HelloFresh

HelloFresh

3.7 from 3,450 reviews

Terrible service and I haven’t even tried the food yet

Ordered HelloFresh for the first time using a discount code given to me by a friend. Received an email saying that my order was confirmed. Was then checking my credit card account randomly the night before my hellofresh order was due and see a refund there from hello fresh for the difference amount. Try to login in to my Hellofresh account and error comes up “could not find your email, account does not exist, please create a new account”. I then tried to create a new account thinking it might help find my original account, get an error alert: “email already exists, please login”!! Is I go round in circles a few times, trying to login etc. no luck.

I emailed hellofresh as by this stage I was relying on my order the next day as I had 10 hours of work and didn’t have time to do a shop for my family at 7pm after finishing work. I would have done that on the weekend if I had known my Hello Fresh order wasn’t coming! They have since replied saying they cancelled my order and deactivated my account as they have a limit of one new code per household and they were able to locate a similar account to mine. I have never used hello fresh before so I do not understand how I have another account!!! The customer service has not been good with emails back and forth unable to properly help me, and no Notice to say my box had been cancelled and my account deactivated! I was looking forward to trying hellofresh for a change as I use another online meal delivery service for the convenience as I work long hours and never had an issue, but unfortunately I think they have lost a potential customer. The service has been terrible

Plan NameFamily Plan

Repeated ignorance and mistakes!

Had about 5 or 6 hellofresh deliveries in total. I am not sure if it is our area or this happens everywhere, but their delivery service is shocking to say the least.

Summary:
- poor quality food
- terrible delivery service
- poor quality customer service

We live in an apartment block, so I have requested to leave the food behind the gate in an undercover area. This is a note on every single delivery.

Not even once they have followed the instruction for delivery. The box was left outside the main gate in the middle of the night at 1 or 3am, pretty much on the street and anyone walking past could see it and take it. On top of that there is no cover so with the rain in Sydney over last few weeks the box was completely soaked with water, as in, I could not lift it off the ground without it falling apart. Everything inside was also wet.

On top of that, they don't actually message you to say that the delivery was completed, so if you exit your apartment from the carpark, you will never see the box, one delivery the box was delivered at 1am and we were only able to collect it at 5pm so that is 19 hours of sitting on the groud outside the front gate!

In every single delivery the food was delivered squished, broken or dented. Cucumber and sweet potato were always snapped in half. The herbs were wilted and brown.

I really have not seen any worse food. In some cases I had to go and buy new ingredients to finish the recipe as they were not edible.

Called and complained to the head office, got the apologies and promises that it won't happen again, only for the same thing to happen. They also offer those 50% discounts on your next box to make up for the issues but then they just charge you full price anyway! Call again, get a refund or another 50% on another box, and it just keeps on repeating over and over again.

Plan NameVeggie Plan

Love hello fresh meals are amazing so easy look forward to having them

Love them people are fantastic on the phone food amazing cuts down my shopping bill easy to cook the snack box's are great very healthy looking forward to having them again

Plan NameClassic Plan

Cancelled order when moved homes

Cancelled my order when I moved homes. Received email to confirm my account was cancelled. 3 months later I received a phone call from debt collector trying to collect money from HelloFresh. Apparently despite me cancelling they had continued to delivery my box for 3 weeks & weren’t able to get money from my account.
HelloFresh never contacted me directly about the issue and had instead just sent it to a debt collector. Be careful with this company. They don’t cancel your delivery despite confirming they’ve done this & they send you to a debt collector without letting the customer know there’s been an issue.

Terrible

Ordered a box - never turned up. Enough said. Customer service is useless. They offer no assistance just the "facts" the have entered in their system. Like talking to a brick wall. They constantly door knock this area trying to drum up business only to be completely pathetic and not deliver on first order.
Do not fall for their rubbish! Do not bother with this company

Plan NameClassic Plan

They missed every vital food item.

I had my first delivery this week. The chermoula chicken came with no chicken. No fricking chicken! No sour cream. My speedy Mexican nachos came with no cheese, no sour cream and a rotten avacado. My cheesy shepherd's pie came with YOU GUESSED IT. NO CHEESE! Helpline was useless. They credited missing items to my next order. I'm looking forward to see how useless my next order is. KICKER IS I can't get a refund. Just a credit. So three more half assed meals to enjoy. Maybe tacos with no taco? Lord knows. Worst experience on a food delivery EVER.

Love it, here is $50 off for your first box trial

Awesome !!!! this is fresh food delivery service to your home . All you have to do is follow the recipe they give us, it’s take about 30-45minutes From preparing to finish the dishes. We tried for last few months and really enjoy it . They are fresh, delicious and have all the protein, vegetable that we need with the variety of food to choose from every week. Suitable for married couple, busy mom, busy people....and for those who don’t have time to do shopping , we don’t have to think what to cook for dinner . All sorted out

I have a $50 discount code for first box ( voucher code is HANHVU) for first box, so it’s only about $20 for 3 dinner for 2 person for first box It’s worth a try . And you can cancel your plan ANYTIME, even after the first box .

Plan NameClassic Plan

CONVENIENCE AND HEALTHY MEAL OPTIONS AT ITS FINEST!

