HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (7)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (2)

LawStudy
LawStudy

Turn up in emergency room and the full insurance is worthless for admission privately

PG18
PG18Melbourne

Still waiting for refund, very unhappy, no reply to email

I signed up with HIF and cancelled in my cooling off period as I feel the amount they pay back on extras is very small. Despite giving them 5-10 minutes of my time when they called me, it has been two weeks and they still have over $4,000 of my money. I sent another follow up and they didn't respond. GIVE ME MY MONEY.

• Claim Made No
opensea64
opensea64

Read the fine print if you can find it!!! Also $8000 in medical costs no payout!

MAD
MAD

DIFFICULT!!!!

I have been lodging an extras claim for months now only to be told over and over that the document I have submitted is incorrect. I was asked to submit an itemised account from the merchant and so I emailed them to ask for it. The merchant obviously sent me a tax invoice which is an itemised bill. But HIF refuse to acknowledge this and still demand that I send an “itemised bill”. I then asked HIF what is an itemised bill and isn’t that the same as a tax invoice?! I AM DONE. It’s disappointing that you keep increasing premiums but is making it difficult to make claims!!!! I would have rated this ZERO star if I can!

• Claim Made Yes

Ant
AntSydney, NSW

The type of service you'd expect from a health insurance provider

Ronelle V.
Ronelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Hif does not pay for COVID-19 testing

Thanks HIF for not assisting your customers during a global pandemic!

HIF does not cover the cost of testing for COVID-19!

Your health insurance is USELESS!

Been paying our monthly contributions $305 for the past 2 years and never used a benefit, this is how you take care of your customers!?

Loge
Loge

2020 Gold cover tricks, greed & ripping off

HIF has been great for years until 2020 when they got greedy and decided that our cover would no longer include excess free day procedures or private room in hospital.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Covered when you need

My wife was admitted for emergency back surgery. Very stressful situation. I spoke to HIF literally 30min before she was admitted and they were very helpful with the process etc
HIF were there when we needed and I would recommend.
Thanks!

Shall do! Thanks!!

Pre-Existing clause seems to be an easy out

Never been so disappointed as a fund that focuses on being not for profit for the benefit of members...what a joke. Family cover that is beyond ridiculously expensive to then use the pre-existing condition clause. Got the call today to say declining claim and I will be declining your services as I am already looking for a new provider. Been with HIF since 2007 and will not come back. You have had enough money out of me. So I am left with a daughter with lifelong potential fertility issues, I would of been better saving all the money I have given you and paying for the service myself. Worst service I have ever experienced. I have already started getting quotes from other providers.

BenPerth, WA

Worst health care ever

Been with hif for years, upgraded to the top cover ten months ago. My wife needed urgent exploratory surgery, hif had over a week to investigate whether it was pre existing or not and now on the day we had to postpone the surgery because hif wouldn't cover us. I'm paying 240 a fortnight and both the gp and the surgeon signed the form to say it was not pre existing. Worst health cover.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)Send a private message

had a bad experience with hif never taking this insurance service. Don't loot people's money

Had a bad experience with hif. I took a policy but i cancelled before start a date but they debited from account. I requested them for refund they denied to refund.

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best private health

I have been a member for 5+ years and have added my wife and now newborn son to our cover. The cover is brilliant and covers all our needs for a affordable price. Every time I have contacted HIF the staff are so friendly and helpful. Every claim I have made has been paid and the team make sure everything is sorted so promptly.

Julie S.
Julie S.Sydney, NSW

Touch and go

Ravshan U.
Ravshan U.Perth, WA

I can't be more thankful!

I was with them from early 2011 till 2013 on overseas visitor hospital cover. My wife joined a few month later.
11 month after my wife joining HIF our first child was born and needed intensive care, and hospital costs came to about 20k. Due to her not having completed 12 month waiting period HIF first declined to cover these costs. However after I mentioned that they have earlier had told me over the phone that it would be covered (wrongly assuming me and my wife joined at the same time), they quickly (within hour) investigated the recorded calls and told me they will accept the claim.
We were of course over the moon! That time 20k was hell lot of money that we didn't have.
Belated thanks to HIF!

Ann
AnnSydney, NSW

Just simply avoid them at all costs

Poor customer service.
Been a loyal customer for 5 years.
Membership was cancelled due to credit card being compromised. Was busy completely forgot to update my payment details until i received an email from them advise membership cancelled. Call them to sort thing out and they said i can't payback the owing amount, membership already cancelled cannot be reinstate. Forcing me to rejoin on a new policy and having to reserve my waiting period again.

Just avoid them please. Very disappointed.