HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance

Useless

Signed up to HCF as they seemed to have great coverage for a great price.
I received a competing deal from my old Insurer Westfund which was better, so I cancelled the HCF policy 1 week later. I had my current insurer send through the confirmation transfer email, I called a week later to confirm it was received which it was, and have now made 3 follow up phone calls just over a month later to get my policy cancelled and refunded. Phone operators continue to tell me to wait 7-14 days which I have done, but this is getting crazy. Wouldn't go with HCF or recommend HCF to anyone. Definitely check out Westfund, they have done right by me from day 1 and give you straight forward honest answers.

Coverage TypeCouple
Book AgainNo

HCF are very helpful, friendly, ad most of all they fix your issues in the very first instance

HCF are the best Insurance company. Pricing is good, customer service is excellent, very helpful. I would recommend and have recommended HCF to my family and friends. Couldn’t have asked for a better cover.

Book AgainYes

Super friendly, great health policy

They are easy to contact, I live in a country town and don’t find it hard to find a dentist or physio that are affiliated with HCF, and the team also have a great understanding of my needs with a chronic illness.

Book AgainYes

HCF is "Simply Value for Money"

HCF is truly one of the best and the most comprehensive coverage for the amazing low premium. The claims have always been very prompt. This is a true non-profit company.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Fantastic and genuine Health care fund!

Hcf ever since joining has provided myself with great service with a friendly and genuine approach whilst offering the great services and having a great range of options to suit different lifestyles.

No regrets since swapping over from my previous fund and would recommend to anyone and everyone to join!

Book AgainYes

What service should be like!

I recently contacted HCF to discuss my cover. The person that answered my call was well informed, friendly and a true professional. I chose this NFPO years ago because it returns more to members and given my latest experience I can see why it is the 2018 Canstar winner. Keep up the good work!

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Great fund, great value for money

I changed to HCF about a year ago because they were cheaper than my previous fund. I have been surprised by how much more I get back and the service I recieve is excellent.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim ApprovedYes

HCF for 30 years, received $300 back from $6200 doctors bill in hospital. Go public, pay nothing. PATHETIC

Have been with HCF for over 30 years. Had jaw surgery with a doctors bill of $6,200. Medicare paid $1032 and HCF paid $308. What a slap in the face after 30 years. Currently paying $439 per month and didn't even get back one month of premiums. I am so glad I'm "PLATINUM" (government reforms). I called before surgery and HCF would not advise the out of pocket and asked me to go and ask the doctor. The doctor said that all health funds are different and I should ask them. $5000 out of pocket and $500 out of pocket for anesthetist. Should have gone to the public system and had no out of pocket. Health funds are pathetic joke.

Claim ApprovedYes

Scam! Do not even try to put your details on their website!

I went online to shop around for my mother's travel insurance. I never purchased anything online or even received any confirmation that I purchased anything from them. 18 of March was the date I did this-- I have not received any emails of confirmation or any letter with a card or a welcome note - nothing. They deducted $203 on my bank account on the 18th of April. A month - I have not received any letter, card or any email confirming my purchased--which means-- I have not activated any insurance policy. I contacted HCF-- talked to 6 agents-- I was transferred and called my bank-- It was a whole day conversation on the phone. Nothing was resolved. I then received a letter with a card on the 29th of April - with my mum's name and membership that is the same number I have seen on my bank details-- I called HCF AGAIN- and they confirmed that they have not sent any confirmation on the email or any correspondence to me and gave no explanation. I was very tired explaining over and over again that if my purchased went through why did I not received any emails on the date (18 March) or weeks after this date? Then deducted $200 on my account a month after? They advised me that they can't do refunds-- that there is nothing they can do, that I won't be able to take back my money. I gave up and imagine how many people who have been through this and never purchased anything and yet deducting money - without activating your policy.

Book AgainNo
Hi Glenda, We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please email us at membersupport@hcf.com.au. Please include your mum’s membership number in the subject of the email and mention “product review”. Regards HCF TeamI wonder why people give you 5 stars.

Not likely to change provider anytime soon

I've been with HCF for close to 15 years and have never had any issues with the claim service. Every claim goes through quickly and easily and not once have I had to follow up. Top rate customer service and the uh cover all our families services needed.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

A health insurance provider that understands its clients needs - great service and value for money

I have been a member of HCF for 4 years and enjoy the ease of ‘on the spot’ claiming with numerous claims on extras over the years. I recently had to contact HCF when I had a issue with a claim - I made a quick phone call and the problem was resolved - friendly staff and great service!

Great health insurance company

Easy to use online system with email to confirm adjustments. Friendly service on the phone. Friendly helpful staff to assist you at convenient store locations in most local shopping centres.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

As private insurance goes HCF has to be the quickest and cheapest insurance on the market.

Good value policy for families, plus there's an additional option for Kids Cover which is extremely affordable! Very happy with this service so far! We do a 6 monthly comparison to make sure we're getting the best for our money and they havent let us down in 3 years.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Awesome customer service.

Awesome customer service at the Albury branch. Its not possible at all times but nice to be acknowledged as I walked in even though I had to wait a few minutes. The service itself with my enquiry was excellent and taken care of quickly!! Great health cover too!!

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Excellent customer experience

Contacted HCF to change the date that my Prius would be taken out. The HCF representative listened and seat with the matter immediately with no hesitation. The representatives made sure my concerns were understood. Their were no unnecessary delays or transfers.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Excellent cover affordable premiums

I was with HCF from about 2014-2017, and when with them found them very good with customer service and expediting claims. But I terminated my policy as I was unable to afford the payments any longer. This was not because they were expensive compared to other HI companies, and for a couple of years went without HI. When I was able to afford HI again, after doing some research found that HCF continue to be very competitive, and I am now back with them. I am though awaiting resolution of an issue and if they handle that well, I will give them the full thumbs up. All up, my experience with this company has been very positive.

Exceptional value for money

We find the value of our policy extremely good and had so far no problems with our claims, like eye surgery. Every claim was resolved with no delay. We are one year with HCF and never looked back

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

More than helpful and caring

I had been with HCF until moving over seas and went to my employers fund on my return. I left employer and went back to HCF for value and friendly service

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Excellent cover at a reasonable price,

I have found HCF brilliant to work with, claims are easily made and the app makes it accessible to make claims after hours if needed. The staff are fantastic and great to speak to and will do their utmost to ensure you have the best option for you & your family. Far better than our previous provider. Also good to speak to someone local rather than overseas.

Claim ApprovedYes

Added an exclusion to our policy after we held it for 6 years to avoid paying further treatment for a known condition.

HCF changed the terms of our policy after it had been in-force for 6 years and added an exclusion for a condition they knew I had (as I claimed for earlier surgery which they paid). Apparently notified us by email - no record of this email at our end. Never agree to email updates is our advice. We have then kept the policy a further 5 years not realising they put the exclusion on to now be told ‘not covered - we changed the terms’ when I needed to access for a revision surgery. What a disgrace! They have told me I need to upgrade to get the cover my policy originally provided me but I will have to serve ‘another’ 12 month waiting period from the date of the upgrade before I can claim for the revision surgery. I offered to pay the premium difference given the extenuating circumstances which they refused. 11 years on a policy with the last 5 years wasted! I feel cheated.

Book AgainNo

Do HCF cover anything towards veneers?
It's not an easy answer, ask your dentist to provide all the item codes, then send it to HCF, to verify and confirm what is covered, then circle back to your dentist, give them the approved items codes, then your dentist will provide you with the out of pocket expenses. Which will leave you wondering if it's even worth having a Pvt health insurance and the amount you pay every month!!!!. good luck.Thanks Frank I certainly could not find an answer in HCFs website.

l have been a member since 1991, can l seek any loyalty bonas on my premium
Hi Anna, We cannot offer loyalty bonuses on premium as it is not permitted by the Private Health Insurance Act. To recognize the loyalty of our members such as yourself, HCF launched our HCF Thank You program. If you would like any more information on this, please email membersupport@hcf.com.au Thank you HCF Team

i am thinking of joining HCF for my family. do they have good rating doctors and private hospitals?
Was with Medibank Private for many years. HCF offer everything the others do but from what I have found, at a better rate. I will be in a private room of a private Hospital this week. All similar doctors with HCF to other funds. Regards, Wayne.

Similar listings