HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Listing monitored by HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (12) · No (2)
Ronelle V.
Ronelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Hif does not pay for COVID-19 testing

Thanks HIF for not assisting your customers during a global pandemic!

HIF does not cover the cost of testing for COVID-19!

Your health insurance is USELESS!

Been paying our monthly contributions $305 for the past 2 years and never used a benefit, this is how you take care of your customers!?

2020 Gold cover tricks, greed & ripping off

HIF has been great for years until 2020 when they got greedy and decided that our cover would no longer include excess free day procedures or private room in hospital.

Covered when you need

My wife was admitted for emergency back surgery. Very stressful situation. I spoke to HIF literally 30min before she was admitted and they were very helpful with the process etc
HIF were there when we needed and I would recommend.
Thanks!

Shall do! Thanks!!

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

Pre-Existing clause seems to be an easy out

Never been so disappointed as a fund that focuses on being not for profit for the benefit of members...what a joke. Family cover that is beyond ridiculously expensive to then use the pre-existing condition clause. Got the call today to say declining claim and I will be declining your services as I am already looking for a new provider. Been with HIF since 2007 and will not come back. You have had enough money out of me. So I am left with a daughter with lifelong potential fertility issues, I would of been better saving all the money I have given you and paying for the service myself. Worst service I have ever experienced. I have already started getting quotes from other providers.

BenPerth, WA

Worst health care ever

Been with hif for years, upgraded to the top cover ten months ago. My wife needed urgent exploratory surgery, hif had over a week to investigate whether it was pre existing or not and now on the day we had to postpone the surgery because hif wouldn't cover us. I'm paying 240 a fortnight and both the gp and the surgeon signed the form to say it was not pre existing. Worst health cover.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

had a bad experience with hif never taking this insurance service. Don't loot people's money

Had a bad experience with hif. I took a policy but i cancelled before start a date but they debited from account. I requested them for refund they denied to refund.

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best private health

I have been a member for 5+ years and have added my wife and now newborn son to our cover. The cover is brilliant and covers all our needs for a affordable price. Every time I have contacted HIF the staff are so friendly and helpful. Every claim I have made has been paid and the team make sure everything is sorted so promptly.

Julie S.
Julie S.Sydney, NSW

Touch and go

Ravshan U.
Ravshan U.Perth, WA

I can't be more thankful!

I was with them from early 2011 till 2013 on overseas visitor hospital cover. My wife joined a few month later.
11 month after my wife joining HIF our first child was born and needed intensive care, and hospital costs came to about 20k. Due to her not having completed 12 month waiting period HIF first declined to cover these costs. However after I mentioned that they have earlier had told me over the phone that it would be covered (wrongly assuming me and my wife joined at the same time), they quickly (within hour) investigated the recorded calls and told me they will accept the claim.
We were of course over the moon! That time 20k was hell lot of money that we didn't have.
Belated thanks to HIF!

Ann
AnnSydney, NSW

Just simply avoid them at all costs

Poor customer service.
Been a loyal customer for 5 years.
Membership was cancelled due to credit card being compromised. Was busy completely forgot to update my payment details until i received an email from them advise membership cancelled. Call them to sort thing out and they said i can't payback the owing amount, membership already cancelled cannot be reinstate. Forcing me to rejoin on a new policy and having to reserve my waiting period again.

Just avoid them please. Very disappointed.

Mrs APerth, WA

A very happy HIF member.

Mrs A

David, what a lovely response! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and caring reply. My husband and I are doing great now thanks, both happy and healthy thanks to HIF. :) Take care and keep up the great work!

Unethical and poor customer service

Tristan
Tristan
Chris
Chris

Dishonest and keep your money

I rang HIF on 31 March to cancel my health insurance policy, with an effective cancel date of 4 April. On 5 April I found that HIF had charged my credit card for another month's insurance. I rang HIF and they assured me a refund would be issued on my card for the month's insurance within a week. It is now 20 April and I have yet to receive a refund.

It's not bad enough that HIF charged my card after I cancelled, but now they are holding on to the funds. It should not take more than 2 weeks to issue a refund! Very poor service and outdated processes. They still haven't implemented the ability to change payment methods on their online portal.

John
JohnPerth, WA

Left HIF after many years

Began with HIF in 1976 but recent events have disappointed me with their lack of integrity and service. Received a letter to say that due to a postage error HIF our personal details had been compromised. Rang call centre to get more info....very abrupt and dismissive operator. Asked to speak to team leader....couldn’t connect told the TL would call back...didn’t. Through iSelect compared covers and have now joined NIB and saved nearly $1400 per year.

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service :(

kevin b
kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess
Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions