Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series

SRK20ZSXA-W (2.0 kW), SRK25ZSXA-W (2.5 kW), SRK35ZSXA-W (3.5 kW), etc...

Great energy efficient appliance

Bought three of these units for the offspring’s bedrooms. Purchased mainly on energy efficiency rating and touted reliability. These units were very easy for sparky to install. Easy to program and fantastic on energy efficiency. Boys in particular would turn on in summer evening and run at 18 degrees all night (especially during the heatwave), sleeping under a doonah all through summer. I roasted them about electricity use but power bill was <$10 dollars more. Units are quiet inside and love the programable Directional air flow. Highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in February 2019 at Wholesaler for A$795.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Cool. Quiet

Works fine, silent running (bedroom so important). Only issue is squeaky noise when it closes shutters after turnoff. Outdoor unit is dead quiet even on hi power mode. Haven't noticed impact on power bill.

Purchased in January 2019.

Doug

Doug

A great air conditioner, does everything perfect.

Operates great with high demand and extended usage.

Very satisfied with its features and controls and performance when using different settings.

Handles all extreme weather conditions with ease.

Very happy with this unit.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$1,400.00.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Pranay Sharma

Pranay SharmaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A nearly perfect unit, for house.

It’s ahead, that’s why they named it *avanti*, of its time and truly reliable to each cent. Perfect for Australian environment and conditions. Lighter on pockets when used for longer period of time.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$900.00.

GGADS

GGADSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Avanti is the best air con I've ever owned

We have a west facing largish bedroom. In summer it gets hot, in winter it gets cold. We had ducted airconditioning and heating for years for the house but soon found it couldn't cope with the extremes of weather. So we moved to room split air conditioners instead and we are delighted by the lower running costs and the better comfort. It is a little more visually intrusive with the fan unit on the wall compared to a duct in the floor but that's a small quibble.

We selected this based on the reviews by Choice Magazine and couldn't be happier.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$899.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Couldn’t live in our house without it

A great investment for us, we bought 3, one for each bedroom. Small rooms, more than enough power, we put on low/auto and leave on all night. Quiet enough to not disturb our sensitive first born, even when we need to change the setting while she’s asleep. No problems at all. Probably too powerful or our tiny rooms to be honest!! (3x4m-ish). We wouldn’t be able to sleep in our room or have the kids in their rooms without these units, our home isn’t well insulated. Our energy bill has gone up, unavoidable I guess.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor

Grant T

Grant TSydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficiency plus

Awesome little unit! I originally bought the unit for its 7 star rating to put into a bedroom. Monitoring the electricity it uses though a solar smart meter and it’s basically uses nothing as you have to search the graphs to see if it’s on, can leave it on 24/7 without seeing any impact on your bill.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$900.00.

Karen Reid

Karen ReidSydney Surrounds, NSW

Energy efficient !!!

I have had no problems with high demand or extended usage of the unit. Performance and ease of use is good. Works well in all conditions. 5.0 kw is perfect for my small open plan living/dining/kitchen area.

Purchased in August 2019 at Private Installer.

Robert Suhr

Robert SuhrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Unit: Would buy again

Has worked well during very high temperatures (around 40C) and warms well in below 20C temps. Running costs lower than expected. Remote is easy to use. Internet connection (separate purchase) very useful.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Room Type Open-Plan Office

Split System Air Conditioners

Missed opportunity to be great

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,500.00.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Dodgey cash back offer ruined the purchase experience

Yeah OK, nothing special l suppose thats why they had to make a dodgy cash back offer they never intended to pay. We’ll avoid any product offering cash back from now on.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$2,000.00.

russnoz

russnozPilbara, WA

Worth the extra cost

In June 2019 I put three of these 2.0kW into smaller bedrooms (4 x 4 mtrs) because I was impressed by both low noise and low running cost of the larger units. in 2018 I put MHI 5.0kW and 3.5kW in the lounge/kitchen and master bedroom
The smaller units are even better and all 5 of the units easily cool down the rooms they are in even on summer days at 45 degrees.
There are cheaper a/c units around but you get what you pay for, although I shopped around and with MHI cashback promotion (repaid by MHI 6 weeks after purchase) I got the three units for $850 each.

Purchased in June 2019 at suburban splits perth for A$900.00.

Kristy Morris

Kristy MorrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome System

This split system has lots of usable features and us easy to operate. The system is quite, it cools or heats the house quickly and effortlessly.
Love it so happy with this product.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,600.00.

Room Type Whole House

Jeff Z

Jeff Z

Great Unit quiet and effective summer and winter.

Heats well cannot complain about that did struggle a little last summer on those ridiculous 40+ days but overall does a good job. Would recommend to others. Very quiet when running cannot fault it.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,200.00.

SGibson007

SGibson007Victoria, Australia

I Don't How I Survived 24 years WITHOUT IT

My split system air-conditioning was installed a year ago, and I'm ABSOLUTELY OVER the MOON.
As a person on a pension, I've kept meticulous records of when I used the air-conditioning, and one year later my electricity bill is significantly in credit.
Owing to the fact that my landlord installed the air-conditioning, as the gas heaters we deemed unsafe, I was concerned about the running cost, the energy rating website helped enormously, and I'm actually using system way less than the projected data I used to budget - I would highly recommend this particular system, very efficient, and it heats or cools very quickly, 6 STARS, couldn't be happier...

Purchased in June 2019.

AMAZING AIR CONDITIONER

I could not be happier with my new Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner. It's so quiet and effective I sometimes forget it's even on!!! Thank You so much Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,400.00.

Squiggles

SquigglesCentral Queensland, QLD

Cannot fault this air conditioner

Upgraded our entire home with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries units - 6 in all. The difference between the old and new is astounding. The units are extremely quiet, we hardly notice that they are on. There are many different settings on the control remote to suite our every need. All I can say is, that they are brilliant and we would certainly consider this product again.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area and Whole House

Tivi

TiviCanberra

Very efficient product

It works very well with high demand or extended usage
I am very satisfied with its performance when used at maximum settings
The AC worked very well under cooling conditions than with heating.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,800.00.

Love the COP

I love the efficiency of this unit. It draws a mere 380 watts which if I were connected to mains would lower my power bill. But in my case with such a high COP I can run the airconditioner all night with minimal drop in my off grid battery charge.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Garry

GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

The right one for the room

After much research the Mitsubishi Heavy Industry 5kw was above the rest. Price, availability, after market service and reliabilty were the deciding factors. I have 5 other MHI AC's I have installed, some over ten years old and still going strong. This new AC has so many features I have not had the chance to use. Last summer the item work to perfection and with the onset of winter reverse cycle will get a work out.
Very satisfied with the product

Purchased in February 2020.

Steve T.

Steve T.asked

Avanti PLUS Series

Should I get an Avanti or Avanti Plus?

Hi Steve,

The Avanti and Avanti PLUS split systems both come in similar sizes (2.0kW - 6.0kW) however the Avanti PLUS is our premium series and comes with additional features and functions including improved components (making it much more energy efficient and allowing the 2.0kW model to achieve an industry leading 7 star energy rating) precise temperature control and an energy serving motion sensor. Our Bronte series is our larger series (6.3kW - 9.5kW) and is suited for larger spaces. If you'd like to speak to one of our installers and get them to provide a quote, simply visit the page below, leave your details and we'll get someone to get in touch! https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/request-a-quote/

Becasked

Avanti PLUS SRK50ZSXA-W (5.0 kW)

Hi :)
Had this installed a few weeks back and very happy with it. Only problem is that the salesman told us we could control it via wifi, but I can't find information on how to do this anywhere. Help would be appreciated.

STENEN GIBSON
STENEN GIBSON

Google Mitsubishi Avanti Plus...

Bec

Hi Stenen. Have done this. I am hoping to hear from a Mitsubishi representative. Thanks.

Peter M

Optional module needed and Intesishome app

Henry Chaisrithaasked

Avanti PLUS Series

My room is 12 square meters. Should I buy the 2.0 kW model or 2.5kW

Peter M

Depends on MANY things. For heating or cooling primarily? Room with big or small windows. Roof type. Faces summer sun or shaded side. Lots of heat generation (computers) or not. For daytime use (study) or night time use (sleeping)...

You can always turn down an aircon but never able to run above 100%. So if in doubt, buy the larger one (small extra cost) VS never being happy you cannot turn it up higher if smaller model bought.

Bottom line is the product is amazing and should be fine with either but I would pay the extra 10-20% to KNOW I am covered.

Congrats on the choice.

Hi Henry,

As Peter mentioned, there are a number of factors to take into consideration when selecting the size of your air-conditioner. I'd suggest referring to our handy room sizing chart and if in doubt, go for the slightly larger unit. https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/

Henry Chaisritha

Thanks but the graph does not talk about the test conditions like the temperature of that day that tested. In a very hot day like 44 Celsius my room tend to get very hot with the hot av receiver, monitor and PC cpu running at 70 celsius these adds extra 4 celsius to the room at this day what size would fit the bill? I wanted the 2.0kW because of 0.31 watts efficiency though just making sure about the test conditions. On bottom of the graph it does say (* This guide has been developed to assist in model selection for the majority of normal residential air conditioning situations) I'm not sure if I know what I think it means.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives