HBF Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (8)

Roy

Roy

Mistake believing what told when changing funds

Was a financial member of a medical fund since 1969 went to make a claim was refused said I needed proof of every fund I have been a member was assured when joining they would do transfer from my previous fund had to pay my account

Systematic nightmare

I had to call HBF 12 times to see if my pre-existing form was approved. Apparently the customer service team and the pre-existing team don't have access to each other's information as their systems don't allow them to read emails or forms that were sent through or processed by the other department. Interdepartmental communication, IT systems and communication logging systems need serious addressing for HBF to be a functioning organisation. Senior management refuse to take on feedback and to address the holes in their systems, making it a nightmare for both members and for their staff. Whoever is on their social media team, please forward this complaint to senior management, as they need to seriously fix these issues.

lee

leePerth

Free Flu shot not for all eligible regional members!!

Sally CMelbourne

Joined March 31st and hit with the premium hike

Joined on March 31st before the premium hike after all these ads saying to join now before you're hit with the hike on April 1st. I made a credit card payment on March 31st and was still hit with the hike. I should not have to pay for the premium hike when you can't reconcile the time I joined and when payment is received on your end. There should have been a disclaimer saying that I would be hit with the price hike but there wasn't. I was on the phone for a whole hour to be told that I couldn't escalate the issue cause I signed up online and there wasn't anyone to tell me the disclaimer. Really? No refund offered with the discrepancy!!

Sally C

I have now been charged $896.61 and refunded $847.85 for the cancellation. I have cancelled within the cooling off period. Why have I been refunded less than what I was charged now???????????

Jessica

JessicaPerth, WA

Clients are not your top priority.

Due to my personal circumstances that HBF was made aware of 4 years ago.
I have handled claims for many others and the insurance companies sometimes in unique circumstances where willing to sit down and offer some help. Keeping a loyal customer was important. Not so with HBF

Highasakite

Highasakite

Scam! Beware!

I recently switched from Bupa to HBF and I regret it soooooo much. They made a mistake and now I’m trying to contact them to ask a question. So far, I have sent 3 emails and called them several times. No response. The website says their call centre is open from 5am to 7pm. Called at 5am, no response, middle of the day, no response, after 5pm, no response. Is this a scam? I think so. I more than likely need to get my bank to stop the payment.

EllenPerth, WA

Would not recommend!

Very disappointed with HBF, switching process has been time consuming and it has taken a very long time to have our previous clearance certificate applied to our policy. Membership cards took weeks to arrive. Also takes weeks for emails to be responded too and hold times on the phone are very lengthy. Poor customer service, email replies are rushed and riddled with typos!

HBF are also running a promotion for 6 weeks free and refused to apply this to our policy, despite joining only a couple of weeks before the incentive was advertised. No flexibility or understanding, will be looking at other funds.

Ellen

Hello Chloe - thanks for your reply. We are now in the process of switching to another fund,

Be aware of HBF

Be careful with HBF who claims to care about their customers, my policy was changed from having an excess of $200 to $750. They claim helping members is their number priority, it’s far from the truth. I’ve been a member for over 15 years, something has changed and has changed for the worse. False advertising from my recent experience.
Their attitude was very dismissive, no empathy, no negotiation, no care whatsoever.

J Ma
J Ma
Rogan

RoganWestern Australia

Run around in circles to approve a claim, run around in circles to receive reimbursement

Ottilia V

Ottilia VPerth, WA

Very disappointed

I am a HBF member for more than 20 years,thinking of swaping and i decided to read reviews for both health insurers. I didn't realised how many bad reviews HBF has. I think this helped me make up my mind. I'm changing... same cover for less money..I'm going,Sorry HBF

TAndo

TAndoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total waste of time

Dave

DavePerth, WA

HBF keeps taking your money ..despite stopping direct Debit???

Russ

RussSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting Ad using our Australian animals

Disgusting Commercial not funny at all, my children didn’t need to see this from our Australian animals. Please remove your commercial I will never deal with your disgusting company again

alvie.huit

alvie.huitPerth, WA

With HBF for over 30 years.

I was covered by my parents policy as a child when health insurance was more of a luxury than the necessity it is these days. As a uni student I switched to my own policy after I realised the true value and relief of cover after HBF covered my emergency surgery.

My policy ceased for several years whilst living in Syd and now that I am back in Perth I've returned to HBF for the last 7 years.

I love HBF. The customer service is excellent whether in store or on the phone.you've got flexibility to amend your policy to suit your needs - you just need to ask about your options. The website and app are excellent.

I am so pleased with them that I will never leave them - unless I move overseas.

KierenPerth

They do not have any concern for fdv and engage in promoting it

HBF changed my car insurance out of my name given that they knew we were seperate and it was acrimonious.
They took it on his work
Plus they also canceled my health insurance on cause he asked.
They have no idea or care for fdv
Avoid at all cost

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Kieren

Actually you have removed me from two policies without informing me.
Someone said they were looking into it and never called me back

HBF T.HBF

Hi Kieren, so we can look into this further, please send an email to memberservices@hbf.com.au, and we will be happy to help clarify this situation.

StevePerth

Inflexible policy

I’ve been a member of HBF for 64 years with top hospital and extras cover. Recently, on the recommendation of a family member, I decided to try going to an Osteopath for treatment on my back to find this service was not covered by my health insurance. When I contacted HBF I was told I would need to change my level of cover to include Osteo as it could not be added to my existing cover and then I would have a two month wait to claim. Very disappointed in HBF and their lack of compassion and flexibility time to look elsewhere for health insurance.

Claim MadeYes

billv53

Beware of the once a year excess

Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mislead

Like many of the reviews here I too felt mislead, I agreed to an upsale on a policy as it was implied I would get better value for money. Turns out this wasn't the case. Just glad I never had to claim anything from them as I can only imagine what type of nightmare that would be.

RezaSydney, NSW

USELESS

Throw your money in a monthly basis and they put you down for the most obvious items that must be covered by a health insurance. The customer service agents have conflicting ideas and they are not on the same page about things when you call them.

Reza

I have already wasted a lot of time on the phone with your incompetent team members with no favourable support and now on the market to change my insurance provider. Enough of investigation for minimum support you could expect

Legal loophole of tricking people and stealing their money

I am a very healthy individual. Got myself a bronze plus cover, the list on their website includes "Dental". However, at the time of claiming I was advised that my cover doesn't include dental. The only logical explanation to this is that they exist only to rip people (in need of help) off!