Hipod Roma

Hipod Roma

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hipod

4.2
    Sez
    SezGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wasn't expecting good quality. But 100% is.

I had already bought mother's choice car seat online through target for $169.00 which is amazing then couple weeks lately I was searching for the same brand too buy second when I came across hipod Roma for a fraction of the price $129.00 and saw how great the reviews were. Once I payed and received my second car seat via postage I said to myself I wish I found this the first time I purchased online through target. Amazing quality definitely will grow with one of my new born twins highly recommend! Either way I got two great car seats from target online.

Support C.HipodSend a private message

Hi Sez, thanks for your review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Aranciata-ozSydney

Good enough & very light

Support C.HipodSend a private message

Thank you for your review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss the movement of the seat with us in further detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team

Emmz
    EmmzHobart

Good all round seat

This seat is easy to install and use. My child seems comfy and nearly always falls asleep when riding in this seat. As for cleaning i find removing the cover a bit tricky as the harness needs to bed removed to take the cover off, considering the price is reasonably low compared to many other seats on the market, this seat is most definitely worth taking a look at.

Support C.HipodSend a private message

Hi Emma, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Ash
    Ash

Comfortable and affordable

I had ordered this car seat online from Target for my 18 months old son. It is comfortable and very lightweight. My little one enjoys the drive seated comfortably and securely in this car seat. Being lightweight, its very easy to carry around as well. It is medium padded which gives more space and comfort to my little bub during the long drives. Overall a good product for its very affordable price.

Karthik
    KarthikMelbourne

Does a good job for it's price.

I had ordered it online from Target and it arrived in a nicely packaged box. Lifting the box itself gave me an idea that it is very lightweight. I also had a doubt till I unboxed it whether it would fulfil all the basic requirements of a car seat since it was so light. But I was surprised after I opened it and set it up. For it's price, it was comfortable enough for my kid and I was also able to strap him securely in place. It is easy also to carry it around since it is lightweight. Overall, it is an affordable car seat that serves it's intended purpose.

Ella
    EllaDaleys point

Worst car seat

It's so awkward to strap the baby in this seat, straps are always twisted and securing the straps when you are in a hurry will make you swear. Don't feel my baby is safe in this seat. Also the sides are too prominent, baby can't see you if you seat next to her. Our brother in law bought it for us and we are about to change it.

Wenyi
    Wenyi

babies love it

I never thought there were any differences between various car seats. My second baby used this seat and she was really calm in the car compared to how my first child was. I had put it down to personality but recently my first child sat in the seat and said it was more comfortable than hers and that led me to think that their different level of tolerance for the car had something to do with the car seat. So if it's the seat that led to a calm baby in the car, then that's the best car seat.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
    A Murphy
    A Murphy

Good affordable seat

We didn’t go all out on a car seat because we only drive a few times a month. This seat does exactly what we need and is rear facing to 12 months. Our baby is a happy traveler so it mustn’t be uncomfortable.

I do find it easy to accidentally forget to tighten the side strap that holds the seat in place while rear facing. On a few occasions I’ve had to pull over because I’ve neglected to do it, if it was somehow more obvious I would have rated 5 stars.

We’ve had a couple of vomit incidents in it but you wouldn’t know. The cover is removable so cleaning is pretty easy.

Andrew
    AndrewPerth

Excellent Car seat. Easy to Set up

The car seat was easy to install and easy to use. My son found this seat very comfortable as he always falls asleep in the seat (And stays asleep!). Cleaning is pretty easy and storage was ok. I would recommend this seat to others as it provided more padding than the other seats I had looked at the same price point.

Seb
    SebPerth

Great seat very similar to the expensive one in the other car

I grabbed this seat for my work car, I was a little worried about buying such a cheap seat that it wouldn't be as nice for the little man.
    Installing it into a hilux was difficult, though that more about the hilux then the seat. My son seems to enjoy this seat more then his other seat.

Support C.HipodSend a private message

Hi Seb, thank you for taking the time to leave the above review. We're glad your little one is enjoying his seat. Warm regards, the Hipod team.

Ron
    RonCoolangatta

Great baby seat

Very good seat for the price. Very easy to install and It will get bubs right through to 4 years without the need to change seats or spend more money.
    Made from Quality materials
    Buying online was simple and I got it after 3 days it saved a trip to the store.

Support C.HipodSend a private message

Hi Ron, thank you for taking the time to leave the above review. We're glad to hear you found our car seat easy to install and of high quality! Warm regards, the Hipod team.

N. James
    N. James

Fantastic car seat

This is an all around fantastic car seat, my 3.5year old can still rearface in it.
    Recline is fantastic! Super comfy! Even my car seat hating child loves this seat.

Only down fall is installing, i have installed many car seats and this is the most difficult, especially to install forward facing i would highly recommend a fitter unless you 100% know what your doing.

Myer
    Myer

Good value car seat

Easy to install. Good value, we bought this for my husbands ute for occasional trips with our son. Our son actually prefers this car seat to our more expensive Britax, the buckle doesn’t press into him as much and he sits more upright so can see more out the window. We don’t use it that often so cleaning hasn’t been an issue. I do worry that it’s not quite as safe as the more expensive ones. It just feels a little less secure - my toddler has more room to move around, it doesn’t keep them strapped in as well, which I imagine wouldn’t be good in an accident - but I’m not an expert and it’s passed all the Australian car seat certification checks so I’m comfortable using it for short trips.

jt14
    jt14Darling Downs, QLD

Wow! Strong built, carefully designed

Hipod Roma car seat is carefully designed for newborns and very easy to install. The seat cover can be removed for cleaning. We wash it on Cold temperatures with minimal spins. Initially we were concerned about its fitting but good one.
    Even though it is at lower price level than its peers, it does its job with perfection. The only drawback I see is it is usable only till 4yrs of age. Should be something like newborn to 8years. Am I asking bit too much ehh? hehe

moviestar1958
    moviestar1958Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Could be a little better

We chose this seat because it was the cheapest at the time but i now wish we had shopped around a little more. Bub is at the wriggly stage (8 months old) and placing him in the seat is a real battle. Maybe all car seats are the same when it comes to wriggly babies? We need to keep bub down as low as possible to enable the seat belt to pass over his arms. Once this is done, the harness clicks in very easily. It seems comfy enough with thick padding but i think the fabric might be on the warm side in the summer and i will be looking for a coolish liner. We paid someone to install the seat even though it is one of the easiest seats to install. Adjusting the seat belt is fairly easy.