HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JUNK FUND, RING THEM AND THEY SAY COVERED ONLY TO DECLINE COVER WHEN YOU GO IN. MOST TRUSTED ? DONT THINK SO

advised smiledirect and item 825 covered by phone to HCF on 09/10. Purchased item 825 and went to claim 04/12 to be told not covered ?????? Shown internal memo from 13/09/2019 which advised no further cover for smiledirect ???? Paid $7500 in advance for 18 months of cover. If you change cover you should let people know. What a rip off. Note PDS advised Orthodontics covered for correction of teeth and jaws by orthodontist or dentist. Tick and Smiledirect you visit onsite and have scans and moulds done which are then checked by registered Aust Orthodontist or dentist. Tick. YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Under 30No
Claim DateDecember 2019

Junk Fund! Pick another provider

Under 30Yes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
MHK
MHK

You can see my member number above, you're a disgusting fund who have no right to deal in the way you do

Michael Barter

Michael BarterCentral West, NSW

Very upset with how my family was treated by HCF

Under 30No
Expert

ExpertSydney, NSW

Terrible Regional Manager with no concept of customer service

Walked into a branch and was treated with an attitude before hello. Not a friendly smile or even a firm handshake.
This is from the top Regional Manager? Clearly setting an example template for other employees to follow. Stay away from HCF there are simply other companies who care to have your business.

Joy C.

Joy C.Western Australia

Disgusting -- using your credit information to open multiple accounts

Coverage TypeSingle

sisco

siscoTasmania, Australia

No help with this crew!

Asked to put my policy on hold for 2 years due to financial reasons, l was told " we don't do that", well in their online info, they say they do that! I was transferred to a person whose job, l suppose, was to encourage me to stay insured, l was hardly unable to understand a word she said due to a bad foreign accent. She also said l could not place my policy on hold. The wording on the internet says each case is assessed on a case by case basis, but no mention of this was made. I would think because of the exodus of people from health funds hcf would at least assess my request, not this woman. When l rejoin a health fund in 2 years it will NOT be with this tin pot outfit.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

gnmaier

gnmaier

Exceptional Customer Service

It was easy to sign up. Their website is great. Their premiums were significantly better than my previous long-standing provider. And their phone support service was exceptional. Very highly recommended

CajetanSydney

Waiting for claim settlement

I had taken HCF cover for parents visiting to Australia. I had bad experience in claim settlement. A simple claim like GP visit takes forever to be settled and that too not without multiple emails and multiple calls. Sometime, the call gets disconnected when to select the right option.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Cajetan

Update:

As per the response, I did send the email but no response since I sent for last 5 days. Do not understand how they can be so ignorant.

Marina J.

Marina J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Haven't been able to resolve technical system faults for close to two months

We only chose HCF because of their Thank You rewards program as we frequently buy Gold Class Movie tickets. For quite some time their rewards program was down and once it was back up we couldn't log into our account. We have spent hours on the phone with several customer service representatives troubleshooting this known issue which appears to be affecting many members and they have all asked us to repeat the same steps over and over and keep escalating it to the tech support team yet no solution has been found and they can't provide any workaround. Looking for alternative providers now as the service is very disappointing.

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great experience, no problems at all

Shifted over from Bupa a year ago and have been very happy with the switch. My gaps are far less than they were when I was with Bupa and I get to pick where I go without paying for it.

Scammers

I have got OVHC from hcf according their policies they cover all your cost towards GP that in their hcf network but when you claim that cost they advice they can't cover that cost. I have made complaint to ACCC what they offer online but not delivering accordingly. I just scamed by hcf now i have to pay most of the cost from my pocket. Don't ever use HCF they are scammers.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Don't join visa 600 as they wont provide certificate of insurance

i just signed up for the hcfvisitorhealthcover and called them up for the certificate of insurance and did not get one because they dont provide .. and when i asked for refund they rejected my claim and stole my $74... and it's just the next day i called... it seems a fake insurance policy... would never recommend anyone joining them...

Jin B
Jin B

I have send to the email provided... i would appreciate if you can help me out ....

Hiwa

HiwaSydney, NSW

They paid $9 out of $2400 in an emergency

My mother-in-law had an overseas visitor cover with HCF. She was taken to the closest hospital by ambulance and had no chance, as she was half-conscious, to choose her hospital.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019

Shanelle Lawrence

Shanelle LawrenceSydney, NSW

HCF Health Insurance Change

I have recently switch from my previous insurance company to HCF and they have been very diligent and helpful throughout the whole process.
I am not getting more value for my money and am very glad I made the switch!

Coverage TypeSingle
Charlotte M.

Charlotte M.South East Queensland, QLD

Don’t join the overseas cover! They’re not set up for it!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Very happy I changed to HCF

Firstly I need to praise Natalie in the sales team for a very comprehensive run-down of health covers on offer, and guiding me to choose the best fit for the lowest price (I did a lot of research), without being pushy. We have been with HCF for four months now and in that time had a dental check and clean and did not pay a cent, very happy!

Julie Janssen

Julie JanssenSydney, NSW

The worst health fund for dentistry

Worst health fund for dentistry. In an emergency like an abscess you wait for hours/days because they are short of dentists. We walked out of HCF dentists with bleeding mouths.

Not Happy Jan!

I was a member for five years paying 194 a month. Never made a single claim. Then i went thru a difficult financial period and called them to cancel. The lady who spoke to me said she wd put my policy on hold for 3 months and if at the end of that my finances were better she wd put me back on. At the end of 3 months however, with no consultation with me, i noticed another premium had been taken out. I informed them of it and more than a month later still trying to get that 194 dollars reimbursed! All this after i have paid them in excess of 11,600 dollars for nothing in return. I am just spending money on phone calls to HCF and paying overdrawn fees to the bank! NEVER AGAIN WITH HCF!

Rain

After I complained again, HCF paid me back 194 dollars.

Unwilling to accept proof..

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

Craig

CraigHunter Region, NSW

Excellent to deal with questions answered without fuss or confusion we have been with HCF for over 20yrs and have never needed to look elsewhere for our health cover impressed with the service

Claim DateJune 2017