2Holden Commodore VX
Part of Holden Commodore 4.1

Holden Commodore VX (2000-2002)

2Holden Commodore VX

FAULTYVictoria3 posts
Chooks
ChooksSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  VX

Great reliable car few issues

Purchased my late 2000 Commodore executive with police pack from Brisbane government auctions 40,000km.
Its been a great car to drive and still goes like new no rattling 20 years on and 170,000km.
The only issue was a pully collapsed, still ran, replaced myself. Had roof lining replaced as heat damaged .
Secrete is change oil and filter regularly, keep cooling system serviced .
Hate to sell love the car. Show details
Tyson
Tyson

Great car to drive

Brought my vx commodore series 2 December last year with a 198000 on the clock great car to drive runs well had to replace a few things due to last owner but my girlfriends family don't thinkt's reliable because I paid 1200 Show details
mirrabucca
mirrabuccaCanberra Central 2601, ACT113 posts
William
William8 posts

This is Perfect! I won't be discontinuing the use of this Car

I bought this car from a car sale yard back in 2013 (2000 vx Commodore station wagon) and I've never had that much of a problem with this car which the only problem I had was that it needed a new "iac valve". At that time a "professional mechanic" told me that it had this problem or that problem" which kept affecting my hip pocket $$$ in the end. So I then took my car to a "back yard mechanic" who found the problem, which all it needed was a new "iac valve" never had a problem ever since. This is the best car I've ever owned and still is in 2020 Show details
Eric S.
Handling
Inderpal
InderpalSydney, NSW2 posts

Best car looks

Use it everyday and the best car, luv this car. Use it for sports, family and commuting to work.

Everyday i use this car.

Service every 6 months to keep in good condition, Never had any issue. Hope it comes back. Show details

Tim
TimSydney, NSW8 posts
jpn
jpn

flogged this car on m1 for 5 years

i bought this cheap on duel fuel for $4700. drove it up and down the m1/f3 for 5 days a week / 6 days a week. never serviced it. petrol in the tank and water in the windscreen wiper. took 5 and half years before the cost of rego did not make any sense.

Fukpawn
FukpawnPerth2 posts
  VX

Should never have sold it

My vx commodore was just a standed executive but was factory fitted with full electric windows electric mirrors sunroof and even had a gen iii 6spd manual which I had cammed by kosteki engine performance to boost the hp to over 434 hp. Used heaps of fuel but did great skids

Magic Mike
Magic MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts
  VX

What more can I say “Cheap and Reliable”

The headline says it all. I brought this car back in 2013 and put on over 150,000 trouble free km. The car done over 350,000km and still doesn’t burn or use any oil or water. The good things about these cars are they are cheap in parts and if you do need parts they are easy to come by.

Zed95
Zed95South East Queensland, QLD29 posts
Mye
MyeSydney, NSW36 posts

Satisfied

Never had any major issue except that it is not that fuel efficient. We use it just once or twice a week. It has a large machine and despite being an old model, we are not yet considering on replacing it as we are still satisfied to its performance since we regularly service it.

Sunset_Sam
Sunset_SamPerth, WA48 posts
Jo
Jo5 posts
  VX

This is a wonderful car, and could n't do with out it

The experience of driving the VX commodore is comfortable, performance I could not ask any more from a V6 engine, handling is terrific, not much noise. I can go from Newcastle to Blacktown and back on 50.00. I therefore would recommend such a vehicle to anyone that is looking for a decent car.

Billy W.
Billy W. · Commodore VX (2000-2002)

It take two to three to start it doesn't miss a beat soon as u put your foot down it missus two four second it take off.

Noo
Noo

Check you're coilpacks sounds like a miss fire bud

Billy W.

Thankyou i put a hole new coil pack on hasnt made a difference new leads sparks plugs to no difference

Dave W.
Dave W. · Commodore VX (2000-2002)

My vx ss commodore has started having a problem. It starts and runs fine but when I accelerate a bit heavy the dash cluster will light up like a Christmas tree and all warning lights come on, the guages drop to zero, my stereo cuts out then it goes back to normal then will do it again over and over. I disconnected the abs connector and went for a drive and it still happens. I have had issues with my traction control staying off when starting the car and switch wouldn't work until I re start the car and track light would go out and switch would work. Since I disconnected the abs connector and 5he car still does it does that mean it's not the abs module. I am stumped any help would be much appreciated.

Karinda D.
Karinda D. · Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Is there a different headlight fuse for different Commodore models

Leeann Dasent
Leeann Dasent

What type of catalyst converter is in the VX 3.8L Holden Commodore S

Compare all Holden Commodore listings
CategoryCars, Wagons and SedansCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and Sedans
Starting Price $32,490$55,990
TransmissionAutomatic and ManualAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrol
Engine6 Cylinder 3.8L6 Cylinder 3.6L
Max Power152kW @ 5200rpm235kW @ 6800rpm
Max Torque305Nm @ 3600rpm381Nm @ 5200rpm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaGermany
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date