Hello Solar

Hello Solar

3.8

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (72)
  • Purchase PriceA$3,950.72 (32)
  • Installation
Anthony

AnthonyNortheast, VIC

Excellent service and great product

From the beginning everything went smoothly. Installation crew worked non stop and had the system installed in 7 hours and very professionally. Then when I had trouble connecting to grid Hello Solar staff stepped in and liasoned with my provider to get it done. After that Alice guided me through to view my power generation online, not an easy task at my age. In other words help all the way from start to finish. The system is generating power even on these cold cloudy days.

Panel Purchased Link
System Size6.6 KW

Great service and great value

It was a quick and easy process, from the first call I made to Hello Solar to the installation of my solar panels. The staff were fantastic and so very professional. I would highly recommend Hello Solar

Tony S.

Tony S.Northeast, VIC

Fantastic product and service

From the first call I made to Hello Solar, everything has been fantastic. Everything they said they would do, was done - and to the highest level. Even when 'dummy me' rang to find out why the normal green light wasn't lighting up at night! Two of the helpful staff (Ahsan and Helen) were in touch straight away. If you are looking for a stress free solar experience, then Hello Solar should be on the top of your list.

Panel Purchased 20 x 330 watt
Purchase PriceA$2,999.00

P.K.

P.K.

Good Service and Timely Installation

Van Tran

Van TranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hundreds of savings!

The process with Hello solar has been great from start to finish but I waited for my first electricity bill to confirm my impressions. My second system from this company and it's been working so good. It's been amazing seeing savings on the bill especially now that we are working from home. Highly recomend to anyone looking for a good company to get solar panels from

Exactly as promised

Hello solar ladies in the office are exceptionally courteous and installers are more than professional. They guided me through the process simply and now I am not hesitating to refer them to all my friends and family. System is saving me lots of money and I'm so happy to have received everything so painlessly! Recommend!

Patrick29

Patrick29Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Botched solar connection

Buyer beware! After the system had been installed and HS got their money there was no follow up inspection from them. After receiving no solar feed in tariff on my bill from my energy supplier, they organised Ausgrid to do a meter inspection. It was discovered that the inverter was connected to the wrong side of my meter. Ausgrid pointed the finger at the solar installer. They took photos of the connections and wiring. HelloSolar have denied any wrong doing. Buyer be very aware!

Stephen Tomlinson

Stephen TomlinsonNortheast, VIC

Great Company to deal with.

The installers were very professional, they checked our whole tiled roof and replaced any broken tiles. My husband was an electrician by trade, he was very impressed with the quality and service. Our power bill has dropped dramatically, would definitely recommend Hello Solar. Outstanding service.

Kazz

KazzMid North Coast, NSW

Would never recommend

The whole process from sign up to installation was nothing short of a nightmare. Only thing that was reasonable was the price. In the end I would not speak to any of this companies staff except the manager who after I explain the nightmare to actually could not apologise enough. My advice run and don’t look back... they can talk the talk but do not walk the walk. Sorry but you asked me for my feedback

Panel Purchased Unsure
Purchase PriceA$3,400.00

Find out how Hello Solar compares to other Solar Retailers

Cheap. Knowledge could have been better

The Customer service person wasn’t the best listener and not overly helpful in resolution. Installation day they diverted from agreed panel layout from what I signed. One trade person lied about what they were doing. The installer on roof seemed confident the panels were in the right spot...Very reasonably priced. Will see what output they provide. So pleased to have them finally installed.

Panel Purchased 24 panels
Purchase PriceA$2,600.00
Aaron

AaronGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The product which was installed was exactly what I needed.

The panel installation process was reasonably straight forward. Any issues or concerns were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. Hello Solar have followed up when ever they have been asked to.

Panel Purchased Sofar Solar
Purchase PriceA$3,896.00

Trust Worthy Company Hello Solar

We believe that word of mouth is the best recommendation you can get.
And that was our experience with HELLO SOLAR.
From start to finish, the communication was excellent, from getting a quote to the
Installation etc ,as we are dinosaurs with Computers the help we received was
Amazing, a staff member Cassie even visited our home to help us out nothing
Was too much trouble.
Everyone was very professional and came when they said they would,from the
Safety rail installer's ,to the installation of the Solar Panels and the final check
From the Electrical Engineer from the power company.
The transmission was quick and smooth. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Panel Purchased SOFAR SOLAR MODEL NO SOFAR 5KTLM-G2
Peter Hawkey

Peter HawkeyGippsland, VIC

Great System

Hello Solar were very easy to deal with, process went quickly no problems under the currant difficalties. Workmen were a little late but understandable as the distance to travel, work completed on time and tidied up after, over all great job thanks

Nick

NickMelbourne

Enjoying free Energy.

Had no issues what so ever, except trying to get Vic Gov subsidy, which I Could not get. Still well worth the exercise. Good installers. No complaints. Highly recommend. My son used the same company, again no issues. Thank you

Ginny S.

Ginny S.Gippsland, VIC

Excellent company to deal with

Seamless installation and very easy to deal with the company. Plenty of support and queries were always answered. Quite happy with the whole process. Staff were always helpful and friendly

System Size5.5 KW
Purchase PriceA$4,000.00

Find out how Hello Solar compares to other Solar Retailers

Customer service is excellent once you sign up but lackluster after you sign up.

Everything was easy to to set up when I first made the enquirer. I was contacted on the same day.
After being charged for my deposit, there was little reply to my emails.
We kept getting delayed by the installer chosen and broken roof tiles were left all over our lawn.
We wasted numerous days staying home to wait for them.
Installation for the meter was for the garage but we weren’t given a choice as to where we had wanted to place it even though we were home.

Ronh

RonhSouthwest, VIC

Great System

All went smoothly from Initial Installation to completion & Electrical Inspection was within a few days
The installation team worked efficiently & cleaned up properly on completion. I would highly recommend this company without hesitation.

Purchase PriceA$3,300.00
Laurie

LaurieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great installers even left there number in case anything went wrong

Great installers even left there number in case anything went wrong I rang installer once he was very helpful I tried another company called solar minor before them very rude installer I gave them the flick and got hello solar Aussie receptionist very helpful nothing was a problem don’t go anywhere else would give 10 stars if I could

roycerolls

roycerollsGreenwood

Pretty hapoy

Little bit concerned about the the heating up of the inverter but otherwise really happy
Very professional and courteous installers
I have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Surprise no issues.

thanks for all your good work so far, system is working better than my initial expectations. Your installers were brilliant, good work, no mess and very professional. Still awaiting AGL to configure the meter for the feed in tariff. Overall a pleasing experience with very competent company. They were able to put half the panels on an east facing roof and half west to get the optimum daily output.

Roshan Fernando

Roshan Fernandoasked

My panels were installed by Hello Solar on 2 Feb 2020. NMI no. at the time was 43104733376. The wifi unit was also fitted to the inverter at the time. The smart meter was installed on the 5 March and the solar system was switched on to the grid. The indicator lights on the wifi unit do not light up. Please advice.

Christopher B.
Christopher B.

My inverter is a Kehua single phase which has a black module plugged in to the unit from underneath which is the wifi transmitter which my smart phone communicates with, then you need to down load the suitable app that is the 1st stage ,l have,t completed the process, because the inverter has the digital read out on the front.

Kecka

Keckaasked

How long have you as a customer had to wait to get refund from Hello Solar after job was cancelled because they could not install the panels ordered

Karen
Karen

That was not the problem. They installed the panels but we had to wait 6 months for the rebate because they messed up the paperwork.

HowItReallyIsasked

Just had a call from this company to our small business in Sydney has anyone dealt with them in Sydney for a business, we said we don't own the building and they tell us that's not an issue they will follow up with the owner to get permission etc. Would love to hear of anyone's positive experiences in Sydney if there are some - thanks :)

geckonet
geckonet

If you are thinking of using this company, do your research. The owner is the prior Director and Co-owner of The Home Improvement People and Got to Go Solar that operated in NSW. Reviews on both of these companies, not to mention Department of Fair Trading (see links below), should tell you all you need to know.

Product Review Links:

NSW Department of Fair Trading Links:

Don't take my word for it, do your own research and make a fully informed decision.

HowItReallyIs

Thanks we didn't get involved but knew nothing about them and that is why I asked if anyone did (part of my research in fact was that question on this site). Appreciate your response. There are a lot of sharks out there, hard to find anyone these days that does what they say they do well P.S. don't get me started on the Dept of Fair Trading either they are not without their fair share of knuckle heads.

Get an answer from our members and Hello Solar representatives