Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

Holman Auto Retractable Hose Reel with Spray Gun

1130H (30m), 1120H (20m), 1110H (10m)

gmcleod

gmcleod

Huge pressure drop

Bought 2 of these from Bunnings. So far, so good but reading the other reviews I'm not holding out much hope. My main complaint is the massive pressure drop through the internal rotary joint. It really is bad.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Worst product ever bought

Had it more than 2 years but obviously not designed to last. Bracket rusting - hose gets jambed - gun is made cheaply and broken - top cover wont close - tug of war beyond 20m - hose bulging in spots - In future will avoid cheap crap from Holman!

Marc
Marc

Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt! Im a quadriplegic and cant do the replacement parts method. Can you arrange a replacement for a current model?

Expensive junk.

Less than twelve months. Hardly used Spring has failed. Pull it out the box and noticed how cheaply it is made. Keep your receipt you will need it. I didn't.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Andy O.

Andy O.South East Queensland, QLD

Junk product

Lasted just long enough for the warranty to run out
The reel failed to clamp hold of the hose
This is a junk product
Do not spend your money on it
Beer would be a better investment

Holman I.Holman

Thank you for your review!

Meme

MemeSydney, NSW

Avoid buying this retractable hose.

I have made the mistake of buying 2 of these retractable hoses, one for my backyard and the other one for my pool area. I misplaced my receipt and after about 5 months, both are no longer retracting the hose.
Terrible product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

dand123South East Queensland, QLD

Filling our tips and destroying our environment with Holman hose reels.

Terrible quality. Lasted less than 6 months until it started to leak from the unit and the retraction system broke around the same time. Holmans customer service just responds with why dont you swap it under warranty. Well, i have many reasons why. Two of these reasons are: 1. What a huge waste of plastic destroying our environment during manufacture and then again rotting in a tip. 2. I cant be bothered keeping my receipts and the only way to replace, is to give Bunnings all my details including drivers license number and address to be able to claim a replacement. Shame on Holman for producing such a throw away product and the only recommendation being to replace replace replace when broken.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Holman I.Holman

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you just cant be bothered to replace your unit as it does come with a 2-year replacement warranty.

dand123

Reading my review properly would help. What a great response to the environmental concern I have raised. Not!
I am sure you care a lot about our environment and your customers.

Jon G

Jon GBrisbane

Pretty poor quality product

Purchased in July 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

JBJBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless after 10 months use.

We purchased this unit just over 2 years ago and because of travelling, only installed it and started using it in January this year. The unit has over the months got worse when it comes to retracting the hose to now not retracting at all. It looks as the plastic housing the spring has broken away. Considering it has only been in use for 10 months, but out of warranty due to being unopened and in storage for nearly 16 months, we are less than impressed with the quality and standard of this unit.

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Thankyou for your review.

JBJB

It seems that your response is as good as the product. Poor!

Anthony

AnthonySydney Surrounds, NSW

Not as good as previous model

Bought this to replace my previous Holman 30Mtr retractable which lasted a couple of years hassle free, but this new one doesnt retract as good and never fully rewinds all of the hose without several attempts of tug of war.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $134.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Anthony, Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Reel. Please take it back to Bunnings and have replaced under warranty.
Holman Team

WGDSydney, NSW

These hoses are TERRIBLE.. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $110.00.

WGD

I wanted to check if my 20m hose reels are still under warranty, unfortunately I can't seem to locate my Bunnings receipt but the hoses are XW20 17/21 &
XW20 17/50. if you could let me know the first one is internally leaking profusely.

Holman I.Holman

Hello WGD, call our service department on 1300 716 188 for further assistance with this. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Cheap nasty garbage

Just buy a decent one. These things are no good.
I bought two and both have cut water pressure in half, which is bad if you already have low pressure .
Just no.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Trev, thank you for your review. This is not a common complaint and we are sorry to hear that our retractable reels are not suitable for your use. Thank you, your Holman Team!

LindaBrisbane

Terrible; so sub standard it’s unusable

The multi function head fitting is so badly made that it pops right off as soon as you turn on the water. Don’t bother buying this product - it’s expensive and unable to be used. I shall be returning it tomorrow and avoiding this brand in future.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello linda, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your hand gun is doing this. It is under warranty and you are welcome to have it replaced. 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Holman I.Holman

Thank you for your feedback Linda. Your Holman Team!

Repairable query - Nice to have good customer service

I had had the 20M retractable hose for a while and the cold weather has worn out the Tap to Reel part. I called their customer service, and [Name Removed] was fantastic on the phone and sorted me out with a spare part replacement. Nice to have products that are repairable, and good customer service is a really nice bonus.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Mr Hall, thank you for your review. We are happy to help!
Thank you, your Holman Team!

TQGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn't go the journey.

Have purchased 3 Holman retractable hose reels in recent years. 2 out of three gave out after 3 years. The most frustrating problem is the hose coming off the reel inside the casing. Once that happens, you are gone!

Purchased in September 2016 for $139.00.

Thank you Tony!

Hose has stopped retracting

Hi team,
I purchased the a above hose reel at great expensive to myself approximately 4 to five years ago for my B & B which I know has had very little use. I read that a large number of owners of this product have had the same issue as me with units much younger than mine.
I can see orange ?teeth sitting in the base of the unit. I assume this is the retracting mechanism broken.
Unit ID is 1625.
What would you suggest to rectify this issue please.
Cheers in advance

Purchased in May 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Pete, thank you for your review, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Failed 1 week after the warranty expired

This product is made of bad quality.

Firstly, during the time we have had this, the hose didn't retract properly and got stuck anywhere between 1 to 2 meters of hose left dangling out. It would take 4 or 5 attempts to pull it out and back to get it to go back correctly. I had to cut off appro 5 meters of hose to ensure there was enough room inside the casing so as not to get caught up. This helped slightly.

Now a couple of weeks ago as I was using it and there was a clunk inside the casing when extending the hose and now it won't click in and stop at any given point, I have to stand on it to keep it where it is.

Really disappointed with this

Purchased in May 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Chris, Sorry to hear you have had problems. The Hose Reel is still under warranty, it has a 2 year warranty from date of purchase. Please take it back to Bunnings and have it replaced.

I bought it May 2017, its now June 2019. That's 2 years already

Holman I.Holman

Hello Chris, obviously we are happy to honour warranty. Your unit should not have failed so soon. Please give us a call on 1300 716 188 and we will assist with a warranty replacement.

teddymobbs

teddymobbsSydney, NSW

Extremely disappointing products

Purchased in January 2013 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Teddymobbs, Thank you for your review!

NattSydney, NSW

Bad locking system

Bought from bunning. It working fine for the first year. Love it. Until this second year. It's starting to get malfunction. The locking system failed. Sometime lock sometime not. So I'm struggling to use it. The retractable system is very powerful. Can cause injury when you don't expect it to retract. I can't find the receipt. So..... my hubby is my back up. Wish me luck .

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunning for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Natt, we are sorry to hear this has happened to your unit, it is indeed under a 2-year replacement warranty, so please call us on 1300 716 188 and we will assist you further. thank you, your Holman Team!

Holman I.Holman

ok Natt, please do contact us when you are able.

Grandma MNowra

Disappointing

I have wanted a retractable hose for years and was so pleased to receive one for Christmas. But my joy was short lived because it kinks constantly when in use. It is so annoying to find the flow of water ceases and to have to go back to undo the kink, not once but several times each time I use it as I move around. My old hoses had to be manually wound onto the storage reel but were kink free, resulting a more user friendly product overall. I couldn't recommend this brand.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Gbuchanan2004

Gbuchanan2004Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dreadful

Bought two of these, threw the Bunnings receipt away, installed one, motor broke after a couple of weeks, hose is still lying around in the garden, other still in the box, will both go in the bin and my faithful old pope will come out of retirement.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $130.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. Your unit comes with a 2-year replacement warranty. We can assist with this, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!