Kazza

KazzaPerth

Worst health care

Policy is misleading and frankly a complete wrought.
Seemed that whatever we needed cover for, it wasnt covered. Also signed up specifically for Ambulance cover and am told we dont have it. When I asked for the original quotes and voice recordings (which is what they told me they were getting to verify I never asked for ambulance) they dont have them (convenient) and requested I send the info to them!
I somehow went from a gold plan (card says gold, app says bronze) to a bronze plan, not that it matters because anything you need covered, well it isnt.

Looking at replacements have only found one other that tries to sting you an extras cost for ambulance.
They cover stuff medicare covers, they are a total waste of money

Under 30No

Ren

RenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Poor customer service, lapsed my policy under misleading information.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Sales manager13Cairns

Poor communication, useless web site

Still waiting for a $150 gift card, now 7 months.
The new web site is a total disaster, insufficient information regarding my policy.
You now have to phone to get your remaining extras amounts, this entails a very long wait for you call to be answered.
WA is not that far from Qld but it could be on the other side of the World when dealing with this company.

TristanMelbourne

Excellent value and coverage for the price until I claimed for crutches!

Claim DateAugust 2019
Tristan

I've updated the review after recent events

AnjuSydney, NSW

It is a big scam

I took a HIF policy with their promise of $150 FPOS card. Please look out for this as this is a big scam. It has been 3.5 months and the card hasn't reached me yet. I have called them atleast 4 times already. The 1st call they told me that it will only be dispatched after 3 months of holding the policy. Then I called them again on 12th June they said it will be dispatched on the 14th, and today is 19th and i haven't still received it. It is a big big scam. Don't get a policy wit HIF

Membership no is 166398

AntsSydney, NSW

Time to switch

Recently received notice from HIF that my Goldstarter hospital cover will be changed to Bronze Plus starter hospital ( because of the reforms).
Letter mentioned how great the new cover will be and listed the cover inclusions/exclusions however what HIF FAILED to mention is that AMBULANCE COVER will no longer be offered under their hospital policies. I'm a NSW resident, so being informed that ambulance cover will not be available is important to know.
I think HIF is seriously in breach of product disclosure/changes and I will be escalating this matter to the Industry ombudsman.

Rachel Lee

Rachel LeePerth, WA

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

LPE

LPE

Ok, but the quality is going down year after year

Hi, Been with HIF for a few years now (I think close to about 6+ years), and didnt have any real issues.. While hospital cover was good, the extras was not. Anyway, kept increasing the premiums, so decided to shift to another provider who was cheaper with better coverage! Feel the service and coverage is going down.. they started discontinuing a few products and the service is not as good as it used to be.

I will be shifting shortly.. HIF - life your game or you will start loosing customers (like me, for example, who have been with you and loyal..)..

Cheers.

Coverage TypeFamily
Fifi

FifiPerth, WA

Unexplained rise for pregnancy cover

A joke - be warned!

Just over 2 years, nothing like it was presented, the result of a couple of claims was dismal beware of this scamming mob

Cass August

Cass AugustGeelong

Great cover

I signed up to HIF as it was the cheapest option with maternity cover. My hospital cover only included a 3 night stay and I ended up staying 5 nights. I knew I would need to pay a fee for those days and was pleasantly surprised at how low the fee was.
They covered all other aspects of my admission including my elective c-sections costs, and I only had to pay an excess twice, despite being admitted to hospital several times during my pregnancy.
Customer service was also great when I had questions prior to signing up.

Was amazing... unitill they took $800 out of my account

Carlene

CarleneLaunceston

Great service HIF

As a new member with HIF the customer service has been fantastic. A big thank you to Chad and David for sorting out the problem with our previous provider nib. 10 out of 10 for sevice. Thankyou

May 6th 2018 Update: excellent service

the policy was great value very easy to set up excellent customer support. very friendly and informative staff. I would recommend hif 100% to anyone looking for a private health fund.

LMm

LMmPerth

Great Service

Back in January this year, we received an ambulance bill, for one of the kids, I was panicking about how we would pay this amount and my partner suggested contacting HIF to see if it was covered and it was!! Such a big relief, process was explained, forms posted to us, very straight forward process. Very pleased and am happy to be supporting a WA NFP business.

