HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HCF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (40)
    • 1-2 weeks (15)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (11)
    • 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (50) · No (44)

Reza Blazevic
Reza BlazevicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer services for loyal customers

HCF doesn’t seem to care for loyal long term customers they’ll take my 7% discount & health dollars, charge more to add something under hospital cover & apply 12 month wait period (I don’t mind 6month but don’t see why I need 12month) & then change my policy so I’d loose some services I have now gee thanks HCF health insurance Australia…….Guess you don’t care about my health after all according to your mission statement & don’t want to help me get the most from my health fund after 16yrs with hardly any claims!

Joanna Kingston
Joanna KingstonFar North Queensland, QLD

Refuses to send transfer certificate

I served all my waiting periods with this insurer but as they were too expensive, and refused to rebate most of my extras claims, I decided to switch. I'm pregnant and my new insurer needs my transfer certificate to verify I have served my obstetric waiting period. They refuse. They have said they will do it, but I still haven't received it. This has been going on for two months now, so I will now be going to the ombudsman and hopefully they will be being fined because right now, I have no medical care for my pregnancy. I will never, ever use these monsters again.

Claim Made Yes
Roshan
RoshanCraigieburn

Kept billing my card even after policy end date! Dodgy business!

bought an overseas visitor cover for parents, but even after they left, they kept billing my card for months while i have clearly stated the end date of policy!!! Now they tell me to fill in forms and submit because i am not authorised to cancel so cannot cancel but continue billing me. Very dodgy company! Avoid!

S t.
S t.

Top extras not that top

HCF had voucher to spent on diet say Jenny Craig now they only support assessment but I would like to buy food not assessment.
I know what I need.
I want my extras to spent on healthy food not on healthy advise which I already know .
I have $200 on top extras to spend. and I would like to claim on healthy food. Otherwise insurance is useless

KamfaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So messy with their system, no one really cares even you sent complaints

HCF
HCF T.HCFSend a private message

Thank you for your review, we’re sorry to hear about the experience you have had. If you can email us your details to complaints@hcf.com.au we can look into this for you. Many thanks Anna @ HCF

HCF: Open arms welcome before joining AND Doors shown when it comes to claiming

Josh
JoshSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unprofessional, inconsistent, untrustworthy...

Intenionally Dishonest, intentionally unorganised = corrupt. Continue to charge direct debit monthly, but claim it only provides coverage of 7days per calendar month. So when we finally goto claim a measley dental check up for our kids, we can't use our coverage because the upcoming direct debit is not yet due. Sorry nothing we can do to help...huh are you stupid? Clearly your system has an error, off shore call centre or not. Why can you not understand that a monthly direct debit should cover us for a month, not 8 days.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

TERRIBLE Insurance

We bought a health service policy. We set direct debit 5 days after policy start date. On the following month, we lodged a claim, then get declined. They said the claim is few days before direct debit date. Then they just dont want to pay for the claim. If I want to get claim, I need to pay them first. I am very upset with this insurance. I canceled my policy straight away

How terrible is insurance !!! Not reccommended

Sajj
SajjGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scam company they will play with you spatially if you are on visitors visa. Big no to this insurance company

Michael Duggan
Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service, terrible dental practie

Claims are paid quickly so all good there. Very slow to pick up the phone when calling them to change payment details, 15 minutes and counting...and their dental practice on Collins street, not worth the time. Fillings fell out twice!!!

kamal d.
kamal d.Victoria

Dont Buy Very Not Good

Totally waste time I buy after cancel not refund very bad service I had very bad experience. Says send email again and again
Totally waste time

ITEM NOT PROCESSED AFTER 1 MONTH. SERVICE IS INCONSISTENT AND STRESSFUL

Matt R
Matt RAU

Value for money, and decent coverage. Everything else shocking!

Alex
Alex

Government failure on display - we cover you, but we can't tell you where to get cover

Informed that HCF provides health cover for massage therapy and psychology.
But, HCF will not send you a list of providers that provide this service. Why? "We cannot email you"
How you can offer a service and charge customers for the service, if you refuse to inform customers where the service can be redeemed? Seems like fraud.

Mike
MikeForrest 2603, ACT

Better Off Burning Your Money

No value for money whatsoever.
Constantly increasing premiums.
On the very rare times that you may need to make a claim - such as a dental check up once per year, they won't cover the full amount anyway.
Paid ~$300 per month for 5 years. Claimed only dental check ups once per year. Still well out of pocket.
They intentionally make the Extras policy convoluted so you are never sure if you will breach a cap.
When you call to discuss options for alternate coverage, they are condescending and rude.
I suggest setting fire you to your money instead of giving it to HCF.