HelloFresh

HelloFresh

3.7 from 3,418 reviews

hidden fees are REALLY hidden

Just wanted to share this. So after I signed up for a 3 meal plan and which I paid for the meals, the next day I was hit with further charges. According to hello fresh, the meals I ‘selected’ (meals weren’t selected they were set to a default) had an extra lunch option. So this extra lunch ‘option’ which cost $11 a meal which was not specified in the checkout price has now been charged to me. Tried to call and asking for an explanation and was told a refund would not be issued as this order had already been completed. Avoid this meal plan and/or read the fine print which seemed non existent until explained when further charges were added the next day.

Plan NameClassic Plan

Recipes ok but quality of fresh produce not up to standard

I cancelled my subscription earlier this week after trying it for 4 weeks. In general the vegetarian recipes were tasty and were reasonably varied.
The quality of some of the fresh produce has been hit and miss. For example, cucumbers don't last for 4 days in the fridge. My last meal was a spaghetti meal with cherry tomatoes and spinach. 5 days after delivery (everything properly refrigerated) I had to throw out some of the tomatoes, half the spinach and all the basil. The sachet with chilli flakes contained 2 crumbs of chilli - not even enough to make up the pinch that was supposed to be included!
Glad I made the choice to stop before the next delivery was locked in.

Makes Dinners Easy!

My partner and I have been getting HelloFresh for about 4 months now and we have never had any major issues with the company. The box will always arrive on time. The food is amazing, we have never had a meal we don't like! We save a fortune on groceries and it also saves time as we don't have to decide what to have for dinner, find a recipe, go to the supermarket and THEN cook. It's already all there for you. On the rare occasion that a product appears to be less than fresh, we have always contacted customer service and never had an issue, they always will give us a credit.
The only negative I have to say about Hello Fresh is that they never reward their loyal customers with discounted/free boxes, they only use this on new clients which is not particularly fair.

Not happy

I unsubscribed to hello fresh only go get an email offering 50% off do opened email then closed it next thing I know money has been taken from bank so rang up asking why they said I reactivated so cancelled again only for the the food to arrive so rang hello fresh back for their to b no record of my phone call and no refund back into my account

Not great but not bad

Meal prep is still a hassle especially after work. Price is not as competitive as other competitors. Recipes are generally good but only a few are great. Customer service is also mediocre.

False promotion

I was given a code by a friend for a free box to try. I sighed up and paid $0.95 difference. I wanted to see if that is something for us and cancelled the subscription straight away so that I’m not charged if we decide it’s not for us. Despite the app saying that the next delivery is all good and will be delivered, hello fresh cancelled the free box too and refunded $0.95. I did not notice that until after the delivery date when we actually expected these groceries to come and had to make alternate arrangements when they didn’t show up! I called support and was told that they are not willing to send free boxes if you cancel account straight away. You lost a potential new client hello fresh! Very bad!

Unreliable service!

My 5th HelloFresh box never arrived after following up through the online chat then again on the phone (over 30min in total) to be informed the delivery driver couldn’t find my house! Not sure why this wasn’t communicated until I contacted them! No problem with previous delivery! Was informed my delivery would arrive the following day address confirm ... same thing the following day had to call again to inform them I never received my box. Was informed someone would call me back after waiting 5 hours for a call back I cancel my order! Will be using dinner twist in future local business with local drivers ! Very disappointed with HelloFresh!

Scam, watch out

Kept trying to scam me with "Free boxes" I was actually getting charged for, very shady business model. Can't recommend these as I know a lot of people sign up for a "sample" and only later discover that they've been charged.

Plan NameVeggie Plan

Happy to take money and deliver you goods elsewhere

Order was sent to wrong address, contacted them after noticing there was an issue only to be told they can’t contact the delivery service quickly and maybe I should “go get it from where it will be delivered too”.
Have emailed them twice about this issue with no response, tried Facebook only to have my comment deleted.
They clearly have no interest in keeping customers or making an effort to fix what could of been a very simple problem.

Terrible

Don’t waste your money,
Our order came with sauces smashed in the box and also by 3 all our vegetables had gone mouldy. Requested full refund and would never use again. Don’t waste your time or money definitely not worth it.

Love the meals!

Second week of Hello Fresh and couldn’t be happier! Scored a free box from a friend and now I’m a convert. Beautiful fresh groceries and not that long to prepare the meal . So good not having to think of what to cook 3 times a week. Changed one of my meals for next week with just a few clicks. I doubt I’ll go back to grocery shopping again! Surprised at the negative reviews on here - I’m loving it so far!

Waste of money

I bought the 3 meals over weeks weeks on a groupon, and each week I was charged an additional $9.95 just for delivery. The first delivery said that due to quality of products, some were substituted.
On delivery 3 of 4, my beans in one of the meals had gone mouldy by day 4, the carrots had gone soft and limp, and the herbs had gone slimy. In addition to this one of the sachets of fried onions had a big slit in it, and the contents were all through the bag. By delivery 4, the salmon had a used by date of within four days of the delivery, and the chicken within 5 days of the delivery. These products supplied should be good to use on day 7 before the next delivery, not having to use it within a few days.
When I raised the issue to customer service, I received responses from two different people. I personally prefer a more personal experience of customer service, so this was something that I disliked, and I feel this Australian company has sold themselves out by using external countries to deal with their customer service side of things.
After the conclusion I was offered a $14 credit to use on future deliveries, however Im not planning on using Hellofresh again, so it is wasted on me.
I would recommend for the price that you go out and buy the ingredients yourself, because that is all you are paying for plus extra for delivery. I would even go so far as to say the ingredients at coles and woolies are better, because at least the veg and herbs are washed there.

Uncontactable

I tried to try HelloFresh with a voucher from my daughter. Joined, ordered, paid. Next thing got an email saying they couldn't fulfill my order for a 2nd time. ?
I replied saying this is the first order, to my office address....
No Reply and got a refund in the bank???
Extremely dissappointed with the company
I'll stay with Youfoodz

overpriced, strange ordering process and sneaky charges

I signed up for my first order. The main page only showed next week's menu, but my order was for a couple of days later than this. I had to pay for my order at the checkout before it would let me see what meals I had to choose from for my delivery date. I used the "chat now" feature and they said this was my only option. Once i paid I was finally able to choose my meals, but when I selected the nicest ones they had an additional charge of almost $12 each. Pretty sneaky since I've already paid and it's not clear on the main page that the best meals are not included in the price they are initially charging.
I have only tried one meal so far and it did taste good, but the prices without discount codes are crazy. 3 days meals almost $80 (including shippping), plus possibly these extra hidden charges? You can buy the ingredients heaps cheaper and more fresh in store. Evening deliveries would be nice too.

Could be better

On occasions I feel vegetables could be better this is just one of many I love my happy box . Also sometimes the meat is nearly a very close to use but date

Consistently Average

I resigned with Hello Fresh with an awesome discount code last week. Previous stopped using the service due to issues with quality. Open the first bag boom mouldy garlic. Open the cold bag...random thickened cream all through it which didn't come from my container??

Two major issues

First issue being off chicken well in date the smell is horrible when you open up the package. It’s now happened several times. The second was i stopped receiving hello fresh when overseas and got home to a voucher for a free box when I reactivated my account they charged me anyway. We won’t be returning to hello fresh.

Plan NameClassic Plan

Sneaky, unethical etc etc etc

Had paused service for a few weeks. They decided not to send the courtesy email as usual when pause was coming to an end. We saw the transaction go through from Hello Fresh on our bank account and contacted them immediately. They refused to cancel the order or refund money even though there was five days to go before delivery and half our family were going to be away that week!

Automated Email system has always sent reminders to us when orders are due to be confirmed, so it would seem they deliberately blocked them this time to avoid us pausing again. I see from reviews they have done this to others as well. So appears to be getting done intentionally to increase revenue. Regret having previously recommended this brand to family and friends.

Do not trust them. Look elsewhere

Unreliable Service

HelloFresh is a food delivery service that can't even deliver their food. I have been told twice via support my box will arrive and after 2 weeks, multiple confirmations, it has not.

Their packaging is harmful to the environment. So if you actually care about the world we live in, you shouldn't promote something so harmful to the envirmoment.

Their support team are full of empty promises and just it's like a merry-go-round to deal with them.

Plan NameVeggie Plan

Keep receiving rotten chicken!

The recipes are pretty nice, however, we pay $110 per week to receive 5 meals for 2 people, on multiple occasions we receive chicken that is well within its use by date that is rotten when opened. It's clear they are not being refrigerated properly prior to delivery to the customer.

When questioned about the meals they offer to refund chicken however it happens every second week so it's really not worth paying a premium when you need to go shops for parts of it yourself.

There are other business' out there, I would try them before this average company.