Quality Assured

Quality AssuredPerth, WA

The opposite of customer care or service

Horrible, never again

I had 2 medical problems. First, something in my head that I needed a GP, they couldn't give me an appointment for before than 1 week, I couldn't wait and they didn't pay me nothing for the other GP. The second time I went to emergency hospital because of a cut in my leg, 12 stitches, and they didn't cover me any 1 dollar from de 1200 that I had to pay. Never again

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Premium increase too much this time...

We have been with HIF for some time and have just received advice of the premium increase on April 1st and HIF is the highest I have seen at 10.5% which smacks in the face of Government advice that the average would be 3.5%. Going to be searching for another provider to switch to.

Alfie
Alfie
HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Perfect service. Couldn't be more helpful.

Wanted to share my recent experience with HIF. I was a bit shocked at the size of an ambulance bill. HIF took care of it within a day! They were efficient and helpful. Matt from claims was exceptional dealing with my claim in a timely manner. I signed the claims form, sent it in and didn't have to pay a cent. This really highlights to me the value of my Special Options cover with HIF and I was simply delighted with the service. In what otherwise could have been a very stressful time, HIF were happy to answer my questions and alleviate my worries immediately as well as take care of the bill as soon as I sent it in. This I why I am with HIF and feel confident working with them. Thank you guys. :)

Refusal of Cover for alleged Pre-existing ailment

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow- I was given the go ahead by HIF. I later receive a call from the hospital saying I cannot have my surgery because I have a pre-existing condition and am only covered from July 17. My surgery is not pre-existing and has occurred due to sudden developments. I am furious and extremely distressed by this turn of events. My case is being reviewed and with some common sense I can go ahead for surgery tomorrow. If not - a thunderstorm of action is going to rain down upon HIF.

P Tran

P TranMelbourne

One of the cheaper covers

I only needed health insurance for tax purposes and so signed up for this one. It was the best value from what I can tell, and there was a $50 off coupon online for it too. I don't plan on claiming on anything so if you want what is called a "junk cover", this is a good option.

Glen E.

Glen E.asked

Hi what’s the monthly free for 2 adults without pegnacy but with Hospital cover?

Glen,

When I joined it was prior to the Government changes to hospital cover.
They supplied a package that would not let you exclude birth services.
Different now, you can select Silver I believe, same as gold with out all the weight loss, birth services.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Glen, thanks for getting in touch. :)

You’ll be pleased to hear that all our Hospital policies except our Gold Star Hospital Cover option exclude maternity cover. Here’s a quick link for more info on our hospital cover options which may be useful: www.hif.com.au/hospital.

I’m afraid though, it’s a bit tricky to provide an accurate quotation straight away as our prices differ based on a number of variables (including your state, rebate eligibility, the type of cover you would like, e.g. Hospital only or Hospital and Extras etc).

Would it suit for one of our product experts to give you a quick call to confirm these details? That way, they’ll be able to discuss our policy options with you and provide a detailed quotation (obligation free of course!). If that sounds ok, please can you email your contact details to social@hif.com.au and I’ll be happy to schedule that in for you. Alternatively, you can also obtain an online quote by visiting www.hif.com.au/quote.

Many thanks,
Carly.

M&M

M&Masked

I have gold cover with HIF and I would like to know if it covers skin removal after bariatric gastric sleeve. My membership number is 43811. Would you mind emailing The answer via email and this page. Thanking u in advance

Hello M&M,

Thanks for your question. Provided it has been deemed medically necessary by Medicare, skin removal is certainly included on your Gold Hospital policy. To confirm any out-of-pockets expenses though, I do need some additional information from you. Has your specialist given you a treatment plan, which includes the applicable Medicare item numbers and associated charges? If so, please can you email them directly to me on social@hif.com.au and I’ll ensure a medical estimate is completed for you.

Many thanks,

Carly Stewart

Hester Tosen

Hester Tosenasked

I am a member (Gold) No : 158127 . I have two inplants done and paid for. I now have to have the two teeth done, am I covered at all for the teeth. Please let me know by my email. Greetings Hester Tosen

Hi Hester,

Thanks for getting in touch. As requested, I forwarded your enquiry to our member experience team and a consultant will be in touch shortly to assist you.

Warm regards,