Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 CX
Part of Holden Captiva 2.8

Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 CX (2011-2013)

Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 CX

Features

Julie
Julie

Bad buy

Brought this lemon had just 4 month of use had it road tested and got mechanical clearance from dealers only to have the transmission go at under 100,000 kms took months to get the part cost 9000 to fix and now have further 2800 to have the reprogramming never had any issues with other vehicles I have brought and repaired in the past my advice dont buy holden captiva my only small comfort is to know I am not the only victim Show details
Overall
Design
Brian
Brian

Fantastic reliable

Had Captiva for 4 years we’ve done 50000 on top of the 140000 it had on it when purchased, only just spent money on it recently for just the usual wear and tear. Great car runs well interior is very nice, done many long trips without any issues, reliable car.

Katie S
Katie SAU2 posts

Transmission problem

Hi i have a hole in my transmission my mechanic has asked me to replace it, very hard to get it.

I found one but its 7 seater mine is 5 seater

the model is same 2011 captiva 2.2 diesel awd

So will it fit in my car. please help

jag_
jag_sydney7 posts

Amazing affordable family car

The 7 seater Captiva is an amazing family car and has a lot of space, never had a problem with the car and has never broken down on me. Looks good, very comfortable in long drives and very smooth. I read many bad reviews about the car but my friend recommended it for a family car and we love it.

tinuolakestreasure
tinuolakestreasureUmina Beach4 posts

Craptiva

Worst decision purchasing Captiva. Very poor quality cars, money pit, air conditioning for 7 seater is great for the front seat people the middle row have their vents under the front seat so their feet get air however their faces don’t and the third row no vents at all and no ventilation. No boot space the only thing that looks good is the outside of the car but that works out to be a pretty expensive if you are only buying for the looks

Lalelo
LaleloMelbourne4 posts

Great car

I like the style of it and holden has a good reputation. Looks alot more expensive than it is. Good performance for the price point. Interior is nice, no plastic looking rubbish dashboard, but nothing fancy eaither. One thing is dislike is there are no air conditioner or heater vents for the kids in the rear, and on a very hot day they are boiling, until the whole car cools down. Besides that, never had a problem with it and we drive it alot.

jaysixty60
jaysixty60Sydney, NSW3 posts

Craptiva for sure

Car looked and run like brand new, got it at 58,000km. Then 3 months later with only 2000km, my Holden Captiva cx 2012 was running but couldn't move. Now have to fork out $4000 for a new transfer box installed, well done Holden, for screwing us all.not the same any more tisk tisk.

KRob
KRobGippsland, VIC28 posts
Jess
JessPerth5 posts

Would not buy again

We bought our captiva brand new and have regretted it ever since. The car compared to others is very dated and within a year the gearbox went and the electric window in the front died. The car engine computer has also had lots of issues that we have had to take back to holden and we have found them quite unhelpful and dismissive. Very disappointing.

Bradcd
BradcdRosemount qld9 posts
  Verified CG Series II 7 CX

Holden Captiva 2011 7 seater cx 4 fly turbo diesel

Bought it for our growing family fits everyone in nicely

Lots of extras in the cx model was really suprisezed with the standard features the vehicle comes with

Only down side no child restraints in the third row

Great car on road

easy to handle

Comfort is great

Air con is amazing

Very responsive

Cheap to run

Haven't been able to fault it

Kelly Nic
Kelly NicSydney5 posts
yuan fang
yuan fang2 posts

not good engough

this car has no fun to drive, to big for parking and fuel consumption is even worset , i drove 23 L per km which makes me crazy. the resume value is very low, i have seen 8000 car on car sales for 2009 model. not a big fan for holden and this car is organally from korea

Vish
VishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
  CG Series II 7 CX

This car is very Fuel Economical and has great value for money

I am not a big Fan of Holden. But, one thing attracted me to this car was its look. I bought it with great expectations and I don't regret my decision at all. This is wonderful Diesel car with a lot of room in it. Simply this car has value for money.

Terry1965
Terry1965AU4 posts
  CG Series II 7 CX

Amazing comfort and great handling. Great on fuel and a quiet drive

I currently get 10.3km per 100. This is suburban driving and looking forward to seeing what I can get with freeway driving. Very reliable with plenty of lights to indicate if something is wrong. Smooth handling with 18 inch tyres that give a quite safe drive in the wet and dry.

Ghasem T.
Ghasem T. · CG Series II 7 CX (2011-2013)

Hi,
Holden Captiva 7CX petrol:
no power in fuse 'PKLP LH-10A and PKLP RH-10A'fuses are okay no issue with. the issue is there is no power into fuse also, no light into dash cluster; no speedometer, RPM gauge, fuel gauge, temp gauge..... no any symbol sign at all!! also radio not working neither!!
Any ideas, please?

Jeff A
Jeff A · CG Series II 7 CX (2011-2013)

How do I turn off the set speed alarm on my Holden Captiva 7.
Previous owner had it set to 60km per hr, I don’t want to use this anymore.

Trace
Trace · CG Series II 7 CX (2011-2013)

Can my car tow a large Uhaul furniture van(enclosed trailer) full of cupboards and 2 queen mattresses and plain bases, I have no idea what the cupboards(tall boys & low buffets and beds)weigh in total, how does one work it out as to what the car is pulling, is it the weight of the trailer and its contents or is it JUST the contents weight in total etc?
I'm planning to hire the Uhaul one way to drive from Perth to NSW and saves $ on an interstate moving company etc any advice plz..
Ps: my Captiva is a great car, bought it 2yrs ago from a family that routinely serviced it and replaced the transfer case and I've kept up the servicing and so far so great..

Compare all Holden Captiva listings
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $38,490$43,490$42,490$41,490
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and Petrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy
Fuel Consumption10.1 L/100km10.1 L/100km10.1 L/100km8.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 65 L65 L65 L65 L
Engine6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 2.2L
Max Power190kW @ 6900rpm190kW @ 6900rpm190kW @ 6900rpm135kW @ 3800rpm
Max Torque288Nm @ 5800rpm288Nm @ 5800rpm288Nm @ 5800rpm400Nm @ 1750-2750rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date