Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

1130H (30m), 1120H (20m), 1110H (10m)

Flimsy construction

The 3 yr old model was very good and sturdy so I thought I’d by a second one for the other side of house. Bad idea.
Rang Holman up and the reason that was given to me was COST CUTTING ! . This is being returned to Bunnings today

Peter m

Peter mPerth, WA

absolute rubbish

Bought from Bunnings, no surprise there and got junk for top dollar, two months old and will not retract, sick to death of paying top price at Bunnings and getting crap

Purchased in December 2019 for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Peter, we are sorry to hear this! Your unit has a 2-year warranty so please have it replaced at Bunnings. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Not fit for purpose

Just outside 2 year warranty and unit fails to fully retract. Unit has only been rarely used.Apparently it has lost its tension and this is unrepairable. I believe this unit is not fit for service.

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Granshel, if your unit is indeed just beyond the warranty period, we would be more than happy to honour this for you. Please call us with your docket number and we can organise this for you. 1300 716 188.

Mike R.

Mike R.Perth, WA

Frustrating

Second Holman I've bought. First one wouldn't retract after 4 years. Had Pope at other end of the house which, though noisier, is still going after about 10 years.
Moved house 4 years ago and couldn't remember which one was the good one when I had to buy hoses. Bought 2 Holman 20m for front and rear of house 4 years ago. Front of house ok but other one wont retract. Is 4-5 years normal for mechanism to fail? There is no easy way I can see to get access to see wahat problem is and possibly fix it. Too cheap to get repaired! The modern dilemma. Might try Pope or Certa next. How much worse can they be.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Dave Walsh

Dave WalshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not retracting

Holeman, our date says 17/41 and today it has stopped retracting. We bought 2 and installed one soon after purchase and one a year after we bought it. The first one installed is still retracting. Is it still under warranty , before I start looking for a receipt??

Holman I.Holman

Hello Dave, yes, this unit is under warranty. You will need your receipt to return it to Bunnings for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Colin M

Colin MSouth East Queensland, QLD

NEVER purchase this product 2nd one failed within 12 months

First hose reel would not retract after 18 months 2nd reel leaks internally water pouring out take back no proof of purchase cannot fix or replace NEVER buy Holman products

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Colin, if you purchased this unit in October 2019, as stated, it is well under the 2-year warranty and you can have this replaced. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Jamie G.

Jamie G.Perth, WA

No Quality Assurance

Obviously they need to work on the locking mechanism of this product. So many reviews with the same problem. I have this problem with my 20 meter Holman as well. These are expensive hoses and the quality is not up to standard.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jamie, if your unit was purchased in March 2018, it is indeed under warranty and your unit can be replaced at Bunnings with your docket. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Taking it back today - rubbish

We bought a 20m and a 30m, installed them and tried to use them. Absolutely no flow through the hoses. The water pressure is about half what it was with a hose connected directly to the tap.
They weren't the cheapest, and would expect better. Taking them back to Bunnings today.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Wendy

WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Didn’t last long

2 years old and the retraction lock is broken! Out of warranty and I have read that this is not a replaceable part. Used once a fortnight on average so poor quality I guess. I had hoped for longer life!

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

David_Hobbs

David_HobbsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Holman 20mt Self winding garden hose

Works a treat, was one of only two that the bracket was connected to the middle of the spool. Many others in the market have the bracket positioned at the bottom of the unit causing strain on the bracket. Whilst it is made out of plastic, rather than steel as many items are these days. It carries a 2 year warranty and as it can be sourced from Bunnings they will help if required. I had previously tried another brand and the changeover was so easy.
Works easy and would buy again if another unit was required.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings .

Holman I.Holman

Hello David, thank you for your review!

Robyn P.

Robyn P.Perth, WA

Buy another Brand

The rewind mechanism won't move along the whole length of the drum so that the hose is only wound onto one side. Its faded badly and looks crumbly already. A very expensive buy considering this is only the start of its second summer in use

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Robyn, thank you for your review. This unit is under warranty so please return it with your docket and it will be replaced for you. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Jasen70

Jasen70South East Queensland, QLD

Poor performance for price.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Looks Cheaply Made

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $95.00.

Had three both 10 metre and 20 metre, all have failed.

Purchased 3 of these in the last 18 months, all three have failed to brake. Luckily to have been used more than 25 times each and then they fail. Bunnings kindly replaced 1 but I didnt keep receipts for the next 2 and now have 2 that dont work. Not happy and wont be burnt again. Looking at the reviews Im not the only one. Avoid like the plague.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Phill M.

Phill M.

Didnt last

Massive pressure drop. Started leaking from unit. Couldnt work out why it wouldnt retract. I think the main spring has broken. Now its just an expensive normal garden hose. O well. No receipt.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Designed to fail

Purchased 2 and I am unhappy with the quality. If you look at the photo you will see that the drum rubs on the notched belt. The side is not rigid so distorts and once the belt ages and loses its flexibility will easily break and it is not user replaceable.
Also Holman on their site have a video of how to replace hose if needed. This is no longer the case as the hose is crimped so the video should be removed.

Purchased in December 2019 for $134.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review. We rarely have issues with the belt degrading but do please contact us if this ever happens in your unit. The video for replacement will remain available for customers who do have these units for their reference.

billv53

That is interesting as my last 2 reels (different brand) both failed as the belt broke so hose guide no longer worked. Still I have 2 years to return it if it does break.

gmcleod

gmcleod

Huge pressure drop

Bought 2 of these from Bunnings. So far, so good but reading the other reviews I'm not holding out much hope. My main complaint is the massive pressure drop through the internal rotary joint. It really is bad.
UPDATE Dec 2019
I was wrong. The pressure drop is not bad, it is HORRENDOUS. With the end of the hose open, the tap on full, the house pump was able to build up pressure and cutout. Unbelievable.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Worst product ever bought

Had it more than 2 years but obviously not designed to last. Bracket rusting - hose gets jambed - gun is made cheaply and broken - top cover wont close - tug of war beyond 20m - hose bulging in spots - In future will avoid cheap crap from Holman!

Marc
Marc

Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt! Im a quadriplegic and cant do the replacement parts method. Can you arrange a replacement for a current model?

Holman I.Holman

Unfortunately we will not be replacing the whole unit as it is over 5 years old. Call us if you wish to purchase replacement parts. 1300 716 188

Expensive junk.

Less than twelve months. Hardly used Spring has failed. Pull it out the box and noticed how cheaply it is made. Keep your receipt you will need it. I didn't.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Andy O.

Andy O.South East Queensland, QLD

Junk product

Lasted just long enough for the warranty to run out
The reel failed to clamp hold of the hose
This is a junk product
Do not spend your money on it
Beer would be a better investment

Holman I.Holman

Thank you for your review!

Rick W.

Rick W.asked

I have a Holman 20 17121 and the lock won’t work. Is it still under warranty

Holman I.Holman

Hello Rick, for product support, please contact Holman on 1300 716 188.

Colleen Coll

Colleen Collasked

I have a XW 20 Holman retractable hose reel, the lock stopped working today, it has a date 17/46 can I take it for a replacement, it was a gift from my son and I don't have the receipt, assuming the adding of 6 months to the manufacture date can it return it to Bunnings for a replacement? Without being able to lock it is useless.

granshel
granshel

My unit failed 3 months after warranty. Considering this appears to be a common situation in the reviews and the initial Holman response was arrogantly offhand, I informed them I was making a complaint to ACCC that the unit is not “fit for purpose”. Which I did. I also informed Bunnings. I immediately got response both from Bunnings and Holman and received a full refund.

Ionel Mierlaasked

Hi, 17/46 is the number under my lid. The guide basically lost all tension after the unit kept bunching to one side and now when it reels back in I have to move it from side to side manually to try and mimic the layering action. Of course, the last few metres never goes back in.
I’m looking for the receipt as we speak, but wouldn’t think it would be more than 18 months old. Love the concept, but should have known nothing is made to last anymore. Back to the old wheel rim if the $140 gizmo can’t be fixed... cheers Yonny.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Yonny, please call us on 1300 716 188 and we can assist you with this issue. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Ionel Mierla

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

Download manual