Best little SUV on the road!

Love my Holden Trax. It is such fun to drive. Love the bright electric blue....it is such a happy colour. With the seats folded down so easily, can carry lots of things. Was a great help when I was moving house.
Great vision with big wide windows all round an the high driving position. Driver's seat and steering wheel can be adjusted up and down to get it just right for your individual preference.
Trouble is my daughter is always wanting to borrow it!

Purchased in October 2017 for $24,000.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Good car, has its issues

Good car, nice drive, relatively safe. A few problems though such as smoke coming out of the A/C vents when on, an oil light which won't turn off, and a leak coming from under the steering wheel which can saturate the floor with the drips. Whatever drips out also can be extremely hot, and burn your foot when driving. Have been scolded many times. Took it in for a service to find the source. No problems detected, burnt my foot driving home. Have it booked back in, but it's just a hassle when having a busy life. Feels like the servicing is very rushed and it's just getting as many people in and out as quickly as possible.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
DriveAWD

Good car some issues

I found the car to be very nimble, generally cabin space very good until you want to put the back seats down for extra space. Both my wife and I are tall and like the seats to go back but when you put the seats down you lose that extra length in the front making driving a little bit cramped. I also don't like the positioning of the handbrake being so close to the passenger seat it's a bit awkward trying to release the handbrake if there is a large person sitting in the passenger seat.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Happy with our Trax!

So far so good, it’s what we expect from a new car. It’s perfect for Sydney traffic and love all the LTZ has to offer.
I read that Trax is one of the most reliable car in the USA, hopefully that’s true!
Overall it’s fun car to drive with a punchy engine!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
DriveFWD

Nice car ...BUT The Takata airbag issue is a problem

Purchased a brand New Trax in 2017 (a 2016) model. Just discovered via 60 minutes that this car among many is a victim of faulty/ dangerous Takata airbags. The holden website clearly states our vehicle has a faulty airbag and they will get back to us re recall when parts arrive???? How can a Manufacturer and Government allow cars to be used with essentially a hand grenade in the airbag system, while they wait for parts?
They avoid giving clear answers on the telephone and chat window and it appears everyone in the chain is being evasive and/or lying. When I finally got through on chat they were evasive and condescending. 1st they stated that the vehicle is affected then they stated it (and no other) Holdens are affected. They apparently have a Beta version airbag from Takata as opposed to the dodgy Alpha. ( Both versions use the same gas that should not be used in an airbag).This is pure subterfuge and evasion where holden (and others) are putting off this very dangerous issue as long as convenient.
They also claim to have volunteered to recall and in the same sentence stated the Government ordered them to recall vehicles. In addition they say Holden are confident that the Takata beta airbags are good yet they are more urgently recalling older Vehicles and those in humid areas so clearly the Betas are also at risk.
We are expected to drive these time bombs and Im now sure Holden and the government will sweep any deaths under the rug of misdirection when they occur. Its far easier to manage and skirt a few individual issues at a time than tackle the main issue up front.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

31,000 kms and Ready to Trade in **Update**

I purchased this car from Village Motors Petrie (now North Lakes) and when I first purchased this car I loved it, that opinion has now completely disappeared. The car even though it is a small "SUV" has a small lip on the bottom of the front bumper meaning I could not get out of my driveway without scraping, I could not park over most bollards as it wouldn't fit and I had to be careful on speed bumps and dips in the road. I removed the cheap piece of silicone and have had no issues since then.

The biggest problem with this car is the fact it doesn't rev properly, it stalls frequently and is absolutely gutless. within a year I was having issues with the engine stalling even after "warming up" for 5-10 minutes, Holden are no help as it's an 'intermittent issue'. it heavily lags when taking off or will splutter and bunny hop (it's an automatic). Your better of putting it in manual and doing it yourself if you actually want to go anywhere.

The infotainment system (MyLink) is a useless piece of rubbish that is now (2.5 yrs old) hardly usable, the maps no longer work (no matter how many times I reset my phone, or do all there troubleshooting tips and you have to pay $85 to use them. The whole system completely freezes nearly every day so I am forced to play music on my phone while it sits in the cup holder or drive in silence listening to the pathetic whine from the engine. I have video footage of all of these issues but because they are 'intermittent' Holden does not wish to help. It also has faulty airbags which I found out in March (2018) it is now August (2018) and they have not sent me a notification for repair (I had to ask at my last service).

The best thing about this car was the 4 years free servicing I received, it will be going back to Holden in 2 weeks (earliest they could get me a loan car) as it has completely stalled at the lights multiple times and has failed to start multiple times (battery is fine). I have had enough.

**UPDATE** Holden looked at the car yesterday and I have been informed that the gearbox is stuffed and needs replacement, a 2yr old car that hit 32 thousand kms 3 days ago needs a new gearbox and complete flushes as there is metal filings all through the oil, all this will be replaced under warranty but no guarantee of a loan car while they're keeping my car for 2 weeks. I had a loaner LTZ 2018 Trax for yesterday and its done 8500kms and the fuel gauge is broken. i do NOT recommend these cars at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

No ongoing issues....yet.

Have just clocked over the 65000km mark for LS manual 2015.2 yrs left on warranty and usual capped price servicing.No issues apart from the thermostat replacement at 50000km. Engine ok if not a little asthmatic but i am comparing to Polo so not really fair.Holden dealership have been great. Car was wife's but is now my car after my regretful trade in of my Polo..as she now needs auto after injury. Car is ok...but the driver seat would have to be the most uncomfortable i have ever sat in. The rear tapered design of the seat bottom is just plain stupid...unless you are of diminutive proportions. I am 6'3 and while space in the car is not a problem, the silly side wings/supports of the seat bottom are great for digging into the sides of you thighs. Dumb design. I will work out a solution though, most likely some well cut memory foam. Didn't bother with "Bringgo" sat nav..a shame android auto was only included in the 2017 onwards models. I don't really use anyway..but with Galaxy Note 8 in car (6.3 inches) compared to 7 inch car screen..
no big deal. Just means once again have to attach a phone. Holden says no updates available for Mylink. prob be a able to find a work around and download into unit but i am not willing to maybe brick unit for satnav i would rarely use. Fuel consumption is up very ordinary. Not financially viable to get rid of yet bit when the time arises it is gone. Good car apart from above.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Waste of money

This is the worst car I’ve ever purchased. In fact it was a lemon. The car was 3 years old and started having major problems like cv joint , coolant leakage and dashboard light comes on stating lean fuel and I had to argue with Holden to fix under warranty. However not went at once, it was one thing after another. In the end the light on the dashboard still comes on claiming lean fuel again.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Great little car

We shopped around for a while, then decided to go with the Trax. Nothing against the other cars in the range, the Trax just suited what we wanted, and we felt that it drove the best. Economy is amazing, we owned an Almera 1.5 prior, and the Trax beats it hands down for economy. Good bit of power, throttle response can take a little while to get used to as it can be punchy from take off. We have owned it for around six months, so far it has been reliable.
My wife loves her Trax.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

My Trax - Well!

Having owned a Commodore of great quality I decided to go Holden. I signed up for the Cruize but had buyer regret, my bad. I had to choose a Holden so the Trax was next. I was told I did not need a smart phone but I did to used the limited functions. I was horrified that one day I parked my automatic and took the key out and it started rolling because it was still in D. Who builds an auto that allows that? The infotainment system leaves a lot to be desired, especially maps. I enjoy long trips as the driving position is very comfortable but really wish I had more test drives with other brands.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Let down by Holden Customer Service

Great Car to drive , arm rest for the driver is great but the seat could probably be a little softer .Good petrol economy on a trip and not bad around town .Unfortunately it only runs on premium unleaded which is 10 -15% dearer , so you don't really get the value. Unfortunately I am having continuous issues with the infotainment unit and holden customer service are passing the buck to the app provider.
The issues are 1/ overheating of the phone with consistent use - app developer has admitted this is a problem and there is no fix as yet
2/ "No GPS" signal error comes up on the screen ,when all the other apps on the phone that use the GPS part still work -apple maps google maps , waze etc
3/ GPS screen freezing intermittantly
With the demise of Pandora I was told I could use Spotify - wrong ! - Then the GPS won't work at all
It is not good enough to blame issues on and app provider
Note-The problems have occurred with2 different iPhones so I don't think the phone is the problem .(Also apple can't find fault with phone )
I would just like a bit of help from customer service to resolve the problem

Date PurchasedOct 2016

great small suv

our Holden Trax ltz is a great small suv the just lacks climate control as you would think it should have for top of the range but other than that its great to drive the 1.4 litre turbo gets it up hills with no trouble and its great on fuel with the prices now going up you have money in ya pocket

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Its an ok little car for what it is

The trax is ok to drive but lacks power especially when the aircon is on.
Handling is good has a little turning circle.
I dislike not having some power for incase there is a situation that may need it.
It has plenty of room even with 2 child seats in the back.

BadgeActive
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Reliable vehicle

We have owned a Red Holden Trax which is a small SUV, from new since January 2015 and have done 45,000 km and found it to be very reliable vehicle for every day use which starts every time, the holden dealer we purchased it from have also been very good even offering to pick our vehicle up and leave a loan car for servicing as we live some distance from the dealership in Rockingham WA (yes that was a plug for them) as for the car it is good on fuel consumption is comfortable to drive long distances, handles most bumps quite well (I have a bad back) and cruise control is very handy to be able to stretch your legs while driving, the touch screen console is very hard to see in any amount of sun and hard to use like any touch screen as it is "touchy" and the software could use some tweaking, the GPS is not very good and expensive to boot, there are plenty of storage spots in the front section and while the top glovebox is handy for biro's pads etc the USB port it has should of been partitioned off all by itself for protection of the usb stick, the biggest drawbacks of this vehicle are two, firstly the air conditioner is neither cold enough nor strong enough to get through all the vents properly plus the fan is far too noisy, secondly the wind noise with the windows down is intolerable as the vibrations caused makes my whole family cry out to close the windows at any speed above 80kmh as the volume and vibrations hurts your ears not matter what combination of window openings you try.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Trax brought in March 2015

