit which does not suit me or by credit card which I don't believe in they don't say. You can pay with EFTPOS after 38 yrs they treat you like your a nobody new fatcat in charge needs to line his pockets.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Vass

I don't have a cheque account your answer about staff is a load of crap it's about reducing staff at the HBF branch's why don't HBF have EFTPOS in the branch's ?

Carolyn

CarolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False and misleading policy cover

Required a breast reduction costing $9K (including anaesthetic). Policy shows that breast surgery is covered. Badly needed as always at chiropractor and physio which I'm sure HBF could see I was attending. Had the surgery and got a measly $364 rebate from 7K. Absolutely atrocious. My monthly premium for more than that. Why say you are covered when clearly you are not. Young man on phone was quite rude when I queried this. Definitely looking for new private health cover... bye bye

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Long Term Customer with 6 polices

Yann

YannSydney, NSW

Useless

HBF did not refund my claims on my Bank account as they used to do.
The cash got transfered on another bank account and now I need to deal with it.
Useless service and useless company

Would Book AgainNo

HBF Think about it very carefully.

We had been with HBF for over 20 years. I needed a prostatectomy because of aggressive cancer. The latest technology was to have the surgery using the Da Vinci method. In its wisdom HBF decided they don't cover for such technology and I was forced to pay the $7000 myself. They would not contribute one dollar.
A disgusting immoral company to say the least. You are warned!!

SAW0

SAW0Perth, WA

Terrible Customer Service

Experience with HBF customer service was terrible. Not only was on hold on multiple occasions (phone call took 42 mins) I was unable to receive the information I required. Originally told that the information will be provided within 13 days of submitting the enquiry, upon follow up I was told they cannot provide now. Had I not rang back, I would still be waiting without any notification from HBF. I've held my policy with HBF for over 10 years virtually without a claim and they cannot simply provide customer service when required!

Rachelle C.

Rachelle C.Perth, WA

Warning: Worst Health Fund

After my direct debit was declined HBF sent emails to my old work address and because there was no reply they cancelled my health fund without telling me. When I asked why they didn't ring me they simply replied they didn't think of it because they'd emailed me. What if i needed urgent hospital cover or something serious?? I can not believe my "trusted health fund" who I put my health in the hands of, didn't think to call me on the phone to let me know they could no longer debit my account? They couldn't even explain why as there was funds in there. Absolute joke. Worst customer service and zero common sense. Happy to be moving to another health fund who i can trust with something as serious as my health.

Hi Rachelle,
I noticed we have already answered your post on another channel. If it isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, please call us on 133 423 or contact us on your preferred channel of communication.
-Lachy

LeahJ

LeahJSydney, NSW

Do not recommend, will be switching health funds

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019

Darren

DarrenSydney, NSW

ABSOLUTE SCUMS

Been with HBF for years and have never made a claim. You ask one tiny favour or a show of good faith and it's not even considered. WARNING DO NOT GO AHEAD WITH HBF!

Patricia

Patriciaperth

Terrible customer service and incorrect set up of policy

roberiquez

HBF health insurance did not honour their policy with us

They paid doctors to write reports contrary to the findings and diagnosis from our surgeon and GP.
The in-house HBF doctor never met with us.
The in-house HBF doctor is hidden behind the scenes (no names or qualifications are disclosed)
Its cheaper for HBF to re-write the facts than to pay out.

Policy not worth the paper it is written on.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
HBF gave me anxiety.

HBF gave me anxiety.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had, PERIOD.

Took more than 50+ phone calls, multiple times a day, everyday (excluding weekends) and over the course of 3 months to get 1 simple quote for surgery under medical circumstances. Had to take almost 2 months off work & they just keep lying about the fact why they’re not allowed to give you a quote? I’ve never been so frustrated in my life and at one point started crying over how frustrating this company was. I felt like they were playing a sick joke on me and I’ve never been so disappointed with an organisation like this before. I would never recommend. Even evil people probably still don’t deserve this. This is just a horrible place.

dogitia

dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2014
Claim ApprovedYes

Aijin

AijinPerth, WA

Disgusted,No sympathy.

etk

etkPerth, WA

Gapsaver not what its cracked to be if you leave

Sandra Pease

Sandra PeasePerth, WA

Terrible service

Making a phone call at 6.45am this morning has led to more frustration after dealing with a staff member. This lady who I have the name of, simply did not want to help me in anyway. I was asking questions and she was condescending and non caring. It costs nothing to give the customer the information they need to know. I will have to call back again with the hope that I can get the information that I need with some consideration given to me.

HBF T.HBF

Misleading, uncaring, staff who don't do their job

Steveasked

Can I get stomach surgery for weight loss on hospital cover Im now 60 years old

HBF T.HBF

Hi Steve, thanks for your message.

We do provide a benefit for surgical weight loss procedures on our Gold Hospital.

If you would like to know more about our Gold Hospital you can give us a call on 133 423, send us an email or chat with us at hbf.com.au

Best regards
Sam
The HBF Team
SocialMCC@hbf.com.au

Peter

Peterasked

Been with HBF 27 years approximately and other than glasses/ dental never had to claim hospital cover ect
My question is at present I need to see a specialist and the outcome may be I need surgery
This is not voluntary by me it’s a necessary fact (we have heathy savers twin pk )
We now find out you have to tee up a HBF specialist and not sure what the next thing will be
To potentially do surgery and what is covered and what is not
Our doctor asked if we have health insurance and he gave us a name
Not on list so hence the question where do you get a list of specialists and hospitals that make it a easier way forward

HBF T.HBF

Hi Peter, thanks for reaching out to us!

We have a list of some member plus providers available on our website; https://www.hbf.com.au/health-insurance/find-a-provider

This is not a complete list as some providers have chosen not to be recorded online.

If you are looking for a specialist or you have a procedure planned we recommend speaking with us directly.
You can:
-Contact us on 133 423 between 6am – 6pm AWST Monday to Friday or 7am - 4pm AWST Saturdays.
-Chat with us at hbf.com.au. Chat is available Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm AWST.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards
Sam
The HBF Team
SocialMCC@hbf.com.au

Darron64

Darron64asked

Is this an insurer that only covers people in WA? I'm in Melbourne.

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance