1,697

Poor Quality Products

We have been using Hello Fresh for several months now. The first few deliveries, the produce was excellent and the serving sizes were adequate. Fast forward to now and the produce is less than fresh, ingredients have been missing, serving sizes are inadequate (not enough to feed 2 people) and their customer service is awful. I have since cancelled the fruit box because of its poor quality and lack of ingredients and have skipped next weeks meals (will continue to skip for the forseeable future) due to the above-mentioned issues. It seems the company 'sucks you in' and then lets you down with a great, big thump!

Emily L

Emily L

Awful experience.

It created 3 subscriptions and charged me 3 times. Now I have to wait 7 business days for a refund. How am I suppose to feed my family for the next 7 days when you just took all my money due to a glitch. Awful experience never again.

Gemma D.HelloFresh

They missed ingredients for all the meals I ordered and offered insulting refund.

Gemma D.HelloFresh

Veggies with aftertaste, Chicken smelled badly

I was so keen to try hellofresh which is known in so many countries already. I am very disappointed, the veggies had an unpleasant aftertaste (maybe through storage?) and the chicken smelled very bad when I unpacked it, so I was not brave enough to consume it. The dips are also not a healthy option, a lot of convenience products! Felt not comfortable after eating the meals. This is not worth all the packaging, poor environment! Sorry hello fresh :(

Ryan K.

Ryan K.South East Queensland, QLD

Promotional code is a scam

Chloe

ChloeQueensland

Absolutely loving Hello Fresh

Absolutely loving Hello Fresh so far! Im a very picky eater and so far Ive loved every meal! Loving that I dont have to shop and my meals are so quick and easy to make. Usually Im hopeless in the kitchen but Im learning so much about cooking and saving so much money and time from no longer having to grocery shop! Plus they also give you rewards for using the service (today I was able to give 4 of my friends free boxes for a week!) so I really love that as well!

Megz

MegzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very convenient

Very convenient and easy! Every meal
That we’ve chosen and made have been delicious and a good size as well.
Love the fact that they’re so easy and quick to make as well

Ellena

EllenaQueensland

Troubles with cancelling delivery

Could not login to my account in order to deactivate the delivery and was informed that I was 2 late and have been issued with another box and of course an invoice. Even though I cancelled the delivery 3 days out!!. Will not be ordering any more from Hello Fresh, as they use way 2 much packaging and is expensive for what you receive.

Plan NameFamily Plan
Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ongoing delivery issues - no credit

My weekly box has been delivered to the wrong address for the 2nd time in a 3 week period, despite my address not changing & not being difficult to access or find.
It is extremely inconvenient for myself as a shift worker as my family and I rely on your service for meals. I found my conversation with Ben (customer service representative) disappointing this morning. He lacked empathy and insight, not offering any kind of credit for the inconvenience of another missed week. Instead I had to ask for a refund and was told the best you could do would be to update my address- again! For that reason I decided to cancel my subscription, as I do not feel Hello Fresh values their loyal customers.

Diana

DianaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BREAK THE ROUTINE!

My daughter is a great fan of yours and she loves your menu. Sometimes I run out of ideas of what to put on the table. With HelloFresh meal kits, it break the monotony.

Excellent product

Have been having HelloFresh for over 2?years now. Very happy with the upgrades that have occurred over this time and the fact you can choose from a range of meals each week. Consumer services response is excellent when I have needed to contact them.

Trudy S.

Trudy S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it

Love not having to think about dinner and the variety is amazing, being able to try food we wouldn't normally try. The biggest for us is there is no waste the meal portions are perfect.

Kim

KimCentral Queensland, QLD

Such a nice change.

It is so nice to not think about what I will be cooking every day, just open the fridge and grab a bag out! Even better is getting to try new foods without too much fuss.

Plan NameFamily Plan

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Restaurant dining at home !!

Have been using for about three months. Great not having to think about what to cook after working all day and quick and easy to prepare. Husband commented the flavours are just like restaurant food !

Heather H.

Heather H.Gippsland, VIC

We love HelloFresh!

We really have been enjoying HelloFresh for dinner. What’s great is my husband has staying being interested in cooking. The recipes are varied and yummy and easy to understand. The food is fresh! We love it

FrancescaHelloFresh

Only giving one star because I can't give zero stars...

Got a voucher from friend as I was considering using this service, paid for postage, got a confirmation email, was ready to receive the first box, then on the Monday before it was due(delivery is on Wednesday) I got a refund of postage, no email to explain no contact at all, I rang and asked why, my account had been deactivate, they said my code was used already on the 30th of Sept, (I didn't use it and they couldn't tell me who did) but yet they sent me an email reminder to use my code on the 1st of Oct?! Nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Love it!

We love hellofresh it takes all the hassle of meal planning away and very interesting and yummy meals. We would highly recommend. Customer service is awesome, very friendly and helpful.

Amazing Food, Very Convenient

I started using Hello Fresh because I got a free box voucher. After that, I didn’t want to cancel my plan. The ingredients that are delivered are fresh and the recipes are delicious. Every meal comes with great sides/sauces to make and they are nutritionally balanced. My favourite element is that when I come home from work, I don’t have to think about what I am cooking, yet I still make healthy, delicious food every night. May be on the expensive side for a family, but for a couple or someone who lives alone, this is such a great option. Would recommend for anyone to try.

Not Happy with the Service or Website

Jacqueline16

Jacqueline16SYDNEY

Missing Item

Was excited to receive my first box today but was really disappointed when we tried out first meal kit only to find that we had a key missing ingredient. The meal was nice but have a 4 week deal and due to this issue I won't be continuing. I have contacted customer service via the chat service asking that my subscription is cancelled after I received my further 3 orders. They kept stalling offering me credit and advising that they would contact customer service etc but offered to pause for up to 5 weeks after my last order but I would need to do it myself. I am not happy!

Suzanne S.

Suzanne S.asked

Does hello fresh food have MSG?

Anthony D.asked

Can you please sequentialise the instructions with regards to preparation. How many pots and bowls will be needed? If the cut up cucumber will go first into the small bowl, can you please say this at the point of cutting the the cucumber. When it’s time to add the milk, can you put it there in the sentence, how much milk, don’t make me start a search on the card for the quantity. I’ve learned to cross out lines as I do them, so as to not skip something, but every time I am thinking these instructions could be made easier. The meal at the end is delicious, but the steps are frustrating and usually much longer than the estimate.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

We're so sorry that you've found our recipe cards trickier than expected - as a service based on convenience, this feedback is invaluable, so thank you again!

We've put a lot of thought into the layout and presentation of the recipe cards to try and make dinner time as fuss-free as possible; from the placement of ingredients and quantities in the top right-hand corner to every meal being broken down to 6 steps, we aim to make everything smooth-sailing for our customers.

I've saved your feedback and comments to pass on to the team! In the meantime, you might want to consider trying out our "COOK IT" helper, available on our app! Simply click on the recipe you want to make and the green button will appear to starting cooking. From there you'll have each step on the screen as you're doing it - there's even an inbuilt timer that tells you when to start prepping and cooking each ingredient!

I hope this helped!

Gemma

Subject Matter Expert
HelloFresh Australia

Liz O.

Liz O.asked

I would be interested to know if I left my Hellofresh empty box and insulated bag plus Gel packs, could you reuse again. seems a waste, and I can only reuse so many of these myself!
liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback! Packaging can be a challenge as we want to uphold the highest standard of food safety and quality for our customers. We used to collect boxes but unfortunately this didn't comply with regulations set by the local Food Authority due to the risk of contamination at the warehouse. We're always looking for new ways to improve our packaging, whilst making sure your food arrives fresh and in the condition you’d expect.

By being a HelloFresh customer, you are reducing food waste both at home and in the supply chain. We source directly from producers and pre-portion where we can, so you only receive what you need. Together we are contributing to a more sustainable food supply chain and this is something we can all be proud of.

If you would like more information on what to do with your packaging, please get in touch with us for any information or visit support.hellofresh.com.au to find out more!

We're please to say that we're working on a few things here at the HelloFresh HQ in relation to packaging and sustainability! Fingers crossed we'll have some positive updates soon.

Gemma

Subject Matter Expert
HelloFresh Australia

belladilemma
belladilemma

I agree! I’d love for a way to return the ice packs for reuse.

Anthony D.

I too would like to recycle the box, ice packs, and insulating packaging.

Get an answer from our members and HelloFresh representatives

CategoryFood Delivery Services