Kmart Anko Pressure Cooker

Kmart Anko Pressure Cooker

MPN: KY-318
See the Best Pressure Cookers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Instructions and Settings? Dismal.

I want to set my own timings sometimes;Say 6 or 8 minutes. What mystical sequence can organise that? Controls and Instructions are incomprehensible. Perhaps MRS ANKO wrote them. Nice looking machine, but the labeling and instructions make this machine virtually USELESS. What a pity.

Purchased in July 2021 at Kmart Retail Stores for $58.00.

In reply to cannot put lid on.

I had cooked a few dishes and washed the lid, and put it back on later when dry. One night I washed, dried the lid and inner part, put them together, then tried to fit the lid back on the unit. For 5 full minutes, I pushed and cursed but the lid did not fit. Then I took off the lid, pulled the inner out, and put it back on the other way. Placed it on the cooker gave it a twist and it fitted perfectly. So I found that the inner only fits one way. Blue circles show how it goes.

Purchased in December 2020 at Kmart Online for $59.00.

Petra C.
Petra C.Central West, NSW

Too hard basket

Am having so much issues trying to get the lid on. It doesn't seem to fit. Anyone got any ideas. The manual doesn't help at all. I'm at a loss

Purchased in May 2021.

Needs a proper manual

My first meal is cooking at present... Never used a pressure cooker before. It would be nice if the instruction booklet had a slither of commonsense. For instance it does not even mention that you need to add water. Crazy right? Nor does it mention cooking times for the presets. The instruction manual is bloody useless. First meal turned out pretty well despite all this.

If I could give it zero I would

Looking forward to my first go making a simple beef stew. It started sautéing the beef and them the display went bbbbbb. Nothing in the instruction booklet which is only really useful for lining the guinea pig cage and has little instruction in it. I have re-boxed it to take back to kmart. And Kmart if you read these, either find a better supplier or stop selling them as they are not helping your bottom line. This cooker is rubbish. Going out to buy a phillips cooker....:

Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart for $59.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Deedee
DeedeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

manual lacking detail burned the food on slow cooking

used once and won't use it again the manual is very basic does not tell you very much the slow cooking function not good it burnt the food that my dogs had the dinner and we had pizza was a waste of money the lid is an issue was not happy with this item

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart for $45.00.

Margaret D
Margaret DCentral, SA

Seems good for price

Have only used a few times so far but works fine, User Manual a bit vague and doesn't even explain what a couple of the buttons are for - but have made couple of lots of meat sauce & noodles(7min) and a casserole (30min) I need to play with recipe to get correct consistency but expected that and so much quicker than using stove top or oven. Today I also used timer function to check that out and worked fine and very easy to set time as well

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $59.00.

Tracey J.
Tracey J.Perth, WA

Trouble with lid

I always have trouble getting the lid on. Does anyone else have this issue? When I can get the lid on it's great. I have only used as a pressure cooker so far

Purchased in September 2019 for $65.00.

Kim
KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Product

I love this product, meat are cooked in 15mins fast cooking, so tender on 15minx2. I mainly use for cooking meat and beans. cooking has been so much easier after having this. Wanting to buy more, but not available.

Purchased at Kmart for $59.00.

Don't waste your money

Tried putting a 4hr timer on for slow cook to make broth Legit had the timer counting down and it didn't even cook. Like wth. I guess that's what you get for $60

Interesting cooking method

Never had an electrical one before. I really am disappointed with the manual that comes with it. Recipes are in short supply and trying to follow the instructions is frustrating. Surely someone could do a better job of it for english speaking countries. I've managed to get things going but I would have liked an option to put my own time in for things but you are locked into the automatic timing. It certainly works well but how about a much better manual.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $76.00.

rachal
rachalSouth East Queensland, QLD

More needed in manual

Hard to work out could have had more recipes to follow in working each function . Directions hard to work it out for someone who has never used one before like me.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bay Leather Republic QLD, Aspley.

Nik
NikSydney, NSW

Perfect results every time

I was given the pressure cooker as a gift and couldn't wait to try it out. Since then, I use it every week. I can whip up a soup in 20 minutes, so on busy days when i am rushed for time between working a after school activities, I can still make the perfect dinner. I also use it to make stews in 40 minutes! Amazing, the meat just melts in your mouth! It has definitely become an essential item in my kitchen. I cannot wait to test out the many other functions.

Purchased in June 2019.

Joanne
JoanneVictoria

Makes my life easier

I purchased a Kmart Pressure Cooker as I was time poor and cooking for one was hard work.
Since I have had the Pressure Cooker, life is easy and more healthy. I can make soup in 20 mins, stews in 20-40, spaghetti bolognese in 20 mins to then make a lasagna or freeze for easy meals later on and I don't have to be standing in the kitchen cooking. Switch it on and I walk away.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $59.00.

IShoppedIt
IShoppedItGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4.5 Stars! Should be called Multi-Cooker or Instant Pot. Does it All!!

Love this kitchen appliance & use it several times a week. So versatile! I have given away a few other appliances now I have this, so it’s also saving kitchen space. Cooking is much less a chore now as it’s quicker and easier with this cooker. Sauté function so handy. Didn’t really need the (very basic) manual as I’ve been cooking for decades, just a little getting used to it. (Please note: this is the original Homemaker cooker that Kmart sold. There was also the newer model available but I chose the original one for the sauté option). I believe this is also an energy saver when cooking compared to other methods

Purchased in April 2017 at Kmart for $59.00.

Read more reviews - page 2