Homemaker Pressure Cooker

Homemaker Pressure Cooker

Works as described

Has worked well. The instruction book needs a little more detail e.g. What is the Multi grain function used for?
The setting instructions are not easy to understand. Can I cook bread in it. Where can I find a cook-book which relates to it. I am satisfied with the product itself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect meals every time

Had this cooker for three years plus and has been easy to clean and great for porridge cooking on soup mode. We have the Philips pressure cooker and is five times more the price and quite frankly there is no difference in what they both do. The different settings are only a cooking guide to how long you cook your meal and so do the research on each individual meal and set at the right time. The new Homemaker has more options and no longer can you get the Homemaker basic cooker but sure they are as good as each other just 20$ more expensive but cheapest on the market I can find. We have had two of these cookers and they are awesome. The first thing to wear is the inner pot so unfortunately you cannot get parts for this cooker so $100 is what we have spent over 3 +years but the Philips you can get parts for but we have worked out that the Homemaker is all we need for price and overall needs.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Had to replace ours and my beloved bought me for christmas: the home & co MY-CS6006WP

Am cooking a creamy chicken casserole at the moment. First time used since our other one gave up the ghost!! Tricky to work out due to the Instruction manual but so glad to see a setting for Yoghurt making as we eat yoghurt a lot!! So far seems like it is cooking well as the aroma of our dinner is floating through our home! I think I will like this one!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

just as good as any other

had an expensive pressure cooker worth about $180 from harris Scarf, bought this one for about $70 & has the same fascia, works the same, looks the same & about 1/3 of the price, other one only lasted 3 years & not used that often so was never value for money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Used for two weeks before seals failed to hold pressure

It was great the first three times then I noticed steam coming out under the lid seal. Its not supposed to do this and therefore couldn't pressure up and the escaping steam allowed the meat to not cook properly and be dry. Very poor product performance - i do not recommend this item. Cheap turned out to be expensive for two weeks worth!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love it

I received this pressure cooker as a gift from my colleagues. And I absolutely love it! Very useful. And makes my cooking a lot easier as it takes only short period of time to make my meal. Especially useful when I use it to cook soups and rice. Love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great

I am a dumb crap 65 year old male and was on top of it after my second attempt 3 years ago. Common sense really. Like it and use it at least 3 times per week for pot roasting, lamb shanks, pulled pork and beef, oxtail, occo busso etc. I use my dreampot thermal cooker as a slow cooker option or to keep food warm or reheating. These options save money and power

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Burnt everything

This was junk, burnt everything I cooked in it. Never again, not sure why, I have used pressure cookers before, but this one was just junk, I ended up throwing it in the bin, what a waste of money and food. I won't buy anything from this brand again...just plain junk.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Good for the price!

I have had this for 3 years now and use it 3 times a week. For the price I paid it has been very good and functions well with no issues. Main complaint is that it only has a high slow cook function. everyone loves the meals that come out of it!

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Happy cooker

Pretty happy with this pressure cooker. Easy to use especially when assembling the lid and is also easy to clean. The control panel has e few functions that work with a touch of the finger. It has a delay cooking function which is up to 24 hours. The casserole cooked quiet well stayed moist.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

New version is the one to choose

The new one is easy to tell because it has a YOGURT setting, unlike the old one. Really amazing value and build quality. I have bought several high end $300+ pressure cookers and there is very little you will miss by buying this. Just a good quality and simple cooker, don't bother buying anything else.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Perfect and multifunctional

Perfect for slow cooking, pressure cooking. However, it is not suitable for brown rice. The structure is sound and sturdy. In conclusion, I recommend this product for those who want perfect food without being scared of burnt food.!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Love it!

I bought this multi cooker as I was down sizing and really wanted to add a pressure cooker to my collection. I absolutely love it. I use it constantly & have used every function on it with ease and without a problem. Great product, great price. I have recommended this to so many people.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Fabulous product

On a budget so brought this product not expecting it to last long. However I was surprised to find it is fantastic. Love the way it cooks rice and with cheaper meat it turns it into a cruise dish. Only negative was it took me a while to work out the right times and needed to allow extra time for the pressure to build up. But all in all definately worth the price and still going strong. I use it about 3 times a week.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Excellent value product

Bought this cheapie pressure cooker / slow cooker from KMart. Didn't want to splash out too much in case I didn't use it much.
It is so easy to use and I cook amazing curries and make homemade bone broth in no time at all. Fairly large capacity and works well for a family of four. Easy to use and clean, why pay more?

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great product

Purchased mine from Kmart $79 didn't need to spend hundreds of dollars made my own recipes up invited some friends around for tea now 4 out of my five friends have one great time saver it is great for doing oxtail soup i even made a syrup pudding great for doing braising it is eay to clean it just goes to show you don't have dearest is best love this product

Date PurchasedJan 2017

What doesnt work!

The booklet is third rate! It gave no recipes!
It has a "soup" button. I tried to use it for vegetable soup. It took an hour to reach pressure when it began its 30 mins countdown! I had to have something else for dinner that night!

I cooked brown rice,and it got stuck!
I am looking for a pressure cooker that doesnt take so long to build up pressure!

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Absolutely nothing wrong with mine

Honestly, I do not know what the other reviewers are talking about. I have bought this exact pressure cooker almost a year ago and I have been using it pretty much every single day since. I don't remember the instructions booklet, I've always just used some common sense. It's not a rocket science. For the steam to build up, you need some water people, or whatever you put in needs to contain enough water. You don't need to add any water when you put for example seasoned chicken breasts in, or frozen vegetables. I steam fish in it all the time, cook stews, soups. Unless you're one of those people who need to read some instruction manual on how to read instruction manuals, you'll be fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

WORTHLESS JUNK, DONT BUY

All as previous reviewers, just a worthless piece of junk that they should not be selling - dont buy in any circumstances. It will go straight back tomorrow. Only gets to pressure on two out of four functions so it will slumber on forever till it burns dry , saute doesn't work, doesn't have 11 functions, etc,etc etc

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Won't pressurise

The instructions are in garbled English so you are left to work out how to do it yourself. It says press down and turn pressure valve anti clockwise. This is impossible. Whatever I do the pressure valve just doesn't work and will not pressurise this is supposed to be easy cooking. Returning it tomorrow.

Date PurchasedSep 2016