HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance

Disappointed

DisappointedPerth, WA

shifts funding Responsibilities to Medicare where possible

Doesn’t cover psychology unless You have exhausted 10 sessions on a Medicare mental health plan. when you have private health cover for psychology you expect to be able to use your private cover without obtaining a doctor referral or using public funding
Also didn’t cover surgeons full cost for surgery

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

EdwardLogan City

Not worth One Star

Poor service does not describe, just how bad HCF is. I transferred from Medibank Private because of poor phone service, and a dud App, HCF is worse. Long wait s to speak to someone ( apparently in an Asian Call Centre) numerous phone disconnects. I went to make a claim, it was denied, as Medibank had not released my details to HCF, HCF hadn't bothered to anything about it, when I joined the fund, until I complained that my claim had been denied. Over all, a frustrating ,time consuming experience.
HCF App didn't work, until the 6th attempt
To make matters worse, my bank account details, were sent to me via email, for any hacker to see.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Edward

READ the One Star Review, it's self explanatory.

Alessandro

AlessandroMillswood

Making payments more complicated for members, Our way or the highway!!

I have been with HCF for about 6 years or more. I have always paid by internet banking. I have total control of my money. They are now suggesting 3 options, direct debit ( which is controlled by them ) phone every month to pay ( going back 15 years! ) or going into an office to pay ( great for time management) They have taken away the easier option of Bpay. These rules are for Life Insurance policy & Critical Illness Cover. I have hospital, extras & Critical Illness Cover & pay altogether. It's totally ridiculous, it's so simple now & they want to complicate it. Their letter states crap like " we save you time & hassle. Total crap!! Not happy at all. I will look at another provider.

beauty.paris21Sydney, NSW

Thieves

Will do thanks.

Working Visa Health Cover

I've written a lot of emails and i called a lot of time for do the claim, nobody answers any! i mean NOBODY!!
this is illegal, they should answer and as a customer they should take an action for my claims.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Glen R.

Glen R.Sydney, NSW

HCF should be ashamed of the way they have treated my family

EdB

EdB

Not a Good Start with a GP visit

I booked for a GP visit at Blacktown Doctors and Medical Centres, only to find out that not all GPs there accepts HCF visit entitlement.. Had to cancel the booking as it would cost me $375, potentially, for seeing Dr Regy Joseph, who do not accept HCF funds for seeing her.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeNo

JUNK FUND, RING THEM AND THEY SAY COVERED ONLY TO DECLINE COVER WHEN YOU GO IN. MOST TRUSTED ? DONT THINK SO

advised smiledirect and item 825 covered by phone to HCF on 09/10. Purchased item 825 and went to claim 04/12 to be told not covered ?????? Shown internal memo from 13/09/2019 which advised no further cover for smiledirect ???? Paid $7500 in advance for 18 months of cover. If you change cover you should let people know. What a rip off. Note PDS advised Orthodontics covered for correction of teeth and jaws by orthodontist or dentist. Tick and Smiledirect you visit onsite and have scans and moulds done which are then checked by registered Aust Orthodontist or dentist. Tick. YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Claim DateDecember 2019

Junk Fund! Pick another provider

Claim DateSeptember 2019
MHK
MHK

You can see my member number above, you're a disgusting fund who have no right to deal in the way you do

Michael Barter

Michael BarterCentral West, NSW

Very upset with how my family was treated by HCF

Expert

ExpertSydney, NSW

Terrible Regional Manager with no concept of customer service

Walked into a branch and was treated with an attitude before hello. Not a friendly smile or even a firm handshake.
This is from the top Regional Manager? Clearly setting an example template for other employees to follow. Stay away from HCF there are simply other companies who care to have your business.

Joy C.

Joy C.Western Australia

Disgusting -- using your credit information to open multiple accounts

sisco

siscoTasmania, Australia

No help with this crew!

Asked to put my policy on hold for 2 years due to financial reasons, l was told " we don't do that", well in their online info, they say they do that! I was transferred to a person whose job, l suppose, was to encourage me to stay insured, l was hardly unable to understand a word she said due to a bad foreign accent. She also said l could not place my policy on hold. The wording on the internet says each case is assessed on a case by case basis, but no mention of this was made. I would think because of the exodus of people from health funds hcf would at least assess my request, not this woman. When l rejoin a health fund in 2 years it will NOT be with this tin pot outfit.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2019

gnmaier

gnmaier

Exceptional Customer Service

It was easy to sign up. Their website is great. Their premiums were significantly better than my previous long-standing provider. And their phone support service was exceptional. Very highly recommended

CajetanSydney

Waiting for claim settlement

I had taken HCF cover for parents visiting to Australia. I had bad experience in claim settlement. A simple claim like GP visit takes forever to be settled and that too not without multiple emails and multiple calls. Sometime, the call gets disconnected when to select the right option.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Cajetan

Update:

As per the response, I did send the email but no response since I sent for last 5 days. Do not understand how they can be so ignorant.

Marina J.

Marina J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Haven't been able to resolve technical system faults for close to two months

We only chose HCF because of their Thank You rewards program as we frequently buy Gold Class Movie tickets. For quite some time their rewards program was down and once it was back up we couldn't log into our account. We have spent hours on the phone with several customer service representatives troubleshooting this known issue which appears to be affecting many members and they have all asked us to repeat the same steps over and over and keep escalating it to the tech support team yet no solution has been found and they can't provide any workaround. Looking for alternative providers now as the service is very disappointing.

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great experience, no problems at all

Shifted over from Bupa a year ago and have been very happy with the switch. My gaps are far less than they were when I was with Bupa and I get to pick where I go without paying for it.

Scammers

I have got OVHC from hcf according their policies they cover all your cost towards GP that in their hcf network but when you claim that cost they advice they can't cover that cost. I have made complaint to ACCC what they offer online but not delivering accordingly. I just scamed by hcf now i have to pay most of the cost from my pocket. Don't ever use HCF they are scammers.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Don't join visa 600 as they wont provide certificate of insurance

i just signed up for the hcfvisitorhealthcover and called them up for the certificate of insurance and did not get one because they dont provide .. and when i asked for refund they rejected my claim and stole my $74... and it's just the next day i called... it seems a fake insurance policy... would never recommend anyone joining them...

Jin B
Jin B

I have send to the email provided... i would appreciate if you can help me out ....

Hiwa

HiwaSydney, NSW

They paid $9 out of $2400 in an emergency

My mother-in-law had an overseas visitor cover with HCF. She was taken to the closest hospital by ambulance and had no chance, as she was half-conscious, to choose her hospital.

Claim DateJune 2019