HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance

armadale 3143

armadale 3143Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware the Unemployment Assistance Insurance!

Amit

AmitSydney, NSW

Don't take overseas visitor health cover (OVHC) from HCF

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Abs

AbsSydney, NSW

Terrible terrible , not providing membership card for 4 months

I have joined HCF for nearly 4 months and I still haven’t received the membership card. I have received their letters many times but not a membership card . 1 week after instruction I called and they said 5-8 business days and suggested I will receive it another week. I called again a week and they guarantee I will receive it in 1.5 weeks . Nearly a month since my latest instruction I still couldn’t receive the card . They keep asking me to claim on line but after reviewing many bad comments here I don’t want to risk myself not able To clam the money back. Avoid hcf If you can. They are wasting your time and money

Uthpala J.

Uthpala J.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless & Worst Insurance Ever!!!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Stay away from hcf

Absolutely disgusting. Have been paying a gold cover for 10 months! I already have been over charged $1300 which took me days to sort it out and make sure I get at least as a credit and now my wife (26yo) have been admitted to hospital with heart problem and they told the hospital that she wasn’t covered. ( brochure says 2 months waiting or 12 for pre existing conditions) I had to call them and spend nearly an hour on the phone to know that I have to do a hell lot of things to get her back in private as it should be! If you can, stay away from hcf!

Disappointed

DisappointedPerth, WA

shifts funding Responsibilities to Medicare where possible

Doesn’t cover psychology unless You have exhausted 10 sessions on a Medicare mental health plan. when you have private health cover for psychology you expect to be able to use your private cover without obtaining a doctor referral or using public funding
Also didn’t cover surgeons full cost for surgery

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

EdwardLogan City

Not worth One Star

Poor service does not describe, just how bad HCF is. I transferred from Medibank Private because of poor phone service, and a dud App, HCF is worse. Long wait s to speak to someone ( apparently in an Asian Call Centre) numerous phone disconnects. I went to make a claim, it was denied, as Medibank had not released my details to HCF, HCF hadn't bothered to anything about it, when I joined the fund, until I complained that my claim had been denied. Over all, a frustrating ,time consuming experience.
HCF App didn't work, until the 6th attempt
To make matters worse, my bank account details, were sent to me via email, for any hacker to see.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Edward

READ the One Star Review, it's self explanatory.

Alessandro

AlessandroMillswood

Making payments more complicated for members, Our way or the highway!!

I have been with HCF for about 6 years or more. I have always paid by internet banking. I have total control of my money. They are now suggesting 3 options, direct debit ( which is controlled by them ) phone every month to pay ( going back 15 years! ) or going into an office to pay ( great for time management) They have taken away the easier option of Bpay. These rules are for Life Insurance policy & Critical Illness Cover. I have hospital, extras & Critical Illness Cover & pay altogether. It's totally ridiculous, it's so simple now & they want to complicate it. Their letter states crap like " we save you time & hassle. Total crap!! Not happy at all. I will look at another provider.

beauty.paris21Sydney, NSW

Thieves

Will do thanks.

Working Visa Health Cover

I've written a lot of emails and i called a lot of time for do the claim, nobody answers any! i mean NOBODY!!
this is illegal, they should answer and as a customer they should take an action for my claims.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Glen R.

Glen R.Sydney, NSW

HCF should be ashamed of the way they have treated my family

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
EdB

EdB

Not a Good Start with a GP visit

I booked for a GP visit at Blacktown Doctors and Medical Centres, only to find out that not all GPs there accepts HCF visit entitlement.. Had to cancel the booking as it would cost me $375, potentially, for seeing Dr Regy Joseph, who do not accept HCF funds for seeing her.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeNo

JUNK FUND, RING THEM AND THEY SAY COVERED ONLY TO DECLINE COVER WHEN YOU GO IN. MOST TRUSTED ? DONT THINK SO

advised smiledirect and item 825 covered by phone to HCF on 09/10. Purchased item 825 and went to claim 04/12 to be told not covered ?????? Shown internal memo from 13/09/2019 which advised no further cover for smiledirect ???? Paid $7500 in advance for 18 months of cover. If you change cover you should let people know. What a rip off. Note PDS advised Orthodontics covered for correction of teeth and jaws by orthodontist or dentist. Tick and Smiledirect you visit onsite and have scans and moulds done which are then checked by registered Aust Orthodontist or dentist. Tick. YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Claim DateDecember 2019

Junk Fund! Pick another provider

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
MHK
MHK

You can see my member number above, you're a disgusting fund who have no right to deal in the way you do

Michael Barter

Michael BarterCentral West, NSW

Very upset with how my family was treated by HCF

Expert

ExpertSydney, NSW

Terrible Regional Manager with no concept of customer service

Walked into a branch and was treated with an attitude before hello. Not a friendly smile or even a firm handshake.
This is from the top Regional Manager? Clearly setting an example template for other employees to follow. Stay away from HCF there are simply other companies who care to have your business.

Joy C.

Joy C.Western Australia

Disgusting -- using your credit information to open multiple accounts

sisco

siscoTasmania, Australia

No help with this crew!

Asked to put my policy on hold for 2 years due to financial reasons, l was told " we don't do that", well in their online info, they say they do that! I was transferred to a person whose job, l suppose, was to encourage me to stay insured, l was hardly unable to understand a word she said due to a bad foreign accent. She also said l could not place my policy on hold. The wording on the internet says each case is assessed on a case by case basis, but no mention of this was made. I would think because of the exodus of people from health funds hcf would at least assess my request, not this woman. When l rejoin a health fund in 2 years it will NOT be with this tin pot outfit.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2019
gnmaier

gnmaier

Exceptional Customer Service

It was easy to sign up. Their website is great. Their premiums were significantly better than my previous long-standing provider. And their phone support service was exceptional. Very highly recommended

CajetanSydney

Waiting for claim settlement

I had taken HCF cover for parents visiting to Australia. I had bad experience in claim settlement. A simple claim like GP visit takes forever to be settled and that too not without multiple emails and multiple calls. Sometime, the call gets disconnected when to select the right option.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Cajetan

Update:

As per the response, I did send the email but no response since I sent for last 5 days. Do not understand how they can be so ignorant.