I’ve had some problems with the auto gear change!! And the Same problem as someone else, my trax is blue and has peeled paint on the back under window, on right hand side, I also had paint protection done, now I have bat crap eating into roof, , it’s been at smash repairs for 5 days, go to pick it up today the paint job is trash and they never touched the roof, so back in it go’s again. I have been told this paint peeling has happened to several 2015 blue Tracey. I have got a courtesy car which is a 2017/18 Trax turbo.. a lot better than the 2015.. grrrrr so mad. I got a lemon.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Perfect little big car

I wanted a bigger car then the one i had, this car is a perfect mix of big and little,
not too huge in terms of width but a bit taller and more grunt than most small cars.
Great fuel efficiency however, computer states oil life has deteriorated quicker than i would have thought.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fantastic car! I work as an Uber driver and find the space for passengers is excellent. Ability to f

Very reliable car. Never had a problem and have had mine for three years now. I do reccomend Holdens fixed price servicing option when buying this car as it helps keep the cost down. Fuel mileage is exceptional and it takes the low cost petrol without issue to the engine or performance.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

frustrated

When I put the back seats down I can only put one back up because the other side won't go up it keeps locking and now I have to get it fixed again very frustrating. I will not be putting the seats down again. It's not fair that I have to keep getting this problem just wondering if anyone else has this problem

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Perfect and great value

Had this car for just over 3 months. Just love it. Its motor is small but has all the zip needed to drive around town or on the highway. many great features that cars of this level don't have. For a small SUV it has a lot of room inside. The head room is more than enough. Compared with other cars of the same size it has more height inside.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I'm in love

I brought my 2016 1.4L Turbo Trax 8 months ago. I absolutely love it. I have driven 42 hours this week and it did not miss a beat. The turbo is great for over taking - You do need to use Premium Unleaded Fuel however, I think this is the best choice with any new car. Value for money. The heated leather seats are great in Winter. I have folded the back seats down and slept in the car with a single mattress, blanket & pillow while camping. I love the height of the car and how simple it is to drive. Great speakers, I love loud music but I can never have it all on full board in this car. Despite buying the Trax second hand, Holden still caps my service price which is cheap & easy. The only flaw I have of this car is boot space as my partner loves golf but the boot is not large enough to fit clubs. All models come with a reverse camera which beeps if you are getting to close to anything. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

I there a timing belt or chain in this car Tks
Timing belt due at 150,000km..for my 2015 LS anyway according to Holden.I have always changed at 100,000km but i will be leaving until the 150 unless the warranty ru.s out before then.

Why are the headlights so bad , on high beam not a lot better and I consider them to be dangerous as an ex professional driver the overdrive your light distance to be no more than 3 mtrs. This is not good at all and would like some help from any body who has had the same complaint? thank-you
Yep. They are very ordinary in my 2015 Trax. It is the only real complaint i have of the vehicle. I am going to install a better, brighter set of globes but probably the same wattage. Some dealerships have suggested using higher wattage globes, while others have advised against as it may affect the relay. These cars are built cheaply with any chance to save a dollar. An example is the cheap champion sparkplugs, which they wanted to change at 120, 000km. Replace with NGK (more expensive) well before this interval and the difference is immediate. Same could be said for.the engine oil.

How do I reset the drivers door window index point?
After battery change the window won’t close it has lost its close index position. I have tried the 10second up and down process like my other car but it won’t work on this track!!

TJ LSTJ LTTJ LTZTJ ActiveTJ Black
Starting Price $24,990$25,990$28,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars
Doors55555
Seats55555
Fuel Consumption7.1L/100km6.7L/100km6.7L/100km7.3L/100km7L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 53 L53 L53 L53 L53 L
Engine4 Cylinder, 1.8L4 Cylinder, 1.4L4 Cylinder, 1.4L4 Cylinder, 1.8L4 Cylinder, 1.8L
Max Power103kW @ 4900rpm103kW @ 4900rpm103kW @ 4900rpm103kW @ 4900rpm103kW @ 4900rpm
Max Torque178Nm @ 3800rpm200Nm @ 1850rpm200Nm @ 1850rpm175Nm @ 3800rpm175Nm @ 3800rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Reversing Camera and Traction ControlABS (Antilock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Reversing Camera and Traction Control
Extra Features Automatic Headlights, Immobilizer, Sunroof, USB Port and Voice ControlAutomatic Headlights, Immobilizer, Sunroof, USB Port and Voice ControlAutomatic Headlights, Immobilizer, Sunroof, USB Port and Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2013Jan 2016Jan 2013Jan 2015Jan 2016