Very surprised with comments made by people on here who say their food is rotten or slimy. I have been ordering from Hello Fresh for 4th week now. All my vegetables and meat arrive fresh and stay fresh until the next box arrives. The quality is beyond expectations.
Meals are healthy with lots of vegetables and meat which I s also fresh and tastes delicious. The recipes are easy to follow and have photos as well.
Having a busy lifestyle, Hello Fresh has saved us money as we no longer order Uber or spend hundreds of dollars on groceries every fortnight that gets spoilt and gets thrown away due to having a lack of time to plan meals. Hello Fresh has helped us cut back on waste and we do not throw away any food. You also get to pick from a range of recipes.
Highly recommend to anyone that has a busy lifestyle, wants easy healthy homemade meals, and cut back on food waste. You get the exact portion of ingredients you need.
I genuinely do not like grocery shopping and do a fair bit to avoid it. The worst thing about shopping at a supermarket is buying more than needed, which leads to a waste of money as well.

In addition I also recommend Hello Fresh to anyone looking for convenience, reliability and stress free meals.

You can pause deliveries if you need to take a break.

I highly recommend giving it a try!

Horrible Customer Service

I had cancelled my account yet they still sent me out a box that week, luckily I had recently also cancelled my PayPal so they had no way to take money from me for something I didn’t order. Now they won’t stop contacting me demanding the money. I’ve explained I didn’t want the box and cannot afford a random $70 for nothing. But they only seem to care about their money and not their customers. Their food was okay but every single week there were vegetables bruised and brown. Would not recommend!!

Plan NameVeggie Plan

Bad experience

Orders never came. Customer service doesn’t care. Still trying to get my $$ back. Signed up for a trial for one free box. Lost $60 with nothing to show for it. Would not recommend.

Terrible Customer Service

Apart from being sent vegetables that have seen better days, products that had exploded inside the box from being thrown around, when I needed them to cancel for a wk and refund the money they had literally taken minutes before I contacted them they refused. So they have gained one wks money but lost the months of regular service I would have paid for. I didn't mind buying my own carrots to replace the old ones they sent but bad customer service has forced me to cancel for good and try another service.

Never again!

I got the box delivered to the wrong address, I tried to contact them they promised to send an email so I can fill a form for the refund, but instead they closed my account and never returned my money. I will make sure to tell everyone I know what a scam Hello Fresh is.

LOVE IT!!

My wife and I are both professionals who live busy lives. We are sick of ubereats for dinner, but lack the time to shop daily or even weekly for food. We also hate the old "whats for dinner" discussion. Hello Fresh's food is awesome. Tastes great, easy to make, and very little mess. It has also cut down on waste in our weekly shop and im 100% convinced we are savings money. Try this system you wont be disappointed.

Plan NameClassic Plan

Worst customer service and communication

Tried to help my roommate try HF. Their system wouldn't allow it as I at the same address had already had HF. Talked to customer service and got a thumbs up and they fixed it. Came round to the delivery day and her order didn't arrive. First customer service person lied and said the delivery was running late. The next customer service was rude and said the their accounts team cancelled the order. No one told her that it had been cancelled. No emails or calls. It is quite pathetic. Now my roommate doesnt have time to organise an alternative. So she cancelled her account, I cancelled mine, so did my sister and mum. So HF has lost business for being terrible. I would recommend finding a service that actually cares about their customers.

A FREE TRIAL BOX IS NOT FREE

Beware and reject all free trials and gift boxes. Guaranteed you will pay for 1 regular order to get your trial/free box. Finding the cancellation tick box is like playing Wheres Wally. No apologies or acknowledgment from HelloFresh that the cancellation option should be more visible pr a free trial should be exactly that without first signing up to a subscription!

Unauthorized Transaction - No Refund or Cancellation

I just called Hello Fresh to explain that money had been taken out of my account without my permission for an unauthorized order.
Their response was that they could not cancel the box - which will now be a waste as I am not home to collect it - and they could not refund me the money as it would put THEM out of pocket. I confirmed I did not receive any notifications via text or email about this job. It was also confirmed that the customer service representative could see I was not actively using the account, however there was still no leeway.

Therefore, I have just paid for a weeks worth of moldy food.

There only advice - read the T's & C's. Thanks for the box of moldy food HelloFresh.

Timely DeliveryNo

Free trial, purposely don't send any emails till after the cutoff so you forget to unsubscribe.

Purchased the free trial and totally forgot about it.
Absolutely no emails received from hello fresh.
Then exactly the day after the next week cutoff, BAM!. "you unlocked weeks of FREE meals for friends"
Dodgy.

Too much communication

The meals are fine but be prepared to get bombarded with the most inordinate amount of correspondence. The marketing never stops, it’s relentless. If it’s just easy, relatively healthy meals you want then go somewhere else.

scam on free box for friends

created account for friend set up to get free box, cancelled straight away so they didn't get the next weeks payment taken out, and seems that cancelled the order. waited for their delivery, rang hello fresh asking where it is they said no you cancelled the account so no delivery, so asking how do they get the box for free trial she said we don't do free trial you can give them a box but they must be set up for the next week. p**sed me off big time. nothing like feeling bad cause you told people not to buy food then no sorry your not getting any

Very very disappointing

Ordered box. Gift from a friend Box never arrives with no contact from Hello Fresh. Just did it turn up. Had email confirmation with purchase, Delivery time & cost. No apology