Verifiedhbf.com.au

2.9
3.0

LorraiMacca
LorraiMaccaWestern Australia2 posts

Repeating and requesting same thing for third time

I have written this review this the last cell of the review before more questions were asked. Pls read my first response to first round of questions Show details
Harrison J.
Harrison J.

Painful Experience

Level of communication and help in regard to getting a quote is an incredibly painful process.
It's as if they're determined not to help. Show details
Sarah M
Sarah MPerth, WA10 posts

Secret lists that no one can access, poor customer service and expensive junk policies

Rude and unresponsive Customer Service who flaunt TATs on replies and will find any and all reasons to decline a claim.

Have raise a complaint re a declined pharmacy claim and will likely be taking to the Ombudsman and cancelling my policy. Not the first time they’ve disappointed me but it will be the last. No loyalty or understanding even when I’ve been with them since birth. Show details

Whare
WharePerth, WA3 posts

Welcoming approach to Customer Services

Couldn't be convinced further that what I have is more than meets my expectations. Show details ·  1
Lisa C.
Lisa C.Perth, WA

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Amazing, great people, great company. Thank you HBF

Great people at Hbf, every single team member I have ever spoken to have been patient, knowledgeable, professional, and friendly at the same time. Not the cheapest but definitely not expensive, well worth the money and I highly recommend this company. Show details ·  1
Elisa D.
Elisa D.

A little bit miffed

If it wasn’t for not being able to get money out of our gap saver without loosing it all (when signing up for it originally we were told we could take the funds out anytime we needed) we wouldn’t be with them.
To now find out that the medications I have been prescribed are no longer being covered under pharmacy and the lack of alternative therapies being covered is disappointing. Don’t get me started on dental.
Paying a lot for top cover for decades and it feels like it just means nothing.
Positives, ambulance cover has helped us a lot as well as help with hospital stays for our son. Show details
Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

I wouldn't go anywhere else

Nothing is perfect but HBF Health Insurance make a damn good attempt at it. Their claims and customer service teams are very responsive and I get fast turn arounds on all my requests. I thought I had a good health insurer before but HBF are a higher level of provider again. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Show details ·  1
JAN MAGLIONE
JAN MAGLIONEPerth, WA2 posts

Excellent service

I have been a member of HBF since 1969.
Yesterday I had a slight problem which was solved by Jessica in an amicable manner. She was polite and sensitive.

Thanks to Jessica and the HBF staff. Show details ·  2

Ronel R.
Ronel R.Western Australia

Friendly staff, great service

Been with HBF for a couple of months. Had to change my cover. I sent a web based query, got a response with a couple of new quotes after 3 business days, where after I phoned in to make the change to one of the new quotes. Very helpful staff that listens to your query and assists without trying to oversell, but rather find cover that suits your budget and needs. Very happy with HBF thus far. Show details ·  1
Graham L.
Graham L.3 posts

Highly recommended

Excellent service, easy to contact and speedy response. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Jeanette S
Jeanette SPerth, WA

Doctors account covered for up and coming procedure

Cover for up coming procedure. I have been with HBF for 57 years. Show details ·  1
John
JohnPerth, WA7 posts

Super service

Made two calls to HBF, and on both occasions wait time was a lot less than expected which was a pleasant surprise. Sharon and Dianne at the call centre were both extremely helpful, explaining in detail the various plans available, and offering suggestions as to the best cover for us. Very easy to understand and obviously knew what they were talking about - should be more people like them in customer service.
Overall both instances were extremely satisfying. Show details ·  1
Mei
Mei

HBF is my first choice

Customer service is excellent and provide detailed information. You will know how to handle some follow-up matters. Show details ·  1
Khia A.
Khia A.South East Queensland, QLD

A great experience

I cannot speak on the claims management or process as such, as I'm yet to make my first claim, however, from a customer service perspective, hbf cannot be faulted! They take the time to really understand you and your situation and needs, there is no rush to get off the phone and they're always very friendly and personable. You don't feel like just a number. I appreciate this experience in a world that prefers the bottom dollar, over genuine care. Thank you hbf. Glad I made the switch :) Show details ·  1

Jazzy
Jazzy

Hello, I have GapSaver attached to my cover. Who actually 'contributes' to this GapSaver balance? or does it come out from the (higher?) premium that I pay fortnightly?

Also HBF has paid my entire invoice using my GapSaver (even though the invoice has already been paid at the doctor's and I submitted the claim online for other non-consult items in the invoice). Will this be refunded to me? Thanks.

Gabby F.
Gabby F.

How does one prove that their condition is not pre existing.. People are not always able to attend the same practioner or practise over the years due to moving house.. Colonoscopy is needed in extreme pain but am 15 weeks away from 1year being covered. It is 100% not pre existing

Michael
Michael

My understanding is that the burden of proof lies with the insurer. They will need to produce evidence that the signs and symptoms existed before you joined.

sharen
sharen

I want to use my gap saver to pay for my dentist is that possible

See all HBF Health Insurance questions