HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (8)
    • 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (12)

CEO and staff wont reply to emails

Over the past 3 weeks, I have emailed the CEO a Branch Manager and Members Advocacy Team and Relations Team.
None of them have had the courtesy to reply to my emails. They have run for the hills, and don't want you to find out the real truth.
Staff are only as good as the person at the top, so if he doesn't reply to emails, they think its good enough that they don't reply.
Lets hope the next CEO changes that culture and reminds the staff, that its the members premiums that give them a job and pay their wages.

MMalty
MMaltyOcean reef

Crooks

They gave me incorrect information. This information resulted in me incurring a loading liability to my insurance for ten years (around $25 per month for ten years).

I complained to the Private Health Insurance Ombudsmandman, who issued a final decision in my favour; when I approached them to perform as per the Ombudsman's decision, they refused!

This incident also highlights Australia's highly corrupt financial industry that lacks government oversight.

DavePerth, WA

Most useless health insurance I ever had

HBF cannot be contacted by phone as their workers are always busy. The email enquiries to them take nearly a week to get back or often they do not reply at all.
There is nothing available on their web site to cancel your insurance, so they would keep sucking money out of you for ever.
Their yearly premiums keep increasing every year (for ambulance only) insurance, and I got out of their clutches by cancelling my credit card, and joining another health insurance which had yearly premium about 60 % of that from HBF.
I also checked the employee reviews for HBF and a LOT of them wrote that working for HBF was really bad !!!

Dave

I am not interested in any useless excuses anymore. Your customer service is _USELESS_ and I have not been able to get thru in over 2 dozen attempts. GET TO PHONE ME BACK ASAP !!!

Krasimir V.
Krasimir V.Pilbara, WA

I only signed up because it was cheap but when I needed help they were useless and beyond .I can not recommend !

They denied our claim because it was preexistent condition only days before being a full year . Told us directly that we shouldn't have lowered the premium even our policy was covered for that condition. Made the claim process extra difficult by asking for additional information at the last minute when we are dealing with bookings and flights . They only care of making profits not helping !

libra
libraPerth, WA

Hbf health insurance

HBF a private not for profit company…CEO has instructed his staff not to give his contact details…board of management displayed on the internet …no contact details for any of them…paid from members funds…almost like “get smart” operate under a cone of silence…so much for logo “we care for you”
Who do you report to if you are getting contradictory information from staff or for that matter from the CEO.but if you don’t pay your premiums watch out!

Claim Made Yes
HBF T.HBFSend a private message

Ran away from hbf when you are young, choose some other provider because you cant afford to do it later in life.

fishing4scotch
fishing4scotch

From your response i can see you are still not listening

John N.Perth, WA

disastrous

Day 15 and still waiting for a refund despite my appeals by email [as not able to ring or visit a branch], Borrowing money for necessities is demeaning but this company has no compassion .

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Disappointed customer

Kathy
KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic

Would NOT recommend. Changed my partner’s health insurance to HBF recently…big mistake! From the very first claim (dental), they’ve been nothing but utterly confusing and very stressful. Instead of sending the refund directly to into his account like other funds simply do, they sent it to the dentist. ??? It took numerous phone calls for them to discover this. Then there was major issues and confusion regarding his direct debit for monthly payments. Without getting into detail, every time he’d call to sort these out, nobody was able to give him definitive answers as to what was going on! Only been with HBF for 2 months, will be changing to AHM. HBF have been too stressful and unprofessional.

Ash88Perth, WA

Increase, increase, increase

Been a member for over 20 years, was Gold Fields Medical- which was GREAT. But since HBF took over, keep cutting my inclusions, but hiking the price.When will you STOP!!

Marcus L.
Marcus L.

HBF do not pay out claims!!

In addition to my previous review whereby operation consumables were not covered, HBF have now declined pharmaceuticals and also my doctor. I am now out of pocket $8k and not a cent being paid by HBF. Go elsewhere. Forget premium costs, because when you go to claim, I got nothing! All other major funds cover what HBF have declined!!

Brooke H.
Brooke H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst experience. Designed not to pay

We are in emergency waiting for surgery for our daughter appendicitis and HBF can’t confirm if we’re covered as they will take 5 days to confirm. This makes no sense and clearly designed not to pay. I’m in emergency and can’t wait 5 days

That Guy
That GuyPerth, WA

Nope.

HBF don’t know their back end from their elbow. Have called 6 times today and each time have been told something different, ending with the last person telling me my policies have all been cancelled since 2020... yet I can see clearly on my banking app i’ve made regular payments up until last week. I’m glad they are discontinuing general insurance because they are horrible at it.

Yes this was a review you reported so it went into review status. I reposted it.

Indy
IndyPerth

Gap saver that you have to pay for

Recently had an operation and had a hospital gap payment of $250 to pay. With my policy I have the gap saver option with a $350 balance. When in hospital I was told I had to pay the $250 then I would get it back.
Rang HBF and was told it will take up to 10 weeks. How ridiculous.There is absolutely no point of having the gap saver so if they have sold it to you then get it stopped. That money would be better off in my bank account ready for when i needed it.

Great staff

I’m reading some of these reviews and it was far from my experience. In the last six months I’ve needed 2 major elbow surgeries and a minor surgery. I’ve phoned HBF with the information on the hospital and procedure etc and there wasn’t a single issue.
Customer service couldn’t have been any more helpful or friendly.
I got the distinct impression from the Doctors and hospital that HBF was their preferred choice too.
So all went extremely easy.
One criticism would be their app and finding the digital card..

Helen C.

Thank you very much for your help but I finally figured it …all great.

HBF T.HBFSend a private message

We are so glad to hear Helen! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything more we can assist with. - Shazrin