Hisense 453L Bottom Mount

26 questions from our users

Isobelasked

453L Bottom Mount

Lights at the front of fridge are turning off to show blank settings but when the door is opened, it reverts back to normal for about two minutes and then turns off. Can anyone make a suggestion? Isobel

Hi Isobel,

I can confirm this is completely normal and designed this way to save energy and cannot be adjusted.
Please don't hesitate to call 1800 447 367 or email service.au@hisense.com if you have any further questions.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ben - Customer Relations
Hisense Australia

Many thanks.

Keith

Keithasked

453L Bottom Mount

I managed to acquire a Very Neat HR6BMFF435SD unit from someone that brought it back from Australia.
The issues is that the 'EF' error has appeared, see that the Freezer Fan does not work.
As with other Very Unhappy customers, the Freezer partially works by 'Convection' only, No Fridge Cooling.
The Freezer Fan is Not Working .... :-( :-( :-( .
Looking at the Fan Motor sales online, this seems to be constant issue and should have been a 'Product Recall' to remedy the Problem.
Please advise what other remedies are available, besides spending about $500+ ..... Without Any Guarantee that the problem will be permanently remedied.
Such a pity that this great looking Name and Unit has to be 'Besmudged' by a Very Common problem.
Looking forward to your urgent reply ....
Keith
Christchurch, NZ

annetteD

annetteDasked

453L Bottom Mount

Can anyone please tell me if there is a light in the freezer section in this fridge. We bought it about a month ago from harvey norman and I didn't realize there was no light until I got some frozen meat out without the kitchen lights on. Difficult task when there was no freezer light!!!!

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , This unit ONLY has a light in the fridge.

yespleaseasked

HR6BMFF453S (453L, Silver)

Hi all. A week ago, I got this Hisense model fridge (HR6BMFF453S) delivered and installed.

It seems to be working fine, except there is one problem: it makes a constant rapid clicking noise. It's loud enough that we can often hear from the other side of the room with the TV on. Most of the time I walk past the fridge, it's making the noise.

It seems to be coming from the bottom half of the appliance (freezer compartment) – towards the back. When I pull out the fridge and check the back, it's coming from around the section where the power cord originates from. The noise predominantly occurs between much quieter whooshes of air, which I can hear occurring inside the fridge.

I've never heard a fridge make this clicking sound before. Is anyone else experiencing this noise with their fridge or is it just me? Any advice?

Tao H.
Tao H.

I had the same problem. I regret having bought it. Have you got a solution?

yesplease

Not really. I called HiSense Support who told me to return it to the store as a DOA.

The store brought over another one which I have been using for about 2 months now. The new one still makes a similar noise, but it's overall a bit quieter. Still annoying though.

I've also had other issues with this fridge, like the metal bracket falling off the back and dragging along the floor. Eventually (after a bit of a headache) a technician was sent, who basically just ripped off the bracket and called it fixed.

My impression on this fridge is that it's cheap. It also makes a few other weird noises which - some on a daily basis. I also regret having bought it.

Return it if you can.

uyapo m.

uyapo m.asked

453L Bottom Mount

I replaced the fan motor with a new one for my hisense fridge but it still display the EF code
How do i remove the code?

Belinda L.

Belinda L.asked

453L Bottom Mount

I have just bought a Hisense 514L bottom mount fridge. Everything in freezer rock hard. Nothing will cool in fridge compartment. Anyone have same problem?

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry.

Wayne L.

Wayne L.asked

453L Bottom Mount

Y do lights on front for temperature keep going out

Dean

Deanasked

453L Bottom Mount

My hr6bmff520s 520L won’t cool the top fridge but the bottom freezer works fine, what can I do or check

Joseph D.

Joseph D.asked

How to adjust temperature from hisense 514 L side by side water dispenser

Tahir S.

Tahir S.asked

453L Bottom Mount

Hi I have the 520 model and it stopped working. When you plug in you can hear a little click from behind where the compressor is but it doesn't start. Any ideas? Cheers

Wendy H.

Wendy H.asked

453L Bottom Mount

what does the code EF mean

Ben S.Hisense

Hi Wendy ,The EF error code indicates a problem has been detected with the freezer fan motor (evaporator fan), If you call Hisense directly one of our friendly staff will be able to assist you further.

Mary-Ann D.

Mary-Ann D.asked

453L Bottom Mount

Hi, I have just purchased and installed the HR6BMFF453C Fridge/Freezer. Your manual says the desired tilt to the back is 10-15mm, ours is more like 40-45mm, how can we rectify this?

Garry

Garryasked

453L Bottom Mount

what temp should the fridge be set at also freezer? Just took delivery of new fridge, no manual.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry or alternatively if you look on to our website you should be able to find the manual.

Sharon C.

Sharon C.asked

453L Bottom Mount

I have my freezer set at -14 but everything was like a rock so I checked the temperature with a Thermometer and it reads -35.7. I’ve got the fridge set at 3 and the thermometer says 6.4???? The fridge is also very noisy.

P harkin

P harkinasked

453L Bottom Mount

My hisense fridge freezer is showing a f2 code on display what does this mean?

Tracy J
Tracy J

Mine too, did you figure it out?

Lucie

Lucieasked

453L Bottom Mount

My alarm keeps beeping and I always have to press the alarm bottom and it stops. Then when opening the fridge again it starts. Also what is the right temperature for freezer? And fridge? Got freezer on 19 and fridge on 3. Thank you

Lynn G

Lynn Gasked

453L Bottom Mount

How do I make the fridge alarm louder I can hardly hear it, I keep pushing the alarm button but no change to volume thanks

Kingy

Kingyasked

453L Bottom Mount

i have a hr6bmff520d and the alarm goes off every time you open the door, the display stays lit after the door has been closed, 2 minutes later the alarm starts sounding. the doors are closed properly, nothing holding them open. even tried unplugging for 10 minutes. its about 18 to 24 months old

Gezza

There is a computer behind that front screen and wires from that to the motherboard at the back. So hard to tell what would cause that, perhaps start with the door computer. If it's under warranty take advantage of it. If not you'll have to call a Fridge Tech. Good Luck!

Pixel G.
Pixel G.

Hi Kingy, the issue will be you freezer Reed switch or the magnet on the door is not lining up against the Reed switch, best way to test is to get a magnet and put our against the bottom center, and see if lights will turn off.

Minion

Minionasked

453L Bottom Mount

I have a hisense hr6bmff435sd wuth the fridge at the top & freezer at bottom & my display controls are blank & wont light up. any ideas?

Gezza

No sorry could be anything. Silly question but is it plugged in correctly? Otherwise you'll have to get a Service person to come and check it out.

Beck D.
Beck D.

I have the same problem did you find out what was wrong?

Mbalibl

Mbaliblasked

453L Bottom Mount

Good day we bought a Hisense fridge / freezer with 2 draws the freezer is cooling but the fridge is warm and the fridge is making loud noises. What could be the fault?

HeatherB
HeatherB

Mine did the same and the fan in the panel in the top of the fridge needed replacing. Hisense did mine under warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives