Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-AP Series

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-AP Series

MSZ-AP50VG (5.0kW), MSZ-AP25VG (2.5kW), MSZ-AP71VG (7.1kW), etc...
4.4 from 5 reviews · View Details

4.4

Mark

MarkAuckland

Fantastic and super quiet heat pump

Chose this model on Mitsubishi's bullet proof reliability. I also liked how compact the unit is as the space it was to be fitted was quite limited. I love the wifi feature, it give you many options of control so on those cold rainy evenings you can switch it on from work or when driving home. The heat from this unit is felt through the whole house, 150 square meters. In terms of db levels, you hardly notice it's running, extremely quiet. We look forward to summer and checking out it's cooling ability and will have another small Mitsubishi model installed in our bedroom to keep in cool in the evenings.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$3,200.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area

KazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wow! So Happy!

Installed in winter so I can only speak for the heater setting. So impressed with this unit. I have a 3 bedroom house that is not open plan. It is in the lounge room and has 2 door ways to get through in order to heat the rest of the house. I was unsure if it would flow through ok but it heats the rest of the house with absolute ease. It’s quiet, has a simple remote control (though I wish it had a backlight) and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. We decided to add on the wifi adapter. Relatively easy to set up and app is very user friendly. I find this handy when I’m almost home or not wanting to get out of bed and face the freezing cold house. It’s truly comfortable living at its finest.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$2,259.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Living/Dining Area and Whole House
David s

David sGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So silent

Installed 7.1kw into our new shop
I can't believe how quite on heating all clients comment how quite it is
Fantastic product did my research and picked Mitsubishi over other big brands as I know people who have them and are so impressed

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,899.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Room Type Small Office
Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-AP Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Christopher J.

Christopher J.Hunter Region, NSW

Excellent Unit

I felt compelled to write a review as there is little real world comments about these units - I have installed 3 for bedrooms of varying size, units are very quiet (incredibly so when heating), good looking and appear to heat / cool with very little effort.

The Wifi adapter, while expensive, is fantastic. I do not use the remotes, just Google home and the Mitsubishi AP app only. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. The perfect units for bedroom use, and the smart integrations make these units a pleasure to operate.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$899.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom
Larden

LardenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't Cool the Room.

Bought the model that the Air Conditioning co installer recommended and confirmed that it would be the correct size for the room.
However we have been quite unhappy with it to date. It puts out cool air, however it never gets the actual room cold. Not even when we run it for hours and hours at the maximum air flow setting.
I have tried to lodge a service request with Mitsubishi however no one called me.
Very unhappy.

Purchased in December 2019.

Lauren A.

Lauren A.asked

MSZ-AP Series

How much money does this cost to run an hour?

foffa g.asked

MSZ-AP80VG (7.8kW)

Opinions on Mitsubishi MSZ-AP80VGD-A1 - 7.8/9.0kW (Not Choice tested yet!)

NEW model, any better than Mitsubishi MSZ-AP80VGD-KIT - 7.8/9.0kW???? which got 49% i.e NOT recommended by Choice Magazine

Kaz

I couldn’t be happier with the model I have. It works too well for my house. I have it on low all the time therefore my bills have reduced dramatically compared to my old unit.

foffa g.

Sounds great, many thanks for your trouble!

Kirsten

Kirstenasked

MSZ-AP Series

I have installed an ap25 in a holiday home that i rent out in the spring through to autumn. Often the occupants have changed the origial settings. Then I have great trouble getting the unit to work again. Even when i just turn it on using the remote for 30 degrees when room temperature is 21 degrees C. It just does not react. If i am lucky after a couple of hours i may be lucky that it works again. I try to follow the manual but no luck. What should i do?
Kind regards
Kirsten kirmai55@gmail.com

Kaz

You can reset the remote. Maybe get it looked at to make sure it’s not out of refrigerator gas.

Hi Kirsten,

Resetting the MSZ-AP air conditioner should be pretty straight forward.

Are you trying to heat or cool at the moment?

The simplest solution is to put the air conditioner into AUTO mode (it looks like chasing arrows on the remote) reference: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/Remote_Control_Symbols.html

Set the temperature you want.

In AUTO mode, the air conditioner will cool or heat and maintain the set room temperature.

Otherwise, change the mode to HEAT or COOL, as per the link above and set the temperature.

If you are still having a problem getting it set, contact us via: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/contact-us-email.html

The other options is to get an optional Wi-Fi Control adapter installed. Our adapter lets you control the air conditioner from you phone, from anywhere. As long as the Wi-Fi Control adapter can connect to the interenet. More info here: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/wifi/wifi-features.html

Talk to your installer about adding Wi-Fi.

Best Regards,