Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky

Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky

See the Best Shampoos & Conditioners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Head & Shoulders? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (5) · No (9)
  • Smell
Bill A
Bill APerth, WA

Causes contact and sibhorreic dermatitis

My doctor told me that my scalp condition was due to the pyrithione zinc in this product and that I need to cease its use immensely.
Since I stopped using Head and shoulders, my condition has cleared up.
Unfortunately, I will never be able to use it again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Outlet for $11.99.

rick.combi
rick.combiSouth East Queensland, QLD

This shampoo keeps my hair healthy

I use this shampoo everyday in order to avoid dandruff and itching as well. This is a product that always is on my supermarket or pharmacy list. The good things are no added phosphates or paraffin in this product.

Purchased in October 2021 for $11.

New formula is terrible

One by one each product is getting the new formula that results in the worst reaction and blocked sebaceous glands as per the doctor that I now need to treat the painful condition your new product has caused. It's happened to the doctor's husband even, she knew straight away what was happening to my scalp. My uncle's scalp is also worse now. Please please listen to your customers and bring back the original formula. We are all suffering with reactions now

Hair Type Normal
Causes Irritation Yes

'New' Head & Shoulders caused severe scalp rash

I've been using Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky for twenty years without any issues, I'd rate it 5 star. The product has always been made in Thailand. I recently purchased the 'new' product and almost immediately developed a severe scalp rash and headache. The 'new' product is made in Indonesia. I wrote to the company to let them know of the problem and if they could suggest any treatment for the headaches and rash. They're just not interested. The only reply I received was to offer me a $10 E voucher, even though they were fully aware I'd spent more than that on the product. I won't be buying it again.

Purchased in June 2021 for $14.

Shampoos & Conditioners

Find out how Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky compares to other Shampoos & Conditioners

Dry, knotted and damaged

I'm 30 don't dye my hair and have always had really nice thick smooth hair. Thanks to head and shoulders it is now really dry, thin, frizzy, knots and breaks really easily. Hopefully after stopping use I can get back on track.

Purchased in February 2021.

Knots in my hair after use

Only just started using this product. Yes it smells nice but I noticed that after I shower I have these massive knots that I can’t brush out. I have frizzy curly hair and it even broke my hairbrush trying to get them out.

Purchased in March 2021 for $7.

Rosalie
RosalieLaunceston, TAS

Burning sensations on head and face.

I used to use this product all the time when I was younger and it was brilliant! Recently I've started using it again and when I get out of the shower my head and face has a burning sensation. I also find the product to be drying the hair out and my hair doesn't feel soft at all.

Purchased at Coles for $12.80.

Smell

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

Clara V.
Clara V.13 Dec 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Jasmin S.
Jasmin S.

Why didn’t I try this first?!

I tried everything to get rid of dry, itchy, SORE, flakey head. I used the coal tar stuff that made you smell like road kill, and It didn’t even work!!! I was about to head off to the doctors, when a girlfriend said she had some sample H&S. I had NO expectations, but within 2 washes, I was cured. That was a year ago and I’ve used it ever since. I have very long hair and H&S is definitely more about your scalp than you hair, so after I wash out the conditioner, I use a mask for the lengths. Happy days!

Purchased in June 2019.

Kayla
KaylaJacka 2914, ACT

didn't help me with my dandruff issue

I am afraid I didn't have the best experience with this product, it dried out my scalp and my hair went coarse. It smells good though and it stays fragrant for a long period of time

Purchased in August 2020 for $12.35.

The L.
The L.South East Queensland, QLD

didn't had the best experience with my curly fair

This shampoo feels nice if you are looking for a product that keeps your hair fresh. If you hate the grease. On another note, if you have frizzy/curly hair, this shampoo will not help you. It will make it less manageable.

Purchased in February 2020.

Disappointed. Could've been better

Living in FNQ, the humidity gets to my hair and makes it frizzy poofy and wavy even though my hair is actually straight. I had started to get dandruff and I tried this out. Yes it did smell amazing but it made my hair even more dry, frizzy poofy and it did not at all get rid of any of my dandruff. It looked overall like I had a witches head of hair. I do not reccomend this conditioner and shampoo. Even one of my friends had bad dandruff and it didn't work for her. She used prescription shampoo and conditioner. At the moment, I am using organic care which I believe is a much better alternative.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $25.

Amanda
AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product was not good for my curls and scalp.

I would not recommend for anyone with curly hair or hair in need of extra moisture. I have heard that the shampoo works for some people, but for me and my friend (we both have curls) the product made the dry scalp worse.I had to see a doctor and was told to change my shampoo. I no longer have issues with a dry scalp after getting rid of my head and shoulders shampoo and investing in quality brand.

Purchased in August 2019 at Barone Pharmacy for $7.

rosieb-w
rosieb-wSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dandruff gone.

I have dark hair so I have always hated having a itchy, dry scalp and dandruff. I felt very lucky to have found Head & Shoulders. It was very effective and had a lovely scent. It also got rid of my dandruff after only 3 washes, my itchiness and dandruff went away but returned after a couple of days. It needs consistent use for it to be effective but after two bottles dandruff was completely gone and did not come back for a few months of not using H & S. Overall it did a good job, does what it says it will and worth the purchase.

Purchased in April 2017 for $35.

Denis
DenisMelbourne

WAS GOOD NOW ONLY SLUDGE

I used the product for several years and the last 2 times I purchased have been terrible! The quality has changed it is thick and sludge like! It is hard to get any sort of lather and I will not buy from this manufacturer again. Ordinary hand or baby washing soap is better and does not leave your hair un-manageable like this excuse for a shampoo!

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $6.

narelle g.Cq

Not bad

I do like all the head and shoulders range, and the smooth and silky version is good. If you have fly away hair, it will settle it. I have mostly straight hair so i do find it smoothes my hair out. Sometimes, i think it smoothes it out too much. I like a bit of movement in my hair. I don't style it or use products (i can't be bothered) so i try to encourage it to sit naturally. Too smoothly isn't what i look for, but would still recommend the product to those who want low maintenance hair.