Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

1130H (30m), 1120H (20m), 1110H (10m)
See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Holman

Hoe reel faults

Didn’t use it much then stopped retracting , probably only a year old won’t buy another fairly expensive wall hook don’t know what else to say only that the plastic faded.

TerenceGippsland, VIC

Holman hose tell which stopped rewinding

This is the second and last Holman hose reel we will ever buy. The spring has stopped working and the product is not that old. Less than two years and it isn’t used much and never fully extended. I will lock for the docket and update this review with the exact purchase date shortly.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $100.00.

G.D
G.DWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I will never buy anything Holman

First one purchase lasted 6
months and was replaced under warranty. The replacement has failed the same as the other one but it did not make the distance but the warranty was dated back to the first purchase. I had purchased another Holman from Bunnings and it has suffered the same problem. I would never ever buy anything with Holman stamped on it. 3 units 3 failers.
I

Purchased in May 2020.

Poorly designed retracting hose reel

Garden Hoses

Find out how Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun compares to other Garden Hoses

Brenton W
Brenton WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

I just bought this a week ago from Bunnings. Put it up yesterday and went to use it and it has reduced the pressure to a ridiculously low level. I unwound the entire 30metres thinking it could be a kink, but no, the pressure is just shi*. I could urinate a harder flow. Also it kinks very easy. My $10 hose from Bunnings blows this out of the water. I changed out nozzles thinking it could be that, but still rubbish. Wish I read these reviews before buying this product. Now I have four holes in my brickwork for no reason. Taking this hunk of shi* back tomorrow.

Purchased in June 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Chris
ChrisDarwin, NT

Defective brake

I have a hose reel and the brake has stopped working on mine too. Looking at this thread this seems to be a common problem which Holman are aware of. The goods are not of acceptable quality if there is a known defect and people should be able to seek a refund through the manufacturer regardless of warranty period

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Brett
BrettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't Buy

The product seems to have poor quality retract system, I purchased two reels at the same time, the spring fails after 20 to 30 extensions. Certainly wouldn't buy this product

Steven Roach
Steven RoachPerth, WA

excellent

I have 2 retractable hose reels and am very happy with them both. One is normal retractable while the other is battery operated. Also when I have made enquiries with Holman I have found that their customer service is friendly and helpful. I found the hose and all the attachments a pleasure to use after using others that kink and leak.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Steven, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your retractable reels. As always, any issues please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Don't buy

Purchased 3 and replaced 3. Never again. They all began to leak and stopped retracting. I'm very careful when retracting but still broke. No replacement this time I got my money back. Wish I had read reviews before purchasing.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Karen S.
Karen S.

Like rewinding it but hate pulling the back breaking hose out.

The quality of our Holman hose winder was excellent BUT I had to give it away because although lovely to rewind, pulling the darned thing out 4 times a day was too back breaking for me, not to mention it pulling back against me as I pull it out. Purchased around one million years ago and was still working very well. Sadly too annoying.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hi Karen, thank you for your review!

Julie
JulieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Kinking hose

Unfortunately this is my 3rd hose and all have in some way kinks, no matter wether u put it in hot water to soften hoping it will work still kinks . One time you could buy little metals pieces to put over the kink part of the hose. A expensive hose too constantly link

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $130.00.

Andy
Andy

Terrible quality

This is the second 30mtr unit we’ve had, the first one replaced by Bunnings under warranty had it around 6 months and the auto reel wind failed I noticed the little belt slipped off, we’ve had the second on 2 weeks and it’s failed also not happy

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $120.00.

NeilIllawarra, NSW

BUSTED

I love neat retractable hoses
I have bought two 30metre Holman reels
Spring broke after 4 -6 months
Once busted : not fixable ? ?correct
I think once the spring is sprung thats it.
I will contact the number ( thanks) and ? Warranty
Frustrating because I can see me buying another Holman, if only because I have the fittings in the renderrred wall .

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Neil

Thanks for youre prompt response. Cheers

Eddy
EddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Holman hoses - the king of Kink

Nothing kinks as easily as a Holman hose. I made the mistake of buying three of them and my blood pressure and swear rate went through the roof. Do yourself a favour and pay a little extra for a decent quality hose.

Irvy
IrvySouth East Queensland, QLD

Retractable hose will not retract.

I bought a 30m retractable hose a little over 6 months ago. I am unable to retract it more than around halfway. I tried pulling it completely out and rewinding but it would not go more than about halfway.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Paul A.
Paul A.asked

How to put belt back on a 30 meter Holman retractable hose

Karen T
Karen Tasked
1130H (30m)

My hose won’t retract for the last 10 metres, can I fix this?

Holman I.Holman

Hi Karen, We're sorry to hear you are having problems with your retractable unit.

While some parts in the units can be repaired or replaced, other parts such as the locking mechanism and internal spring are not serviceable - this is for safety reasons. We do offer replacement on units that fail within the 2 year warranty period. If you do have your receipt, please use this for your return.

Thank you, your Holman Team!

John D.
John D.asked
1130H (30m)

My hose wont lock it just keeps retracting how can I fix it

Terence

That’s what happened with mine. If you have a receipt there is a two year warranty. Mine broke just before the two year limit. Bunnings we’re good and said they will go or the refund at the end of lockdown. It’s happened twice to me. I will pay more for another brand next time. Hope this was helpful

Holman I.Holman

Hi John, we're sorry to hear this is happening to your reel. Please give us a call on 1300 716 188 - the team are here to help from 7.30am until 4pm Perth local time (Monday - Friday) and we can troubleshoot this with you.
We hope to hear from you soon, your Holman Team.

See all Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun questions

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

Compare all 3 Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun