See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

bushmagpie

bushmagpieAU

Should hav replaced the old one years ago.

Covers a big area really well. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioners seem to be better than the plain Mitsubishi air cons and surprisingly for the same capacity unit ( 71 KW) it was hundreds of dollars cheaper. So quiet and the fan is great covering a wider area than others. Supposed to work to more temperature extremes than others I looked at.

September 26th 2019 Update: Brilliant Don't know why I didn't upgrade sooner.

Surprisingly quiet and efficient and has a great fan. Don't freeze anymore. Already electricity costs have gone down because of its efficiency. Good value for money as similar units were often hundreds of dollars dearer.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,749.00.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Room Type Whole House

R.singhSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect

This is my second Mitsubishi air con. was confused to buy 6.3kw.installer advised 5.0kw will cool but little under. So I choose bronte series. Cools whole house. Only one thing when I put on low speed I hear weird air sound. Its not vibration. Only notice if you hear very carefully otherwise very quiet.
All together it’s much cheaper then diakin.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,317.60.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

DelMac

DelMacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficient and Silent

We installed this air conditioner downstairs where we have a large open plan area. It cools the entire area on a very hot day and disperses cold air throughout the house efficiently. We are very happy with this purchase!

Purchased in February 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Jaymate

JaymateGold Coast

Perfect! Powerful, quiet, EXTREMELY powerful fan.

Huge cost saving, sips energy
Quiet for a unit of this size
Quick cooling
No problems, PERFECT product
Fan is INSANLY powerfull! Great for spreading cool air over a massive open plan area.
No doubt MHI make the best split systems (Panasonic 2nd best).
Very cheap, 7.1KW at Bunnings is only $1550 and is sometimes cheaper. Most other A/C's that aren't as good cost about 1600/1700 for a 7.1KW.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

MannyB

MannyBMelbourne

Doesn't last the distance

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good Unit

Installed in the top end of the house. Its a big unit but also a big space. Heaps of power and seems to cope easily. Cools a large room and two bedrooms, and plenty of cool air flowing to the rest of the house. Only needed a 5kw unit to supplement in the front of the house. Its quiet and air flow is huge. Very happy

Doris

DorisBrisbane

Works very effectively

Powerful but very quiet air conditioning unit. It seemed huge when it came out of the boxes, but apparently that's what I needed for my open plan living area! Lots of features and functions, which I haven't really used yet but I'm sure one day I will read the instruction manual properly and find out what they all do! Main thing is that it cools the room down really quickly, which is great.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Connor A Mowle

Connor A MowleKARAKIN

Great Product

This is working well after finally getting it installed. Was going to do it myself but even though I'm handy it needed an HVAC guy to cut and flair the lines and do the pressure check. I also hired someone else to put the electric box outside. , which is typical I think.
The unit itself is great. Has a small temperature readout on the unit and the remote is easy to use. Yes it's very quiet. We have it in a small office and you can hear the fan when it's above the minimum speed but we're right next to it. Still it's not bad at all. the outside unit is especially quiet!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kiera

Kiera

So quiet!

We had this unit installed between Christmas and New Year to replace an old ducted evaporative cooler. It cools our open plan living area quickly and quietly. The outside unit is very quiet too, we hardly notice it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
april4

april4Toowoomba

So Far So Good

Installed yesterday, so giving it a good test today. So far working well. Fan a little noisy when first on to help cool the room down fairly quickly, then it is relatively quiet. This was a replacement unit for a fujitsu so it was following the positioning of the previous unit and this made it a little awkward for the installer as this is a bigger unit than the previous one. Controls seems easy to use, though still working my way through the settings.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

ckeogh74

ckeogh74AU

Great unit fast cooling, very quiet

We recently had our split system installed for the summer and so far we are impressed with the unit. Compared to other splits systems we have had in the past, the outside compresser is very quiet and the start up of the unit very fast. When we tested it out, it got very cool quickly so I look forward to using it over the summer! The controller is easy to use and the unit sits flush on the wall. So far very happy with it!

Ol codgerAdelaide

ABOUT AS GOOD AS THEY GET

Installation cost about $600

Steve-Diane P.

Steve-Diane P.asked

hi my name is steve
i have a room that is 11 m long 6 m wide 2.7 m high and is insulated and i live in north east victoria on a farm what size do you suggest plz

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can download the room-sizing chart which will give you a good indication of which size unit you will need here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/

tony barberasked

Bronte SRK63ZRA-W (6.3kW)

noise levels in dba for bronte 63kw

R.singh

Hi can you pls explain bit more.

Hi Tony,

This varies depending on whether you have it on heating or cooling mode and on which setting however on the lowest setting on cooling, the 6.3kW Bronte indoor unit goes down to 25dB. You can download the brochure which includes all technical on our website - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/residential-air-conditioners-split-systems-brochure/

thanks I will go up to 7.7 kw unit

Malcolmasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am purchasing a MHI SRK71ZRA-W-Set and a MHI SRK25ZSA-W-Set. The outdoor units will be installed alongside the brick side wall of my house which has no windows, bedrooms are located behind the wall. I am constructing a common slightly raised concrete plinth to mount the units. I have made the plinth dimensions 500 wide (off the wall) and 2090mm long. will this be OK and give the best distance between the units? I based the width on the 7.1 unit which is noted as 340 wide + 100 min rear space from the wall. But the information I can access does not show footprint dimensions which include the mounting feet/lugs. Basically I want to ensure that the unit will be contained within the plinth extremities and give the required clearances.

R.singh

Hi Malcolm My srk25zsa-w is installed back to back. Outdoor unit is on brackets. Urs one is 7.1 kw and mine is 6.3kw both are bronte series. Mine 6.3kw main unit is installed in family hall and outdoor unit is installed at least ten metres away. Installer got the pipes through the roof and out from ceiling and install outdoor unit on brackets.its safe I was thinking to put readymade slab which you can buy from bunnings. Saves space if u put on brackets that’s all.dimesions ur asking best to ask from air con installer.

Hi Malcolm,

You should allow at least a 250mm space between both of the units for proper serving and at least 1m from a wall (on any side) to allow for proper ventilation.

I recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can give you some more information. You can find your closest installer on our 'Where to Buy' function - https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Hope this helps!

Malcolm

Hi Glen, great, thanks for the reply. Would you also please tell me how much drained water (say Qty per hour) I can expect to have discharged from each indoor and outdoor unit. Unit drainage will go onto a solid paved area, for this reason I intend putting in a ground drain to pipe any water away to discharge into a garden area. I see an elbow is available as an accessory for piping drainage. As I noted, I intended using a concrete slab/plinth to mount the outdoor units on. Will I be able/have room under the units to pipe the drainage away, and what size is the elbow and pipe? (presume PVC plumbing pipe is used?). Because, I note that installation instructions state a 100mm clearance is required under the mounting feet/face for drain piping. Why is so much clearance needed? This clearance is surely only needed to pass a small drain pipe under the unit?
Thanks and Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK63ZRA-W (6.3kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK63ZRA-W (6.3kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW)

No reviews
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK95ZRA-W (9.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK95ZRA-W (9.5kW)

No reviews
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK24YRA-W (7.1kW, Cool Only)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK24YRA-W (7.1kW, Cool Only)

No reviews
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,499$1,550$1,978$2,560$1,599
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity6.3 kW7.1 kW8 kW9.5 kW7.1 kW
Heating Capacity 7.1 kW8 kW9 kW10.3 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesNo
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 3 stars3 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars3 stars
Heating Energy Rating 4 stars3 stars3 stars3 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling -15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating -15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning) YesYesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 339 x 1197 x 262 mm339 x 1197 x 262 mm339 x 1197 x 262 mm339 x 1197 x 262 mm339 x 1197 x 262 mm
Indoor Weight15.5 kg15.5 kg15.5 kg15.5 kg15.5 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level45 dB46 dB47 dB48 dB43 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 640 x 800 x 290 mm750 x 880 x 340 mm750 x 880 x 340 mm845 x 970 x 370 mm750 x 880 x 340 mm
Outdoor Weight 45 kg58 kg58 kg58 kg58 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level45 dB43 dB44 dB50 dB43 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level66 dB65 dB68 dB70 dB65 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual