Mitsubishi Bronte Series

Mitsubishi Bronte Series

SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW), SRK63ZRA-W (6.3kW), SRK80ZRA-W (8.0kW), etc...

See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kenneth

KennethSydney, NSW

Good temperature control

We bought this unit in June, so now we've had a chance to test it for cooling and heating. It has passed in both tasks, we get a comfortable room fairly quickly. My one quibble is that the lateral airflow direction changes don't work very well, most of the air still seems to flow out straight ahead. The vertical louvres work very well, though. I'd buy it again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Airconditioning online for $1,780.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area

bushmagpie

bushmagpieAU

Should hav replaced the old one years ago.

Covers a big area really well. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioners seem to be better than the plain Mitsubishi air cons and surprisingly for the same capacity unit ( 71 KW) it was hundreds of dollars cheaper. So quiet and the fan is great covering a wider area than others. Supposed to work to more temperature extremes than others I looked at.

September 26th 2019 Update: Brilliant Don't know why I didn't upgrade sooner.

Surprisingly quiet and efficient and has a great fan. Don't freeze anymore. Already electricity costs have gone down because of its efficiency. Good value for money as similar units were often hundreds of dollars dearer.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,749.00.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Room Type Whole House
R.singh

R.singhSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect

This is my second Mitsubishi air con. was confused to buy 6.3kw.installer advised 5.0kw will cool but little under. So I choose bronte series. Cools whole house. Only one thing when I put on low speed I hear weird air sound. Its not vibration. Only notice if you hear very carefully otherwise very quiet.
All together it’s much cheaper then diakin.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,317.60.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

DelMac

DelMacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficient and Silent

We installed this air conditioner downstairs where we have a large open plan area. It cools the entire area on a very hot day and disperses cold air throughout the house efficiently. We are very happy with this purchase!

Purchased in February 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

JaymateGold Coast

Perfect! Powerful, quiet, EXTREMELY powerful fan.

Huge cost saving, sips energy
Quiet for a unit of this size
Quick cooling
No problems, PERFECT product
Fan is INSANLY powerfull! Great for spreading cool air over a massive open plan area.
No doubt MHI make the best split systems (Panasonic 2nd best).
Very cheap, 7.1KW at Bunnings is only $1550 and is sometimes cheaper. Most other A/C's that aren't as good cost about 1600/1700 for a 7.1KW.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good Unit

Installed in the top end of the house. Its a big unit but also a big space. Heaps of power and seems to cope easily. Cools a large room and two bedrooms, and plenty of cool air flowing to the rest of the house. Only needed a 5kw unit to supplement in the front of the house. Its quiet and air flow is huge. Very happy

Doris

DorisBrisbane

Works very effectively

Powerful but very quiet air conditioning unit. It seemed huge when it came out of the boxes, but apparently that's what I needed for my open plan living area! Lots of features and functions, which I haven't really used yet but I'm sure one day I will read the instruction manual properly and find out what they all do! Main thing is that it cools the room down really quickly, which is great.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Connor A Mowle

Connor A MowleKARAKIN

Great Product

This is working well after finally getting it installed. Was going to do it myself but even though I'm handy it needed an HVAC guy to cut and flair the lines and do the pressure check. I also hired someone else to put the electric box outside. , which is typical I think.
The unit itself is great. Has a small temperature readout on the unit and the remote is easy to use. Yes it's very quiet. We have it in a small office and you can hear the fan when it's above the minimum speed but we're right next to it. Still it's not bad at all. the outside unit is especially quiet!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kiera

Kiera

So quiet!

We had this unit installed between Christmas and New Year to replace an old ducted evaporative cooler. It cools our open plan living area quickly and quietly. The outside unit is very quiet too, we hardly notice it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
april4

april4Toowoomba

So Far So Good

Installed yesterday, so giving it a good test today. So far working well. Fan a little noisy when first on to help cool the room down fairly quickly, then it is relatively quiet. This was a replacement unit for a fujitsu so it was following the positioning of the previous unit and this made it a little awkward for the installer as this is a bigger unit than the previous one. Controls seems easy to use, though still working my way through the settings.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

ckeogh74

ckeogh74AU

Great unit fast cooling, very quiet

We recently had our split system installed for the summer and so far we are impressed with the unit. Compared to other splits systems we have had in the past, the outside compresser is very quiet and the start up of the unit very fast. When we tested it out, it got very cool quickly so I look forward to using it over the summer! The controller is easy to use and the unit sits flush on the wall. So far very happy with it!

Ol codgerAdelaide

ABOUT AS GOOD AS THEY GET

Installation cost about $600

SandraMaeRose

SandraMaeRoseasked

What are the benefits/ negative comparing the Avanti and Bronte systems 5kw for an open plan house?

Hi Sandra,

The Avanti series is our smaller series designed for smaller to medium spaces with models ranging from 2.0kW up to 5.0kW. Our Bronte series is our larger series, designed for medium to larger spaces with models ranging from 6.3kW to 9.5kW. I'd suggest checking out our sizing chart for more information around which size unit would be best for your home. https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/

casper8221

casper8221asked

Hi we're in Melb have weather board house with 55m2 living area, semi open plan, 11m2 south window with verandah, 8m2 north facing windows and a combination of pitch and flat roof

7.1kw or 6.2kw

Jaymate

I suggest 7.1kw. Simply because those models are the same price ($50 differance but the 7.1kw is more capable. It won't use anymore energy because it runs the same as 6.3kw just can't peak as high and thus quicker cooling on 7.1 I also suggest it because it sounds like in total there is a fairly large area to cool. I have 7.1kw to cool the main kitchen/dining area because of the price but I should probably should of gotten 9.5kw as my house is completely open plan, very big and has little insulation. It's always better to buy a bigger unit then you think you need as its only a small cost differance initially but can really help with comfort on those hot heatwave days.

Hi Casper,

Our room sizing chart will give you a good indication of what size unit you'd need - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/.

But as Jaymate mentioned, it's common to select the slightly larger unit in circumstances where you might be between two sizes. If you want anymore info - best speak to an installer who can offer a recommendation. You can find your closest one by visiting our 'Where to Buy' page and entering your postcode - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy

Sampath S.

Sampath S.asked

Could I know the operation range and the MTBF for Bronte 7.1 kw please?

Hi Sampath,

All technical specs for the 7.1kW Bronte can be found under the 'Technical Specifcations' section on the page below. https://mhiaa.com.au/products/model/srk71zra-w-dxk24zra-w-residential/

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives