HCF Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (12)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (9)
    • 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (45) · No (36)

Sick of the LIES

Sick of the LIES Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Medibank is cheaper, with more comprehensive cover - hcf is by far the worst private health insurer ever!!!!

Alexandra

AlexandraSydney, NSW

Need to go to hospital and they are refusing to cover it. Also was paying over $500/month.

Need to go to hospital and they are refusing to cover it. Also was paying over $500/month for more than 6months before they admitted I didn’t need all that cover.

Liana

Liana

Liars

Changed to HCF from Bupa, when I Changed over HCF had a flybuys points offer, after my HCF insurance started I received a letter from them stating I would start receiving my flybuys points once I had been a paid member for 4 months this was in 2020 I forget which month I Changed over but it was early 2020, I still haven't received a single flybuys point its now almost May 2021, I called HCF many times as well as flybuys to keep being told I will get the points its delayed due to covid 19( how convenient everything is blamed on covid 19) I'm looking at going back to Bupa, they also are not calling me by my name and my name is wrong on my membership card its cut short which is actually insulting, not happy with HCF

Kym F.

Kym F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless customer service

Craig

Craig

Avoid At All Cost

Member for a decade and had policy cancelled unknowingly without even a phone call (emails went to junk mail). "We don't make phone calls due to large number of members"

Claim MadeNo
Nick

Nick

2months waiting period can not be waived, doesn't match to Flybuys promotion

Just signed up through Flybuys - 2month waiting period can be waived when join before 30April 2021. Called HCF customer service to confirm. They told me that it has to be join hospital & extra. What a joke.

Claim MadeNo

Emma

EmmaPerth, WA

If I could give 0 stars I would.

I have been with HCF for over 10 years. No health issues until a recent cancer diagnosis. No problem, thank goodness I kept up with my health insurance...umm not so much.

Worst customer service ever. If you ever can get through (30 mins+ on hold) they are incredibly rude and talk to you as if you are stupid. They have had me in tears on more than one occasion. They are dealing with sick, vulnerable people. Do they not undergo some kind of sensitivity training??

The amount I have got back is negligible in comparison to premiums paid.

I am in WA and they do not have a single gynecological oncologist in the entire state.

I am furious that I am stuck with them for now.

Stacey C.

Stacey C.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Terrible service

I have been with hcf since 1993. So disappointed...again with them. I will be moving from them, once they pay what I'm due to be paid. Terrible service also.
Don't try to get a income insurance claim paid unless you want to wait 1 month and still chasing the payment. Just about to report hcf to the Australian financial consumer commission. Have had to chase over 8 times now. They owe the money but won't pay it up. So much for suffering with cancer for 12mths and then have this to deal with .one woman on the phone told me I had to wait as it's alot of money. I was in cancer treatment at the time of the call. I have been made to be like I don't matter and you should just wait. Don't go with hcf.

eagler

eaglerSydney, NSW

HCF Service Gone Down

I made a claim to HCF after I had my ears checked and cleaned at a clinic with a registered nurse.
Then I sent claim in and after weeks advised that I need an original receipt. (not just eftpos docket)
I then wrote to the ear cleaning company and received a proper receipt then finally HCF wrote back to say that I cannot claim on this item.
The whole process took months and a great waste of time.
I have been with HCF for many years however I am considering to change as I feel their customer service has gone down.

EllaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very high increase this year

Switch to them 2 years ago. First premium $188 next increase $5 and next $15 what is around 8% to $213 per forthright. After I contacted them and ask why my increase is 8% I got the usual that everything is going up! Remove knee replacement and other options from your policy and you will pay less but my question is what will be left on my policy? Close to nothing!

Diane Howe

Diane HoweSouth East Queensland, QLD

HOW TO WASTE HOURS WAITING TO RESOLVE A MATTER WITH HCF

I was contacted by ISelect to compare my increased rate with my current Insurer. After going through what I was led to believe was the new rate applicable 1 April 2021, I changed to HCF. The Welcome to HCF email (dated 23 February 2021) stated "Your payment of $441.40 will be due on 15 March 2021. This will cover the period from 10 March 2021 until subsequent payment date. Your regular Monthly payments of $367.85 will start on subsequent payment date." Now HCF advises that my Monthly payment will be increased to $400+ effective subsequent payment date. Who is at fault here - ISelect or HCF?

jennifer s.

I WANTED TO SIGN UP BUT THEY WERE SO SO RUDE!

jennifer s.

I have replied. But I will tell you here and now the guy I spoke to was bored stupid, didn't care, sounded like he wanted to go home. Sounded like you hired someone on JobSeeker who had to do it to get paid.

Amar

AmarGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will never use HCF again

Kerrie

KerrieMurray Mallee, SA

Reward for members

HCF is promoting health by rewarding new members with bonus Flybys points. Points for joining and extra points for fresh fruit and veg. What a load of rubbish! This is about money not health. Reward ALL members including your long term loyal ones if it’s about good health promotion

Appalling services !

Ken W.
Ken W.

Rod

RodQueensland

Good health coverage and returns.

Recently had a $310 dental bill and HCF covered 100% of the bill which is amazing and mind you I can claim it twice a year. My previous Heath fund ‘Police health’ doesn’t offer any rewards to its customers nor offer 100% no gap to certain claims. Thanks HCF.

Poor customer service

I have been with HCF for many years. I am currently based overseas and impacted by COVID travel restrictions I have been trying to reactivate a suspended membership for over 6 months as I will return to Australia now. No answer has been received to e mails since Jan 2021 despite being advised to contact HCF when I will travel. After attempts to contact HCF by phone my call dropped out after 20 minutes. This is really one of the worst experiences of customer service I have had. Truly appalling

mingfei1272

mingfei1272Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Short term with HCF

It was a gold membership but no one from the sales team valued me as a customer. I have to switch back to my previous provider. Customer service really disappointing. Goodbye!

Damian

DamianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't rely on customer service

I have been trying for several days to contact HCF so that I can change my payment details. So far I haven't been able to reach a customer service agent to change my payment details after 4 attempts. The latest time today, I was placed in a queue. After being told umpteen times that my call will be answered shortly, the call abruptly dropped out after 20 minutes of listening to their product spiels and reassurances that my call is going to be answered shortly.

Hopeless. I don't know I can change my payment details, as this can't be done through the member portal.

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Try updating your details by phone, you will need a spare hour on hold minimum, won’t allow to update online.

I moved house and had to update my address, I was on hold for at least 30min, I then changed my debit card and needed to update my payment details, on hold this morning for 25min then hung up as I didn’t have time to keep waiting, I tried again later in the day, on hold again for 25min. I tried to update both things online and it wouldn’t accept it, tells me to phone, I’ve been with HCF since 2009 and this is not acceptable :(