Hitachi RAS25/35/50/60/70/80YHA

Hitachi RAS25/35/50/60/70/80YHA

RAS25YHA (2.5kW), RAS60YHA (6.2kW), RAS50YHA (5.0kW), etc...

See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The best units for our Oz climate

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Himani Aggarwal

Himani AggarwalDocklands

Awesome Product

I have been using this for 6 years now and never got disappointed. Servicing this including cleaning the filter is very easy to do. It comes with both cooling and heating options. It doesn't make any noise at all while operating unlike other air conditioners I've used in the past

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Kr I sa

Kr I saAdelaide

Only average.very noisy on high fan suggest dakin better

You get what you pay for.
Fujitsu better unit.
Wish now I had bought fujitsu.
Also think daikin a better unit.
Seems slow to respond to remote and very noisy on high fan.
Not enough to claim warranty.just enough to be annoying .
Fujitsu dealer Mannix not co operative as special instal.
So went with hitachi dealer.
Unfortunately unit not as good from previous experience with fujitsu.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Foodie Wanderings

Foodie WanderingsGeelong

Reliable - so we thought

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Not lizard proof.

Unit installed and worked fine. Not used much at all, but then after a few days stopped working. After a long drawn out warranty service claim, where they tried to say the new unit was installed in 2011, the service agent arrived and found 3 fried geckos in the control unit. Said Hitachi wasn't cover this. So have paid out over $600, not much less than a new unit because Hitachi can't build a unit that stops insects entering it. The units are built to be outside and yes outside there are insects! So wouldn't recommend a Hitachi after this experience, a complete let down of a company warranting a product in the environment it should be able to handle.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Geoff P

Geoff PMaitland

3 Weeks to get it to work

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Lea

LeaAU

Great unit

I purchased this 6kw inverter split system from Reece plumbing and it's so far a great success. It's quiet and in our Melbourne heat wave with temperatures over 40 with high humidity of late, it's been a lifesaver! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a system. I almost purchases a Kelvinstor until I read the reviews do glad I made the switch. Mine is perfect for my open plan 2 bedroom home.
Price, recommended by plumbing wholeslaers. Easy to operate, it's quiet.
Nothing yet

Barry48

Barry48Launceston

Vastly underated unit

2.5kw Hitachi wall split installed in our office, super quiet, still pumps out hot air even when it was -7degrees outside. Installer made use of the 1800 number for tech support and said it was easy to get advice on the unit. Looking to get one in our home now as this has been such a reliable unit
Price, after sales service, smart looks

alecaroll

alecarollVIC, 3204

Good

I have got two, both for indoor open areas, the cooling load is sufficient for around 40m^2, and when i close all doors, it could chill my room (25m^2) from 28 to 24 in half minute. Making little noisy only. Got all good qualities for an air-con. But it doesn't look as fashionable as korean made ones. When open up the room unit, the inside plastic looks a bit cheap.

The outdoor unit may not be insect-proof. The foul smell might caused by dead insects.
Super Powerful. Very Quiet. Very Reliable.
Remote control is a bit slow in reaction. Got foul smell once, but don't know why. the smell gone in half an hour.

Bad

I would never buy Hitachi again. Getting someone to look at it was hard enough, but it's still not working OK
price
it has never worked properly and no one can find why

Barry C.
Barry C.

I had this experiance with another brand, turned out to be (after 2 years of it not working) air bouncing back to the thermostat. Is there anything close to yours in front?