Kmart Anko Pressure Cooker

Kmart Anko Pressure Cooker

MPN: KY-318

3.5

Needs a proper manual

My first meal is cooking at present... Never used a pressure cooker before. It would be nice if the instruction booklet had a slither of commonsense. For instance it does not even mention that you need to add water. Crazy right? Nor does it mention cooking times for the presets. The instruction manual is bloody useless. First meal turned out pretty well despite all this.

If I could give it zero I would

Looking forward to my first go making a simple beef stew. It started sautéing the beef and them the display went bbbbbb. Nothing in the instruction booklet which is only really useful for lining the guinea pig cage and has little instruction in it. I have re-boxed it to take back to kmart. And Kmart if you read these, either find a better supplier or stop selling them as they are not helping your bottom line. This cooker is rubbish. Going out to buy a phillips cooker....:

Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart for $59.00.

Deedee

DeedeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

manual lacking detail burned the food on slow cooking

used once and won't use it again the manual is very basic does not tell you very much the slow cooking function not good it burnt the food that my dogs had the dinner and we had pizza was a waste of money the lid is an issue was not happy with this item

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart for $45.00.

Margaret D

Margaret DCentral, SA

Seems good for price

Have only used a few times so far but works fine, User Manual a bit vague and doesn't even explain what a couple of the buttons are for - but have made couple of lots of meat sauce & noodles(7min) and a casserole (30min) I need to play with recipe to get correct consistency but expected that and so much quicker than using stove top or oven. Today I also used timer function to check that out and worked fine and very easy to set time as well

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $59.00.

Tracey J.

Tracey J.Perth, WA

Trouble with lid

I always have trouble getting the lid on. Does anyone else have this issue? When I can get the lid on it's great. I have only used as a pressure cooker so far

Purchased in September 2019 for $65.00.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Product

I love this product, meat are cooked in 15mins fast cooking, so tender on 15minx2. I mainly use for cooking meat and beans. cooking has been so much easier after having this. Wanting to buy more, but not available.

Purchased at Kmart for $59.00.

Don't waste your money

Tried putting a 4hr timer on for slow cook to make broth Legit had the timer counting down and it didn't even cook. Like wth. I guess that's what you get for $60

Interesting cooking method

Never had an electrical one before. I really am disappointed with the manual that comes with it. Recipes are in short supply and trying to follow the instructions is frustrating. Surely someone could do a better job of it for english speaking countries. I've managed to get things going but I would have liked an option to put my own time in for things but you are locked into the automatic timing. It certainly works well but how about a much better manual.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $76.00.

rachal

rachalSouth East Queensland, QLD

More needed in manual

Hard to work out could have had more recipes to follow in working each function . Directions hard to work it out for someone who has never used one before like me.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bay Leather Republic QLD, Aspley.

Nik

NikSydney, NSW

Perfect results every time

I was given the pressure cooker as a gift and couldn't wait to try it out. Since then, I use it every week. I can whip up a soup in 20 minutes, so on busy days when i am rushed for time between working a after school activities, I can still make the perfect dinner. I also use it to make stews in 40 minutes! Amazing, the meat just melts in your mouth! It has definitely become an essential item in my kitchen. I cannot wait to test out the many other functions.

Purchased in June 2019.

Joanne

JoanneVictoria

Makes my life easier

I purchased a Kmart Pressure Cooker as I was time poor and cooking for one was hard work.
Since I have had the Pressure Cooker, life is easy and more healthy. I can make soup in 20 mins, stews in 20-40, spaghetti bolognese in 20 mins to then make a lasagna or freeze for easy meals later on and I don't have to be standing in the kitchen cooking. Switch it on and I walk away.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $59.00.

IShoppedIt

IShoppedItGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4.5 Stars! Should be called Multi-Cooker or Instant Pot. Does it All!!

Love this kitchen appliance & use it several times a week. So versatile! I have given away a few other appliances now I have this, so it’s also saving kitchen space. Cooking is much less a chore now as it’s quicker and easier with this cooker. Sauté function so handy. Didn’t really need the (very basic) manual as I’ve been cooking for decades, just a little getting used to it. (Please note: this is the original Homemaker cooker that Kmart sold. There was also the newer model available but I chose the original one for the sauté option). I believe this is also an energy saver when cooking compared to other methods

Purchased in April 2017 at Kmart for $59.00.

Works as described

Has worked well. The instruction book needs a little more detail e.g. What is the Multi grain function used for?
The setting instructions are not easy to understand. Can I cook bread in it. Where can I find a cook-book which relates to it. I am satisfied with the product itself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Roachy

RoachyChristchurch

Perfect meals every time

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Kellyshikades

KellyshikadesAdelaide

Had to replace ours and my beloved bought me for christmas: the home & co MY-CS6006WP

Am cooking a creamy chicken casserole at the moment. First time used since our other one gave up the ghost!! Tricky to work out due to the Instruction manual but so glad to see a setting for Yoghurt making as we eat yoghurt a lot!! So far seems like it is cooking well as the aroma of our dinner is floating through our home! I think I will like this one!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Milliegate

MilliegateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

just as good as any other

had an expensive pressure cooker worth about $180 from harris Scarf, bought this one for about $70 & has the same fascia, works the same, looks the same & about 1/3 of the price, other one only lasted 3 years & not used that often so was never value for money.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sharon

SharonPerth

Used for two weeks before seals failed to hold pressure

It was great the first three times then I noticed steam coming out under the lid seal. Its not supposed to do this and therefore couldn't pressure up and the escaping steam allowed the meat to not cook properly and be dry. Very poor product performance - i do not recommend this item. Cheap turned out to be expensive for two weeks worth!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tina

Tina

Love it

I received this pressure cooker as a gift from my colleagues. And I absolutely love it! Very useful. And makes my cooking a lot easier as it takes only short period of time to make my meal. Especially useful when I use it to cook soups and rice. Love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Whareupoko

Whareupoko

Great

I am a dumb crap 65 year old male and was on top of it after my second attempt 3 years ago. Common sense really. Like it and use it at least 3 times per week for pot roasting, lamb shanks, pulled pork and beef, oxtail, occo busso etc. I use my dreampot thermal cooker as a slow cooker option or to keep food warm or reheating. These options save money and power

Date PurchasedJan 2014
jovialjames

jovialjames

Burnt everything

This was junk, burnt everything I cooked in it. Never again, not sure why, I have used pressure cookers before, but this one was just junk, I ended up throwing it in the bin, what a waste of money and food. I won't buy anything from this brand again...just plain junk.

Date PurchasedApr 2015